BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 58 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s the only way CS and CR YJ can make the money they want to make. They partner with KP to get the fields in Maryland that they can’t get in NJ/NY and that teams won’t come to. You do realize they run every main tournament in the summer except midatlantic. Makes me wonder what will happen when they want to start charging $4000 a team and cut more corners. Monopolies mean no choices for consumers and that includes in youth sports.

Its supply and demand. Top clubs want smaller tourneys. We will see how this all plays out this year. However, if succesfull, I expect all the top MD teams except M&D to play in it.

Tourney website is up. Without a doubt, a better field than MId-atlantic -- at least at the A+ level. No way a top college recruiter chooses mid-atlantic over MD Cup.

All the top NE teams (YJ, CT Grizzlies, Steps, TG, Monster, HHH) playing with the best west coast (Steps CA), Rocky Mountain (Team 180) and Midwest (Team 1) clubs also attending.

More MD teams that i expected with MD United, TLC, Coppermine and Heros (27s only).

Only real weak programs are Coast and some of the anciliary YJ teams.

Can you hint at what the web site is so that it's not deleted by mods lol? I've googled it but can't seem to find it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the only way CS and CR YJ can make the money they want to make. They partner with KP to get the fields in Maryland that they can’t get in NJ/NY and that teams won’t come to. You do realize they run every main tournament in the summer except midatlantic. Makes me wonder what will happen when they want to start charging $4000 a team and cut more corners. Monopolies mean no choices for consumers and that includes in youth sports.

Its supply and demand. Top clubs want smaller tourneys. We will see how this all plays out this year. However, if succesfull, I expect all the top MD teams except M&D to play in it.

Tourney website is up. Without a doubt, a better field than MId-atlantic -- at least at the A+ level. No way a top college recruiter chooses mid-atlantic over MD Cup.

All the top NE teams (YJ, CT Grizzlies, Steps, TG, Monster, HHH) playing with the best west coast (Steps CA), Rocky Mountain (Team 180) and Midwest (Team 1) clubs also attending.

More MD teams that i expected with MD United, TLC, Coppermine and Heros (27s only).

Can you hint at what the web site is so that it's not deleted by mods lol? I've googled it but can't seem to find it.

Search google for : "maryland cup lacrosse calvert regional 2022". should be 4th or 5th entry down with a link through Top of the bay website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Search google for : "maryland cup lacrosse calvert regional 2022". should be 4th or 5th entry down with a link through Top of the bay website

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just looked at the Summer Club Championship website. I don't know all of the clubs and how good they are, but 3 of the top 4, and 5 of the top 8 ranked clubs in the country will be at the Summer Club Championships. M&D ranked first , Heros ranked second, Florida Select ranked 4th , Skywalkers ranked 7th and Eagle Stix ranked 8th are all participating in the Summer Club Championships. Below you will see the club rankings.

https://twitter.com/USCL/status/1443971581416513537/photo/1
https://twitter.com/USCL/status/1443202430636892167

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just looked at the Summer Club Championship website. I don't know all of the clubs and how good they are, but 3 of the top 4, and 5 of the top 8 ranked clubs in the country will be at the Summer Club Championships. M&D ranked first , Heros ranked second, Florida Select ranked 4th , Skywalkers ranked 7th and Eagle Stix ranked 8th are all participating in the Summer Club Championships. Below you will see the club rankings.

Looking just at the top 8 teams in 2025 per tourney. Both solid fields but its clear MD Cup has the edge. 8 of the top 12 clubs at MD Cup, vs 4 at Mid Atlantic.

MD Cup

#1 YJ Spallina
#5 Prime Time
#6 CT Grizzlies
#7 YJ B
#8 Salt City
#9 Steps Blue
#10 Top Guns
#12 Monster Purple

Mid atlantic
#2 M&D Black
#3 Heros Green
#4 SW Blue
#11 Mass Elite
#13 Pride Red
#14 Limitless
#16 Eagle Stix
# 20 Florida Select

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm seems to me three of the top four may have the edge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More importantly three of the top four 24's (number 1 M&D, number 3 Skywalkers, and number 4 Nems ), the age group that is being recruited this summer will be at Mid Atlantic Summer Championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking just at the top 8 teams in 2025 per tourney. Both solid fields but its clear MD Cup has the edge. 8 of the top 12 clubs at MD Cup, vs 4 at Mid Atlantic.

MD Cup

#1 YJ Spallina
#5 Prime Time
#6 CT Grizzlies
#7 YJ B
#8 Salt City
#9 Steps Blue
#10 Top Guns
#12 Monster Purple

Mid atlantic
#2 M&D Black
#3 Heros Green
#4 SW Blue
#11 Mass Elite
#13 Pride Red
#14 Limitless
#16 Eagle Stix
# 20 Florida Select

I don't think your post has the effect you hope it does. The sad thing is that this problem even exists. This isn't hurting anyone other than the players and all because the club owners are greedy and can't share the pot of money they all bring in fairly. It makes things more difficult for college coaches and it takes away the great rivalries that have always existed between M&D, SW and Heros against YJ. The rest of the teams listed at MD Cup are up and down depending on grade but the top 3 MD clubs and YJ have always gone at it 4-5 times a summer and that's going away which is a real shame for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More importantly three of the top four 24's (number 1 M&D, number 3 Skywalkers, and number 4 Nems ), the age group that is being recruited this summer will be at Mid Atlantic Summer Championships.

24 is a down year... 25s will be getting more looks... plus this is the 25 thread, so try to stay on topic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 is a down year... 25s will be getting more looks... plus this is the 25 thread, so try to stay on topic

Obnoxious much ???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obnoxious much ???
This whole conversation is obnoxious. You’re not going to have all teams under one roof at every tournament. Competition is still going to be strong & coaches will be at both events. Relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clueless ! 25 will get no looks this summer and watch the talent commit next September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Spallina duck tournaments this year?

Is Hero's White a better squad with the coaching change?

Will M&D Black additions make them unbeatable?

Will Skywalkers Blue be the team everyone thinks they can be this year?

Are there any B teams playing up this year? And can they hang?

Will these 6 v 6 tournaments take over the off season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. no
2. yes
3. no
4. yes
5.yes-yes
6.no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t think the 2025 class is getting looked at this fall, you are kidding yourself. You may not see them on the sidelines, but I can promise you they are being watched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I am confused are these NY teams not allowing MD teams to sign up for a tournament in MD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t think the 2025 class is getting looked at this fall, you are kidding yourself. You may not see them on the sidelines, but I can promise you they are being watched.

Nice try but not a chance !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bahaha !!! To the parent of the 2025 “phenom” ! Your kidding yourself!!! How can you promise that? Daddy watching 25s for “his school!”? Chillax, you still have time. Don’t waste the $1000 on Fall showcases that will be filled with 23 and 24s! We know your 25 is better… but… chill , no one can call you until 9/1 Junior year!!! Chill 25 mom’

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I am confused are these NY teams not allowing MD teams to sign up for a tournament in MD?

No, there are Maryland teams playing in that one as well. It's just a competing tournament against Mid Atlantic. Too early to tell how it affects things, but they do have solid teams signed up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can you see what teams have signed up for either of those tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are MD teams attending -- MD United, Coppermine, TLC and Heros 27s are playing.

Its an invite tourney-- i assume most of the top MD teams were invited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://steps.teamsportsinfo.com/ma...p-2022/Rosters/RostersPublicLookupTourny

But in case that's censored...
Google top of the bay maryland cup calvert regional
Then click waiver info, and then there's a link for the public rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should we do preseason ranking for the DMV area for 2025?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well for MidAtlantic the 2023's and 2024's are at SPSG & the Timonium Fairgrounds which are 5 minutes away from each other. The 25's are at the Gennessee Valley fields. So the 25's won't be watched there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? They're in HS now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.
M - #1
V - #2
D - #3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What squads have teams playing in this weekend's Queen of the Turf tournament? How big is the field in this event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What squads have teams playing in this weekend's Queen of the Turf tournament? How big is the field in this event?
It’s played on a regular lax field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s about 6 games going on at the same time on the lax field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there club teams entering or hs teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Queen of the turf had a lot of great play. Both clubs and HS (Glenelg freshman only one I saw) Sharks won the tourney (who I believe was a hand picked M&D team) against an older skywalkwrs team. Others that rounded out the top 4 fields looked like sky walkers blue 24 and 25, M&D 25 black, Hoco 25 black.
That’s the best of my recollection. Sorry if I missed a club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely fun to watch and surprisingly relaxed atmosphere given that it was a "win and advance" tourney. Clearly some of the squads had played in it before and understood strategy to win given the short clock and small play area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well we finally get what we have been waiting for and that is some high level lacrosse this weekend. Any predictions from the lacrosse savants as the big 3 (M&D, Hero's, SWB) and others duke it out? I am curious to see how the new Capital Blue 25 team fares against the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Eagle Stix will win all of their games? I predict long weekend for 3d Frederick. M&D lots of games this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D Frederick was thrilled to get the Pride slot, but that feeling might change after this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope the 3D parents stayed as classy as they usually do through all those defeats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D lost to Hero’s by 3, and lost to Skywalker by 1. They had a tough day on the draw. Slippery fields did not help but there is always next weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the teams played on the "slippery fields" good teams and good lacrosse in the 2025 age group. No need to make excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D lost to Hero’s by 3, and lost to Skywalker by 1. They had a tough day on the draw. Slippery fields did not help but there is always next weekend

Slippery fields??? Weren't both teams playing on the same field? It was a beautiful fall weekend! Excuses are like armpits...everyone has them and they stink.

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 58 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard