09/17/19 08:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Reading these comments is flat out depressing. I can only image the heck the kids are put through by these maniacs. My guess is that the kids don't take any enjoyment out of playing the game. I'm sure these posters never strapped up and stepped on the field to play. 100% guarantee. If you did, you would have a different perspective on the game.

Sorry your kid got cut. Have him HIT THE WALL and try again next August. Plenty of rec teams out there to catch on with.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292549
09/17/19 09:38 AM
09/17/19 09:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading these comments is flat out depressing. I can only image the heck the kids are put through by these maniacs. My guess is that the kids don't take any enjoyment out of playing the game. I'm sure these posters never strapped up and stepped on the field to play. 100% guarantee. If you did, you would have a different perspective on the game.

I played at all levels and I would like to agree with you I really would. However in the MD lacrosse scene former players are the biggest maniacs out there. I would submit the Madlax guy and MM of 91 as exhibits A&B to this point.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292568
09/17/19 12:59 PM
09/17/19 12:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid got cut. Have him HIT THE WALL and try again next August. Plenty of rec teams out there to catch on with.

A completely predictible response. Is anybody else envisioning a pimply teenager sipping a mountain dew smashing his fingers into a keyboard to get out that thoughless response? As for the other actually thoughtful response, I never considered that as I'm not native MD. I guess that is what you get in a hotbed. O'DOYLE RULES!!!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292574
09/17/19 02:44 PM
09/17/19 02:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A completely predictible response. Is anybody else envisioning a pimply teenager sipping a mountain dew smashing his fingers into a keyboard to get out that thoughless response? As for the other actually thoughtful response, I never considered that as I'm not native MD. I guess that is what you get in a hotbed. O'DOYLE RULES!!!

Do you need the number for some rec teams? You sound angry. Go outside, HIT THE WALL and come back in refreshed

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292579
09/17/19 03:29 PM
09/17/19 03:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you need the number for some rec teams? You sound angry. Go outside, HIT THE WALL and come back in refreshed

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292581
09/17/19 04:16 PM
09/17/19 04:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

That still won't get your cut son on a team

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292583
09/17/19 04:39 PM
09/17/19 04:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Grief man. Quit your crying and Hit The Wall ! Couple Rec programs still have spots open in their Little Scooper program for you.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292585
09/17/19 04:44 PM
09/17/19 04:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I played at all levels and I would like to agree with you I really would. However in the MD lacrosse scene former players are the biggest maniacs out there. I would submit the Madlax guy and MM of 91 as exhibits A&B to this point.

Both of you fellows should get together and HUG IT OUT !!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292614
09/18/19 08:32 AM
09/18/19 08:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

I'll have you know my son is very much UNCUT...we are european!!! How American of you to assume! Deep country Maryland I bet. I smell a confederate flag and dueling banjo's for sure. It makes sense now.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292620
09/18/19 09:04 AM
09/18/19 09:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Reading these comments is flat out depressing. I can only image the heck the kids are put through by these maniacs. My guess is that the kids don't take any enjoyment out of playing the game. I'm sure these posters never strapped up and stepped on the field to play. 100% guarantee. If you did, you would have a different perspective on the game.

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

I'll have you know my son is very much UNCUT...we are european!!! How American of you to assume! Deep country Maryland I bet. I smell a confederate flag and dueling banjo's for sure. It makes sense now.

Sounds like something someone with a kid who didn't make a team would say. Practice, practice practice and a little wall ball he'll bounce back next year and make a team. Good luck in rec this spring. Bring him out to some club games so he can see what he needs to do to make one.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292622
09/18/19 09:16 AM
09/18/19 09:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny. Now we are at European vs American. This site just keeps getting better.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292623
09/18/19 09:34 AM
09/18/19 09:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. I was attempting some humor there. At least an attempt at something a little more interesting than the normal visceral keyboard smashing and repetitive "your kid must have been cut, hit the wall" replys. Clearly there are some knuckledraggers on here who didn't recognize it for what it was.

My son is a holdback. He made the team. He makes all the teams. He also scores really well on all his tests in school. Mainly because he's a hold back. Decided to give him that advantage both academically and athletically. I also send him to a private school. Better teachers. Just giving him all the advantages that I can. Loving it. Really nothing you can do about it except complain to a deaf ear. Love that too. I'm smiling over here.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292630
09/18/19 10:46 AM
09/18/19 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292631
09/18/19 10:50 AM
09/18/19 10:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. I was attempting some humor there. At least an attempt at something a little more interesting than the normal visceral keyboard smashing and repetitive "your kid must have been cut, hit the wall" replys. Clearly there are some knuckledraggers on here who didn't recognize it for what it was.

My son is a holdback. He made the team. He makes all the teams. He also scores really well on all his tests in school. Mainly because he's a hold back. Decided to give him that advantage both academically and athletically. I also send him to a private school. Better teachers. Just giving him all the advantages that I can. Loving it. Really nothing you can do about it except complain to a deaf ear. Love that too. I'm smiling over here.

Yep. You fit right in. Have a good season.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292634
09/18/19 11:18 AM
09/18/19 11:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

Couldn't agree more with this post. I mean this is 100% spot on.

Let the kids enjoy youth lacrosse and really get a passion for the sport. That passion is what will drive them to hit the wall when nobody is looking (Not Lavar Ball yelling in his ear that he better hit that wall). .

For now, the kids can learn sportsmanship, teamwork, and life lessons while making *gasp* friends on whatever team they are playing on.

Reply Quote
Page 26 of 46 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 45 46
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification