BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 09:04 PM
Boys 2027-5th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 08:46 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 08:33 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 08:30 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:59 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,806
Posts256,674
Members2,138
Most Online6,595
8 minutes ago
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region #290454
08/05/19 09:01 PM
08/05/19 09:01 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 844
Bethpage, NY
T
TheBackOfTheCage Online content OP
Chief Admin
TheBackOfTheCage  Online Content OP
Chief Admin
T

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 844
Bethpage, NY
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Girls from the class of 2025 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291016
08/12/19 11:16 AM
08/12/19 11:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Nothing? After all the A and B team hubbub?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291020
08/12/19 11:53 AM
08/12/19 11:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Hubbub about what? Hoco got fleeced, Skywalkers got better, Hero’s got worse, Coppermine and Nems didn’t change, and M&D got better

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291024
08/12/19 12:07 PM
08/12/19 12:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Nothing? After all the A and B team hubbub?

Don't start. It's a new season.... don't stir the pot already

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291585
08/19/19 07:47 PM
08/19/19 07:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Will be interesting! Heros will be going for the 3peat in NGLL. How did Heros get worse. They picked up a great goalie, and a draw specialist.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291595
08/20/19 07:39 AM
08/20/19 07:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will be interesting! Heros will be going for the 3peat in NGLL. How did Heros get worse. They picked up a great goalie, and a draw specialist.

Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291617
08/20/19 03:14 PM
08/20/19 03:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will be interesting! Heros will be going for the 3peat in NGLL. How did Heros get worse. They picked up a great goalie, and a draw specialist.

Great for Heros, very exciting for a 7th grade team to have a specialist at such a young age.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291635
08/21/19 10:34 AM
08/21/19 10:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will be interesting! Heros will be going for the 3peat in NGLL. How did Heros get worse. They picked up a great goalie, and a draw specialist.

Great for Heros, very exciting for a 7th grade team to have a specialist at such a young age.

It is sad when teams only have one girl take the draw. It is all about the tee shirts LOL

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291709
08/22/19 01:34 PM
08/22/19 01:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The new Hero’s goalie, takes minutes away from the best league goalie, and she wasn’t the best on her d team

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291711
08/22/19 01:41 PM
08/22/19 01:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291717
08/22/19 02:51 PM
08/22/19 02:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291721
08/22/19 04:11 PM
08/22/19 04:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
The new Hero’s goalie, takes minutes away from the best league goalie, and she wasn’t the best on her d team

I dont know if she is the best. She takes up space and makes more body saves because of that. As shooters develop (like they are at this age) she is going to have to make stick saves. MnD lost a good goalie to Hero's but to your point that could be more of an issue depending on how playtime shared. Always stinks to take out a hot goalie for one that has been sitting a half.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291741
08/23/19 09:49 AM
08/23/19 09:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Of course all these games are for development and eventually being seen by college coaches not so much winning the games anyway. I do enjoy the koolaid bantar of who is the best and who lost the best player. A few years from now you will get it.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291744
08/23/19 11:26 AM
08/23/19 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



How did tryouts go for Coppermine and NEMS? I'm curious if they had a good turnout since so many of the other teams had early tryouts. Sounds like Coppermine lost quite a few of their top players.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291745
08/23/19 11:28 AM
08/23/19 11:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



How did tryouts go for Coppermine and NEMS? I'm curious if they had a good turnout since so many of the other teams had early tryouts. Sounds like Coppermine lost quite a few of their top players.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291751
08/23/19 02:26 PM
08/23/19 02:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
The new Hero’s goalie, takes minutes away from the best league goalie, and she wasn’t the best on her d team

Best in the league? I don't know about that, but the team is only stronger with both of those goalies. The new one is a strong player with a different style than their current. I will be interested to see how the team chooses to play them.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291755
08/23/19 03:17 PM
08/23/19 03:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Since Hero's didn't finish #1 in the Club Lax rankings (for whatever they're worth), they clearly had room to improve (as Ricky Bobby says, "if you aren't first, you're last"), so swiping a strong goalie from one of the teams above them clearly tells me that they aren't standing pat being 2nd lost (3rd place), so kudos to them. We will see how it plays out.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291838
08/26/19 10:48 AM
08/26/19 10:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact


I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291850
08/26/19 01:55 PM
08/26/19 01:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Amen

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291852
08/26/19 02:25 PM
08/26/19 02:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact


I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest

Finally the truth-nicely done. I do feel bad for the midlevel coaches busting butt to develop these kids who later bolt.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291854
08/26/19 03:00 PM
08/26/19 03:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact


I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest


Very true. Though it takes the "right" coach to manage that talent and put them in position to win. Girls have come on board to teams like MnD and Hero's and can't buy in. Those players often find themselves looking for new teams where they can freelance and be "the girl".

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291872
08/27/19 07:49 AM
08/27/19 07:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact


I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest


Very true. Though it takes the "right" coach to manage that talent and put them in position to win. Girls have come on board to teams like MnD and Hero's and can't buy in. Those players often find themselves looking for new teams where they can freelance and be "the girl".

True but I bet you could take most coaches and give then that talent and wins would be plentiful. Lacrosse is a game of who has the most talented players-college included. Presbyterian will not beat Maryland ever (not because of coaching)

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291896
08/27/19 03:24 PM
08/27/19 03:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact


I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest


Very true. Though it takes the "right" coach to manage that talent and put them in position to win. Girls have come on board to teams like MnD and Hero's and can't buy in. Those players often find themselves looking for new teams where they can freelance and be "the girl".

True but I bet you could take most coaches and give then that talent and wins would be plentiful. Lacrosse is a game of who has the most talented players-college included. Presbyterian will not beat Maryland ever (not because of coaching)

Probably against the mid-level and weaker teams. When you play teams of equal talent coaching makes a difference. Players win games, coaches lose them.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291907
08/27/19 10:21 PM
08/27/19 10:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enjoy it now, because as with most of the heros teams by the time they get to high school age most of the Skywalkers and M&D girls have past them by and are much better because of the quality of coaching they receive at those 2 clubs.

This statement is a joke correct ??

Not a joke, just a fact


I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest


Very true. Though it takes the "right" coach to manage that talent and put them in position to win. Girls have come on board to teams like MnD and Hero's and can't buy in. Those players often find themselves looking for new teams where they can freelance and be "the girl".

True but I bet you could take most coaches and give then that talent and wins would be plentiful. Lacrosse is a game of who has the most talented players-college included. Presbyterian will not beat Maryland ever (not because of coaching)

Probably against the mid-level and weaker teams. When you play teams of equal talent coaching makes a difference. Players win games, coaches lose them.


Coaches lose them? Bet your a fun parent to have on a team, and I bet you have the coach on speedial.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #291914
08/28/19 07:23 AM
08/28/19 07:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




I have news for you. M&D is a collector of very talented lacrosse players - it has nothing to do with the coaching. Almost every team there now is being coach by some girl's parent who has lacrosse experience. Some have lots of coaching experience (although I'm not sure the experience translates) other have rec-ball coaching experience. M&D is not some club where magic coaches make the teams good. The players come to that club already good. Anyone who says other wise is not being honest [/quote]

Very true. Though it takes the "right" coach to manage that talent and put them in position to win. Girls have come on board to teams like MnD and Hero's and can't buy in. Those players often find themselves looking for new teams where they can freelance and be "the girl".[/quote]
True but I bet you could take most coaches and give then that talent and wins would be plentiful. Lacrosse is a game of who has the most talented players-college included. Presbyterian will not beat Maryland ever (not because of coaching)[/quote]
Probably against the mid-level and weaker teams. When you play teams of equal talent coaching makes a difference. Players win games, coaches lose them.[/quote]

Coaches lose them? Bet your a fun parent to have on a team, and I bet you have the coach on speedial.
[/quote]
Good question is if that coach was put on weaker team maybe midlevel -would they become a dominant team due to that superior coaching.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291915
08/28/19 08:28 AM
08/28/19 08:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




Coaches lose them? Bet your a fun parent to have on a team, and I bet you have the coach on speedial.
[/quote]

You are joking right? You must be one of those parents that never played a sport if you do not understand this concept. The best coaches regardless of talent take the blame for a loss and give the players all the credit for wins. So yes players win game and coaches lose them.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #291931
08/28/19 01:34 PM
08/28/19 01:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



ya'll on crack?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292637
09/18/19 12:23 PM
09/18/19 12:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Just for fun/debate, fall rankings:


1. Hero's- Cannot argue their record in championship games last year. Can they duplicate this fall?
2. M&D- On paper one of the most talented teams in the country. Can they win the big games?
3. NEMS- Good core group of talent. Gave some teams some trouble. Can the get over the hump?
4. Skywalkers- A decent team with some athletes. Did they players they added fill in the holes?
5. LBC- Always a tough team. Can they replace key players lost?
6. Pride- Narrowly missed the playoffs last year. Did they add depth to get them in the final 4.
7. Stars- Like Pride missed the playoffs by 2 games. Did they recruit will in the off season?
8. MD United- Did they lock down the talent in AA Co? will the added players get them out of the cellar?
9. Red Shirts- Moving back to B is not a bad option.
10. FCA- Too bad Calvert Hall is a boys school but luckily they will get to play TLC or MC Midnight
11. TLC/MC Midnight- Hopefully they added some talent to put some points on the board. Last year their combined goals between the 2 teams was less than 11 of the 14 teams in the league.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292650
09/18/19 02:15 PM
09/18/19 02:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



You need to change the positions of NEMS and Pride. Should be M&D, Hero's, Sky Walkers, Pride, and then all the others.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292654
09/18/19 02:18 PM
09/18/19 02:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Are you for real? Only "those" parents are worried about which team will win the NGLL. 7th grade

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292672
09/18/19 06:29 PM
09/18/19 06:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



What about Coppermine and Hoco?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292680
09/18/19 09:33 PM
09/18/19 09:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about Coppermine and Hoco?

Good catch. Based on the players both teams lost I would have to lump them in there between MD United and Redshirts. If they picked a up a few they may be a tad above those 2. But based on water cooler roomers they both lost a lot of players.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292922
09/24/19 11:13 AM
09/24/19 11:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Sky Walkers had a joke NGLL schedule. They played two 0-8 teams and one 1-7 team. They only had 1 win against a team with a winning record. And get blown out by M&D 19-1, which is M&D's biggest goal differential for the season. There is probably 6 other teams in the pool that would have made the playoffs if they had Sky Walkers schedule.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292929
09/24/19 11:58 AM
09/24/19 11:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sky Walkers had a joke NGLL schedule. They played two 0-8 teams and one 1-7 team. They only had 1 win against a team with a winning record. And get blown out by M&D 19-1, which is M&D's biggest goal differential for the season. There is probably 6 other teams in the pool that would have made the playoffs if they had Sky Walkers schedule.

wow..this 7th grade girls lacrosse must be some serious LaxinItUp.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292931
09/24/19 12:11 PM
09/24/19 12:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292934
09/24/19 12:20 PM
09/24/19 12:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sky Walkers had a joke NGLL schedule. They played two 0-8 teams and one 1-7 team. They only had 1 win against a team with a winning record. And get blown out by M&D 19-1, which is M&D's biggest goal differential for the season. There is probably 6 other teams in the pool that would have made the playoffs if they had Sky Walkers schedule.



Could you please explain why you posted this? What team does your daughter play for? Who are the other 6 teams that could have made it? Pride definitely is very talented. HOCO might have had a shot. Not sure who else you are considering.

You could have mentioned that:
1. Sky Walkers played Hero's tough in the NGLL semifinal. Sky Walkers was beating them at the half but Hero's was able to control the draws and played extremely well in the second half. Hero's is very talented and ended up winning NGLL for the 2nd year in a row.
2. Sky Walkers tied M&D in the Capital City Lax Festival Tournament. That was exciting considering the high level of respect Sky Walkers has for M&D.
3. Sky Walkers held the Yellow Jackets to 5 points at the MidAtlantic Summer Club Championships.
4. Sky Walkers had nothing to do with the NGLL schedule. There were many weak teams that had to play someone.

Sky Walkers consistently enters the toughest tournaments and plays the hardest teams--look it up for yourself. Their record at tournaments may not always be the best, but they are always looking to play the best--M&D, Hero's, Yellow Jackets, Pride, etc.

Best of luck to your team and your daughter.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292943
09/24/19 01:35 PM
09/24/19 01:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Sky Walkers had a joke NGLL schedule. They played two 0-8 teams and one 1-7 team. They only had 1 win against a team with a winning record. And get blown out by M&D 19-1, which is M&D's biggest goal differential for the season. There is probably 6 other teams in the pool that would have made the playoffs if they had Sky Walkers schedule.



"Could you please explain why you posted this? What team does your daughter play for? Who are the other 6 teams that could have made it? Pride definitely is very talented. HOCO might have had a shot. Not sure who else you are considering."


He posted that because he wants to stir the pot. Why not just give props to all these girls - who cares that the Skywalkers 11 & 12 yr olds had an easier schedule ( that they had no control over) than other teams?. All the top teams had blow out games / all had some close games. Skywalkers improved by the end of the season and that's what matters. M&D will likely always have the strongest team - but Skywalkers is always right there too. Their teams just take a little longer to gel. Trust me I've been around long enough to see it.

These parents are wayyyy tooo serious for 12 year old lacrosse.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292962
09/24/19 04:24 PM
09/24/19 04:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293029
09/25/19 02:26 PM
09/25/19 02:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just for fun/debate, fall rankings:


1. Hero's- Cannot argue their record in championship games last year. Can they duplicate this fall?
2. M&D- On paper one of the most talented teams in the country. Can they win the big games?
3. NEMS- Good core group of talent. Gave some teams some trouble. Can the get over the hump?
4. Skywalkers- A decent team with some athletes. Did they players they added fill in the holes?
5. LBC- Always a tough team. Can they replace key players lost?
6. Pride- Narrowly missed the playoffs last year. Did they add depth to get them in the final 4.
7. Stars- Like Pride missed the playoffs by 2 games. Did they recruit will in the off season?
8. MD United- Did they lock down the talent in AA Co? will the added players get them out of the cellar?
9. Red Shirts- Moving back to B is not a bad option.
10. FCA- Too bad Calvert Hall is a boys school but luckily they will get to play TLC or MC Midnight
11. TLC/MC Midnight- Hopefully they added some talent to put some points on the board. Last year their combined goals between the 2 teams was less than 11 of the 14 teams in the league.


Top 6 only should be in one bracket-I like the 3 brackets suggested

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293055
09/26/19 10:06 AM
09/26/19 10:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets


3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293089
09/26/19 09:33 PM
09/26/19 09:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets


3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

CC Lax and M&D Red yes Inetgrity and hero white will get pasted in A

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293114
09/27/19 11:58 AM
09/27/19 11:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets


3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

CC Lax and M&D Red yes Inetgrity and hero white will get pasted in A


All 4 would be better than FCA, TLC and MC Elite

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293161
09/28/19 04:04 PM
09/28/19 04:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets


3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

CC Lax and M&D Red yes Inetgrity and hero white will get pasted in A


All 4 would be better than FCA, TLC and MC Elite

I agree with the 3 brackets

Teams like MDU and Integrity don't belong in A

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293234
09/30/19 01:41 PM
09/30/19 01:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets


3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

CC Lax and M&D Red yes Inetgrity and hero white will get pasted in A


All 4 would be better than FCA, TLC and MC Elite

I agree with the 3 brackets

Teams like MDU and Integrity don't belong in A


I like 3 brackets of 6 or 8 teams with each team playing each other 1x. That way there are no teams that have an "easier" schedule. Top 4 teams make it if its a 6 team league and top 6 make in an 8 team league (with 1 and 2 getting bi's).

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293255
09/30/19 05:28 PM
09/30/19 05:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous

I like 3 brackets of 6 or 8 teams with each team playing each other 1x. That way there are no teams that have an "easier" schedule. Top 4 teams make it if its a 6 team league and top 6 make in an 8 team league (with 1 and 2 getting bi's).


Yes

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293327
10/01/19 05:20 PM
10/01/19 05:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.

Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293330
10/01/19 06:47 PM
10/01/19 06:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.


Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.


Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293340
10/02/19 08:10 AM
10/02/19 08:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.


Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.


Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.

Just a little heads up-Coaches recruit players not teams. They don't give a hoot about wins and losses and tee shirts won.
Make sure your daughter is one of the top players on her team or she will be sorry. Find a well coached team that also develops girls instead of just collecting talent (as someone previously stated). NGLL is fun and a great money maker for CR but no one is watching during college lax season.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293345
10/02/19 09:14 AM
10/02/19 09:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.


Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.


Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.



My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293359
10/02/19 11:06 AM
10/02/19 11:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.


Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.


Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.



My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.


The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293387
10/02/19 03:49 PM
10/02/19 03:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.


Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.


Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.



My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.


The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.


That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293397
10/02/19 06:16 PM
10/02/19 06:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.


Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.


Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.



My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.


The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.


That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride.


It's this undeveloped and defensive mind set that causes many of the issues today. Your post is argumentative rather than trying to have a discussion. My daughter plays for multiple competitive teams in 3 sports. My daughter has developed into a strong player on competitive teams by not focusing on the wins.
Here's what parent's and coaches sound like when focusing on the win:
1. "Go to goal!" (i.e. neglect your teammates and learning)
2. "That wasn't a foul!" (let's blame the ref instead of focusing on improving the player)
3. "That girl/team just plays dirty!" (let's blame the other teams for player deficiencies).
4. "What is wrong with you, make the play!" (arguing with daughters after each game. Daughters start to play conservatively rather than feeling free to experiment and learning from mistakes.
5. "We should move to a team that wins more." (blaming the players and coaches rather than trying to improve the player).
6. "I'll give you $5 for each goal you score!"
7. "Why would they put you on defense? Don't they know how good you are?"

Shortsighted people who don't have their daughter's best interest really like to focus on the win. The key here isn't that we don't enjoy winning--we just don't focus on winning at the expense of developing the team. I know you won't be able to comprehend this, because you are too interested in being right rather than considering what may be best for your daughter. Why not focus on being constructive and work on building your daughter into a strong and confident woman?

Trust me, by concentrating on the fundamentals and making sure the focus is on execution you will find that the wins just keep on coming. Just stop making this about you and let your daughter enjoy the ride. My wife and I have coached at many levels and we have found that you are they type of parent that everyone dreads. Good luck.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293408
10/02/19 10:14 PM
10/02/19 10:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A





[/quote]
Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule. [/quote]

Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.[/quote]

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride. [/quote]

It's this undeveloped and defensive mind set that causes many of the issues today. Your post is argumentative rather than trying to have a discussion. My daughter plays for multiple competitive teams in 3 sports. My daughter has developed into a strong player on competitive teams by not focusing on the wins.
Here's what parent's and coaches sound like when focusing on the win:
1. "Go to goal!" (i.e. neglect your teammates and learning)
2. "That wasn't a foul!" (let's blame the ref instead of focusing on improving the player)
3. "That girl/team just plays dirty!" (let's blame the other teams for player deficiencies).
4. "What is wrong with you, make the play!" (arguing with daughters after each game. Daughters start to play conservatively rather than feeling free to experiment and learning from mistakes.
5. "We should move to a team that wins more." (blaming the players and coaches rather than trying to improve the player).
6. "I'll give you $5 for each goal you score!"
7. "Why would they put you on defense? Don't they know how good you are?"

Shortsighted people who don't have their daughter's best interest really like to focus on the win. The key here isn't that we don't enjoy winning--we just don't focus on winning at the expense of developing the team. I know you won't be able to comprehend this, because you are too interested in being right rather than considering what may be best for your daughter. Why not focus on being constructive and work on building your daughter into a strong and confident woman?

Trust me, by concentrating on the fundamentals and making sure the focus is on execution you will find that the wins just keep on coming. Just stop making this about you and let your daughter enjoy the ride. My wife and I have coached at many levels and we have found that you are they type of parent that everyone dreads. Good luck.

[/quote]
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions and trying to attack me. But I will say this I too have coached at the rec, hs and even collegiate level developed my fair share of players along the way. Each one of those players always put team first and that started from the top. So please stop with “i’m The type of parent coaches dread”. My kids have been playing organized sports for years and I have never approAched a coach other than to thank and complement them. So you have no clue on my team philosophy.

From what I gather (based on your post) is that your daughter plays 3 sports at a competitive level (yay, so do most of these girls at this level) and that she doesn’t mind losing. This is all great but you didn’t answer the question of why? If winning a game or playing io win a game do not matter then why have them play on a competitive team and league? Why not play rec or for a less competitive team? I see plenty of good athletes that want to develop and have “fun” and choose to do just that.

And for the record the original debate was skywalkers having an easier schedule. Which is a fact. They played 4 teams with a losing record and did not have to play heroes or lbc in the regular season. Though I’m sure that the person doing schedules having ties to sw had nothing to do with that...

While we are at it maybe you can explain why sw opted to skip a game at l4tc? Did they care so little about winning that they skipped the game? Screwing the other team that traveled out of a game.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293412
10/02/19 11:44 PM
10/02/19 11:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous



Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule. [/quote]

Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.[/quote]

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride. [/quote]

It's this undeveloped and defensive mind set that causes many of the issues today. Your post is argumentative rather than trying to have a discussion. My daughter plays for multiple competitive teams in 3 sports. My daughter has developed into a strong player on competitive teams by not focusing on the wins.
Here's what parent's and coaches sound like when focusing on the win:
1. "Go to goal!" (i.e. neglect your teammates and learning)
2. "That wasn't a foul!" (let's blame the ref instead of focusing on improving the player)
3. "That girl/team just plays dirty!" (let's blame the other teams for player deficiencies).
4. "What is wrong with you, make the play!" (arguing with daughters after each game. Daughters start to play conservatively rather than feeling free to experiment and learning from mistakes.
5. "We should move to a team that wins more." (blaming the players and coaches rather than trying to improve the player).
6. "I'll give you $5 for each goal you score!"
7. "Why would they put you on defense? Don't they know how good you are?"

Shortsighted people who don't have their daughter's best interest really like to focus on the win. The key here isn't that we don't enjoy winning--we just don't focus on winning at the expense of developing the team. I know you won't be able to comprehend this, because you are too interested in being right rather than considering what may be best for your daughter. Why not focus on being constructive and work on building your daughter into a strong and confident woman?

Trust me, by concentrating on the fundamentals and making sure the focus is on execution you will find that the wins just keep on coming. Just stop making this about you and let your daughter enjoy the ride. My wife and I have coached at many levels and we have found that you are they type of parent that everyone dreads. Good luck.

[/quote]
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions and trying to attack me. But I will say this I too have coached at the rec, hs and even collegiate level developed my fair share of players along the way. Each one of those players always put team first and that started from the top. So please stop with “i’m The type of parent coaches dread”. My kids have been playing organized sports for years and I have never approAched a coach other than to thank and complement them. So you have no clue on my team philosophy.

From what I gather (based on your post) is that your daughter plays 3 sports at a competitive level (yay, so do most of these girls at this level) and that she doesn’t mind losing. This is all great but you didn’t answer the question of why? If winning a game or playing io win a game do not matter then why have them play on a competitive team and league? Why not play rec or for a less competitive team? I see plenty of good athletes that want to develop and have “fun” and choose to do just that.

And for the record the original debate was skywalkers having an easier schedule. Which is a fact. They played 4 teams with a losing record and did not have to play heroes or lbc in the regular season. Though I’m sure that the person doing schedules having ties to sw had nothing to do with that...

While we are at it maybe you can explain why sw opted to skip a game at l4tc? Did they care so little about winning that they skipped the game? Screwing the other team that traveled out of a game.

[/quote]

You have just proven that you cannot be reasoned with. I would have thought your understanding of player development would be higher considering your collegiate level of experience. The focus of high level clubs is to get their girls into college lacrosse programs. High level clubs focus on execution. Call them and ask them. Good coaches focus on mobilizing 12 girls to play as a team. Your daughter wins when the thousands of dollars spent on club lacrosse translates into high school varsity placement and playing in college. I'm not saying it isn't fun to win, but aren't you more excited to see your daughter effectively executing what she has learned during a game? In the end, it doesn't matter if my daughter and I like losing or like winning games, it matters if she was trained to play at a high level. I'm not paying thousands of dollars each year in hopes of winning games. High school and college coaches don't care about club team wins or loses (parents do though). College coaches come to showcases which are meant to display a girls talent and not look at who wins or loses. Focus on developing your daughters talent and celebrate that progress as the real win (and if she also wins the game too, fantastic).

Regarding your Sky Walkers fixation, I would suggest reading through prior posts. Is there some reason you are trying to slander the Sky Walkers program? Why does it matter what schedule Sky Walkers has or who they play? You are losing sight of the big picture which is surprising considering your collegiate level of experience. I hope you win all of your games and everyone is happy.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293545
10/04/19 09:00 PM
10/04/19 09:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Individual player development is important, but also no one wants to be on a 0-8 NGLL team.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293727
10/08/19 07:42 AM
10/08/19 07:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Individual player development is important, but also no one wants to be on a 0-8 NGLL team.

True but if your daughter is standing at the X retrieving missed shots on a 8-0 team -she will not be getting that college offer.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293782
10/08/19 02:33 PM
10/08/19 02:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Individual player development is important, but also no one wants to be on a 0-8 NGLL team.

True but if your daughter is standing at the X retrieving missed shots on a 8-0 team -she will not be getting that college offer.


There needs to be a balance. You don't need to be on a team that 8 & 0 - especially if you're near the bottom of the roster. But being on a team that loses every game stinks too. If girls would stay put at clubs other than the big three - the teams in Balto would be more balanced. Then you would have good girls playing at a bunch of different teams. Not good players sitting the bench and SW and M&D while comparable girls play more for whatever reason.

I have older kids -- trust me you want to stand out on your team

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293795
10/08/19 05:11 PM
10/08/19 05:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Individual player development is important, but also no one wants to be on a 0-8 NGLL team.

True but if your daughter is standing at the X retrieving missed shots on a 8-0 team -she will not be getting that college offer.


There needs to be a balance. You don't need to be on a team that 8 & 0 - especially if you're near the bottom of the roster. But being on a team that loses every game stinks too. If girls would stay put at clubs other than the big three - the teams in Balto would be more balanced. Then you would have good girls playing at a bunch of different teams. Not good players sitting the bench and SW and M&D while comparable girls play more for whatever reason.

I have older kids -- trust me you want to stand out on your team

I totally agree-the movement of girls away from improving midlevel clubs keeps them struggling. It would be a great ride if multiple teams were competitive. It is tough for coaches to gage talent with teams lopsided.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294085
10/12/19 11:57 AM
10/12/19 11:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Wow just saw that MDU has a West (B) team this year-why. The A team is not good.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294109
10/13/19 07:58 AM
10/13/19 07:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow just saw that MDU has a West (B) team this year-why. The A team is not good.


$$$

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294149
10/14/19 11:21 AM
10/14/19 11:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow just saw that MDU has a West (B) team this year-why. The A team is not good.


$$$

@ 2k a kid its hard to turn down another 36-40+k. But yeah this is all about development.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294163
10/14/19 03:11 PM
10/14/19 03:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The numbers really add up. I thought MD united had a lot of new girls come from LBC or CC lax? All of the costs are murky would love to see the books. More teams more discounts for tourneys? Travel points for stay to play tourneys? I wonder what it is after costs? Is it $400 profit per player? Or does that seem to high? I was hoping we could find out something from that lawsuit in Long island.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294186
10/14/19 07:27 PM
10/14/19 07:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
The numbers really add up. I thought MD united had a lot of new girls come from LBC or CC lax? All of the costs are murky would love to see the books. More teams more discounts for tourneys? Travel points for stay to play tourneys? I wonder what it is after costs? Is it $400 profit per player? Or does that seem to high? I was hoping we could find out something from that lawsuit in Long island.

Actually, they lost a lot of quality players and a goalie, but they took a lot of unskilled rec type players to have the B team. Nice moneygrab .

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294280
Yesterday at 11:43 AM
Yesterday at 11:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The numbers really add up. I thought MD united had a lot of new girls come from LBC or CC lax? All of the costs are murky would love to see the books. More teams more discounts for tourneys? Travel points for stay to play tourneys? I wonder what it is after costs? Is it $400 profit per player? Or does that seem to high? I was hoping we could find out something from that lawsuit in Long island.

Actually, they lost a lot of quality players and a goalie, but they took a lot of unskilled rec type players to have the B team. Nice moneygrab .


From what I hear MDU sends out detailed club financials to all the parents detailing where the club fees are spent.

Also they added a few quality players, I think 3 or 4 from M&D and LBC.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294311
Yesterday at 02:12 PM
Yesterday at 02:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The numbers really add up. I thought MD united had a lot of new girls come from LBC or CC lax? All of the costs are murky would love to see the books. More teams more discounts for tourneys? Travel points for stay to play tourneys? I wonder what it is after costs? Is it $400 profit per player? Or does that seem to high? I was hoping we could find out something from that lawsuit in Long island.

Actually, they lost a lot of quality players and a goalie, but they took a lot of unskilled rec type players to have the B team. Nice moneygrab .

I also heard they were calling people at home trying to complete the B team. They lost their better GK as well -she went back to CC Lax-coaching an issue

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294341
Yesterday at 05:50 PM
Yesterday at 05:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Looked at MDU website. That A team has like 4 coaches. Does each parent have a kid on the team?

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1