BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks has no one at tryouts cuz kids wouldn’t make it anyway. Why go out when you are going to get cut

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ha Hawks had no one at tryouts

Elaborate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m trying to figure out why the coach of Sidewinders 2026 was walking around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m trying to figure out why the coach of Sidewinders 2026 was walking around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you know this because you didn’t bring your kid to tryout but still showed up to see who was there?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you know this because you didn’t bring your kid to tryout but still showed up to see who was there?

Oh my kid was there, and was on the phone committing to a different team on the drive home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my kid was there, and was on the phone committing to a different team on the drive home.

Went that poorly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight, you brought your kid to a tryout, for a team that went undefeated this year, yet the tryouts weren’t good enough for your superstar, nor did they have enough people there for your liking, and every kid from that undefeated team was likely there (so you know they are good), yet they weren’t good enough. Ok. Got it.

Went that poorly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice- who did you commit too? Must be some team.

Went that poorly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry your kid couldn’t hang

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were only 2 or 3 kids there that were not wearing Hawks gear that looked like they should have been there. That team is on another level, without being coached, they were calling plays during the scrimmage. My kid will not be back, they are really good, and he had an outing where nerves got the best of him and he did not feel like he was good enough. He wanted to see what that team was about, they work hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went that poorly?

Ouch ! Thats gotta Hurt !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just another example of watered down talent in Maryland. Rockfish is merging with PLC to fill age groups. Another example of two many teams and club owners looking to make money.

Some tell Spence and Ricky they should close up shop. Neither program fields competitor teams, it glorified rec ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight, you brought your kid to a tryout, for a team that went undefeated this year, yet the tryouts weren’t good enough for your superstar, nor did they have enough people there for your liking, and every kid from that undefeated team was likely there (so you know they are good), yet they weren’t good enough. Ok. Got it.

Well we all knew the Hawks parents response of “your kid isn’t good enough” was coming. If anything, they are predictable.
Have a great season Hawks parents. I hope you win every game, because I fear what will happen when you lose, and then lose again. Different breed of parents down there, and your stench keeps getting worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks got exactly what they wanted from tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is.....?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is.....?

No having to sort through a giant pile of players that are going to be recycled through the 22 other club teams in a 2 mile radius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were only 2 or 3 kids there that were not wearing Hawks gear that looked like they should have been there. That team is on another level, without being coached, they were calling plays during the scrimmage. My kid will not be back, they are really good, and he had an outing where nerves got the best of him and he did not feel like he was good enough. He wanted to see what that team was about, they work hard.

I think there were more like 10 non Hawks gear wearing kids. Whether or not a kid makes it or not, getting out there to test themselves against other kids is a good experience for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with the Hawks now is if you make the team this year as a new kid, your kid will see significant time on the bench as they have at least 16 kids that played last year that will be ahead of your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with the Hawks now is if you make the team this year as a new kid, your kid will see significant time on the bench as they have at least 16 kids that played last year that will be ahead of your kid.

Or teach your kid to work harder and get better and take their spot. To each their own

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well we all knew the Hawks parents response of “your kid isn’t good enough” was coming. If anything, they are predictable.
Have a great season Hawks parents. I hope you win every game, because I fear what will happen when you lose, and then lose again. Different breed of parents down there, and your stench keeps getting worse.

There were kids out there that will make the team, and others that wont but maybe should/could have made the team. With a good team coming off of a good season, I am sure that the coaches arent looking to rock the boat too much with the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is.....?

Bigger stronger faster and more athletic......... if you cant figure it out the rich get richer and the strong get stronger

This is everything wrong with youth lacrosse and sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think that is true. It might be that way to start, but if the new kid is a better player, they will get their opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is.....?

Bigger stronger faster and more athletic......... if you cant figure it out the rich get richer and the strong get stronger

This is everything wrong with youth lacrosse and sports

There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is the people out opening up a new club every 2 weeks because they see $$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New kids joined the team last year and took playing time over kids that had been there. So your statement is not accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard some issues going on at Diamondbacks. Most of the starters / talent have signed with True Annapolis and elsewhere, including the previous coach's kid. It appears the club was blindsided by this. Looking like the team will have to play down this coming year as they will have less talent to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard some issues going on at Diamondbacks. Most of the starters / talent have signed with True Annapolis and elsewhere, including the previous coach's kid. It appears the club was blindsided by this. Looking like the team will have to play down this coming year as they will have less talent to compete.

I'm sure someone will start another club team tonight and then they can say they will combine teams with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there were more like 10 non Hawks gear wearing kids. Whether or not a kid makes it or not, getting out there to test themselves against other kids is a good experience for them.

absolutely agree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what you get when you combine Diamondback kids and coaches at TRUE.............. 0-9 in HOCO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The landscape of the 2026 Divisions will be changing dramatically

True is making waves in the Elite Division and hasnt played a game. #allin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did the True 2026 players come from? Other HOCO Elite teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But will they even play in the Elite division? Or will they be looking up at AYLC & Next Level in the AAA division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did the True 2026 players come from? Other HOCO Elite teams?

Can someone answer this question? Curious, what will be different with them. You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. I'm generally interested in what they will do to bridge the talent gap from what is out there. This is not a knock on them or anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

absolutely agree!

TRUTH!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now way True plays elite, their team is unproven, just like AYLC last year and look where they are now. Lost 5-6 kids and struggling to field a competitive team. Just the new flavor of the week and will fade out as they always do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you dont see the writing on the wall with all these teams, you're a fool

Teams merging - watered down lacrosse - coaches and club owners promising a Cadillac and you get a YUGO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the local AACO teams are falling apart! Well except one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right. Sidewinders do look strong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South River Lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf claims to be starting 2025 and 2026 teams this fall and held tryouts the past two Sundays. Does anybody know how many players attended and from which programs?

Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard