09/15/19 06:51 PM
09/15/19 06:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Round 5 coming out tomorrow! Heard the D4 schools are drooling!

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292513
09/16/19 06:29 AM
09/16/19 06:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know when the Showtime invites go out?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292517
09/16/19 10:28 AM
09/16/19 10:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL
Probabaly when the checks to get kids put on the team clears

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292518
09/16/19 10:33 AM
09/16/19 10:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Settle down in West Islip. You will not beat SWR or Mt. Sinai this year anyway or next for SWR at least. Put that in the bank. Good luck getting to semis; that is an attainable goal.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292537
09/16/19 04:53 PM
09/16/19 04:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Inside Lacrosse rating system is imperfect. For the very top kids, the ratings are fairly obvious. Where it sort of falls apart is with the next level of very good players. There are many, many players who never make it onto the IL radar for the simple reason that they didn't pay in an IL event or have never been evaluated by IL. Kids can play everywhere and never get evaluated. IL may evaluate kids in UA tryouts in NJ, but not on LI. So it is often a crapshoot.....which on some level s too bad. Like it or not, IL and Ty Xanders have a platform and when they blast stuff out on social media about a kid or rate him high it creates buzz and interest. Then it becomes self-fulfilling with the same kids showing up on the same lists over and over. That then leads to invites to fancy combines and showcases, etc. etc. which helps with recruitment. Again, though, that doesn't mean if your kid isn't a 4-5 star recruit that he cannot play high-end lacrosse in college. It just makes it a little harder and the process may take longer. Go down the list of commitments on the IL site and see how many kids committed to top D1 programs are not 4-5 star recruits. There are a ton of kids that get completely missed by IL.....so just keep it in perspective.

I thought a big component of it is that Ty Xander has relationships with D1 coaches and they inform him of their top prospects. This is probably supplemental to various national showcases, tournaments, etc. so who really knows.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292540
09/16/19 07:23 PM
09/16/19 07:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Inside Lacrosse rating system is imperfect. For the very top kids, the ratings are fairly obvious. Where it sort of falls apart is with the next level of very good players. There are many, many players who never make it onto the IL radar for the simple reason that they didn't pay in an IL event or have never been evaluated by IL. Kids can play everywhere and never get evaluated. IL may evaluate kids in UA tryouts in NJ, but not on LI. So it is often a crapshoot.....which on some level s too bad. Like it or not, IL and Ty Xanders have a platform and when they blast stuff out on social media about a kid or rate him high it creates buzz and interest. Then it becomes self-fulfilling with the same kids showing up on the same lists over and over. That then leads to invites to fancy combines and showcases, etc. etc. which helps with recruitment. Again, though, that doesn't mean if your kid isn't a 4-5 star recruit that he cannot play high-end lacrosse in college. It just makes it a little harder and the process may take longer. Go down the list of commitments on the IL site and see how many kids committed to top D1 programs are not 4-5 star recruits. There are a ton of kids that get completely missed by IL.....so just keep it in perspective.

I thought a big component of it is that Ty Xander has relationships with D1 coaches and they inform him of their top prospects. This is probably supplemental to various national showcases, tournaments, etc. so who really knows.

My son never went to get evaluated by IL so he has no stars next to his name. Was recruited by some top D1 programs and this was because of his high school coaches and going to prospect days. He also played on a top travel team so that also helped. Im glad its over and looking forward to his senior season. IL misses many top players so you need to market yourself with the help of your coaches.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292543
09/16/19 10:47 PM
09/16/19 10:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons came on Sept 4th

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292553
09/17/19 09:56 AM
09/17/19 09:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip will dominate have a ton of talent returning

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292558
09/17/19 10:30 AM
09/17/19 10:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club teams do they play for?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292565
09/17/19 11:21 AM
09/17/19 11:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you get them evaluated by IL? What is the process?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292580
09/17/19 03:38 PM
09/17/19 03:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you get them evaluated by IL? What is the process?

It’s pay to play with a good dose of daddy ball thrown in!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292591
09/17/19 07:07 PM
09/17/19 07:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know, humility goes a long way. You are setting yourself and your town up for serious disappointment if you really think that WI will dominate D2. Only a fool would think that way. Keep drinking the Cool Aid

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292604
09/17/19 10:46 PM
09/17/19 10:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know, humility goes a long way. You are setting yourself and your town up for serious disappointment if you really think that WI will dominate D2. Only a fool would think that way. Keep drinking the Cool Aid

these comments killed the season last year, you really want to start this again. Some of the parents you dealt with last year were kind. SWR and MTS wont be as nice. Dont say you werent warned.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292605
09/17/19 10:49 PM
09/17/19 10:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must not be good in math how does 5 kids=ton

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292607
09/17/19 11:16 PM
09/17/19 11:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]a few topics i want to discuss

College coaches on the hot seat and the impact the carousel of coaches jumping has.

I think it is great the change from just a few years ago having the colleges wait until Junior year to recruit a player. Yes, a student should love the school so if the coach changes you still want to be at the school but the reality is, Lets say a school like Notre Dame. Byrne leaving for Havard is huge. Lets say a Duke/UVA/Yale recruit who didnt like Corrigan but loved Jerry would have most definitely considered Havard. Some will say the coaches just flip flopped, and I hear you but will agree to disagree.

NY schools

What has happened in Binghampton. Was the coach lucky in his first year with some really good transfers. Assit Coach jumping there is troubling. Being a top notch school why the heck hasnt NYS promoted this program. Am I the only one seeing this as a gold mine for some coach.

Canisius - does this school not appeal to LI kids.

Bonnies - welcome to the party

Colgate - could see a resurgence here, but take a cerytain student. ya really gotta like being away from everything

Cornell - Mighty mite. clear case where school means more than coach. Coach is good but a bit nepolianic rubbing poeple the wrong way.

Hobart - Hey guys put a few top contenders on your schedule -

'Cuse, losing a lot of recruits the past year, will there be a rebound, are some hot shot young players look up north. Love that staff but could things be heating up. Has Duke taken the kids you thought would have gone to 'Cuse. (Nope)

Siena - I see good things here

Albany - This is the perfect example of being a perfect fit both school and coach wise. Look at the coach and school if you fit this mold its perfect for you

Marist - Shocked it isnt any better nationally in lax. this is an amazing Campus.

Army - Thank you for your service!! Takes a special kid. unfortunately i dont see that in a few of their recruits and just have top shake my head.

Hofstra St Johns Manhattan and Wagner. I like McCutcheon from Momnmouth for Wagner. I am shocked why St Johns and Manhattan still havnt brought in real big name guys. St Johns, Manhattan and Hofstra do not have football but have hoops Lax could and should be a bigger focus. New Ad at Manhattan needs to pull the trigger and start the search. For a coach with a losing record should he

My middle son was recruited by Binghamton, coach gives off a weird vibe. Not sure how to describe it but neither of us felt comfortable. Also campus is oddly situated, main road separates it from everything else, you need to drive to go anywhere. Great school and value. I look at Binghamton and Geneseo and think both should be attractive for kids serious about school so easy sell for coaches. In fact, I expect the better SUNY schools to become powerful programs as college costs keep going up and SUNY looks so darn attractive. Marist is an amazing campus surrounded by.....unattractive neighborhoods stocked with not the choicest of people.

HOLY COW! My son ruled Bing out right away because of a "Vibe" he got from coach as well. Then the assist started leaving and that sealed it. Such a shame, would/could have been a good thing. I agree with you on Geneseo

The vibe is real. A few guys I coach with were talking about Geneseo as more kids are looking at it. One guy said he hopes they don't move to D1 like their hockey program, that would ruin the program. Right now its a great school with a program that looks ready to start making tournament appearances, don't force D1. Many kids are transferring from lower tier D1 to D3 because its pure drudgery and not for everyone. I think over the next 5 years more kids will choose D3 or D2 over lower tier D1.

My understanding is that a school can be D3 and have 1 D1 program. The minute they have 2 D1 programs, the entire school has to go D1 So I doubt that will happen

Johns Hopkins fields 24 varsity teams, 22 of which compete at the NCAA Division III level. The other two, men’s and women’s lacrosse, both compete in Division I.

I think the point was hopefully schools don't ruin the D3 experience just to play in D1. Look at the lower half of the D1 landscape. Unless they are giving you a monster scholarship, how much fun can someone have--is it worth it?

So true. If I was playing again, I'd go to Amherst and play for a championship at Gillette Stadium.

Have you gone through the process recently. You mention Amherst, if you have those grades you are not going to consider to a lower (Bottom) D1 program in the first place (sans maybe Lafayette and Dartmouth). If you mention Amherst grades and academics matter.

Stop spewing this, no you wouldn't. I know of a few kids smart enough not to compromise academics for sports. Not sure if I know many kids these days who really devalued academics for the lure of D1 sports. and D2? No way in heck! How many quality (Amherst level) academic institutions are there in D2? please list, id love to check them out

Reply Quote
Page 429 of 433 1 2 427 428 429 430 431 432 433
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification