Bishop Shanahan (PA) 2020 Goalie Keegan Billie Commits to Widener University

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Bishop Shanahan (PA) 2020 Goalie Keegan Billie of Freedom Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Widener University.

High School: Bishop Shanahan (Downingtown, PA)
Grad Year: 2020
Position: Goalie
College Committed to: Widener University
Club Team: Freedom Lacrosse Club
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Widener University, Men's D3? "I had some high expectations (unc, st joes, etc.) then I talked to a few d1 players and they say it’s really a lot of time and it takes up most of your days. I also did some self-reflection and focused on the skill level I wanted to actually play at. I wanted to enjoy my college experience so I decided to look at d3. It was overwhelming how many d3 schools there are and how interested they were. They all had something that makes them really special. For Widener, it was the fact they focused on education and how they want to help their students for life after college. That appealed to me. I also loved knowing people that currently go there and will be there when I’m a Widener student myself. I went on a tour and just loved the place. Every other tour I went on after was like “well Widener has a better...” or “this reminds me a little bit of Widener”. I am beyond happy to be able to play for Coach Lockard and a few of my former Shanahan teammates again."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "[Thanks to] my mom and dad for paying for me to play, driving me everywhere, and helping me throughout the entire recruiting process. [And thanks to] Coach Goforth, Coach Miller, Coach Heisman, Coach Meyers, Coach Lange, and all those who helped in my development as a player."

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Keegan Billie on his commitment to Widener University. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below: