BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will the recruiting be like come September 1st? Will the verbal commitments given still hold up or are they in jeopardy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What will the recruiting be like come September 1st? Will the verbal commitments given still hold up or are they in jeopardy?

Until something is signed, everything is at risk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That cuts both ways.

How many girls have committed to a service academy since 7/1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That cuts both ways.

What do you mean by a service academy?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a central location I can look for showcases and prospect days?
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do most 2021's have an idea about who is going to be calling them on September 1st or is everyone just completely in the dark?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

That cuts both ways.

Naval Academy, West Point, Air Force, etc.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks

You can find most of the Men's & Women's College Lacrosse Prospect Days and Showcases right here on Back Of The Cage by clicking on this link:
Back Of The Cage Event Directory (College Lacrosse Prospect Days + Showcases)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Service Academy's can make offers starting 7/1. The only one that usually doesn't is Coast Guard Academy. They are Div 3 and their admissions is much more of a crapshoot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by cltlax

That cuts both ways.

Naval Academy, West Point, Air Force, etc.

I’ve heard of 2 verbals to Navy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
Thanks

You can find Men's & Women's College Lacrosse Prospect Days and Showcases right here on Back Of The Cage by clicking on this link:
Back Of The Cage Event Directory (Prospect Days + Showcases)

Excellent service and free resource

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.................................................September 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.................................................September 1

Sept 1 is the start not the finish. Relax. It's not a race.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the end of the club season, I have seen, on social media, girls (very good players) taking "visits" to various D1 schools. I am curious how this works. I did not think there could be any contact between the programs and the prospects until 9/1. I am not talking about Army, Navy, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the end of the club season, I have seen, on social media, girls (very good players) taking "visits" to various D1 schools. I am curious how this works. I did not think there could be any contact between the programs and the prospects until 9/1. I am not talking about Army, Navy, etc.

You can visit schools anytime you want. Just cant talk to the coaches. There's more to picking a school than just lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Experience with recruiting platforms and actual interest - what has been your experience? Connectlax, Sports Recruits. Daughter being told interest from several schools that don’t even open her emails. Do coaches REALLY use these sites? Should she just send her last pre 9/1 emails from her personal email ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Experience with recruiting platforms and actual interest - what has been your experience? Connectlax, Sports Recruits. Daughter being told interest from several schools that don’t even open her emails. Do coaches REALLY use these sites? Should she just send her last pre 9/1 emails from her personal email ?

In our experience going through the recruiting process more than once... contact went through the club director / coach and then directly to my kids.

Players will know where they stand during the recruiting process. Remember, the recruiting process is fluid and where a player stands one day will likely change the next day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can visit schools anytime you want. Just cant talk to the coaches. There's more to picking a school than just lacrosse.

There are tours of facilities, fields, etc and assuming meetings with coaches and, assistants. Not the same as a visit a non athlete takes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are tours of facilities, fields, etc and assuming meetings with coaches and, assistants. Not the same as a visit a non athlete takes.

Right. But can’t do any of that until Sunday. Question was about girls posting visits on social media in last few weeks. None of those things happened on those visits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect response. Too many people forget that lacrosse is for 4 years (or less) and education is for a lifetime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect response. Too many people forget that lacrosse is for 4 years (or less) and education is for a lifetime.

Exactly. At this point the girls should have heard from quite a few schools that are interested. Sure there will be more that call starting Sunday, but why not go check out some of the ones you know are? Seems like a positive use of time in the few weeks they actually don't play sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass emails began at 12:01...it's all about how many kids they can get to the camp, it's not about recruiting! sad what is has become.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass emails began at 12:01...it's all about how many kids they can get to the camp, it's not about recruiting! sad what is has become.

What are you talking about? You seriously think coaches of top programs woke up today more interested in how many players they can lure to camps rather than connecting with their top 2021 recruits? Players that schools are most interested in will get phone calls. If your daughter gets a mass email from a school she is interested in, the smart first step is to reply and request a call with the coach. A mass email does not mean a school is actively recruiting a player, but a conversation with a coach allows you to get a feel for the school's interest and if they actually know something about your player vs. just an email address on a distribution list. Be smart and realistic, not an ignorant, whiny victim. My guess is that top schools are moving forward with 2021s quickly, while mid to lower programs will move more slowly. If you daughter is not a top recruit, it may take longer to confirm genuine interest with one on one conversations with coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head coaches contact the players they want and the coach will be very direct in making sure that the player understands just how much the coach want the player to be a part of their program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? You seriously think coaches of top programs woke up today more interested in how many players they can lure to camps rather than connecting with their top 2021 recruits? Players that schools are most interested in will get phone calls. If your daughter gets a mass email from a school she is interested in, the smart first step is to reply and request a call with the coach. A mass email does not mean a school is actively recruiting a player, but a conversation with a coach allows you to get a feel for the school's interest and if they actually know something about your player vs. just an email address on a distribution list. Be smart and realistic, not an ignorant, whiny victim. My guess is that top schools are moving forward with 2021s quickly, while mid to lower programs will move more slowly. If you daughter is not a top recruit, it may take longer to confirm genuine interest with one on one conversations with coaches.

Agree.

All of the coaches have their lists in order and they will go after the players at the top of their lists. As coaches lose their top recruits they will go down their list. The Top Programs will have much smaller lists than the rest of the programs. Coaches will re-evaluate once the dust settles and the majority of top players are off the board. The process is very fluid therefore where a player is on a coaches list can change from day to day as other players commit. Enjoy the ride and remember the saying when one door closes another door opens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 20 schools are all going after the same players the 1%. After all of those kids are gone they fill in. So if your daughter was contacted via a phone call, or email or coach at your front door at 12:01 then you know your daughter is a top recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Colorado, Stanford, USC are making calls, offering visits? Anyone want to share what schools are moving quickly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter received 6 or 7 emails for camps/clincs from schools she has never contacted or shown interest in. And yes some, while not top 10 are definitely sought after schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Colorado, Stanford, USC are making calls, offering visits? Anyone want to share what schools are moving quickly?

Yes.

Programs go after the players that they have ranked highest and then it becomes a trickle down. After the top players commit coaches then move on two the next tier player. For the most part coaches know how many players they are going to bring in and they have their list prioritized. Coaches try to fill their spots with the players they have at the top of their list. When the players they want are not available they move down their list. If a coach is talking to your daughter but not offering her a spot it is most likely because the coach has other players ranked above your daughter. Coaches know what they like, want and need and they will be very direct and forthcoming when offering a spot, they do not wait or hesitate with priority recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone must be too engaged with recruiting to complain about the Inside Lacrosse too 40 2021 list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone must be too engaged with recruiting to complain about the Inside Lacrosse too 40 2021 list.

Like someone said earlier, the lists that matter are kept by the coaches. Some of the girls named will have their pick of top 10 schools with scholarship money, some will be lucky for a spot on a top 25 team with more than book money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some very good players but the rest are the usual, who you know, where you pay etc players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like someone said earlier, the lists that matter are kept by the coaches. Some of the girls named will have their pick of top 10 schools with scholarship money, some will be lucky for a spot on a top 25 team with more than book money.

Yes, the lists that matter are the lists that the college coaches keep. However, I would be willing to bet that most college coaches have the players named by Inside Lacrosse pretty high on their own lists. I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a watch list. It does have 40 players to watch that “may” end up on the final list, but it is just the start of the process. Many will stay in the mix, many will not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a watch list. It does have 40 players to watch that “may” end up on the final list, but it is just the start of the process. Many will stay in the mix, many will not.

What "final list"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that 12:01am on 9/1 is not the best time to send an impersonal mass email about a camp/clinic. It appears disingenuous when blended in with real, personal texts, calls and emails from coaches that are genuinely interested. My daughter's reaction was to delete the "dear prospective student athlete" emails about camps and clinics immediately.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that 12:01am on 9/1 is not the best time to send an impersonal mass email about a camp/clinic. It appears disingenuous when blended in with real, personal texts, calls and emails from coaches that are genuinely interested. My daughter's reaction was to delete the "dear prospective student athlete" emails about camps and clinics immediately.

Leave it to John Sung to send a camp email at 12:30am on 9/1 sent from his email account! That guy is everything that I wouldn't want in a coach for my daughter. Bringing in way too many girls every year and promising them the world while giving little money is not anything I would want my daughter to be a part of. Especially considering his mixed results on the field. Good luck to anyone that buys what he's selling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I admit - did not think of it from that perspective. I thought the original poster was suggesting coaches are sending mass emails to drum up interest in camps/clinics instead of focusing on contacting their top picks on Sept 1. I agree, sending misleading mass emails on Sept 1 to unsuspecting players/parents to get them to attend camps and clinics is not the right approach. My daughter received some emails that were initially unclear if they were sent to a large group or specific interest, and they turned out to be genuine interest. When in doubt, if your daughter is interested in the program, it doesn't hurt to reply and see what kind of response she gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What "final list"?

What "final list"?

Inside Lacrosse release their comprehensive recruiting issue early next week. They usually have a top 100 ranked in order, more than the 40 that were pre-released. I disagree that any will be dropped from the final 100, ranking tbd.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard