BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know whats gone on with tryouts so far ( elevate, icon liberty, empire...)?
Heard some dissension at YG has lead to some defections. My daughter says some teams have reshuffled the deck. Trying to get a bead on tryouts that are left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know whats gone on with tryouts so far ( elevate, icon liberty, empire...)?
Heard some dissension at YG has lead to some defections. My daughter says some teams have reshuffled the deck. Trying to get a bead on tryouts that are left.

YJ or TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and Legacy are finished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy invites went out Tuesday night.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy invites went out Tuesday night.

Elevate invites went out last week and rosters are set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is then the last big team left whose tryouts aren’t over. Legacy, TG, Elevate, Liberty, Empire are all done? And with YJ two top teams merging, all that’s left is a B spot there... so table is pretty much set for fall season... any surprises. Heard YJ players were at a lot of tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters still have tryouts they also have 2 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ in this age group is a toxic mess. It’s bound to get worse. Top girl is out, other top girl coming in. Will be a 2 girl show, with the rest scratching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ in this age group is a toxic mess. It’s bound to get worse. Top girl is out, other top girl coming in. Will be a 2 girl show, with the rest scratching.

wow is there a mass exodus?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did she go? TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did she go? TG?

no one left YJ all still there rumors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

If Thorn is coaching it will still be a dumpster fire. Truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So for those of use who are YJ challenged, why do u say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

except that all the top other teams rosters went out....no YJ girls on these teams so where did they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

Thorn is a good coach stop stirring up nonsense. Thorn will take the top 4 girls off Colbert team. The rest will go to the b team. Yj will have a good A team mediocre b team and c and d money makers for the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 of the YJ Colbert players have officially accepted the spot on the Liberty 2023 team, along with a girl from top guns. Liberty might be a team to look out for this year with the gain with of a new, very strong defensive unit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if this is the top girl he is talking about but I know of 4 maybe 5 top girls leaving YJ Colbert and Thorn to join Liberty Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

Thorn is a good coach stop stirring up nonsense. Thorn will take the top 4 girls off Colbert team. The rest will go to the b team. Yj will have a good A team mediocre b team and c and d money makers for the club.

its still a F&F team...nothings changing they got 1 new girl and another parent coach this team continues to be a mess but everyone knows this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 of the YJ Colbert players have officially accepted the spot on the Liberty 2023 team, along with a girl from top guns. Liberty might be a team to look out for this year with the gain with of a new, very strong defensive unit.

there were only 2 standouts on Colbert ...everyone else is replaceable...unfortunately that is reality good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

isn't it 2 A teams again on YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its still a F&F team...nothings changing they got 1 new girl and another parent coach this team continues to be a mess but everyone knows this

I'm not stirring the pot. Thorn is terrible. They play terrible teams in protected brackets. The YJ brand always attracts talent and she's never been able to do anything with it. The team has done horribly every year since 2nd grade and rarely even win in the easy brackets they are entered in. I stand by my statement, Thorn is terrible.

The only reason people stay on the team is because they believe CR will help their daughter get recruited. I hope they are right. Because they sure aren't learning how to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Thorn team has already been decided. They will take 10 kids from Colbert team cut 10 from Thorn and move on with one A team and the B team will get overhauled in the process. The rest of the kids will be put on the C team they can call it Aa,A &B but everyone knows it will be an A,B,C .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t understand the attraction of playing for B, C or D for YJ. How do you camouflage the idea your kid didn’t make the top team when coaches come to call ( if that is you goal...). As far as learning to play to a higher level, we’ll that would be great if teaching occurred. From what I heard so far here and elsewhere, not a lot of high level instruction goes on. Coach K over at elevate of DG at Liberty can place your kid just as well for college AND the instruction is top notch. Sooo, again, what’s the draw unless you go to Northport for HS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, this is what I heard was in the works. So, really what is the point of my daughter showing up at that tryout?
Except to pad CR's pocket. The A team is already decided, so what is the draw? If your kid is going to play at NP HS the answer is obvious, otherwise...? As far as recruitment if that is your endgame, Coach K at Elevate or DG at Liberty can do just a much AND you will be taught to play the game. We blew it, should have showed up at those tryouts or TG. Empire and Legacy are whats left...Icon had like 45 girls at tryout, new for them, so I'm thinking girls who are designated for assignment at YJ have been seeking a home...should be interesting fall and spring...but all academic if YJ can get their stuff together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, this is what I heard was in the works. So, really what is the point of my daughter showing up at that tryout?
Except to pad CR's pocket. The A team is already decided, so what is the draw? If your kid is going to play at NP HS the answer is obvious, otherwise...? As far as recruitment if that is your endgame, Coach K at Elevate or DG at Liberty can do just a much AND you will be taught to play the game. We blew it, should have showed up at those tryouts or TG. Empire and Legacy are whats left...Icon had like 45 girls at tryout, new for them, so I'm thinking girls who are designated for assignment at YJ have been seeking a home...should be interesting fall and spring...but all academic if YJ can get their stuff together

YJ will place more girls than any other club! Their entire A, B and most of C. This is not true for other clubs, especially elevate, No one likes the director over there. If you are a YJ A or B stay! Anything below you should try to get on another A team. My 2019 played for a different club and got very little help, while her YJ friends had plenty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can' wait. This is going to be the best 2023 season yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've very confident Legacy will have no trouble getting our girls recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Thorn team has already been decided. They will take 10 kids from Colbert team cut 10 from Thorn and move on with one A team and the B team will get overhauled in the process. The rest of the kids will be put on the C team they can call it Aa,A &B but everyone knows it will be an A,B,C .

No way does Thorn drop 10 girls and add 10 Colbert girls. It just won't happen. Prediction is 4 girls from Colbert only 2 get meaningful minutes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder which player the Daddy coach is going to try and showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going to be the best year ever!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness to those who are going to be left hanging after YJ tryouts, this should have been revealed to the marginal players earlier so they could hook on elsewhere. The almighty dollar wins out again over what is right and fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams are already decided and if you haven’t heard your a or b then you are designated. To the other 2 teams. Tryouts means absolutely nothing. Yes they did drop a significant number of girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you have confirmed what I suspected, YJ tryouts is going to be a sham. Don’t bother if you haven’t already played for either of the top two teams and spend your money elsewhere... anyone know anything about this legecy516 thing... who is coaching , where they will practice or even where tryout is, and how much? Can’t believe how much the deck has been shuffled in this age group, like it’s going to be all new teams except for legacy. YJ, Elevate, Empire, Liberty, Icon all fresh faces. Glad my daughter got to Icon tryout, tons of girls And I know some of those teams shouldn’t be mentioned with others but who knows now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the first big tourney of the fall, or is that an oxymoron since nothing big happens in the fall, but teams still go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the first big tourney of the fall, or is that an oxymoron since nothing big happens in the fall, but teams still go?

This site has a decent list of tournaments in the fall. The National Lax Festival in late October usually gets a good draw.

https://www.uslacrosse.org/events/sanctioned-tournaments/tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age, everyone is clambering to get on the top team at the top club which provides sustainability for these travel programs. However, recruiting is an individual effort - How does your daughter's lax resume look? Has she participated in the NLC or Brine AA, or did she just go to Nationals b/c that's where her team went? Coaches look at individual players and what they do to differentiate themselves, individually, only helps in the long run. UA AA, UA 150, All-League, All-County - all of these accomplishments can be added to a resume to make your daughter stand out, not just that she played for a team that attended Nationals or was an all-star at a camp (yawn). Also, playing meaningful minutes on Varsity this year should be her top priority, not which YJ team she is on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age, everyone is clambering to get on the top team at the top club which provides sustainability for these travel programs. However, recruiting is an individual effort - How does your daughter's lax resume look? Has she participated in the NLC or Brine AA, or did she just go to Nationals b/c that's where her team went? Coaches look at individual players and what they do to differentiate themselves, individually, only helps in the long run. UA AA, UA 150, All-League, All-County - all of these accomplishments can be added to a resume to make your daughter stand out, not just that she played for a team that attended Nationals or was an all-star at a camp (yawn). Also, playing meaningful minutes on Varsity this year should be her top priority, not which YJ team she is on.

Under Armour 150.. Seriously..that was a JOKE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be a very interesting YJ tryout coming up as the long anticipated merge happens. The other travel clubs TG, Legacy, Elevate, Liberty will be watching anxiously hoping disgruntled players that didn't make the A team come to them looking for a new team. The other clubs didn't draw difference making players to their clubs.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard