BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Re: Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are three teams, and then the drop off to the next team, is... off a cliff. Use to be that Igloo was there. But now they won't be in any conversations either. It's been like this since the beginning. Every year, people post on here, "teams are catching up." Well I haven't seen it yet.

. [/quote]

Unfortunately it sounds like that gap may widen even further this year, with all of the top Igloo players going to either WP or Taz (and presumably Express). Would have made it a little more interesting had they gone to other teams. So who will be at the top of the next tier? True Blue?

[/quote]
Heard True Blue lost some of their good players as well. So we will just have to wait and see!![/quote]

I heard True blue trimmed the fat [/quote]

LOL. Ya True Blue trimmed away $3000 bills. Keep telling yourself that Bagel Boss Massapequa Dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

There are three teams, and then the drop off to the next team, is... off a cliff. Use to be that Igloo was there. But now they won't be in any conversations either. It's been like this since the beginning. Every year, people post on here, "teams are catching up." Well I haven't seen it yet.

Unfortunately it sounds like that gap may widen even further this year, with all of the top Igloo players going to either WP or Taz (and presumably Express). Would have made it a little more interesting had they gone to other teams. So who will be at the top of the next tier? True Blue?

[/quote]
Heard True Blue lost some of their good players as well. So we will just have to wait and see!![/quote]

LOL. Ya True Blue trimmed away $3000 bills. Keep telling yourself that Bagel Boss Massapequa Dad.[/quote]

Now that’s funny! I find it extremely humorous how your so fast to point out the short guy! I’m not sure where your little superstar plays lacrosse or if he even steps on the field but I just hope your satisfied rooting on the little johnnys on the field as your little boy is making sure the water is nice and cold for the real players! Another dense lacrosse dad paying in lnto the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

LOL. Ya True Blue trimmed away $3000 bills. Keep telling yourself that Bagel Boss Massapequa Dad.[/quote]

Team 24 will be in the top of the next tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack had a great run congrats that year is done. just looking forward to this season and found it interesting how bad igloo is gonna be this upcoming year. Midfielders all gone and and attack as well and lost their poles and goalie. Will they enter b tourneys with frostbite ?

Most of us have been on this thread a very long time. The conversation hasn’t changed since we started. Ninety percent of the posts are about WP, Taz and Express. In that order. This is Long Island, the undisputed hot bed of all hot beds for lacrosse. How is it that there still aren’t any teams in that conversation, even after all these years? There are only 60 kids on the Island with top talent? I don’t get it. There should be plenty of AA teams on the Island. Can’t really compare to MD teams, since they combine the grade ahead (holdbacks) with any given grade, and their on age kids are already up to 5 months older due to their cut off dates, but still... Long Island IS lacrosse. There really should be more “better” teams, right? Would appreciate different perspectives on this.

Too many teams and owners focused more on making money than making lacrosse players. The owners in their quest to capitalize don’t have the best coaches or training. Those coaches are just looking to win games to make it seem like they’re better then they are. A lot of kids that make up these teams are not club lax caliber players. Parents egos play a roll in wanting to brag that their kids are on the best team, even if they are the last kid on the roster. If you took the best 5-7 kids from the “B” teams and the worst 5-7 kids from the “AA” teams you could have about 8-10 competitive teams. Put some coaches in there that will make kids better and owners more committed to lacrosse and the players it may not be so top heavy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Igloo this year with each grade? They lost kids from every grade and they're a mess? Any insight?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack had a great run congrats that year is done. just looking forward to this season and found it interesting how bad igloo is gonna be this upcoming year. Midfielders all gone and and attack as well and lost their poles and goalie. Will they enter b tourneys with frostbite ?

Most of us have been on this thread a very long time. The conversation hasn’t changed since we started. Ninety percent of the posts are about WP, Taz and Express. In that order. This is Long Island, the undisputed hot bed of all hot beds for lacrosse. How is it that there still aren’t any teams in that conversation, even after all these years? There are only 60 kids on the Island with top talent? I don’t get it. There should be plenty of AA teams on the Island. Can’t really compare to MD teams, since they combine the grade ahead (holdbacks) with any given grade, and their on age kids are already up to 5 months older due to their cut off dates, but still... Long Island IS lacrosse. There really should be more “better” teams, right? Would appreciate different perspectives on this.

Too many teams and owners focused more on making money than making lacrosse players. The owners in their quest to capitalize don’t have the best coaches or training. Those coaches are just looking to win games to make it seem like they’re better then they are. A lot of kids that make up these teams are not club lax caliber players. Parents egos play a roll in wanting to brag that their kids are on the best team, even if they are the last kid on the roster. If you took the best 5-7 kids from the “B” teams and the worst 5-7 kids from the “AA” teams you could have about 8-10 competitive teams. Put some coaches in there that will make kids better and owners more committed to lacrosse and the players it may not be so top heavy.

I don't disagree. The business of youth sports is just that, a business. The first priority will always be "business" with the "sport" part a distant second. If the "business" were taken out of the equation, no doubt everything would be far different. Of curse, the extreme example of how bad this "business" can be, is with teams like Madlax, where quite literally it's all about the mighty dollar... the quintessential failure of the business model in youth sports. We, here on Long Island, are very fortunate that we live here and not in the MD area. Very few on-age athlete's get any opportunities at all, on AA caliber teams, due to their heavy dependence on holdbacks... a total epidemic problem down there. So while it's by no means perfect here, rest assured it could be far, far worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a ton of B teams on LI who would be A teams in any other state. However, the B teams are disrespected by the holier than thou LI parents, and especially the club owners.

Heard True Blue lost some of their good players as well. So we will just have to wait and see!!

True Blue kids were at all of the try outs. Typical scenario. Better B team kids trying to get on an A team. Don't know where any landed, though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Igloo this year with each grade? They lost kids from every grade and they're a mess? Any insight?

At the 2024 level, I don't think they have won a tournament in years. Or maybe ever. Apparently the parents just got sick of having a good team and never winning anything. I don't think they fared too well at the WSYL either. Blaming the coach, obviously. They are probably right. The team was good. Should have done better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's Wolfpack & Taz then everyone else.....

Express & Igloo not even in the conversation this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about shore 2 shore?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the Madlax troll at it again. Express has a good team. Wolfpack get's the nod as top team on the island, obviously, but Taz will be better than last year and Express is certainly no slouch. Should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about shore 2 shore?

Obviously they needed a lot of help. Did they get any, at their tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack, taz, express, true blue, rebels, igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny no mention of Sam the DC Dogs midfielder who played for Madlax in a couple of big tournaments this summer in the US Club Lax blurb today. Cheating D-Bags!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny no mention of Sam the DC Dogs midfielder who played for Madlax in a couple of big tournaments this summer in the US Club Lax blurb today. Cheating D-Bags!!!!!!

He has been on that 2024 for years, and played up this year with dC dogs in HOCO and came back down in the summer. I know because we’ve played that team for years. The bigger difference makers were very big 0 and the faceoff guy. Made a huge difference for them (and yes there were other DC dogs helmets out there (meaning 2023s) but those players were the key to their success. Most of the team other than those two looked the same to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has been on that 2024 for years, and played up this year with dC dogs in HOCO and came back down in the summer. I know because we’ve played that team for years. The bigger difference makers were very big 0 and the faceoff guy. Made a huge difference for them (and yes there were other DC dogs helmets out there (meaning 2023s) but those players were the key to their success. Most of the team other than those two looked the same to me.

Please stop naming kids in any of these forums. You wouldn't like it if someone singles out your boy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid is one of the top 3 players on the team and isn’t even mentioned by the coach?!?!?! 🤔

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Contrary to Popular belief in MD, playing “on age” is technically not playing “up”. Difficult concept, I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid is one of the top 3 players on the team and isn’t even mentioned by the coach?!?!?! 🤔

Take it to the Maryland 2023 thread. This is LI 2024 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack, taz, express, true blue, rebels, igloo.

Rebels??? Thanks Pat, next......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it to the Maryland 2023 thread. This is LI 2024 thread.

they only mentioned Senior most players. He is not old enough. All about seniority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seniority???? It was the 2024 team. They mentioned the new stud on the team why didn’t they mention him. Because they are gutless cheaters and didn’t want to get caught. This proves they bring in older 2023’s who play down or kids who aren’t even rostered on their normal 2024 team to play in these big tournaments. By the way MD parents I’m sure little Chad/Brad loved getting his picture taken with that championship t-shirt on but how did he feel when ringers were brought in and took his field time away to win this past summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is talking about wolfpack losing two starting Midfielder's ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seniority???? It was the 2024 team. They mentioned the new stud on the team why didn’t they mention him. Because they are gutless cheaters and didn’t want to get caught. This proves they bring in older 2023’s who play down or kids who aren’t even rostered on their normal 2024 team to play in these big tournaments. By the way MD parents I’m sure little Chad/Brad loved getting his picture taken with that championship t-shirt on but how did he feel when ringers were brought in and took his field time away to win this past summer?

You know, this practice is common place with developmental type teams, or teams that have a hard time getting enough kids to field a team, just struggling to stay afloat. But I must say, I'm not aware of any elite teams that do this, besides Madlax of course, where it is a very well known practice. It's very hard to keep this sort of thing a secret, since many of our kids are friends via social media. The Madlax kids actually brag about it to my kid. Based on this organizations well earned reputation, it really should not surprise anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like more pot stirring to me. 2/3’s of their first line left? I find that hard to believe. What are their numbers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like more pot stirring to me. 2/3’s of their first line left? I find that hard to believe. What are their numbers?

3 and 22 left? Yeah right. Nobody would leave a team like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a team that leaves when they lose. I surely would not even let my kid try out for a team like that. If those 2 kids left that team would drop the first a cliff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a team that leaves when they lose. I surely would not even let my kid try out for a team like that. If those 2 kids left that team would drop the first a cliff.

Thank you for the insightful commentary, cheater holdback parent from Madlax. Dude, how bad your life must be to troll this LI thread day and night, for several years now. Pathetic human trash. You are the quintessential Madlax cheater parent, a true representation of the Madlax core values. Real piece of garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm agree 100% #WolfPackUpAndLeave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Thank you for the insightful commentary, cheater holdback parent from Madlax. Dude, how bad your life must be to troll this LI thread day and night, for several years now. Pathetic human trash. You are the quintessential Madlax cheater parent, a true representation of the Madlax core values. Real piece of garbage.

sorry if the truth upsets you . Just face the facts!! Lose those 2 ranked 10, they will drop regardless this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

sorry if the truth upsets you . Just face the facts!! Lose those 2 ranked 10, they will drop regardless this year.

I know 3 left for sure. you heard mom pumping up express on national tv. wonderful 91 director. let the drama commence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

well I guess now we will see how great the original wolfpack team really is now that there guest players have moved on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they left
Where did they go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they left
Where did they go

Dunno. They just #WolfPackUpAndLeft 😂

It’s never gonna grow old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok new question, let's change it up some. Instead of talking about the holdbacks - a number of our best players in 2024 play up. I'm talking Sept 2005 and younger playing on 23 Teams (not your top 5 teams but top 20 teams). Now that 2023 are considered HS - Do they stay with 2023 or start playing with their class?

I am thinking 1 more summer with 23 and then do HS with their actual class

Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they left
Where did they go

Baseless rumors that will be debunked soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok new question, let's change it up some. Instead of talking about the holdbacks - a number of our best players in 2024 play up. I'm talking Sept 2005 and younger playing on 23 Teams (not your top 5 teams but top 20 teams). Now that 2023 are considered HS - Do they stay with 2023 or start playing with their class?

I am thinking 1 more summer with 23 and then do HS with their actual class

Thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. What you say makes sense. The question is, is anyone actually looking at Freshman or are the college coaches mainly concentrating on Sophomores? I would think it was Sophomores but I don't really know. I also had a director mention to me that it might be a problem when the team starts entering showcases but he wasn't sure. He said we'll figure it out when we get to that point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they left
Where did they go

who cares. The team has lost its image after the stunt they pulled in the NLF .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they left
Where did they go

Same mindless garbage from the the same mindless Madlax stalker parent.

Hey BOTC, How about you do your job and quit posting this garbage??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they left
Where did they go

Same mindless garbage from the the same mindless Madlax stalker parent.

Hey BOTC, How about you do your job and quit posting this garbage??

Facts are not garbage. Truth hurts .

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard