BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 214 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .

You didn’t look back far enough, someone did indeed say the girls were lying:

“If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.”

My point was that I highly doubt any of the teenagers that listed it did it as a lie or to be malicious.

My point is I am unaware of any players who listed themselves as US lacrosse AA and I don’t think that poster was either so they said if someone does . They did not in fact call anyone a liar .The so called man who keeps going after the mom in his internet tough guy way is obviously a flaccid little man and I guarantee you if mom showed up with hubby he is the type to be a coward, typical uneducated tough guy. I could care less what these players call themselves, I am going to call my kid all universe because that’s what she is to me , lol. If players post false information on a college application , job resume ,college bio it could come back to bite them in the butt even if not done intentionally .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .

“If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.”

My point was that I highly doubt any of the teenagers that listed it did it as a lie or to be malicious.

My point is I am unaware of any players who listed themselves as US lacrosse AA and I don’t think that poster was either so they said if someone does . They did not in fact call anyone a liar .The so called man who keeps going after the mom in his internet tough guy way is obviously a flaccid little man and I guarantee you if mom showed up with hubby he is the type to be a coward, typical uneducated tough guy. I could care less what these players call themselves, I am going to call my kid all universe because that’s what she is to me , lol. If players post false information on a college application , job resume ,college bio it could come back to bite them in the butt even if not done intentionally .

You’re the same hammerhead with the ivy AA, nice try. hammerhead, called girls liars. Keep at it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete and utter clown, posting as a if she didn’t put the original “liar “ issue here. As said earlier, no way she has an ivy AA. The only liar on here is the nasty mom.Exposed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re the same hammerhead with the ivy AA, nice try. hammerhead, called girls liars. Keep at it

None of it matters. The people arguing about it are insane and have lost touch with reality. Congratulations to all who receive awards, accolades and honors. Parents and players should be proud .

This sport is so F&#@!% Up.... Every time there is an award, list, Team, honor or accolade some jealous, bitter delusional parent comes on here and looks for a way to tear down or diminish it. Trying to elevate your daughter by knocking others does not work. HS accolades are nice but they are truly meaningless. They do not help in the recruiting process and they certainly will not help once your daughter is in college. As for lying and or getting in some kind of trouble or having it become an issue... give it a rest already, nobody cares. This (as it always is) is about some parent wanting to believe that their daughter is better than the rest. Same BS every time... All-County..... All-American..... Under Amour All-American.... US Team..... Bla Bla Bla.... Jealous parents go on the attack. Very ugly.
This might be the first time that I have seen the parent of a player who supposedly earned a higher award trying to knock the lower award. Crazy. It all comes out in the wash. The reality is that there are probably between 10 - 20 high caliber players per class each year on Long Island. Approximately 100 girls from Long Island go on to play Division I lacrosse they are not all equal. Be happy our daughters play a sport that offers these incredible opportunities. Very sad that jealousy, bitterness and hate have become so prevalent in this sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete and utter clown, posting as a if she didn’t put the original “liar “ issue here. As said earlier, no way she has an ivy AA. The only liar on here is the nasty mom.Exposed

You are wrong again but I suspect you are wrong in most things. I would venture a guess you are divorced and your kid hates you as you obviously hate women. The only exposed is your hatred of someone you feel is a mom and your obviously an internet tough guy who in reality is a flaccid little man. You are obviously clueless when it comes to girls lacrosse and due to your struggle with the English language resort to being a fake tough guy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong again but I suspect you are wrong in most things. I would venture a guess you are divorced and your kid hates you as you obviously hate women. The only exposed is your hatred of someone you feel is a mom and your obviously an internet tough guy who in reality is a flaccid little man. You are obviously clueless when it comes to girls lacrosse and due to your struggle with the English language resort to being a fake tough guy.

Odd obsess with flaccid men sweetheart. Problem with women? Who called them liars and they would have problems? Who tried to act like a different person in another post? You’re a seriously ill person. You made up an “Ivy AA”. Really strange behavior. On a personal note, I’m fine but thanks for your concern, little mean lady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the person who called college girls liars saying that someone else is hateful? Explain please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to start a new controversy between the mom w the fake kid or the divorced women hater but I thought it was strange that in section xi you had players who were all county HM but went on to also get team 2 or 3 AA. Seems strange that a layers own coach would not award them All county but would put them up for AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to say, well done to the evaluators. You know. The one's who shatter little girls dreams of making a Under Armor team or any other so called All Star team. You keep taking the same kids over and over again. How did that work out for you. I and many other people can name a few girls that have been caught and passed by dozens of well deserving girls who have absolutely no chance of being called upon. Sad... Do you sit and wonder why numbers are down at a tryout. Nah, im sure you dont. Just as long as you get your favorites on to the team. Better luck next year. Try doing the right thing for a change. You will actually feel better, you know, as a person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to say, well done to the evaluators. You know. The one's who shatter little girls dreams of making a Under Armor team or any other so called All Star team. You keep taking the same kids over and over again. How did that work out for you. I and many other people can name a few girls that have been caught and passed by dozens of well deserving girls who have absolutely no chance of being called upon. Sad... Do you sit and wonder why numbers are down at a tryout. Nah, im sure you dont. Just as long as you get your favorites on to the team. Better luck next year. Try doing the right thing for a change. You will actually feel better, you know, as a person.

I’m surprised people still try out for things, at least in the Baltimore/DC area. Everyone knows it’s a flawed system. While there are girls who deservedly make the team, they make a mockery of the whole process with a number of their selections.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No different on Long Island!

I’m surprised people still try out for things, at least in the Baltimore/DC area. Everyone knows it’s a flawed system. While there are girls who deservedly make the team, they make a mockery of the whole process with a number of their selections.

No different on Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are ridiculous. How do you know how every kid did at the tryout . Maybe the kid you think are so deserving choked . Tell who these kids are that should have obviously made the team or who made it but obviously should not have but only made it because of connections . You won’t so just be quiet .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Shatter little girls dreams" oh please. Wow, you are the self proclaimed expert evaluator who can identify with absolute certainty the best of the best and you can do it all without hurting anyones feelings. It must be nice to be such a know it all.

Congratulations to all of the young women who earned a spot on one of the teams. Keep up the great work and be proud of your accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an expert at all. Just use facts and fugures. You can too. Just go to flg website. Very informative. All the stats you need to make your own informed opinion. I'm not a hater. A realist. Yes. Hey fool. Post what team your kid is on so we all can tell You if your wonderkind deserved the recognition. I'm guessing no. You are just trying to lump yours in with the deserving. Was it 3rd or 4th place at ua? Speaks for itself doesn't it. Be well and congrats to the deserving!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Baltimore did win both divisions on the girls side, so maybe the evaluators knew something you don't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an expert at all. Just use facts and fugures. You can too. Just go to flg website. Very informative. All the stats you need to make your own informed opinion. I'm not a hater. A realist. Yes. Hey fool. Post what team your kid is on so we all can tell You if your wonderkind deserved the recognition. I'm guessing no. You are just trying to lump yours in with the deserving. Was it 3rd or 4th place at ua? Speaks for itself doesn't it. Be well and congrats to the deserving!!!

Relax pal, have a Snickers, you're outrage is tiring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Facts and figures" you are a typical know nothing who looks at box scores of HS games and thinks they know something about the sport. High School statistics are meaningless. Some years Long Island wins the tournament some years they do not but they are always competitive. Great lacrosse is played in several areas around the country. look at this years Division I All-Americans, probably around 25% from Long Island and about 75% from the rest of the country. Long Island has by far the largest concentration of players but there are great players from many areas. Over the years there have been similar complaints but the reality is that in most instances the evaluators select very strong players. There are always going to be a handful of very good players who do not make the cut simply because there are only so many spots available.There are not that many deserving players who do not make the team (maybe 5-10). One of the problems on Long Island is that many parents put a lot of stock in HS Lacrosse, HS awards and HS recognition and the fact that their daughter is going to play college lacrosse. There are approximately "100" 2019 HS Grads going on to play Division I Womens Lacrosse. 10 - 15 of those players are legit high end players and maybe another 5 - 10 who might turn out to be legit. The problem is that many parents believe that because they were All-County or whatever and that they are going to play DI They are just as good as the top players.There is a big difference between the player going to play at BC and the player going to play at BU.

In the end none of it really matters, what matters. This sport provides more opportunity than any other sport. Go compare girls lax to girls soccer on Long Island. I bet there are only about half the number of girls from long island going to play division I soccer with maybe 3 -5 going to a Top 30 caliber program and about 3 -5 who were able to use soccer to get into a top tier academic school.

You say that you are "realist" and not a hater so I will take you at your word. If you want to know where a player really stands just look at the college programs that make / made offers. If the player has offers from Northwestern, Boston College, Maryland and North Carolina and didn't make the UA Team then maybe the evaluators got it wrong. (for 2021's and below I bet the players on the UA teams will receive offers from many of the Top 10 -20 Programs). Parents do not like to hear this but the reality is that the recruiting process will tell the players where they stand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a fool. First off the FLG " stats" are incomplete and second who cares about the stats. Only an ignorant uninformed dope determines who the best players are by stats, every year you have players on horrendous teams putting up big numbers against other horrendous teams. The best player in the country ( Questionable) had multiple games that she did not score in because she was being locked off etc, while others did not face that type of defensive attention every game. You are such a coward , if you think players made the team that are undeserving call them out , if you think there are players who unquestionably should have made it lets hear about them. You won't do it as your just a coward.Sorry your poor kid gets dragged to all these tryouts but has no chance at making them even thou dad says she's the best because she put u 5 goals against B'Wood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is a joke with stats. They are making more off HS kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So another list of the top HS girls, this time by BOTC. The truth is somewhere in these lists, between the FLG Goat lists, Newsday and BOTC lists of players. Just like some of the elite team selections, county awards, you would be surprised by both some of the players who got on these lists, as well as surprised by some of the players who did not make the list. You do see a pattern emerge, there are a small group on all the lists, that seem beyond question. Congrats to all on the list, keep working hard!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it me or do you all not get this u19 tournament. Seems like a complete waste of time, at the expense of US Lacrosse. There is zero competition. Nothing competitive about it. I would rather watch paint dry. Why waist everyone’s time and money? Embarrassing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it me or do you all not get this u19 tournament. Seems like a complete waste of time, at the expense of US Lacrosse. There is zero competition. Nothing competitive about it. I would rather watch paint dry. Why waist everyone’s time and money? Embarrassing

You are aware that the US lost in the last U19 games? And that the US has only won 4 of 6? This year is out of the ordinary. For all the griping people did about KAH putting so many NW girls on the team she has been proven correct. They are a fantastic team.

Do you think the results in the team USA basketball games are any different in the U20, U18, etc divisions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. Scores like 25-0 and 26-0 are embarrassing, so much for good sportsmanship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah why "waist" everyone's time. Go watch some paint dry then, why are you on here bellyaching spelling wizard?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations!!! Go USA!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please. It’s a bunch of college girls with a few very competitive high school kids. Playing a mismatch against mostly high school aged teams that can barely catch and throw, with 1-3 girls (US girls playing on foreign teams) with some skill thrown in. A total mismatch. Based on the talent from other countries she could of coached a decent high school team to the Championship. If the US took the 100 kids they originally put together, they could put 4 teams in and the US would finish 1-4. And possibly the team that won today wouldn’t of.
The placement of multiple NW kids isn’t a joke, it’s an embarrassment. 25-0. Pathetic. So much for the sportsmanship US Lacrosse preaches huh? And for every favor she maneuvered to put on the team, she left a deserving player out because of politics, favoritism, etc..
They won. Big surprise. Congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s you! I guess every team your daughter didn’t make is a joke and a complete waste of time? I’m sure if she made it, you wouldn’t be feeling this way. Proud of the girls and proud that they brought home the Gold for USA!! The girls have made forever friends from different Countries and have amazing memories! Sorry your daughter wasn’t chosen and can’t tell her children that she played for the USA team xrand won a gold medal. You can try and take that away but no matter how much you try, you can’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Women's U19 World Cup Tournament is about expanding the game of women's lacrosse to other countries. Women's Lacrosse is a fantastic sport and should be a internationally cultivated. Plant the seed and watch it grow. It's about showing the International Olympic Committee that Lacrosse isn't just occurring in the US and Canada. The ultimate goal is bringing Lacrosse back to the Olympics in 2024 or 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s you! I guess every team your daughter didn’t make is a joke and a complete waste of time? I’m sure if she made it, you wouldn’t be feeling this way. Proud of the girls and proud that they brought home the Gold for USA!! The girls have made forever friends from different Countries and have amazing memories! Sorry your daughter wasn’t chosen and can’t tell her children that she played for the USA team xrand won a gold medal. You can try and take that away but no matter how much you try, you can’t.

The losers will never stop trying to diminish the accomplishments of young women who do better than and receive more recognition and accolades than their daughter. Congratulations! Go USA! ..... and no, there are not 100 other girls who could have made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The losers will never stop trying to diminish the accomplishments of young women who do better than and receive more recognition and accolades than their daughter. Congratulations! Go USA! ..... and no, there are not 100 other girls who could have made the team.

Honestly I would be proud if my daughter makes the U19 team in the future but having that many NW kids on the team is a joke no matter how you look at it. Does anyone believe that there would have been so many to make the team if the NW coach was not involved, which shows the obvious politics. Its unfortunate that the sort has not caught on in other countries and not sure this will make the Olympic committee want the sport as it just shows that the US will win it easily at this point.Glad they won but have to say the games were unwatchable from a competitive standpoint and the only thing that was surprising was how Canada seemed to have taken a step back .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen brother (sister), a bunch of sad washwomen on here posting silliness about a bunch of girls they don't know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must of hit a nerve. Re read the post. It didn’t say 100 girls could make the team - so you’re daughters specialness or amazingness isn’t diminished.

The post did say the US could of taken ALL 100, created 4 (actually 5) teams and they would of finished 1-4/5.
But of course you feel slighted, because that view shows the competition and performance maybe wasn’t as special as US Lacrosse social media posts would lead you to believe.

The 2nd word in your post is lost - and assume your daughter (or your friends daughter or whomever) is being belittled and of course automatically has more recognition and by default is 100% more amazIng. Your response shows exactly what’s wrong with Lacrosse and the chosen ones of special entitlements.

You are right there weren’t 100 that could of made the final team and didn’t - but there were more than the 18 who made it that could/should of (but likely didn’t have the political capital or some tie in or unfortunately didn’t attend NW. A fact that is certainly lost on you because your connection made it on pure merit.

What country - after being beaten 25-0 or 26-0,
is going to honestly put money into investing in a game vs soccer or basketball or frankly most any other women’s sport?

I’m happy for the team and proud of the girls who worked their butts off for a year to be a part of it. US should of won. But the rest of the teams were weak and the talent level (other than a handful of girls - girls that’s were from the US by the way) more on par with JV Lacrosse at the high school level. Some teams they played couldn’t throw or catch with opposite hands. Not hating. Not jealous. No ace to grind. Just a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly I would be proud if my daughter makes the U19 team in the future but having that many NW kids on the team is a joke no matter how you look at it. Does anyone believe that there would have been so many to make the team if the NW coach was not involved, which shows the obvious politics. Its unfortunate that the sort has not caught on in other countries and not sure this will make the Olympic committee want the sport as it just shows that the US will win it easily at this point.Glad they won but have to say the games were unwatchable from a competitive standpoint and the only thing that was surprising was how Canada seemed to have taken a step back .

Please enough already. Have you watched any of the NU girls play? They are all excellent. I can't listen to the "Political" BS anymore. KAH obviously thinks very highly of the NU girls... she offered them a spot at Northwestern. If KAM or the others involved did not offer your daughter a spot at their respective university/program what would make you think that they would select you for the U19 Team. The coaches involved with the selection had all been watching the players for years during the recruiting process there were not a lot of surprises at the tryouts.

What is really a joke and embarrassing are the parents that constantly whine about how unfair everything is and how this is a joke and a waste and all political. When the college coaches from the top programs and the evaluators and selection committee members for Under Armour, Team USA etc... generally all come to the same conclusion as to who the top players are I think they are right most of the time.

Congrats to Team USA you all should be very proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please enough already. Have you watched any of the NU girls play? They are all excellent. I can't listen to the "Political" BS anymore. KAH obviously thinks very highly of the NU girls... she offered them a spot at Northwestern. If KAM or the others involved did not offer your daughter a spot at their respective university/program what would make you think that they would select you for the U19 Team. The coaches involved with the selection had all been watching the players for years during the recruiting process there were not a lot of surprises at the tryouts.

What is really a joke and embarrassing are the parents that constantly whine about how unfair everything is and how this is a joke and a waste and all political. When the college coaches from the top programs and the evaluators and selection committee members for Under Armour, Team USA etc... generally all come to the same conclusion as to who the top players are I think they are right most of the time.

Congrats to Team USA you all should be very proud

What will be really funny is in the spring when all of you that are on here congratulating the US team for killing other teams with scores like 25-0 are on here killing local kids/coaches for scoring a lot against the B’Woods the Port Jeff’s. Then, it will be that coach has no sportsmanship & little Sally superstar shouldn’t have scored 8 pts even when 6 of them were assists. Essentially what the US team did was exactly the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another nerve hit. When you put your USA hat on - you’re supposed to take your college or respective program hat off. And that’s clearly didn’t happen here. Girls cut and brought back. Girls playing subpar but being played over others. A process US Lacrosse swore was going to be transparent - and because of coaching egos became anything but that.

The competition at World Lacrosse was subpar. All the NU girls weren’t excellent - the stats don’t lie. And much of the stats some, NU girls and others, did pile up were done during stat padding moments up 12-2 or 16-0 or whatever.

Yes all the girls that made cuts along the way were good, and generally were always among the top. No denying that.

But your post basically acknowledges when the next tryout happens 4 years from now, if your daughter isn’t offered or recruited by the U19 Head Coach or the coaches involved with the selections you're wasting your time. From a National Team perspective that’s just wrong. And not what US lax promotes with their transparency and fairness approach. Plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And btw, not every one of those 18 girls were on that team by a political connection or a tie to something. Work hard, be humble, be selfless and amazing things can happen! Teach that to your daughter and along with their athletic ability they will go far and be liked. Teach them that they are always being slighted and they will become negative and unlikable and unfortunately turn out like you. Fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the folks talking about the lopsided scores and how that will discourage countries from investing in the sport and my hurt its olympic prospects that's just silly.

Look at other sports and some of their youth scores. Heck look at the Olympic basketball scores in a lot of cases. This year was a bit unusual in that the Canadian and Australian teams seemed to be weaker than previous years. Or maybe the US team was just very good this year which I honestly think is the case. This year's team was absolutely loaded at every position. The girls play unselfish lacrosse and showed the world what the sport can look like when played well. As another poster said, the main goal of these events is to grow the game of lacrosse. Every iteration has more countries entering so it seems to be working. Congrats to the US team and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you may be right. Maybe 1-2 didn’t have have a connection. Keep telling yourself most of the 18 didn’t have a tie-in. Follow the coaching tie-in, follow the club, follow the money, follow the relationships.

You’ll profess selflessness, humbleness, hard work and teaching moments. Yet come on here anonymously and be anything but humble. Because you taught all these things to your daughter and she’s was just so so athletic. And whomever questions it obviously wasn’t as athletic or special or deserving.

True there are parents that always gripe if their daughter doesn’t make the cut, or UA, or their HS varsity - whatever.
I’m not one of them, fortunately never had to be. Only stated how subpar the competition was , that the lack of transparency of course has people questioning, and just facts around this joke of dominance the last few weeks.

And all Ive seen back is “lost”, teach them wrong and they will turn out like you, and how embarrassing it is that anyone even questions how special this all is. Facts are facts, my daughter is just fine thank you. See ya on the sidelines when you’re yelling at your daughter “go to goal.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to Team USA you all should be very proud.

You failed to answer 1 simple question someone posted earlier. Would that many NW connected players have made the team if the NW coaching staff was not involved ? Honestly no dog in this fight but your statement shows you are delusional. Many kids get offers from NW and do not accept so lets not act as if its on the top of many players lists , while its great academically , weather is brutal, and the coach has a terrible reputation for being very difficult to play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never yell go to goal. My daughter would be mortified! Won’t see you on the sidelines ,I’m sure of it, because there is no way with your attitude that your daughter was recruited by a top 10 team, and if they were it’s because they did not listen to you. Btw, Club affiliation had nothing to do with making the USA team. I’m not sure why I am indulging, I guess just tired of hearing that if your child is successful that there is a negative reason behind it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 139 of 214 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard