BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 311 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are skewed towards teams they play in inside lacrosse tournaments or have players that do their events.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rankings are skewed towards teams they play in inside lacrosse tournaments or have players that do their events.

You're correct the rankings are skewed towards teams that won more games and strength of schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I No doubt Team 91 is the best team in the age group

you spelled Hawks wrong

Did you see the Naptown Championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding is a joke. They belong in the B league. Never even sniffed the MIAA playoffs in 15 years. No kid in their right mind would chose to go their for lacrosse. They got a few 22s - some who already jumped ship and no 23s. They will stink as usual.

Time to get over your son not making Spalding. Starting to embarrass yourself.

Seriously, Any kid that can't make the Spalding team should be embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding is a joke. They belong in the B league. Never even sniffed the MIAA playoffs in 15 years. No kid in their right mind would chose to go their for lacrosse. They got a few 22s - some who already jumped ship and no 23s. They will stink as usual.

Got it ! Your son didnt make the team, and now you carry that shame and embarrassment. Thanks for explaining yourself.

Have him HIT THE WALL !!! Better Luck next year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They’ve been failing for 15 years straight. The two Championships comment isn’t even worth commenting on. Pure hubris.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't 2022 Hawks all SJC kids now? 3D New England was best team I saw at that age group all Summer. Not even close, even though Laxachusetts beat them at the Hill School. But 3D New England made up for it by handling MadLax and Hawks pretty easily at Crab Feast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it ! Your son didnt make the team, and now you carry that shame and embarrassment. Thanks for explaining yourself.

I don't think you get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't 2022 Hawks all SJC kids now? 3D New England was best team I saw at that age group all Summer. Not even close, even though Laxachusetts beat them at the Hill School. But 3D New England made up for it by handling MadLax and Hawks pretty easily at Crab Feast.

The better Hawks kids go to Spalding!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true! AND the Spalding coach is a MLL player! The Hawks coach is on the Spalding staff and we all know how great the 22 Hawks are! I would rank the Spalding staff as better than some D1 staffs, ahead of most D3 staffs, and top to bottom the best staff in the MIAA! They played Mcdonough really close last year and beat Severn Park! Sleeping giant is awakening! Next time you are in the greater Glen Burnie area or out at the A A county landfill drive over and have a look at the facilities. Good things are happening at New Cut!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true! AND the Spalding coach is a MLL player! The Hawks coach is on the Spalding staff and we all know how great the 22 Hawks are! I would rank the Spalding staff as better than some D1 staffs, ahead of most D3 staffs, and top to bottom the best staff in the MIAA! They played Mcdonough really close last year and beat Severn Park! Sleeping giant is awakening! Next time you are in the greater Glen Burnie area or out at the A A county landfill drive over and have a look at the facilities. Good things are happening at New Cut!

By facilities you mean the ugly brick buildings that looks like they used to be an old public school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to keep up that team camaraderie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think you get it.

I think you need to fixate on something else. Maybe he can make Varsity for a good Public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please take all comments about the Hawks 22's and Spalding over to the 22 forum where you will fit right in with all the others who think they actually know anything about lacrosse. Leave this forum for the real lacrosse talk about some of the beast teams in the country..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please take all comments about the Hawks 22's and Spalding over to the 22 forum where you will fit right in with all the others who think they actually know anything about lacrosse. Leave this forum for the real lacrosse talk about some of the beast teams in the country..

Hawks are one of the “beast” teams in the country. If you knew, what you think you know, you would know that. Get with it Lax know it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are one of the “beast” teams in the country. If you knew, what you think you know, you would know that. Get with it Lax know it all.

And tell me how many tournaments they won last summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not about tournament wins know it all. Sorry your kid got cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not about tournament wins know it all. Sorry your kid got cut.

It never is with teams that cant win them. W's are contagious as are L's. Good Clubs prefer W's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wins more games than they do in Maryland?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO ONE! That’s why they are hated. Haters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure Maryland teams take spankings from LI teams on a regular basis. 💪🏻 island!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure Maryland teams take spankings from LI teams on a regular basis. 💪🏻 island!

😴

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team in Maryland can look at their current roster and guess which one of their best players will try out for Hawks next year, simply based on how many selfies the kid and parents post on social media. Its a groupie affect. Plenty of teams and events to play for outside of your club experience now, but team jumpers follow the hype. Much less hype than it was 3 years ago, just takes those types a little longer to catch up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're correct the rankings are skewed towards teams that won more games and strength of schedule.

B.S... It is all political.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be one of the 91 parents who could not figure out that if 8 teams made the championship bracket and there were 8 pools you had to win your pool to advance. When you did not get your way you packed up and went home Saturday night.

Wrong. But now that you mention it, the 2022 91 team from MD was magically added to the softest 3 team bracket! Must be nice?

That is a fact^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have any facts to back up your complaint? Rankings provided by IL are very detailed on how they come up with their rankings, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't understand your reasoning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have any facts to back up your complaint? Rankings provided by IL are very detailed on how they come up with their rankings, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't understand your reasoning.

Seems to me that the MIAA kids were "rationed" a bit in the 2020 rankings....no more than 2 per team I believe for the teams who had kids on the list. A few uncommitted kids made it in front of a ton of committed ones who were productive starters on high school teams which does seem to scream that teams who played IL events had players who got "the nudge" so to speak. And there doesn't seem to be very much consideration for strength of schedule for some of the kids who made it into the top 100 vs ones who didn't. I've heard tons of folks complain before about kids from the east coast getting all of the props....walk a mile in some of their shoes before you complain. When you live in a hotbed area this is what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs exist to make money and sell the dream of D1 glory. They don’t give a rat’s butt about your kid. Only a handful of kids are going to play in college and only a portion of them will ever see meaningful time. The 9th grade holdback phenom is tomorrow’s bench warmer.

Last edited by 1026ME; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs exist to make money and sell the dream of D1 glory. They don’t give a rat’s butt about your kid. Only a handful of kids are going to play in college and only a portion of them will ever see meaningful time. The 9th grade holdback phenom is tomorrow’s bench warmer. [/quote]

Salty! 👀

Last edited by 1026ME; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs exist to make money and sell the dream of D1 glory. They don’t give a rat’s butt about your kid. Only a handful of kids are going to play in college and only a portion of them will ever see meaningful time. The 9th grade holdback phenom is tomorrow’s bench warmer. [/quote]

I agree this should be moved to a club discussion and not in the HS thread. However, as much as parents want to bash the clubs, the top programs place 12-18 kids a year into college programs. Of the HS teams most of the kids recruited also play for the top clubs. It is very rare that a college player did not play for a top club. Check the commit list of the top clubs, they are not just selling the dream, they appear to be delivering it as well.

Last edited by 1026ME; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[=Anonymous. Clubs exist to make money and sell the dream of D1 glory. They don’t give a rat’s butt about your kid. Only a handful of kids are going to play in college and only a portion of them will ever see meaningful time. The 9th grade holdback phenom is tomorrow’s bench warmer.

I agree this should be moved to a club discussion and not in the HS thread. However, as much as parents want to bash the clubs, the top programs place 12-18 kids a year into college programs. Of the HS teams most of the kids recruited also play for the top clubs. It is very rare that a college player did not play for a top club. Check the commit list of the top clubs, they are not just selling the dream, they appear to be delivering it as well.
[/quote]

If the dream is getting into a better School and/or being on a D1 team (freshman year at least) then yes, they are delivering on their promise. If the promise is making you good enough to actually get time on a D1 team, that's more dependent on a multitude of factors: genetics (size, speed), student athlete work ethic, and luck rather than club training.

Last edited by 1026ME; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see team slainte 2022 is playing some fall tournaments. Is this the Koopers 2021 team rebranded?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per MIAA rules, are transfer students allowed to participate in the NHSLS play day on the 23rd?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per MIAA rules, are transfer students allowed to participate in the NHSLS play day on the 23rd?

It’s a showcase who cares???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Transfers and recruiting are constantly turned a blind eye to in the MIAA. CH and McD are worst offenders. This isn't even in their league, so it is isn't even on their radar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But Team 91 MD beats the Hawks every year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact: No surprise there? Team 91 MD has a professional coach (at one time the best player in the world with a wealth of coaching experience at higher levels), while the Hawks have two dads running recreational schemes. The older these boys become, the more important modern coaching becomes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But Team 91 MD beats the Hawks every year!

They play every year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact: No surprise there? Team 91 MD has a professional coach (at one time the best player in the world with a wealth of coaching experience at higher levels), while the Hawks have two dads running recreational schemes. The older these boys become, the more important modern coaching becomes.

One goal win during the fall. Dads did pretty good going against the professional (best player in the world). Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And has some of best quotes in the world too... Give it to the 9th grader , Break his arms, Offense revolves around one player only, etc, Holds record for getting tossed out of youth games by refs, Great video editor of opposing team players who play defense, Only explayer/coach loved in the world and entire Baltimore lacrosse community, sooooo much respect !!

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 311 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard