BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard complete coaching change at Igloo. Steve Fennell and Sean Smith taking over Fennell will be sean on occasion

The old coach IGLOO had was their best shot.

Agreed That Rockville Centre guy was good. It's been downhill since

Last edited by lax516; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team has a shot at beating the Bandits this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
being a parent of a child who didn't make an "A" team we are looking for options of the next tier lax club. not looking to go to a "B" team from the big lax clubs because I've seen that those teams seem to struggle. I'm not coming on here looking to stir the pot or put down lax clubs. I know its a lil late but looking for best options for my child. thanks and please no negativity

Try the Force supplemental tryout. I heard True Blue has low numbers at tryouts as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team has a shot at beating the Bandits this year?

from LI, only express...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
being a parent of a child who didn't make an "A" team we are looking for options of the next tier lax club. not looking to go to a "B" team from the big lax clubs because I've seen that those teams seem to struggle. I'm not coming on here looking to stir the pot or put down lax clubs. I know its a lil late but looking for best options for my child. thanks and please no negativity

Try the Force supplemental tryout. I heard True Blue has low numbers at tryouts as well.

also..... Outlaws, Hitmen, Recon

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not True

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take this the wrong but; does he really want to play? Remember, if someone really wants something, they will find a way, if they don't they will find excuses... Additionally, lacrosse is not the answer to all things, if need be, move on to bigger and better things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take this the wrong but; does he really want to play? Remember, if someone really wants something, they will find a way, if they don't they will find excuses... Additionally, lacrosse is not the answer to all things, if need be, move on to bigger and better things.

That's just an ignorant statement and the person wasn't asking for your sage advice on whether or not his son should continue with lacrosse or not. The parent was asking for options. Give practical advice and leave the parenting to the parent. The arrogance you display is beyond words and maybe the parent and/or the kid just wants to be involved with lacrosse and has no further aspirations beyond travel and highschool. Get off your soap box and give practical advice or shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just an ignorant statement and the person wasn't asking for your sage advice on whether or not his son should continue with lacrosse or not. The parent was asking for options. Give practical advice and leave the parenting to the parent. The arrogance you display is beyond words and maybe the parent and/or the kid just wants to be involved with lacrosse and has no further aspirations beyond travel and highschool. Get off your soap box and give practical advice or shut up.

Sounds like a nerve was hit there Pops! Kid was with an organization (B team) for a couple of years, wanted to move up to the A team, it didn't happen. Now, you come on here looking for so called B team options. Be real, and now you're upset about what someone posted on this forum...Go surf the web and find a small organization B team. Not looking to stir the pot...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a nerve was hit there Pops! Kid was with an organization (B team) for a couple of years, wanted to move up to the A team, it didn't happen. Now, you come on here looking for so called B team options. Be real, and now you're upset about what someone posted on this forum...Go surf the web and find a small organization B team. Not looking to stir the pot...

You are missing the point. The person was asking for advice on different programs and not on whether or not his kid still wanted to play. I am sure you meant no harm but stay you should either provide that advice or not comment. These forums digress because people like to interject their own thoughts instead of responding to a question or providing appropriate advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't listen to this BadPerson. As a 9th grader your kid has plenty of time to get better at lacrosse. Look for a team where he will get playing time and practice minutes. You should see in tryouts where he stands amongst the other players. The end game is for your son to have fun by actually getting playing time and be the best player he can be by 12th grade. Also stay away from teams with daddy coaches who fill up 3 or 4 spots while the other 20+ players fight over 6 spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the kid isn't A caliber. It's the parents asking, who knows what the kid really wants. So go figure...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which teams got simnifically better and who got pillaged or worse?

Igloo: worse
S2S: same
Express: better
91: same
True Blue: same
Turtles: better
Rebels: same

Rumor has it that Turtles picked up the TB faceoff kid. Gonna make them much better. Not just a faceoff kid, he can play as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which teams got simnifically better and who got pillaged or worse?

Igloo: worse
S2S: same
Express: better
91: same
True Blue: same
Turtles: better
Rebels: same

Rumor has it that Turtles picked up the TB faceoff kid. Gonna make them much better. Not just a faceoff kid, he can play as well.

Not sure who was at Turtles, my son is a fogo and said one kid there was head and sholders above the him and the other kids. Could be that kid, either way, the kid is darn good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Turtle Director

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the team to beat this new season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits are still the top dog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ty Express Parent.. Until you beat the bandits, they will rule the LI teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits & Express are two very good teams & are the only 'A' teams for this age bracket from L I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits & Express are two very good teams & are the only 'A' teams for this age bracket from L I.

Age bracket? Lol! You must be referring to 2022 then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cant speak for the Express Team, but at least the bandits are all on age for the World Series cutoff. Basically the same team that smoked everyone...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the rest now that tryouts are over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Still Igloo and S2S after those two everyone else is basically the same. TB, Warriors, Rebels, Turtles they can play each other 10 times and split 5 each.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say Igloo next in order if they kept all the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Igloo get all their starters back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Igloo get all their starters back?

Igloo lost a few starters and gained a few, but upgraded the Coaches ranks in a BIG way. Out with the daddy coaches and in with Steve Fannell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cant speak for the Express Team, but at least the bandits are all on age for the World Series cutoff. Basically the same team that smoked everyone...

With you obvious lack of common knowledge of the Bandits roster, I would suggest you don’t try and speak for them as well. #holdbackcity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say Igloo next in order if they kept all the kids.[/quote]

Did Igloo get all their starters back?[/quote]

Igloo lost a few starters and gained a few, but upgraded the Coaches ranks in a BIG way. Out with the daddy coaches and in with Steve Fannell[/quote]

They needed to get rid of those that left and bring in the big dog to clean up that sh*% show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo lost a few starters and gained a few, but upgraded the Coaches ranks in a BIG way. Out with the daddy coaches and in with Steve Fannell[/quote]

They needed to get rid of those that left and bring in the big dog to clean up that sh*% show.[/quote]

You're lucky your current coach took your sh@t show back...PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They needed to get rid of those that left and bring in the big dog to clean up that sh*% show.[/quote] Been saying the same thing for 2 years, and the team still has not improved. You may want to look at yourself in the mirror.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age it has nothing to do with being on the best team and everything to do with being on the right team. Playing time is the goal. Can get recruited at a role player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age it has nothing to do with being on the best team and everything to do with being on the right team. Playing time is the goal. Can get recruited at a role player.

Kids are leaving because of playing time at the "A" clubs, it has nothing to do with getting recruited to any top 10 D1 school. The owners of these clubs are a bunch of blow holes and will NOT get your kid recruited. My son is on a high level college team and the grades as well as showcases got him in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU CAN HAVE BOTH. ITS NOT AND EITHER OR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recommendations please for any 2023 clubs that still have open spots?
My son is relatively new lacrosse player but a good athlete (football/basketball). He played middle school lacrosse as a midfielder and had some success and really enjoyed it. He would like to play travel for the first time this year. I understand I’m late to the game but are any clubs considering supplemental tryouts?
Thanks for any leads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What area? How far are you willing to commute for practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids are leaving because of playing time at the "A" clubs, it has nothing to do with getting recruited to any top 10 D1 school. The owners of these clubs are a bunch of blow holes and will NOT get your kid recruited. My son is on a high level college team and the grades as well as showcases got him in.

Don't you need the owners/coaches recommendation to get invited to most of the good showcases? For instance, Maverick isn't a tryout, that's an invite you get off the rec of club owners. Also, the Under Armour showcase, the coaches making the selections are also coaching 2023 teams so clearly there will be a bias towards that club. The club landscape is a total racquet but part of the reason they wield so much power and drive all of us crazy is because they are the gatekeepers for recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are more individual and prospect showcase/camps than an "invite only" showcase. You don't have to hang your son's college playing experience on a club coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you need the owners/coaches recommendation to get invited to most of the good showcases? For instance, Maverick isn't a tryout, that's an invite you get off the rec of club owners. Also, the Under Armour showcase, the coaches making the selections are also coaching 2023 teams so clearly there will be a bias towards that club. The club landscape is a total racquet but part of the reason they wield so much power and drive all of us crazy is because they are the gatekeepers for recruiting.

save your money. showcases are complete money grabs. pick 4-5 schools that interest your child and attend there prospect days. if they reach out to your high school coach then you know there is interest. if head coach grabs your Childs ear after prospect day then you know there really interested in your child. best of luck and enjoy the ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the B teams of clubs have open spaces.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard