Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the turnout at True Annapolis?

Smoke and mirrors as well. Impressive turnout but........

They had a majority of the 2025 sidewinders there
They had a majority of the 2026 diamondbacks there
They had kids from their Baltimore team there to fill space
And, they had a ton of people there for a free lacrosse head

Tryouts were mixed age groups the entire time, as a parent you could not really get a grasp for who might be on your sons future team.

After selections I can tell you what the 2026 team might be from top to bottom:
-An attackman who is phenomenal attacking the cage...but will not keep his head up or pass the ball. It will be a turnover if he can't get a shot off, not a pull out and reset.
-A few strong midfielders from various HoCo AAA teams
-An 0-7 Diamondbacks defense
-A great goalie who has been with a different club every year.

Despite True being a non-parent coached team...with Diamondbacks as the core, and a couple other key members of the team...expect daddy ball and politics to be in full swing.

Great in who's eyes????

Should we know what goalie you are talking bout?

Tryouts were mixed age groups the entire time, as a parent you could not really get a grasp for who might be on your sons future team.

-An attackman who is phenomenal attacking the cage...but will not keep his head up or pass the ball. It will be a turnover if he can't get a shot off, not a pull out and reset.

Despite True being a non-parent coached team...with Diamondbacks as the core, and a couple other key members of the team...m 91 expect daddy ball and politics to be in full swing.

Great in who's eyes????

garbage. I think I know way too much about 11 year old goalies. I assume this is the kid who was on the Hawks this year. A good goalie but an even better kid. He was on the Diamondbacks the year before. Rumor has it that the Hawks former goalie is dropping back down to the team - which probably leaves this kid looking for a new team. If the tryouts was diamondbacks heavy, he was probably there.

I assume the Hawks will have a good goalie. If “rocket”, their old goalie, comes back that leaves last years goalie looking for a team. He is good enough to make most teams. Team 91 had two goalies - one I thought was strong. BLC has a strong kid. Folks like the AYLC goalie but I haven’t seen enough to have an opinion. He might be great.

Overall, goalie at this age is still a work in progress.

Despite True being a non-parent coached team...with Diamondbacks as the core, and a couple other key members of the team...expect daddy ball and politics to be in full swing.

Great in who's eyes????

Despite True being a non-parent coached team...with Diamondbacks as the core, and a couple other key members of the team...m 91 expect daddy ball and politics to be in full swing.

Great in who's eyes????

garbage. I think I know way too much about 11 year old goalies. I assume this is the kid who was on the Hawks this year. A good goalie but an even better kid. He was on the Diamondbacks the year before. Rumor has it that the Hawks former goalie is dropping back down to the team - which probably leaves this kid looking for a new team. If the tryouts was diamondbacks heavy, he was probably there.

I assume the Hawks will have a good goalie. If “rocket”, their old goalie, comes back that leaves last years goalie looking for a team. He is good enough to make most teams. Team 91 had two goalies - one I thought was strong. BLC has a strong kid. Folks like the AYLC goalie but I haven’t seen enough to have an opinion. He might be great.

This is funny

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #290581
08/06/19 10:28 PM
08/06/19 10:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is such a great goalie, why has he been with a different club every year?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290593
08/07/19 09:28 AM
08/07/19 09:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grown adults trash talking 11 year old kids and doing so Anonymously! Wow. All these goalies are good goalies and working hard to get better. There are 0 "Great" goalies at 11 years old. I am Rocket's dad and he will not be playing 2026 again so let's put that rumor to bed.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290599
08/07/19 10:12 AM
08/07/19 10:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grown adults trash talking 11 year old kids and doing so Anonymously! Wow. All these goalies are good goalies and working hard to get better. There are 0 "Great" goalies at 11 years old. I am Rocket's dad and he will not be playing 2026 again so let's put that rumor to bed.

I think your son is a great goalie at 11 years old.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290600
08/07/19 10:27 AM
08/07/19 10:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great in who's eyes????

Great in who's eyes????

This is probably the most clueless post in

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #290602
08/07/19 10:32 AM
08/07/19 10:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looney's goalie was better at Napptown Challenge

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290606
08/07/19 10:47 AM
08/07/19 10:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best goalie at Napptown was the AYLC kid who played out of his mind against ALL IN - not a half but the whole game

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290614
08/07/19 11:47 AM
08/07/19 11:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not correct at all. I am the Looney's goalie's (Reid) dad. Rocket and Reid both played well at that tournament and had a lot of fun playing with that team. In the Hawks game, Rocket gave up fewer goals in his half than Reid did. Rocket and Reid are both working hard to get better, which is what its all about at their age.

I stop by here from time to time to get info on other teams and movement of players. Seeing grown ups (if that's what they are) trashing 11-year old kids is distressing although, sadly, not surprising.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290621
08/07/19 12:38 PM
08/07/19 12:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7-1

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #290622
08/07/19 12:41 PM
08/07/19 12:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have yet to meet a crappy enough parent to trash talk a goalie, when in reality, if a goalie is seeing a ball, it’s because his defense didn't get the job done and he’s the last one between the ball and that cage.
If a parent is trashing a goalie, then that kid should be put it in the goal for a practice. I bet that tune gets changed.

Good luck to all of the 26 goalies this season.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290625
08/07/19 01:19 PM
08/07/19 01:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not correct at all. I am the Looney's goalie's (Reid) dad. Rocket and Reid both played well at that tournament and had a lot of fun playing with that team. In the Hawks game, Rocket gave up fewer goals in his half than Reid did. Rocket and Reid are both working hard to get better, which is what its all about at their age.

I stop by here from time to time to get info on other teams and movement of players. Seeing grown ups (if that's what they are) trashing 11-year old kids is distressing although, sadly, not surprising.

Who's the big spoon at night?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #290626
08/07/19 01:20 PM
08/07/19 01:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best goalie at Napptown was the AYLC kid who played out of his mind against ALL IN - not a half but the whole game

AYLC goalie sits when he pees

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #290627
08/07/19 01:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3/4's of you guys wouldn't say half this stuff if you had to link you name to it...you know why? Because the other dad would KO you....let it go and be a fan of other kids....seriously enough is enough. This forum should require some type of identification....

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290628

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have yet to meet a crappy enough parent to trash talk a goalie, when in reality, if a goalie is seeing a ball, it’s because his defense didn't get the job done and he’s the last one between the ball and that cage.
If a parent is trashing a goalie, then that kid should be put it in the goal for a practice. I bet that tune gets changed.

Good luck to all of the 26 goalies this season.

Does it count if my kid is a goalie and I talk trash about him!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #290633
08/07/19 01:34 PM
08/07/19 01:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son is a very good goalie & has great sportsmanship.Keep up the hard work & hope he continues his great progression. - an opposing coach who thinks highly of your son's ability & character

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification