BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Boys from the class of 2025 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seems to be a drop off in the amount of boys in this age bracket. Lots of clubs not fielding teams for 25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a shame when clubs get a bad name because of the parent group and they can not get kids to tryout. the club is tarnished because of the parents and they get to move on and the club loses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There seems to be a drop off in the amount of boys in this age bracket. Lots of clubs not fielding teams for 25

And others fielding two 25 teams. Club reputation is everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams entering the WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers and Zingos announced that they would be fielding WSYL teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Advice please- family moving to Baltimore from top team out West. I know that translates to nothing back East so want to know best team for a 2025, or what any of you would suggest to learn with a good Coach because I hold no delusions about making a top team in MD. Any ideas appreciated thanks all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Baltimore teams play in the Howard County League, from the top level to the lower levels. You will find a home and can contact all the clubs by finding their websites. Teams have largely had tryouts but teams will always find room for a player who improves their team. My son plays for 91MD which is a very good team at that age but Crabs, FCA, Looneys, Breakers etc are all good teams in the area. You can see how they finished up the spring league here (not all are Baltimore teams, includes DC and Annapolis area teams). http://ghclc.teampages.com/ And know that at this age if you get on a team that is below his talent level, you can always move later on...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the previous poster alluded to, there are a number of teams all over MD. Depending on what your looking to get out of the experience, I strongly suggest you understand the mission/objectives of the teams you are looking at. For example, some teams claim they focus on player development, and then the training ends up being some dad who never played but did carry the cones to and from the high school practices whose doing the teaching.

Other clubs are just a money grab (they'll take any player who signs up for a tryout), usually indicated by programs with more than one team at an age group. Be aware of daddy ball (dad coach) which is pretty wide spread in MD. In some cases its not necessarily a bad thing, and in others it is a complete disaster. Some teams will stretch the truth when announcing how one of their teams did on social media (e.g., "Our 2025 team won the AA division championship at "Y" tournament", but there was only one division with teams that played in the "B" division in the GHCLC spring league). Maryland is in the midst of going through some changes in the club scene with national brands coming into the state the past few years (e.g., 91, Express, 3d, True, etc).

If you can get historical data on the GHCLC division standings, it will give you a pretty good idea of year over year changes in competition level (division moves) and records, which could be an indicator of things good or bad.

With all that being said, I have heard positive things about Team 91, FCA, Looney's and Breakers. Good luck in your search!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why I came on here because honestly need to avoid daddy ball, lies, etc. This is my youngest and I've done the club circuit scene for 15 years now so I've seen it all and want a nice team for a solid 2025- not a phenomenal one. Stick skills will be behind an East Coast kid for sure so would prefer for him not to detest lacrosse by eighth grade. I don't think he would make Team 91 from what I have heard so thank you for all the advice and honesty. Really appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first question I would have for you is what area do you live? No need to drive a long way to practices these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard good things about Breakers?? Lol. Like what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard good things about Breakers?? Lol. Like what?

They charge huge sums and play in their own tournaments. Thats good for Director

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, a kid playing on a 2025 team turning 14 in September. Is that a double holdback or is my math incorrect?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, a kid playing on a 2025 team turning 14 in September. Is that a double holdback or is my math incorrect?

in new york where the age cut off is is dec, yes. In md where the cuttoff is sept. no. he would be a single.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are teams that are registered for East Qualifier as of this past weekend:

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B level teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star

Age based so No Holdbacks, which translate into meaning B level teams. WSYL has lost its shine with all the grade based holdback tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the holdback statement. If you take away that noise, your simply have the best teams out there who are on age, which is what you want. It doesn't mean that these teams are bad, they are just on age. My son's team has played Cannon's Gold and they are a pretty good team for their age, no glaring weaknesses. I think we will see a couple of these teams in some tournaments over the next few weeks. I'm pleasantly surprised who I haven't seen on this list, which tells me that they have holdbacks, which honestly puts a more positive perspective on my son's team's performance over the last year, as its' been a tough one from a win/loss perspective but an eye-opener from the need to put more off-season fitness training into place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star

When is this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the holdback statement. If you take away that noise, your simply have the best teams out there who are on age, which is what you want. It doesn't mean that these teams are bad, they are just on age. My son's team has played Cannon's Gold and they are a pretty good team for their age, no glaring weaknesses. I think we will see a couple of these teams in some tournaments over the next few weeks. I'm pleasantly surprised who I haven't seen on this list, which tells me that they have holdbacks, which honestly puts a more positive perspective on my son's team's performance over the last year, as its' been a tough one from a win/loss perspective but an eye-opener from the need to put more off-season fitness training into place.

The more holdbacks you have the more wins you have at 9th grade and below. Frankly even at High School club teams by grade , being a holdback is an advantage, just not as big as before puberty hit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is always rec.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is always rec.

That is where majority of holdbacks would be playing on age !

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

in new york where the age cut off is is dec, yes. In md where the cuttoff is sept. no. he would be a single.

Why doesn't everyone just follow USL Rules? - https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-2019-2020.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by RLangway

Why doesn't everyone just follow USL Rules? - https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-2019-2020.pdf

How would that give a select group of children an advantage that do prefirst or heldback/reclass ??

It just doesnt work for them. Nor does it give clubs that have lots of holdback any advantage.

Youth is about giving select players an advantage. Get with the times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how times have changed. My birthday is October, I went away to college as a 17 year old. Now kids are starting school at 20. Holdback, double holdback, reclassify, repeat 9th grade, repeat 6th grade. It’s insane. At the end of all this nonsense, if your son is the greatest player on the planet, he will work at a lacrosse camp or maybe make 14 grand in the MLL. No thanks. My kid will graduate age appropriate and then go to college, then get a job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how times have changed. My birthday is October, I went away to college as a 17 year old. Now kids are starting school at 20. Holdback, double holdback, reclassify, repeat 9th grade, repeat 6th grade. It’s insane. At the end of all this nonsense, if your son is the greatest player on the planet, he will work at a lacrosse camp or maybe make 14 grand in the MLL. No thanks. My kid will graduate age appropriate and then go to college, then get a job.

Times have changed for sure. Years ago anyone playing down in age like holdbacks/prefirst/reclass would have been embarrassed to show their face on the field. It was either play on age or play up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is always rec.

There is always holding him back another year if the first one doesn't work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney Machine shows that BLC beat the Hawks by 1, and then lost by 6 to the Cannons this weekend. Is that right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney Machine shows that BLC beat the Hawks by 1, and then lost by 6 to the Cannons this weekend. Is that right?

Its Fall..Dont get excited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score was incorrectly posted. Other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score was incorrectly posted. Other way around.

That makes more sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any Northern Virginia kids play in MD teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any Northern Virginia kids play in MD teams?

Yes, there are some that travel to MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard koopers isnt fielding a team at this age group. anyone know why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any changes to the HOCO divisions from last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Divisions wont be out for weeks, but I would think they are the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Crabs moving to Elite since they won AAA last year? If so, who would be bumped down to AAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than likely Crabs will go up, they earned it. Looneys, Cannons or Next Level should go down. Probably Cannons. Should be interesting at the elite level this year. Top 2 are tough and then the middle 2-3 can upset every once in a while. Will be tough for the Crabs, but they can see where they stand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than likely Crabs will go up, they earned it. Looneys, Cannons or Next Level should go down. Probably Cannons. Should be interesting at the elite level this year. Top 2 are tough and then the middle 2-3 can upset every once in a while. Will be tough for the Crabs, but they can see where they stand.

Cannons beat NL and Looneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw NL play in the fall, they are much better than last year, no way they go down, they may actually challenge for #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw NL play in the fall, they are much better than last year, no way they go down, they may actually challenge for #1

Well they went 0-7 last year in Elite with a goal differential of -40. Fall means nothing. They should go down if anyone does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-7 to top of the standings? Sounds a tad ambitious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 will dominate this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA picked up some new players, a much better team than last year. Beat up on Crabs yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering that everyone seems to be beating up on Crabs since the fall that's not really saying much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering that everyone seems to be beating up on Crabs since the fall that's not really saying much.

FCA added kids that look like they could play on some '23 teams. Is that better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA added kids that look like they could play on some '23 teams. Is that better?

FCA didn't add anyone to their roster last year. The exact same team that beat the Crabs last year 19-9. It's called puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"FCA added kids that should be playing on some '23 teams." There I fixed it for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"FCA added kids that should be playing on some '23 teams." There I fixed it for you.

FCA didn't add any players. No hold back on the team. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delirious... my son is friends with 3 boys on the team who are all holdbacks.... so please try again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delirious... my son is friends with 3 boys on the team who are all holdbacks.... so please try again!

My son is friends with everyone on the team and none of them are holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is FCA not in the WSYL regional?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an FCA paren, but they are probably not in it, because it's a joke and a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an FCA paren, but they are probably not in it, because it's a joke and a money grab.

Wow. Spelling and grammar aren't your thing, huh? At any rate, you speak like the dad of a kid who plays on a team who can only be successful with a number of holdbacks. BTW, every tournament is a money grab. WSYL just grabs money from on-age players and families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL qualifier probably going to get cancelled anyway due to coronavirus so likely a moot point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Spelling and grammar aren't your thing, huh? At any rate, you speak like the dad of a kid who plays on a team who can only be successful with a number of holdbacks. BTW, every tournament is a money grab. WSYL just grabs money from on-age players and families.

Except with WSYL you have to travel to Denver. There is plenty of great competition locally.

Oh and FCA was the US Lacrosse U15 National Chamipions 5x and on ESPN long before the WSYL ever existed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL may not even happen this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL may not even happen this year.
it will be cxled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except with WSYL you have to travel to Denver. There is plenty of great competition locally.

Oh and FCA was the US Lacrosse U15 National Chamipions 5x and on ESPN long before the WSYL ever existed.

Was that FCA MD or FCA National? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With three of the regions “suspended” due to coronavirus and, in my opinion, the whole event likely to get cancelled, do you think the WSYL would shift to 8th grade age or simply skip the year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With three of the regions “suspended” due to coronavirus and, in my opinion, the whole event likely to get cancelled, do you think the WSYL would shift to 8th grade age or simply skip the year?

I think there is no way teams would want to go do this the summer prior to 9th grade. They will skip a year if they even continue this event. Based on the teams who already qualified, the event is continuing to decline. Outside the LI area, most clubs do not do this event. Next summer, the 2025 class will be included in showcase style events like Under Armor and the IL showcase events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard today that practices will be held online with Hogan tournaments pushed back to July and August.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard today that practices will be held online with Hogan tournaments pushed back to July and August.

Online Practices, Now that will be interesting. If it works could be the way to go for awhile.

Not sure what is online practice? Coach on Zoom telling players and watching as they shoot? Footwork? take a IQ test for Lacrosse ? New world for hopefully a short while

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is “normal” attrition for a 2025 team. My son’s team had tryouts and half the team was cut and replaced. Is there also that kind of attrition in high school club teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 1/3 or more is normal but these aren't normal times. Without football, hockey or other conflicting sports being up in the air, more kids are coming out for lacrosse. I hope these displaced kids find another team. Attrition in HS teams is less, filling specific, missing roles or kids dropping travel all together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is “normal” attrition for a 2025 team. My son’s team had tryouts and half the team was cut and replaced. Is there also that kind of attrition in high school club teams?

I would bet that there were a bunch of holdbacks in there too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends. Depends on coaches, on what families want out of the program, on the amount of loyalty a program has to its returning players and whether they're vested in really developing the players, and other stuff. One 2025 team completely disintegrated last year, while another changed out less than 5% of its roster. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet that there were a bunch of holdbacks in there too.

Tru dat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can imagine there are a larger than usual number of parents holding their children back to repeat 8th grade this year due to COVID.

Do you think there are enough '25's still looking for a place to play to fill another team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can imagine there are a larger than usual number of parents holding their children back to repeat 8th grade this year due to COVID.

Do you think there are enough '25's still looking for a place to play to fill another team?
Yes, at crabs. Had that team now plays 26

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, at crabs. Half that team now plays 26
How many Crabs 25s are repeating 7th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be a really interesting division to watch. I know of several players from 2024 Elite teams last year that decided to re-class in August due to COVID-19 and school issues. I am well aware of the holdback debates, and not trying to start a new one. The kids I am referring to were already enrolled in 9th grade and made the decision in late August - so hard to pin that on parents trying to get the holdback advantage - those kids were already enrolled in 8th grade by then.

So it will be hard to judge this age group until we see who is actually on the field. i expect a lot more roster changes than we normally get at the 8th/9th grade groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would care to rank the 2025 teams at this point? Haven't seen much action for this graduating class. Cannon's Gold was really good a few years ago, but they seemed to have lost strength, or at least have gone down in the U.S. club rankings. Not sure about the Hawks or Madlax, don't know to what extent they have older players playing at this graduation level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL ranks: Express, 91 MD, BLC, Madlax, HHH, Sweetlax, PT, 3D, 2Way, FCA. Prove this wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL ranks: Express, 91 MD, BLC, Madlax, HHH, Sweetlax, PT, 3D, 2Way, FCA. Prove this wrong.

Don’t have to. This coming weekend will be a better barometer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t have to. This coming weekend will be a better barometer.

Which tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was asking if people would rank just the Maryland 2025 teams at this point, as opposed to whole country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was asking if people would rank just the Maryland 2025 teams at this point, as opposed to whole country.

People are going crazy that Crabs reclassed 9 kids from their 2025 roster and made them repeat 7th grade. Was there 2025 team good enough they did not need them or bad enough they figured they would cut the kids and try to salvage a 2026 squad without always being embarrassed there. I always heard that Crabs stays good at the expense of kids and parents pride and dignity, but I was wondering about this specific example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are going crazy that Crabs reclassed 9 kids from their 2025 roster and made them repeat 7th grade. Was there 2025 team good enough they did not need them or bad enough they figured they would cut the kids and try to salvage a 2026 squad without always being embarrassed there. I always heard that Crabs stays good at the expense of kids and parents pride and dignity, but I was wondering about this specific example.
Their 25 and 26 teams were not good. Now their 26 team is better. Pride and dignity mean noting to Crabs parents. It’s the Crabs way. My question is, were the players part of the conversation with their parents when it was decided to hold them back in 7th grade? Did they get a say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know the number is 9?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re going to post stuff about another team you should know the facts! There are 3 Crabs 25’s who re-classed, not 9.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re going to post stuff about another team you should know the facts! There are 3 Crabs 25’s who re-classed, not 9.

How many were already holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, like I am going to trust math from someone in the Crabs organization. They can't even get their kids through 7th grade in 1 year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What MD 2025 teams are going to the WSYL now that the WSYL is now in Maryland not Denver? Should we assume that if a MD 2025 team is not there it is due to the fact their 2025 is all holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think Next Level should be mentioned in the top 5 for MD. They pretty much dominated Fall Hoco and have added a ton of 2024 players. They are definitely not the same team we saw during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC doesn’t even have a 2025 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think they become DC Express at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

#13, #50, #21, #42 and the 3 defensemen

That's 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

Easy now, don't go get mathematical on them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7
It might help if they had changed their jersey numbers after reclassing. I mean, you are giving them an extra year of fees, you would think they could afford to give you new numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, like I am going to trust math from someone in the Crabs organization. They can't even get their kids through 7th grade in 1 year

Post of the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7
It might help if they had changed their jersey numbers after reclassing. I mean, you are giving them an extra year of fees, you would think they could afford to give you new numbers.

Where do you get your information from? Not that it matters but there are 3 former 2025 players who reclassed to 2026. All were role players on the 25 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

Where do you get your information from? Not that it matters but there are 3 former 2025 players who reclassed to 2026. All were role players on the 25 team.

Its really easy when the 2026 Rosters were posted with numbers up until this summer. We also played Crabs several times this year or seen them play. And even easier is you watch summer tournament games and you see the 2025 kids play at the same tournament as the 2026's. Nope didnt change jersey number and the 2026/2025 rosters are now blank on the website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

And let me guess, they didn’t really reclass either right? They were playing up this whole time and are now where they are supposed to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

And let me guess, they didn’t really reclass either right? They were playing up this whole time and are now where they are supposed to be.

Cool then, making 3 kids repeat a year of school for the sake of lacrosse makes it totally sane and not desperate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of those players is better than average. he should dominate on 26 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of those players is better than average. he should dominate on 26 team.

Havent seen that yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hammers, Team Maryland, and Top Caliber joining forces to make a run at the WSYL for 2025 and 2026... https://www.theclca.com/wsyl?fbclid=IwAR0R7DEnIbk6i4cDwbSZwlVrUG6Luxgg24Z4D880SZ-FMnTVdvBEv89kYGY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning the WSYL is a great accomplishment for a team to do. Combining a few teams to make an all star team, to try and win isn’t the same accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too late, the NY teams started combining teams years ago and have never lost. The MD teams are now following the example. The WSYL needs tighter restrictions if they didn't want this to happen. 100 mile roster address and 1 tournament played as a team doesn't really tighten it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning the WSYL is a great accomplishment for a team to do. Combining a few teams to make an all star team, to try and win isn’t the same accomplishment.

agreed. A bunch of teams are doing that, or having WSYL specific tryouts. Adding a few players is expected but I think it'll be out of hand this year with the WSYL being on the East coast and travel not being a deterrent for most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too late, the NY teams started combining teams years ago and have never lost. The MD teams are now following the example. The WSYL needs tighter restrictions if they didn't want this to happen. 100 mile roster address and 1 tournament played as a team doesn't really tighten it up.

100% incorrect.

Team 91 Wolfpack parent here. No players were added to the 2024 Wolfpack team that went undefeated in Denver in 2019. No holdbacks on that team either, so all players went. And for the record, there are still no holdbacks on the team.

The prior year, the 2023 Team 91 Bandits won it, also no players were added to that team either.

Those are just two teams that I am very familiar with.

Can’t speak for the rest of the NY teams that won it, but I highly doubt that any players were added to the 2020 Team 91 Crush team, when they won it.

So you have no clue what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To actual combine teams to create a super duper team to win, defeats the purpose of the event. Think about it. Well our team couldn’t win, but the 4 teams combined beat the actual legit team. If this happens, this has become a joke. So the WSYL champs are the Maryland All Star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To actual combine teams to create a super duper team to win, defeats the purpose of the event. Think about it. Well our team couldn’t win, but the 4 teams combined beat the actual legit team. If this happens, this has become a joke. So the WSYL champs are the Maryland All Star team.

Little League World Series teams are all/mostly all star teams and that doesn't seem to have defeated the purpose of that event.

I do agree with the prior poster saying that a 100 mile radius is pretty ridiculous. Should be something tighter, maybe like 15 - 25 miles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Draw a 100 mile radius in the MD area and you cover every top program in the state, all of Delaware, South NJ, Philly and Northern VA. Do it in NY and you cover all of LI, NY south of Poughkeepsie, most of connecticut, most of NJ, parts of Mass, parts of Rhode Island and parts of Eastern PA. I am pretty sure an all star team from each of those areas would make for a great game, but that shouldn't be what this is about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% incorrect.

Team 91 Wolfpack parent here. No players were added to the 2024 Wolfpack team that went undefeated in Denver in 2019. No holdbacks on that team either, so all players went. And for the record, there are still no holdbacks on the team.

The prior year, the 2023 Team 91 Bandits won it, also no players were added to that team either.

Can’t speak for the rest of the NY teams that won it, but I highly doubt that any players were added to the 2020 Team 91 Crush team, when they won it.

Absolutely players were added from the year ahead born after 9/1 and before 12/1. And isn't this the same Wolfpup team who up and quit in a tournament because they were losing games on the first day. Sorry, you lost all credibility a long time ago but you keep holding onto those 2019 wins against Breakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Draw a 100 mile radius in the MD area and you cover every top program in the state, all of Delaware, South NJ, Philly and Northern VA. Do it in NY and you cover all of LI, NY south of Poughkeepsie, most of connecticut, most of NJ, parts of Mass, parts of Rhode Island and parts of Eastern PA. I am pretty sure an all star team from each of those areas would make for a great game, but that shouldn't be what this is about.

If WSYL lowered their fees maybe more teams would participate which would limit the number of free agent kids looking for a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% incorrect.

Absolutely players were added from the year ahead born after 9/1 and before 12/1. And isn't this the same Wolfpup team who up and quit in a tournament because they were losing games on the first day. Sorry, you lost all credibility a long time ago but you keep holding onto those 2019 wins against Breakers.

Bingo !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% incorrect.

Bingo !!

Sorry, low class, holdback parent. LI teams don’t need to steal players from other teams or horde holdbacks to win games against lowly cheater teams. I know that sounds hard to believe, for morally challenged individuals such as yourself, but that’s how we do it. No outsiders and no holdbacks that are a year or even two years older. Ever!

But you keep spreading garbage lies on this site. Low self esteem losers in life, routinely attempt to pull down the ultra successful, in order to feel better about their unfulfilled, unsuccessful lives. Yeah, I’ve heard it all before. But you don’t usually see that when the ultra successful are children. Congrats. You are particularly unconscionable individual.

How about we talk real garbage. How many holdbacks does your kids team have? I know the number is north of 80% of the MD HOCO kids that actually step foot on the field are between a year and two years older than the LI kids your trashy team is playing. How’s that feel?? Every LI team your kid is playing against is pre-pubescent while your kid is a man-child. Then why do your kids (men) still lose???? Lmao! LI spots you two years, and you still can’t win! How will you cheat next?? How about you steal kids from other teams?? Wait! You already do that!! Ok. How about you bring in college kids?? Lol. Seriously, the mid Atlantic is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the Lacrosse community, but if you’ve ever been out of MD, you already know that. MD/VA/DC - the bottom dweller cheater trash of all youth sports!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little League World Series teams are all/mostly all star teams and that doesn't seem to have defeated the purpose of that event.

I do agree with the prior poster saying that a 100 mile radius is pretty ridiculous. Should be something tighter, maybe like 15 - 25 miles.

The Little League baseball teams are All star teams, correct, but they are all star teams that pull from local rec teams. Sure there are going to be kids that come from a little distance to play in that rec league that year so they can qualify for that all star team. There is no open tryout though like the post mentioned for baseball.

100 miles is absurd. If you can locate a dominant FO or goalie within that radius and ship them in for the WSYL it is a huge unfair advantage in my eyes. Anyone want to travel from Stanford CT to LI for practice? Uh, no. It would take 3 hours to get there in the afternoon. There's a reason there is Express North, and Express NJ now. it is a totally separate market.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL, past winners were teams. A team that started in September and finished in July. In this Lax world that’s the definition of a TEAM. Do you follow me so far? This isn’t brain surgery. Now if there was a state vs state all star game that would be a different topic. Not a bad idea, but that’s not this topic. Can you imagine the WSYL final being a state all star team vs an actual team. Think about that. Let’s take 4 great kids from 7 different teams to create the ultimate team to compete. We can meet up the night before so all the kids can introduce themselves to each other. If this happens, this event will become a farce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lie WP Parent. You scalped the F/o kid from Express, Grab the Goalie and MId from Taz, and added 2 other kids. So please stop with that. Now your team is losing to all those teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"holdback" is the excuse of choice by low class LI sad dad's whose kids teams can't compete with MD teams. Sorry your kid will not make his high school team. Maybe he'll have a snowball's chance if he HIT'S THE WALL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could also be the excuse of the holdback parent, knowing deep down his kid can’t be a great player playing with kids his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting about as funny as CNN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could also be the excuse of the holdback parent, knowing deep down his kid can’t be a great player playing with kids his own age.

Please stop fellow LI dads. There are holdbacks here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL, past winners were teams. A team that started in September and finished in July. In this Lax world that’s the definition of a TEAM. Do you follow me so far? This isn’t brain surgery. Now if there was a state vs state all star game that would be a different topic. Not a bad idea, but that’s not this topic. Can you imagine the WSYL final being a state all star team vs an actual team. Think about that. Let’s take 4 great kids from 7 different teams to create the ultimate team to compete. We can meet up the night before so all the kids can introduce themselves to each other. If this happens, this event will become a farce.

The WSYL rules contradict themselves.

- All players must compete with their team or program on a REGULAR BASIS.

- Minimum requirements.....2 tournaments. Look at that, two one day tournaments at DE turf on the same weekend in March for the kids to introduce themselves to one another. The weekend before the qualifier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL should change its system, and limit the radius to 15-25 miles. The idea of super teams for youth lacrosse is ridiculous, but the WSYL has turned a blind eye - and I really can't understand why and why limiting the radius would hurt the event. Having said that, I don't know that it would change the greater New York City area's dominance, as the huge population pool to draw from will always work in their favor because there will be more great kids to choose from compared to rural areas. WYSL should create population districts, analogous to Little League, but make them a bit bigger than Little League since lacrosse isn't as popular throughout the country. Rural areas would have a bigger population base to draw from, which would even things out nationwide. The system right now is broken and incentivizes terrible behavior which involves kids. WSYL needs to be a leader and step up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL should change its system, and limit the radius to 15-25 miles. The idea of super teams for youth lacrosse is ridiculous, but the WSYL has turned a blind eye - and I really can't understand why and why limiting the radius would hurt the event. Having said that, I don't know that it would change the greater New York City area's dominance, as the huge population pool to draw from will always work in their favor because there will be more great kids to choose from compared to rural areas. WYSL should create population districts, analogous to Little League, but make them a bit bigger than Little League since lacrosse isn't as popular throughout the country. Rural areas would have a bigger population base to draw from, which would even things out nationwide. The system right now is broken and incentivizes terrible behavior which involves kids. WSYL needs to be a leader and step up.

I agree, but 15-25 is too small for some areas for lacrosse. I dont know what the answer is, but it probably isnt mileage, 50 from the center of LI still covers almost all of LI, and much of Conn, Northern NJ, and Westchester. I grew up on LI, that is a massive population pool to choose 25 players from. I live in the Charlottesville area now, some kids at the higher level need to travel that far to get to a team. There is no way they could compete with the ALL - LI plus team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, but 15-25 is too small for some areas for lacrosse. I dont know what the answer is, but it probably isnt mileage, 50 from the center of LI still covers almost all of LI, and much of Conn, Northern NJ, and Westchester. I grew up on LI, that is a massive population pool to choose 25 players from. I live in the Charlottesville area now, some kids at the higher level need to travel that far to get to a team. There is no way they could compete with the ALL - LI plus team.

They can change the radius for different areas. They allow 200 miles for Canadian teams. That covers Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec. Probably easy to come up with 25 good players from those 10mil + people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerrymandering on BOTC. So typical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me about 2025 VLC? Are they in the same category as some of the elite Maryland teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me about 2025 VLC? Are they in the same category as some of the elite Maryland teams?

Short answer is no. VLC 2025 is not the same category as the better teams in the area. In the Dc area, Madlax, Next Level, and DC Express are all significantly better. And that’s before getting to the MD teams like Hawks, Crabs, Team 91, etc. that are all much better. VLC 2026 is pretty decent and can compete at least, but VLC 2025 will get torched by any team in the HoCo elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole WSYL thing seems like a farce and a money grab to me. All this energy should be put into the regular travel teams.

PS - Thanks for all the "sorry your son didn't make the team better luck next year" encouragement I expect to hear shortly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: WSYL: I don't understand why clubs feel the need to band together. Go with kids who have been with you through thick and thin. I think the WSYL itself is cool, but it is the conniving by the clubs which is a waste of time.
Will be interesting to see from Maryland shows up - with their own clubs (speaks to who has holdbacks), and who forms mega-teams (speaks to who just wants to win as opposed to developing their players). Does anyone know who is actually going to send a team to the WSYL regional?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Short answer is no. VLC 2025 is not the same category as the better teams in the area. In the Dc area, Madlax, Next Level, and DC Express are all significantly better. And that’s before getting to the MD teams like Hawks, Crabs, Team 91, etc. that are all much better. VLC 2026 is pretty decent and can compete at least, but VLC 2025 will get torched by any team in the HoCo elite division.
[quote=Anonymous]Tell me about 2025 VLC? Are they in the same category as some of the elite Maryland teams?

Cavaliers 2025 beat VLC 2025 every time they played them, if that says anything. All the boys from Cavaliers have moved on to stronger clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: WSYL: I don't understand why clubs feel the need to band together. Go with kids who have been with you through thick and thin. I think the WSYL itself is cool, but it is the conniving by the clubs which is a waste of time.
Will be interesting to see from Maryland shows up - with their own clubs (speaks to who has holdbacks), and who forms mega-teams (speaks to who just wants to win as opposed to developing their players). Does anyone know who is actually going to send a team to the WSYL regional?

Why does the conversation always turn to "hold backs"? No, just because a team doesn't go to a money grab tournament doesn't necessarily mean they have hold backs. But it may mean that your son needs to hit the wall so they can play on a team that does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the WSYL equate to anything but a fun weekend? Is it considered a Showcase?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's amazing- my sons team went out there a few years ago and it was the best tournament we've ever been too. Swag as you advance, skills contests, Connor Kelly was there, championship was televised, it's a youth event on steroids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the 2026 level, isnt Express is doing what you claim MD teams do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a list of the WSYL U14 regional qualifier teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Mad Dog NJ Boys 2025 Black

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

Top 4 to advance:

- Madlax Monuments
- Building Blocks LC U14
- VLC Black Ops
- Mad Dog NJ Boys 2025 Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, what about the Hawks? Did Team Maryland combine with Top Caliber or did Top Caliber's own team go it alone? No one from the Philly area? Jersey Express was formerly Tribal SJ, they are a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

Top 4 to advance:

- Madlax Monuments
- Building Blocks LC U14
- VLC Black Ops

I think more than 4 will advance. More like 6 or 7 based on previous years. Maybe add in Jersey Express, Cannons and True Annapolis as potential contenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

Top 4 to advance:

- Madlax Monuments
- Building Blocks LC U14
- VLC Black Ops

I think more than 4 will advance. More like 6 or 7 based on previous years. Maybe add in Jersey Express, Cannons and True Annapolis as potential contenders.

Only 4 have advanced from the East since 2017. WSYL has been pulling extra teams from North Region because they have by far the most teams in the qualifiers. Historically;
- East 4
- West 5
- Central 2
- South 2
- International 4
- North 7

I suspect that Jersey Express, Cannons, and True Annapolis will be in the mix, but each of the 4 teams I think will advance are combined/all-star teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were any of the previous International teams truly international or just all star teams of international descent? I wonder because if they were truly International then they might not yet be allowed in the country which could open up a couple more spots for this region.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A guess at the HoCo Divisional alignment using Fall 2020 Results, USCL team rankings, wins vs. USCL Top 100 teams, 2019 Division alignment, and the WAG principle. Teams are not in any particular order within a division.

[b]2021 Spring Season[/b]
Team & USCL Rank [Fall Record] and H2H Wins Other Top USCL 100 Wins Spring Results
2025 Elite
1 #1 Team 91 MD [7-0] #9 FCA, Madlax Capital, #15 DC Express Black #7 Sweetlax FL, #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #25 NXT Black, #39 West Coast Starz Gold,
2 #5 Annapolis Hawks [4-0-1] #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #25 ADVNC, #27 Denver Elite Silver, #39 West Coast Starz Gold
3 #4 Madlax Capital [11-2] MD Roughriders, #14 Next Level Blue, #37 Crabs, VLC
4 #15 DC Express Black [11-3] #4 Team 91 LI, #11 Crabs #24 Texas Mustangs, #34 True Atlantic, #40 Leading Edge, #53 Texas Oilers, #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness
5 #9 FCA [8-1-1] #37 Crabs #20 Team Ten, #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #26 True Midwest, #39 West Coast Starz Gold, #40 Leading Edge, #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness, #92 Top Caliber
6 #14 Next Level Blue [9-3] Kooper's, DC Express Black, Looney's, True Annapolis Green #24 Texas Mustangs, #40 Leading Edge, #53 Texas Oilers
7 Cannons Select Gold [4-0] True Annapolis White
8 #12 True Annapolis Green [8-1] #37 Crabs, VLC #55 Omnia, #18 West Coast Starz Navy, #91 True PA Black, #52 True Pittsburgh,

2025 AAA
1 #37 Crabs [2-4] Looney's #92 Top Caliber L vs Zingos 3/7 Play Day
2 #58 Koopers [2-2] Hawks Black #82 True Utah
3 #28 Zingos Black [7-1-1] #60 PLC Gold #30 Orange Crush, #31 Brotherly Love, #72 Philly Freedom Red, #85 Tri-State, #88 Rising Sons Navy W vs Crabs 3/7 Play Day
4 Greene Turtle
5 #60 PLC Gold [2-5] Hawks Black #44 Mad Dog
6 #50 VLC [3-6] Looney's
7 Sidewinders [3-0] Hawks Black
8 #92 Top Caliber [6-3] #28 Zingos Black

2025 AA
1 Breakers Blue
2 HLC
3 AYLC Bay Raiders [3-0] True Baltimore
4 Rock A
5 Looney's [0-6-1]
6 FLC
7 Next Level Red #89 Southshore
8 #84 Team Maryland LC [4-2] #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness, #89 Southshore

2025 A
1 Cannons Select Blue
2 Madlax DMV
3 Hard Lax Elite [0-3]
4 Roughriders
5 Breakers Orange
6 Mesa MD [2-1] #78 PLC Black
7 HoCo Pink
8 Annapolis Hawks Black [2-2] W vs True Baltimore at Spring Classic
9 True Baltimore [1-2] [0-4] at Atlantic Spring Classic

2025 B
1 True Annapolis White [0-3] W vs True Balt @ Atlantic Spring Classic
2 Rock B
3 Blue Claws
4 HoCo Black
5 #78 PLC Black [1-6] # 99 Platform Academy Black
6 Olney Bears
7 Baltimore Elite Lax
8 Ville Lacrosse
9 Zingos Blue [size:14pt][/size]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A guess at the HoCo Divisional alignment using Fall 2020 Results, USCL team rankings, wins vs. USCL Top 100 teams, 2019 Division alignment, and the WAG principle. Teams are not in any particular order within a division.

[b]2021 Spring Season[/b]
Team & USCL Rank [Fall Record] and H2H Wins Other Top USCL 100 Wins Spring Results
2025 Elite
1 #1 Team 91 MD [7-0] #9 FCA, Madlax Capital, #15 DC Express Black #7 Sweetlax FL, #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #25 NXT Black, #39 West Coast Starz Gold,
2 #5 Annapolis Hawks [4-0-1] #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #25 ADVNC, #27 Denver Elite Silver, #39 West Coast Starz Gold
3 #4 Madlax Capital [11-2] MD Roughriders, #14 Next Level Blue, #37 Crabs, VLC
4 #15 DC Express Black [11-3] #4 Team 91 LI, #11 Crabs #24 Texas Mustangs, #34 True Atlantic, #40 Leading Edge, #53 Texas Oilers, #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness
5 #9 FCA [8-1-1] #37 Crabs #20 Team Ten, #22 Thunder LB3 Blue, #26 True Midwest, #39 West Coast Starz Gold, #40 Leading Edge, #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness, #92 Top Caliber
6 #14 Next Level Blue [9-3] Kooper's, DC Express Black, Looney's, True Annapolis Green #24 Texas Mustangs, #40 Leading Edge, #53 Texas Oilers
7 Cannons Select Gold [4-0] True Annapolis White
8 #12 True Annapolis Green [8-1] #37 Crabs, VLC #55 Omnia, #18 West Coast Starz Navy, #91 True PA Black, #52 True Pittsburgh,

2025 AAA
1 #37 Crabs [2-4] Looney's #92 Top Caliber L vs Zingos 3/7 Play Day
2 #58 Koopers [2-2] Hawks Black #82 True Utah
3 #28 Zingos Black [7-1-1] #60 PLC Gold #30 Orange Crush, #31 Brotherly Love, #72 Philly Freedom Red, #85 Tri-State, #88 Rising Sons Navy W vs Crabs 3/7 Play Day
4 Greene Turtle
5 #60 PLC Gold [2-5] Hawks Black #44 Mad Dog
6 #50 VLC [3-6] Looney's
7 Sidewinders [3-0] Hawks Black
8 #92 Top Caliber [6-3] #28 Zingos Black

2025 AA
1 Breakers Blue
2 HLC
3 AYLC Bay Raiders [3-0] True Baltimore
4 Rock A
5 Looney's [0-6-1]
6 FLC
7 Next Level Red #89 Southshore
8 #84 Team Maryland LC [4-2] #62 Richmond Hawks - Lyness, #89 Southshore

2025 A
1 Cannons Select Blue
2 Madlax DMV
3 Hard Lax Elite [0-3]
4 Roughriders
5 Breakers Orange
6 Mesa MD [2-1] #78 PLC Black
7 HoCo Pink
8 Annapolis Hawks Black [2-2] W vs True Baltimore at Spring Classic
9 True Baltimore [1-2] [0-4] at Atlantic Spring Classic

2025 B
1 True Annapolis White [0-3] W vs True Balt @ Atlantic Spring Classic
2 Rock B
3 Blue Claws
4 HoCo Black
5 #78 PLC Black [1-6] # 99 Platform Academy Black
6 Olney Bears
7 Baltimore Elite Lax
8 Ville Lacrosse
9 Zingos Blue [size:14pt][/size]

Do you really think HoCo will use ANY of this data?

No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is DC Express Orange?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is DC Express Orange?
In the AA bracket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS. Sandbagging. They are going to run over everyone in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the Express Orange team that strong? AA is a pretty high division for a B team. That would actually be pretty impressive if a club in any grade year had their first team in Elite and their second team in AAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

Top 4 to advance:

- Madlax Monuments
- Building Blocks LC U14
- VLC Black Ops

Only 4 have advanced from the East since 2017. WSYL has been pulling extra teams from North Region because they have by far the most teams in the qualifiers. Historically;
- East 4
- West 5
- Central 2
- South 2
- International 4
- North 7

I suspect that Jersey Express, Cannons, and True Annapolis will be in the mix, but each of the 4 teams I think will advance are combined/all-star teams.

I wouldnt think that there will be international teams this year so that'll open up spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Express Orange is solid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
W/E Results for HoCo Elite teams:

Next Level Blue 4-0 (Mad Dog, LI Express, Looney's, CLCA u14) + 22 GD
FCA 3-0 (LI Express, Leading Edge, DCE Black) +22 GD
91 MD 3-0 (Philly Freedom, True IL WS, Mad Dog) +29 GD
Cannons Gold 3-0 (CLCA u14, Looney's, VLC) +4 GD
DCE Black 2-1 (W vs Leading Edge & LI Express, L vs FCA) +3 GD
Madlax Capital 2-1 (W vs Hawks Green & Regulators, L vs WCS Gold), +5 Goal Differential
Hawks Green 1-2 (W vs WCS Gold, L vs Madlax Capital & Prime Time) -2 GD

I've seen that 91 is the team to beat at 2025 Elite, but based on the scores and observations at Spring Kickoff games, NL Blue and FCA are going to give them trouble. Even though they won, I heard that 91 did not look good vs Mad Dog (playing in their 6th game of the weekend) and MM was losing his mind and berating/belittling his players for the majority of the game (sidebar: how/why does anyone play for this guy?). I would not be surprised if 91 misses the playoffs in May. Not sure what is going on in Annapolis, but Hawks have beaten teams like the ones they played last weekend in the past. FCA appears to have strengthened their roster since last summer. NL Blue and DCE Black players were playing on multiple teams so likely running out of gas on Sunday. If Madlax can bring all of their out-of-area players to every game they along with DCE Black, NL Blue and FCA are likely top 4 in 2025 Elite. Should be a drama filled spring which I'm sure will be bantered about here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're going to declare the top 4 as DCE, NL and FCA along with Madlax based off 1 weekend of Spring playdays. Wow! That's a big stretch. The 2025 Elite division of HoCo is so competitive this it is going to be a battle every weekend. 6 teams can win this year:
Team 91MD - until someone beats them still the team to beat.
Hawks - defending HoCo champs from 2 years ago, so always tough
Madlax - with the addition of out of state players very tough
FCA - continues to improve and has a legitimate shot.
NL - with their new 2024 players coming down will be in serious contention
DCE - same as NL with addition of 2024 players

No idea why anyone else would even want to be in this division. Crabs, Looneys, True, and Cannons, should run to AAA as these top 6 are crazy good. Watch them play, they all look like HS teams. All well coached and crazy talent. The team that's puts it together for the playoffs, stays healthy (probably the biggest key), and can win close games will win this division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They look like high school teams for a reason ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand what you are implying and though probably true, these boys really know how to play the game and would be still be young for Varsity. Say what you will about the coaching, good and bad, the boys are learning the game. Very impressed with this age group!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids don’t have to play varsity as a freshman ! They probably shouldn’t...2025 parent and your right the class is strong on it’s own, let the 2024’s move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the Express Orange team that strong? AA is a pretty high division for a B team. That would actually be pretty impressive if a club in any grade year had their first team in Elite and their second team in AAA.

That DCE team is made up of players that moved down from the DCE Elite team, the 3D-Maryland fold and some former Team Maryland. They won the fall league easily and should do the same this spring in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you saw DC Express Orange play this spring, they are not sand bagging. They are in the appropriate division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you saw DC Express Orange play this spring, they are not sand bagging. They are in the appropriate division.

Spring hasn’t happened yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse....quit-max-wsyl-il-13u-14u-world-rankings/

WSYL/IL 14U Preseason World Rankings:
1. Long Island Express (NY)
2. Team 91 Long Island (NY)
3. Madlax Capital (DMV)
4. Sweetlax FL (FL)
5. Eclipse (CT)
6. True IL 2025 Premier (IL)
7. Berserkers (CA)
8. NPL (WA/OR)
9. Igloo Northface (NY)
10. Prime Time 2025 (NY)
11. Sixers (CO)
12. Express North (CT)
13. Stealth (FL)
14. ADVNC Bayhawks (CA)
15. Building Blocks LC (NJ)
16. Orange Crush (NY)
17. Evolve (CAN)
18. Express North (CT)
19. 2Way (CT)
20. Jersey Express (NJ)
21. Mad Dog Black (NJ)
22. HP Mohicans (TX)
23. True MN 2025 AAA (MN)
24. CT Wolves (CT)
25. Cannons Gold (MD)

Watchlist: 302 Lacrosse (DE), Evolve BC (CAN), VLC Black Ops (VA), Zingos Black (MD), Breakers Blue (MD), Regulators (NY), Shore 2 Shore Hawks (NY), Legacy Lacrosse (NY)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1:

FCA
Annapolis Hawks vs
Fri- 7:30 pm

True Annapolis Green vs
Looney's
Sat- 8:00 AM

Madlax Capital vs
Next Level Blue
Sat- 9:30 AM

Team 91 vs
Crabs
Sat- 11:00 AM

DC Express Black vs
Annapolis Hawks Green
Sat- 12:30 PM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like True Annapolis 2025 had a good game against True Illinois last Saturday.. looks like it may have been a scrimmage...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoCcqWj9BA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1:

FCA
Annapolis Hawks vs
Fri- 7:30 pm

True Annapolis Green vs
Looney's
Sat- 8:00 AM

Madlax Capital vs
Next Level Blue
Sat- 9:30 AM

Team 91 vs
Crabs
Sat- 11:00 AM

DC Express Black vs
Annapolis Hawks Green
Sat- 12:30 PM

Hawks, Looney's Madlax, 91 and Hawks all win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA, True, Next Level, 91 and Hawks....ready to get it going!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're going to declare the top 4 as DCE, NL and FCA along with Madlax based off 1 weekend of Spring playdays. Wow! That's a big stretch. The 2025 Elite division of HoCo is so competitive this it is going to be a battle every weekend. 6 teams can win this year:
Team 91MD - until someone beats them still the team to beat.
Hawks - defending HoCo champs from 2 years ago, so always tough
Madlax - with the addition of out of state players very tough
FCA - continues to improve and has a legitimate shot.
NL - with their new 2024 players coming down will be in serious contention
DCE - same as NL with addition of 2024 players

No idea why anyone else would even want to be in this division. Crabs, Looneys, True, and Cannons, should run to AAA as these top 6 are crazy good. Watch them play, they all look like HS teams. All well coached and crazy talent. The team that's puts it together for the playoffs, stays healthy (probably the biggest key), and can win close games will win this division.

Hilarious, They look like High School Teams because they are for the most part. The better players are on age Freshman in High School. Not that hard to figure out. All of them would start in 9th grade at any other area HS besides a hot bed area. And some will still contribute next year to their HS even in this area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did we watch the same game? I believe True Annapolis was the dark colored uniform and from what I saw they scored one man down goal to Illinois 7 or 8. I saw a lot of dropped passes and clears thrown out of bounds - little to no ride. If you think that team competes in the Elite HOCO division against the likes of FCA, NL and 91 just look at the scores when they play those teams. It will be a long year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis was in white

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did we watch the same game? I believe True Annapolis was the dark colored uniform and from what I saw they scored one man down goal to Illinois 7 or 8. I saw a lot of dropped passes and clears thrown out of bounds - little to no ride. If you think that team competes in the Elite HOCO division against the likes of FCA, NL and 91 just look at the scores when they play those teams. It will be a long year.

True Annapolis was in white

.. Funny thing is that True Illinois went on to play pretty well the next day in the March Kickoff tournament. They are on age for grade kids and beat Philly Freedom 7-1(who is mediocre this year) lost to Team 91MD (lots of older kids) by 10-3 and beat Mad Dog (on age, going to WSYL) 6-4. Those games are on YouTube as well. Probably a good tune up for them. Their long poles pressure heavy outside and some of their midis have good dodges, and they capitalized on miscommunication by the other team's long poles. Don't think they are going to be a national title contender, but a pretty good team nonetheless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 13 MadLax 5
Team 91 16 Crabs 7
DC Express 8 Annapolis Hawks 6
True Annapolis 12 Looney’s 2

So not sure there were too many surprises in opening weekend except for maybe Hawks losing their opening game in a tight one to DC Express. Any thoughts out there on the weekend on the turf.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 13 MadLax 5
Team 91 16 Crabs 7

So not sure there were too many surprises in opening weekend except for maybe Hawks losing their opening game in a tight one to DC Express. Any thoughts out there on the weekend on the turf.

Thought mad lax would have been a bit closer? The next level vs 91 game will be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 13 MadLax 5
Team 91 16 Crabs 7

Thought mad lax would have been a bit closer? The next level vs 91 game will be fun to watch.

Next Level played loose and looked motivated & confident, lotta hustle from the team. Madlax not so much. They looked timid and unsure of themselves. Not sure how many of their players were missing who may have been traveling to DE to play for Monuments, or will miss next week because of WSYL East Qualifier (same for NL & DCE players who are also on Black Ops Team). Crabs were very physical, getting a couple of illegal body check calls vs 91. 91 was able to handle the pressure, but looked tentative and like they were playing to not make a mistake. DCE was bigger and faster than Hawks, who just got wore down as the game went on. Credit to the Naptown boys for keeping it as close as they did. This is definitely not the Hawks of old. Not sure how Looney's made it into Elite. Gonna be a long spring for them, especially with 91 on the docket for next week. True has some good athletes and looked good against a lesser opponent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax looked meh. They have one attackman. Not a lot else. Rolled over pretty quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE Orange does not have kids who moved down from elite bc 2025 is the first year of DCE. The team is mostly made up of the BLC Orange kids. There are about four or five from clubs other than BLC - and two of the clubs disbanded. The team is well coached and has great athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay everyone....now that play days, scrimmages and 1 week of HOCO (for most teams) are in the books, who do you think will be the top 4-6 teams that advance from the East for the WSYL? I realize several posters have expressed disdain for the tourney, but honestly just trying to have an open dialogue and discussion as to what people think. Mostly, just excited that the boys are getting the chance to get on the field!! Good luck to everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of unknowns out there and with "Super Teams" being formed... I could see the pool play shaking out like this:

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of unknowns out there and with "Super Teams" being formed... I could see the pool play shaking out like this:

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

TriState not good and they will go 0-3 and another team slips in..Zingos or Cannons?

Top 4 teams are Black Ops, BBL, MadLax and True in that order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know much about Black Ops and Monuments, other than they are combinations of other clubs, but I think Jersey Express will be in the top 4. Not sold on True Annapolis just yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it a lacrosse dad got their kid kicked out of SJC before he even started? Any truth to that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91Md not in the running for WSLY?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91Md not in the running for WSLY?
nope, 9/1 birthday might be an issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just excited that these U14 boys get to play this weekend in the WSYL. Most of them have been waiting to play in this event for 18+ months. Good Luck to everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get ready for the weather this weekend in Delaware. Beautiful on Saturday, thunderstorms on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it a lacrosse dad got their kid kicked out of SJC before he even started? Any truth to that?

YES! It is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Kids can do that on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

TriState not good and they will go 0-3 and another team slips in..Zingos or Cannons?

Way off on Zingos team, coaches, and club

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team was he on? I like to steer clear of teams with Bad parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team was he on? I like to steer clear of teams with Bad parents.

Then you wouldnt play anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in...
Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC = St John’s College High School in DC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

You are following Zingos ?? Wow. What next ? Analysis of rec B and who is taking ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers.

Breakers has been advertising and pumping up this “WSYL team” for about 3 years now. So much for that. But guess it was good for their kids to get a chance to play there. Even if they got shellacked. They will be able to feel better about themselves this summer when they get to control their draw in Aloha tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

You are following Zingos ?? Wow. What next ? Analysis of rec B and who is taking ship.

Wait... I thought Zingos was rec B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in..."

"Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers."....

I thought that Zingos would do a little better as well. They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement and that may have made the difference. I expected them to win at least one, maybe 2 games in pool play.

Breakers had a tough go of it. They did not score one goal on Saturday, and lost to Zingos on Sunday.

I thought that Cannon's might do slightly better than they did. They went 3-0 and pool play. They lost to Black Ops in the first round of championship play. If anyone should be angry about the formation of super-teams (Black Ops, Top Caliber (Top Caliber and Team Maryland), and MadLax), it should be Cannon's, as they got bumped out of the final 4 by Black Ops). Sold team. They may have been dejected after losing to Black Ops and ended up losing to Garden State in the next game , who they beat handily in pool play.

Top Caliber was disappointing, their normal team and Team Maryland's are much better than the combined WSYL team - that tells me that they have a lot of older kids on their HOCO/Summer tournament teams.

BBL was the men among boys in this tournament. Not only were they bigger, but they acted a lot older than 14 year olds - they acted like the college players that you see on ESPN/ACC Network. Also, quite a bit of trash talking by the kids during the game, the coach "Run up the score", and the parents on the sidelines.. f bombs galore.

True Annapolis is very quick and well coached. Lanky, athletic kids. They will go far as they get older and fill out and gain mass. Their only losses over the weekend were to BBL.

Glad to see the kids playing lacrosse again - great to be out there amongst the hustle and bustle of a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in..."

"Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers."....

I thought that Zingos would do a little better as well. They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement and that may have made the difference. I expected them to win at least one, maybe 2 games in pool play.

Breakers had a tough go of it. They did not score one goal on Saturday, and lost to Zingos on Sunday.

I thought that Cannon's might do slightly better than they did. They went 3-0 and pool play. They lost to Black Ops in the first round of championship play. If anyone should be angry about the formation of super-teams (Black Ops, Top Caliber (Top Caliber and Team Maryland), and MadLax), it should be Cannon's, as they got bumped out of the final 4 by Black Ops). Sold team. They may have been dejected after losing to Black Ops and ended up losing to Garden State in the next game , who they beat handily in pool play.

Top Caliber was disappointing, their normal team and Team Maryland's are much better than the combined WSYL team - that tells me that they have a lot of older kids on their HOCO/Summer tournament teams.

BBL was the men among boys in this tournament. Not only were they bigger, but they acted a lot older than 14 year olds - they acted like the college players that you see on ESPN/ACC Network. Also, quite a bit of trash talking by the kids during the game, the coach "Run up the score", and the parents on the sidelines.. f bombs galore.

True Annapolis is very quick and well coached. Lanky, athletic kids. They will go far as they get older and fill out and gain mass. Their only losses over the weekend were to BBL.

Glad to see the kids playing lacrosse again - great to be out there amongst the hustle and bustle of a tournament.

" They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement..." So let's dispense with the nonsense that Zingos can compete with on-age teams since they by definition have holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

" They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement..." So let's dispense with the nonsense that Zingos can compete with on-age teams since they by definition have holdbacks.

The OP had an astute post about the weekend and from what I saw I agree. Cannons surprised me too and thought they would come out as the dark horse, BBL observations on point, True A legit. didn't see Breakers, Zingos blew a tie in the one game I saw but solid otherwise.... Popcorn ready for the dad whose team was not there and is angry with a certain club for some reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers

Breakers has been advertising and pumping up this “WSYL team” for about 3 years now. So much for that. But guess it was good for their kids to get a chance to play there. Even if they got shellacked. They will be able to feel better about themselves this summer when they get to control their draw in Aloha tourneys.

Zingo's , Breakers can get off rec teams and move to elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Mad Dog Black needs to decide what they are going to do moving forward. They cannot acquire any more talent than what they have and are heading towards the team just staying together because they are friends. NJ has some good High School teams in BBL, LE and Tri State. Should be interesting to see what the kids do on this team because there are at least 8 kids that are really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Mad Dog Black needs to decide what they are going to do moving forward. They cannot acquire any more talent than what they have and are heading towards the team just staying together because they are friends. NJ has some good High School teams in BBL, LE and Tri State. Should be interesting to see what the kids do on this team because there are at least 8 kids that are really good.

Felt bad for Mad Dog 2025. They clearly drew the short straw from the schedulers having to face Black Ops (tight loss in overtime), Jersey Express and Monuments. They were better than their 0-3 day one reflected.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard