BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 58 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Clemson offering to land 2 top M&D players for such a young program? Plus they got the student from Long Island to visit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just goes to show how much the game has grown and there are so many great schools to chose from
It makes watching lacrosse on tv a lot more fun. More competitive games, less blowouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Clemson offering to land 2 top M&D players for such a young program? Plus they got the student from Long Island to visit.

Let’s see

Rhymes with ‘honey’ and ‘vocation’
Big team college exoerience.
Md football hurts and I’m sure NIL hurting. Along with the fact the young coaches are more aggressive right. Is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better atmosphere all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opportunity, atmosphere, location, weather, new facilities, etc…
Not really a surprise is it? 3rd year in a row they have gotten at least one if not more of the top midfielder from Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opportunity, atmosphere, location, weather, new facilities, etc…
Not really a surprise is it? 3rd year in a row they have gotten at least one if not more of the top midfielder from Maryland.
And transfers from Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD is not worried about this years recruits…they will have daughter and friends next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD is not worried about this years recruits…they will have daughter and friends next year.
They will have the daughter but who else? As you can see from this year the top girls are all over the country. The 26 green team is good team but like every other graduation year, other teams have caught up. They can't live in the past when they were in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Terp train has passed by. They keep looking for the transfers instead of getting the best local kids who can compete with the best.

Obviously they are taking elite transfers, sadly lots of programs are doing this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They need to nail that 2026 class. There is still a student MD Middie sitting out there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the MD girls expected to go to MD or even want to go to MD? I'm not understanding the surprise in the fact that the local gilrs want to go elsewhere - so many other schools that are just as good/better and have alot to offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Go to Spalding and drop an offer she can’t pass up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe that TC couldn’t get her McD player to go to her own alma mater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the MD girls expected to go to MD or even want to go to MD? I'm not understanding the surprise in the fact that the local gilrs want to go elsewhere - so many other schools that are just as good/better and have alot to offer.

Obviously you can't get them all, but arguably the most decorated women's lax program in history should be able to grab several of the top players in their home state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you can't get them all, but arguably the most decorated women's lax program in history should be able to grab several of the top players in their home state.

In addition, they also have a HUGE advantage financially as they have more money to spread out if they get in state kids as scholarships are based on out of state tuitions /room and board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daughter is good, goalie is good and each could help the terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is overrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland, the University, is not an aspirational school and I say that as a 20+ yr Maryland resident. My observation is that for every young person excited about potentially going to Maryland, there are many, many that have a "meh" attitude or don't want to go at all. Kids want a good school, big social events and good football and basketball. Of late, Maryland has only had a very up and down basketball team to offer. Look at the matriculation lists of the private schools in Baltimore and AA County and you will see that very few kids are going to MD. Of those that are, many are due to financial reasons. Kids just aren't excited about going there and I say that knowing it is a very good academic state school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In addition, they also have a HUGE advantage financially as they have more money to spread out if they get in state kids as scholarships are based on out of state tuitions /room and board

This. Terps football really does not help as the football atmosphere is such a huge recruiting hammerhead for schools. Especially places like a Clemson, etc. Terps aren't the dynasty they used to be so it takes more convincing and kids want to explore more options. I know several 24s and 25s from MD who didn't even put UMD in their list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Maryland alumni. The school is good scholastically but the campus is going through so many renovations and a lot of the campus is under construction. The kids on campus (currently my daughter attends) get tired of the traffic around it and the noise from it. Then you have the crime that occurs on campus and off. Have seen a steady increase in the past few years.

I guess many campuses across the US have this problem but for a school that has an acceptance rate of 52%, one might strive for a better option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe that TC couldn’t get her McD player to go to her own alma mater.
Rumor is that she was MD all the way til she wasn't. Jenny is either a snake charmer, UMD didnt do enough to sell her or she just changed her mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is overrated.

Someone is a hater! Is this you Ann? She’s top 2 on her team and arguably top 2 in her class in Md.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money........

You have no idea what you are talking about. Since this would be clemsons 4th recruiting year for the 25’s, they have the same scholarship money as anyone else roughly 12.6 total scholarships and they probably spent most on previous girls like other programs. Maryland actually should have the most money as ncaa uses highest tuition price even if they are in state. so they could get 2 Maryland girls for free on 1 total scholarship where private or out of state schools like Clemson can only get 1 girl for free for 1 total scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get this is a Mid-Atlantic forum, but, other than that it’s in your backyard, why does everyone on here expect Maryland to do well with recruiting? It doesn’t have most of the things kids are looking for (i) academic reputation, (ii) great college town, (iii) other powerhouse sports, (iv), strong post network for jobs post-college, (v) weather, and (vi) fun.

While it doesn’t read that way, I’m not trying to be anti-Maryland. Just trying to wonder what people see in that school. Same could be said for Syracuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s an interesting discussion. BC, Northwestern, UNC all have a good portion of those. But then why aren’t Virginia and Duke better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or any other traditional mid-Atlantic or east coast powerhouse for that matter. The kids want to go south these days. You can’t fight that without a big academic draw. BC and Virginia are the only ones that have that in the traditional lax region. And don’t get me started with Stoneybrook. why would anyone ever go there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money........

You have no idea what you are talking about. Since this would be clemsons 4th recruiting year for the 25’s, they have the same scholarship money as anyone else roughly 12.6 total scholarships and they probably spent most on previous girls like other programs. Maryland actually should have the most money as ncaa uses highest tuition price even if they are in state. so they could get 2 Maryland girls for free on 1 total scholarship where private or out of state schools like Clemson can only get 1 girl for free for 1 total scholarship.

Actually I do know. But I’ll let you think I don’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is that she was MD all the way til she wasn't. Jenny is either a snake charmer, UMD didnt do enough to sell her or she just changed her mind.

This is almost identical to another rumor i heard regarding another McD player from the 2022 class who was all MD until she wasn't and opted to go south to chapel hill. very troubling if i'm a MD fan, alumn or booster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money........

Maybe you should learn of what you speak. This little thing called NIL is changing the game. Big football schools with lots of NIL money can give more to entice girls. Maryland isn’t a big NIL school except for basketball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money........

You missed the point. As someone who has family, friends and offspring of both who did or still do go to Clemson, I'll spell it out for you... Clemson has D.O.N.O.R.S. with deep pockets who don't like to lose. And those donors will find ways to make use of NIL rules to see that they don't, no matter what program it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From an outsider looking in from LI.. ya'll talking so ill of Maryland.. finished #9 last season... Ohhh, the Horror.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or any other traditional mid-Atlantic or east coast powerhouse for that matter. The kids want to go south these days. You can’t fight that without a big academic draw. BC and Virginia are the only ones that have that in the traditional lax region. And don’t get me started with Stoneybrook. why would anyone ever go there?
It's got an amazing physics program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is almost identical to another rumor i heard regarding another McD player from the 2022 class who was all MD until she wasn't and opted to go south to chapel hill. very troubling if i'm a MD fan, alumn or booster

That was never true. UMD wasn’t in the final running due to academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in SC, not far from Clemson. I’m sure they give a great pitch and tour with new facilities. And the weather is fabulous! But keep in mind this is the Deep South where the state legislators have basically outlawed abortion (6 week ban), antisemitism is rampant and far right Christians rule the roost. If this is your thing, Clemson’s for you. I have no affiliation with U Md, just perusing this site and struck by the glorifying of Clemson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money........

You missed the point. As someone who has family, friends and offspring of both who did or still do go to Clemson, I'll spell it out for you... Clemson has D.O.N.O.R.S. with deep pockets who don't like to lose. And those donors will find ways to make use of NIL rules to see that they don't, no matter what program it is.

Nailed it. The programs that have big football programs will continue to rise and get better every year. The money, resources, facilities, donors, all of that plays into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The #2 recruit picked Clemson over MD, UNC & Cuse....recruiting is defiantly heading into different directions and it's awesome to see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This #2 pickup by Clemson has certainly seemed to have turned girls' lacrosse upside down. It will be interesting to see if Clemson can hit the trifecta by landing the other two top recruits that were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
big schools are using NIL money, how do you think Clemson and Syracuse are getting all this talent? NIL money from the big schools is how they are doing it. Used to be MD was top 5 in the country every year and with in state tuition, could make it the best bargain around. Now NIL money takes that advantage off the table. Who wouldnt want to go out of state to a good school? Clemson has nice westher, big time football and a program on the come. Syracuse program is strong. Lots of really good schools out there now that umd has to compete with, if you take tuition disparity off the table they come up a bit short!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From an outsider looking in from LI.. ya'll talking so ill of Maryland.. finished #9 last season... Ohhh, the Horror.....
Go back to your island.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 58 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard