Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
#290450 08/05/19 07:41 PM
T
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
T
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Girls from the class of 2027 in/around the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #316383 11/29/20 09:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the BLC 2027s really that good? Very impressive fall.. Will be interesting to see how many BLC girls stay with the club long-term

Conversely are the SW 27s that bad -- routinely getting blown out by clubs they normally blow out

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316389 11/30/20 04:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316417 11/30/20 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.

Not sure what you mean by late start for SW. They went 0-6 in the fall and only 1 loss was by fewer than 9 goals. Can't see this ship righting without a massive roster turnover. Saw their 14-2 loss to pride at Chesapeake and Pride could have scored 20 if they wanted to.

BLC was 5-1 in the fall, only loss by 2 to M&D in a game that was close late and most wins were decisive.

I tend not to read much into 4th grade and below NGLL games since lots of good girls are still playing rec level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316423 11/30/20 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean by late start for SW. They went 0-6 in the fall and only 1 loss was by fewer than 9 goals. Can't see this ship righting without a massive roster turnover. Saw their 14-2 loss to pride at Chesapeake and Pride could have scored 20 if they wanted to.

BLC was 5-1 in the fall, only loss by 2 to M&D in a game that was close late and most wins were decisive.

I tend not to read much into 4th grade and below NGLL games since lots of good girls are still playing rec level.

When I say late start, I am referring to the 2027 SW team not playing in NGLL in 2019, then due to COVID, not having a 2020 NGLL. There's a learning curve. As you state, some kids may have been playing rec which means they didn't play at all in 2019-2020 season.

No doubt they need to add a few kids from other clubs to start to compete.

Who would you put in your top-5?

Mine would be

1) Hero's Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) NEMS
5) Pride

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #316437 11/30/20 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I say late start, I am referring to the 2027 SW team not playing in NGLL in 2019, then due to COVID, not having a 2020 NGLL. There's a learning curve. As you state, some kids may have been playing rec which means they didn't play at all in 2019-2020 season.

No doubt they need to add a few kids from other clubs to start to compete.

Who would you put in your top-5?

Mine would be

1) Hero's Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) NEMS
5) Pride

Top 3 def the same

I'd go

1) Hero Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MD United
6) LBC// NEMS / Coppermine

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behing where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316440 11/30/20 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta give NEMS credit for beating MDU and M&D in NGLL.
Coppermine is interesting as I know they’ve lost a few key players so they are adjusting.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316443 11/30/20 05:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is interesting as I know they’ve lost a few key players so they are adjusting.

I think that's fair. I probably marked them down a bit for playing a bit of an easier schedule in general. I did discount their NGLL performance to my prior point, I dont really value 4th grade results since teams change so much.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316501 12/01/20 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's fair. I probably marked them down a bit for playing a bit of an easier schedule in general. I did discount their NGLL performance to my prior point, I dont really value 4th grade results since teams change so much.

Teams def change, but the dominant teams of the 2019 NGLL are still the dominant teams now, Hero's, M&D, BLC. All went 7-1. NEMS wasn't in the league then but they are going to be a force unless something changes.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #316630 12/03/20 01:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's my Top-10 for 2027 Winter 2020

1) Hero's Green (only a few 2027 teams can even keep it close)
2) M&D Black (only a few 2027 teams can beat them)
3) BLC (will be interesting to see them this spring, as they could move up or down moreso than any team)
4) NEMS (they got a few very solid players)
5) MD United (outside of a few clubs, they played very well)
6) Pride Red (They seem to get better after each season)
7) Coppermine (I know they lost a few key pieces)
8) LBC (They are the best of the next tier)
9) Integrity (They got to beat Hero's White and LBC routinely to move up)
10) Hero's White (lots of improvement over the last year)

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #316656 12/03/20 07:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where would you put the new jersey and long island teams in your rankings

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316663 12/03/20 08:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monster and YJ would both be top 4. Both could probably give Heros a game, especially if it is officiated in more of a northern style (eg allowing more contact)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316664 12/03/20 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had to say since they really haven’t played in over a year with MD teams, I admittedly don’t know enough.

Steps likely in top 4.
I’d assume YJ would be there as well given reputation of club.
Aces Elite played M&D tight in Fall 2019.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316671 12/03/20 10:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monster and YJ would both be top 4. Both could probably give Heros a game, especially if it is officiated in more of a northern style (eg allowing more contact)

Has Monster played Aces and if so how close where those games? Will be nice come summer when some of the NJ NY teams can play MD area (hopefully)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316699 12/04/20 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behind where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

I've noticed the same. I think last year's 6th graders was a significantly better class. In fact some clubs like Coppermine can't even fill a B team at this level.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS