BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 58 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Personally if I was a coach and asked one of those girls for a visit and turned me down and then I see them on that list of Clemson visitors they are done have fun when the oil your scholarship from under you in a year when the next best thing comes saw it happen first hand to a girl.

Personally if you were a coach, I'd avoid your program based on the inability to write a coherent sentence. The game is changing and Clemson is leading the way. Too many shady coaches out there who can't communicate and ghost kids. Time to turn the tables on the nonsense.

It’s been said three thousand times on this and all other sites. Two sets of rules regarding respect. One for he coaches and one for the kids. I agree. Would love to see the whole recruiting process get turned upside down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time attacker to UNC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D middie to UNC right from under Maryland's nose. That's Levy's third commitment, all of them star players for their clubs. detest to say it but Levy is an ACE recruiter. Hearing she's gonna lend a few more big fish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great UNC needed another attacker they'll have 10 when she gets there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D Black midfielder to UNC

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These "lists" don't matter at the end of the day. Your daughter will be recruited whether they are on the list or not - relax. Girls never on any list, still go on to play D1. Girls on the list go on the "play" D1 and don't see the field. Lists do not matter.

these lists only matter for girls who don't play on top 30 club teams. Those girls will be seen a ton no matter what. However, the lists can help get exposure for under the radar girls, especially from outside the east coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why isn’t Md getting the top Md kids anymore. There has been a decline in recent years and coincidentally they haven’t won much in post season since 2019. Time for a new plan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why isn’t Md getting the top Md kids anymore. There has been a decline in recent years and coincidentally they haven’t won much in post season since 2019. Time for a new plan?

I think part of it is they are realizing that MD plays about 1/3 of the roster and the others rarely see the field.
Also, UNC coach having a kid at MD club at MD HS prob helps her identify talent more so than previous.

I'll add more options now too, Clemson coming aboard as example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD did just get a top talent kid from Hero’s….just because she is not on a list means nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought for sure she was UM all the way. Curious what happened there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD did just get a top talent kid from Hero’s….just because she is not on a list means nothing

Good player. Not elite like those being mentioned. Levy’s kid was a 24. Helped a little last year maybe. The 25s she’s getting is because UNC works and knows how to recruit. CR has a 26 so she will kill it next year ?

Clemson and Cuse are trying new methods. Md has to adapt or lose!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If i'm choosing between UNC and UMD, UNC all day every day. Better academics, better location/campus and better program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If i'm choosing between UNC and UMD, UNC all day every day. Better academics, better location/campus and better program.

If you spoke to former UNC players you would think definitley

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you are from MD does not necessarily mean you are a Terps fan and even want to play there. If I got to chose between UNC and MD, I'd pick UNC.. Never been a MD fan at all.
And whoever felt the need to say the MD commit is a "good player, just not elite"...get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter didn’t get into UNC huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a heck of a ball player!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good player. Not elite like those being mentioned. Levy’s kid was a 24. Helped a little last year maybe. The 25s she’s getting is because UNC works and knows how to recruit. CR has a 26 so she will kill it next year ?

There's obviously a real pipeline for Hero's to UMD, this can help and hurt in terms of recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's obviously a real pipeline for Hero's to UMD, this can help and hurt in terms of recruiting.

I am sure class of 26 will be different but i believe there wasn’t any girls from m&d or hero’s that went to Maryland from the 24’s(first time I can remember). Glad they at least have one(maybe more) this year.
My Best guess as to why
- simply more options of top programs(unc, nw, bc,cuse )
So no guarantee of national championship
- some schools don’t rely as heavily on upper class transfer as Md
- NIL money allows less reliance on scholarships as Md had a huge advantage in past to get local talent as they could spread scholarships to more girls
- minimal number of girls actually reach the field vs other programs
- newer schools like Florida, Clemson, etc… have much better weather/environment for these girls and they are throwing huge resources at lacrosse and treating girls like any football player at these huge football teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just goes to show you the game has grown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's the last reason - better weather and huge resources make for a great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls are getting smarter and using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's the last reason - better weather and huge resources make for a great experience.

This is something I am hearing more and more from DD teammates. Many want to go somewhere warmer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls have gotten much smarter thanks to former players who talk. Riding pine at MD because you are not a favorite of the coaching staff is a huge factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter didn’t get into UNC huh?

And now the Prime Time top Middie. Safe to say the runout of UNC being done is kaput.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls have gotten much smarter thanks to former players who talk. Riding pine at MD because you are not a favorite of the coaching staff is a huge factor.

It wouldn't have to do with the girls playing are just BETTER would it? Cause it can never be that. It's always the coach doesn't like me, I'm not one of the favorites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wouldn't have to do with the girls playing are just BETTER would it? Cause it can never be that. It's always the coach doesn't like me, I'm not one of the favorites.

I think you are missing the point. Most teams have starters, then rotate a group of subs. MD, least in recent history, has a small group of subs they rotate in. Some other schools have a large group of subs. EVERY school has a sliding scale of talent.

There are girls who would be starters on some ACC schools who don't see the field at MD, that's just the way they run that team, good, bad or indifferent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are missing the point. Most teams have starters, then rotate a group of subs. MD, least in recent history, has a small group of subs they rotate in. Some other schools have a large group of subs. EVERY school has a sliding scale of talent.

There are girls who would be starters on some ACC schools who don't see the field at MD, that's just the way they run that team, good, bad or indifferent.

Point not missed. And some of those girls transferred so time will tell if they start. I bet they don't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You did miss the point, its not about being BETTER its about how a coaching staff uses its bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MD is so good, how come they haven't won the Title and blew a big lead 2 years ago? For those that think the staff doesn't have favorites, then try your hand there and see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MD is so good, how come they haven't won the Title and blew a big lead 2 years ago? For those that think the staff doesn't have favorites, then try your hand there and see what happens.

acutally did and not an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the recruiting lists they seemed to have done just fine…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet they have dropped…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet they have dropped…

2020s are now seniors. Check to see how many are actually left on the roster - 2. Out of 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 of the top middies in md go out of state. Wow…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD just lost another homegrown kid Penczek to..Clemson. Indicative of the state of the program. Huge blow in my opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD just lost another homegrown kid Penczek to..Clemson. Indicative of the state of the program. Huge blow in my opinion

Agree, show's that UMD isn't the place to be any longer, contrary to those arguing in here. Clemson has pulled in some big time players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team culture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team culture.

What about it? Elaborate since you are in the know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just goes to show how much the game has grown and there are so many great schools to chose from

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Terp train has passed by. They keep looking for the transfers instead of getting the best local kids who can compete with the best.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 58 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard