Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote

He is 6 months older than than the oldest kid on Wolfpack and more than a year older than several players. Nothing special about the month of August. He’s just another run of the mill 2024 Maryland holdback. Yawn. Last I checked, holdback-ism is an epidemic in Maryland youth lacrosse. A chaotic frantic mess. This is news?

Please don't come here to bring up the Wolfpups, they are a disgrace to the sport. They are the only team that anyone has mentioned that left a tournament early because they lost...

If you want to post about the pups go back to the LI forum, the one thing I will tell you about us in the DMV is that we respect game and rules, yes some of the kids may be older but the rules allow it. No DMV team would ever packup and go home because they were beaten, that was low, disgraceful and quite honestly classless. BTW did you reimburse the parents that had to stay and pay for an extra night, knowing that you were not playing the scheduled game the following morning?

If you want to talk about any other LI team feel free, but don't bring the pups over here with the big boys[/quote]

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291938
08/28/19 04:40 PM
08/28/19 04:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote

He is 6 months older than than the oldest kid on Wolfpack and more than a year older than several players. Nothing special about the month of August. He’s just another run of the mill 2024 Maryland holdback. Yawn. Last I checked, holdback-ism is an epidemic in Maryland youth lacrosse. A chaotic frantic mess. This is news?

Please don't come here to bring up the Wolfpups, they are a disgrace to the sport. They are the only team that anyone has mentioned that left a tournament early because they lost...

If you want to post about the pups go back to the LI forum, the one thing I will tell you about us in the DMV is that we respect game and rules, yes some of the kids may be older but the rules allow it. No DMV team would ever packup and go home because they were beaten, that was low, disgraceful and quite honestly classless. BTW did you reimburse the parents that had to stay and pay for an extra night, knowing that you were not playing the scheduled game the following morning?

If you want to talk about any other LI team feel free, but don't bring the pups over here with the big boys

[/quote]
[quote

If you want to talk about any other LI team feel free, but don't bring the pups over here with the big boys

[/quote]

Coming from a Madlax parent, your words come up very empty. Madlax 2024 plays with Madlax 2023 guest players and DC Dog 2023 guest players. They are a pick up team of 2024 holdbacks and 2023 holdbacks, for any given tourney. It changes from tourney to tourney. We all have seen it. We all know it. An unconscionable team. This despicable organization is the poster child for all the things that are wrong with youth sports today. The true filth of the sport. What ever it takes for a t-shirt, right?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292196
09/05/19 05:04 PM
09/05/19 05:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote

[quote

[/quote]

Coming from a Madlax parent, your words come up very empty. Madlax 2024 plays with Madlax 2023 guest players and DC Dog 2023 guest players. They are a pick up team of 2024 holdbacks and 2023 holdbacks, for any given tourney. It changes from tourney to tourney. We all have seen it. We all know it. An unconscionable team. This despicable organization is the poster child for all the things that are wrong with youth sports today. The true filth of the sport. What ever it takes for a t-shirt, right?

[/quote]

Heard Wolfpack was invited to the White House to be personally gratulated by the President for winning the World Series of youth lacrosse. Wow. That sure beats winning a t-shirt.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292212
09/05/19 10:46 PM
09/05/19 10:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liars and blowhards love to hang out with people just like them. I'm pretty sure if Madlax wanted to get together with the President to celebrate their #1 national ranking and undefeated year that they could make that happen rather easily. They just choose not to. But enjoy the visit and the local sites. If the team is in town, why don't you give Madlax a call and decide it once and for all on the field. Oh right, I heard that offer was extended for the fall already and the Wolfpack turned it down.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292248
09/06/19 02:20 PM
09/06/19 02:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote

[quote

[/quote]

Heard Wolfpack was invited to the White House to be personally gratulated by the President for winning the World Series of youth lacrosse. Wow. That sure beats winning a t-shirt.

[/quote]

Brag much? I'm not so sure if the prez beats T-shirts nowadays. In any case, would love to see WP play ML at some point. Ill have my popcorn ready.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292352
09/10/19 01:00 PM
09/10/19 01:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My money is on WP. To tell the truth, I’m not impressed at all with the ML team. My sons Express team played ML this summer and lost 4 - 2. If not for a couple of questionable calls and no calls, Express wins that game. Can’t say the same for games against WP. No comparison between ML and WP in my opinion. WP is more skilled at every position. Fun to watch.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292358
09/10/19 02:31 PM
09/10/19 02:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My money is on WP. To tell the truth, I’m not impressed at all with the ML team. My sons Express team played ML this summer and lost 4 - 2. If not for a couple of questionable calls and no calls, Express wins that game. Can’t say the same for games against WP. No comparison between ML and WP in my opinion. WP is more skilled at every position. Fun to watch.

From LI . seen ML play. WP has no shot. The team . is out Matched.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292359
09/10/19 03:06 PM
09/10/19 03:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two teams should just schedule a fall play day. Madlax should reach out to other local teams since WP would need to travel and maybe make it a two day event. However the Madlax game would have to be on day two because when they do not win Saturday they will #wolfpackupandgo

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292360
09/10/19 03:37 PM
09/10/19 03:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two teams should just schedule a fall play day. Madlax should reach out to other local teams since WP would need to travel and maybe make it a two day event. However the Madlax game would have to be on day two because when they do not win Saturday they will #wolfpackupandgo
Ha, that is also true.. also the weather. can not be to HOT !! and no other tournaments around that time. So they are all well rested.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292363
09/10/19 04:03 PM
09/10/19 04:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As much as I detest to, I am in agreement. My son plays on the Hawks. We played Madlax in Delaware. Lost 7-5 but game could have gone either way. Our game against 91 this year was very different. Really wasn’t close. Definitely a top finesse team.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292382
09/11/19 08:24 AM
09/11/19 08:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As much as I detest to, I am in agreement. My son plays on the Hawks. We played Madlax in Delaware. Lost 7-5 but game could have gone either way. Our game against 91 this year was very different. Really wasn’t close. Definitely a top finesse team.

Also depends which ML team shows up. The one that played most of the year with DMV kids, or the team at the end of the summer that adds a couple DC Dogs and flies in players from Texas and CA. The ML team in June was different than the one that played in NLF. WP probably beats the earlier version of ML, but not the one that played in Naptown and NLF.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292383
09/11/19 08:53 AM
09/11/19 08:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks dad, if you're referring to NAL Summer tourney in Newcastle DE, my son's team was there and I watched your game vs ML. It was a good game to watch. ML's new face off mid may be the best player in the tournament. Fast, big strong aggressive athlete, and he was the difference maker in that game. However, the ML 6'2 200+lbs middle with DC Dog helmet was not there. If he were, I can assure you it will not be that close. Don't get me wrong, this is not to suggest Hawks are not a top team.

I agree with you about WP, they bring diff style of play simply bec they are not as big overall compared to your team or ML. They're success is predicated on their FO Mid and other mid (#3 i think?), and they move the ball like a HS team from LI. If you can't slow down those 2 players, they are tough to beat. I would like to see the FO Mids from ML and WP go against each other. I think those 2 are MVPs of their teams. I hope a game with WP vs ML happens this upcoming season and if it does, post it here so we can come and watch.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292386
09/11/19 09:58 AM
09/11/19 09:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks dad, if you're referring to NAL Summer tourney in Newcastle DE, my son's team was there and I watched your game vs ML. It was a good game to watch. ML's new face off mid may be the best player in the tournament. Fast, big strong aggressive athlete, and he was the difference maker in that game. However, the ML 6'2 200+lbs middle with DC Dog helmet was not there. If he were, I can assure you it will not be that close. Don't get me wrong, this is not to suggest Hawks are not a top team.

I agree with you about WP, they bring diff style of play simply bec they are not as big overall compared to your team or ML. They're success is predicated on their FO Mid and other mid (#3 i think?), and they move the ball like a HS team from LI. If you can't slow down those 2 players, they are tough to beat. I would like to see the FO Mids from ML and WP go against each other. I think those 2 are MVPs of their teams. I hope a game with WP vs ML happens this upcoming season and if it does, post it here so we can come and watch.

I forgot to add my prediction if they ever play (full strength).. ML 9 - WP 7

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292417
09/11/19 02:32 PM
09/11/19 02:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am hearing that DCE (former BLC) has reloaded, how true is that?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292418
09/11/19 02:44 PM
09/11/19 02:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I forgot to add my prediction if they ever play (full strength).. ML 9 - WP 7

What does “full strength” mean? ML uses players from the 2023 DC Dogs team. All the kids know it. Using players from other teams, not to mention, a grade above, is “full strength”? That’s just cheating. The ML team that went to Delaware is their team and quite honestly it’s very beatable. Against the real ML team, I think 91 wins decisively.

Reply Quote
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification