BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 112 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry to interrupt. But the entire 2028 thread was delete does anyone know how to get it started again?
CANCELLED

I went to the 28 board when I wanted to feel better about the 27 parents. The 28 parents are insufferable. Hopefully that' board stays gone for a while

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this 27 feed is so amazing and kind. I just love coming on here talking about how great MY team is…whoops, I mean my daughter’s team is and then pointing out which teams stink each week over and over again. What a feeling to just rub teams noses in it. Good times! Yeah, that 28 feed is ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this 27 feed is so amazing and kind. I just love coming on here talking about how great MY team is…whoops, I mean my daughter’s team is and then pointing out which teams stink each week over and over again. What a feeling to just rub teams noses in it. Good times! Yeah, that 28 feed is ridiculous.

Your daughter must play for one of those teams that stink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s only bad during NGLL season. And that is driven by the huge number of mismatches driven by league format.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get some tissues and a participation trophy for this guy

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like you want your daughter’s trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Tourney machine right? Did Integrity handle Coppermine? I knew Integrity was improve but this is probably the most surprising result of the year by far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Integrity smacked Coppermine around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity Coppermine score is correct. Integrity won majority of the draws and controlled possessions.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Integrity is legit.

TLC / NEMS looked like it was close too, fun season so far.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Later Saturday I think M&D is the top team. Hero’s is 2nd but BLC is right there with them no matter what people have to say. The South is much better than the North Division. TLC is playing much tougher than people thought. SW is improved. Coppermine is actually worse than originally thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Later Saturday I think M&D is the top team. Hero’s is 2nd but BLC is right there with them no matter what people have to say. The South is much better than the North Division. TLC is playing much tougher than people thought. SW is improved. Coppermine is actually worse than originally thought.

Low and mid tier A appear to be tightening up and gap closing. Still a clear top 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both had the same amount of shots though but Coppermine seemed to be passing it right to integrity’s goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw most of Heroes Green / SWB game, think the final was 11-4, bunch of late goals for heroes (5-3 at half)

General takeaways

1. Heroes is well coached and unselfish on offense and aggressive on defense. No real superstars except one or two girls but everyone was above average and compete team.
2. SWB had decent amount of shots on goal, couldn’t finish. Heroes goalie was very good.
3. SWB turns ball over in transition a lot, coachable but painful to watch
4. Lots of yellow cards

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

Integrity is legit.

It will be more interesting when these teams get all their girls back.

Still lots of soccer players missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the gap is closing between some teams which is good for the league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw most of Heroes Green / SWB game, think the final was 11-4, bunch of late goals for heroes (5-3 at half)

General takeaways

1. Heroes is well coached and unselfish on offense and aggressive on defense. No real superstars except one or two girls but everyone was above average and compete team.
2. SWB had decent amount of shots on goal, couldn’t finish. Heroes goalie was very good.
4. Lots of yellow cards

Game was close until last 5-6 min but heroes def better team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a shame girls are missing due to other sports conflicts…soccer is a Fall sport, Lacrosse is the primary sport in Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

Integrity is legit.

It will be more interesting when these teams get all their girls back.

Still lots of soccer players missing.

Know some girls were in Arizona this weekend and missed , my guess is lax is their second or third sport but great athletes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

General takeaways

4. Lots of yellow cards

Seen SWB play before and it was the exact same thing. If they just put their 2nd string middle line on defense, that team would be markedly better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 3

Tier 1:
M&D - They are alone at this point

Tier 2:
Hero's Green - I think they got some of the rust off against a tough MDU team
BLC - Huge game against HG this week.

Tier 3:
Pride
LBC
MD United
All three really good teams with solid wins on resume, likely only 1 make playoffs

Tier 4:
NEMS
Coppermine
Agree with previous comments, they are fading. Fall 2020 NEMS beat M&D soundly. Coppermine continues to unimpress.

Tier 5:
Hero's White
Integrity
Skywalkers
This is assuming SW really improved, I'll guess we will find out soon.

Tier 6
Stars
Cavalier
TLC
They aren't really able to compete just yet.

Tier 7
CCLax
I expected a better showing, the game obviously much faster than they are used to but I see them salvaging things here in April.

After this weekend, I think we can move Coppermine down at least 1 (potnetially 2 tiers) and move Integrity up to Tier 4. Hero's White is the biggest puzzle of the year to me. They lost to a below averge Coppermine team, but hung with NEMS and gave M&D its only somewhat competitive game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 Lines

Some of the most competitive games so far

Pride -2 vs. Maryland United. Critical game in the top half . lost will have trouble making playoffs
Coppermine -3 vs. TLC. Could go either way. TLC getting better each week
BLC -4.5 vs. LBC BLC a better team, but don't score alot. Can they cover?
NEMS -2 vs. SW Lots of goals will be scored here. Can either team stop anyone
Pride -4.5 vs. Integrity Integrity wants to call itself a top half team. Here is their chance to prove it
Heros -8.5 vs. Stars Stars hung close to BLC last week. Can they do it again?
M&D -15.5 vs. CCLax Vegas may take this game off the board. M&D can win by whatever they choose. And why on earth are the best and world teams in league playing either other twice. what clowns are running this league?
Hero's White -2.5 vs. Cavalier Hero's needs to show it can close out a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 Lines

Some of the most competitive games so far

Pride -2 vs. Maryland United. Critical game in the top half . lost will have trouble making playoffs
Coppermine -3 vs. TLC. Could go either way. TLC getting better each week
BLC -4.5 vs. LBC BLC a better team, but don't score alot. Can they cover?
NEMS -2 vs. SW Lots of goals will be scored here. Can either team stop anyone
Pride -4.5 vs. Integrity Integrity wants to call itself a top half team. Here is their chance to prove it
Heros -8.5 vs. Stars Stars hung close to BLC last week. Can they do it again?
M&D -15.5 vs. CCLax Vegas may take this game off the board. M&D can win by whatever they choose. And why on earth are the best and world teams in league playing either other twice. what clowns are running this league?
Hero's White -2.5 vs. Cavalier Hero's needs to show it can close out a game.

Pride will win by 3+

Coppermine should win. But it's 2 bad teams

LBC isn't losing by 4+ to BLC

Nems will win by 5+

Pride will beat Integrity handily

Hero's line looks about right. Won't be close

M&D will probably play 2nd liners. Game can't be fun for anyone.

Hero's White will win by 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little early for lines, I’ll have mine out later in week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah the "official" lines have been coming out on Wednesdays.

On another note, a girl on my daughter's team is good friend's with a Mom over at Pride. The inside information is that "many" girls will be missing due to Spring Break this weekend. They have two games on the schedule. They are hoping they don't have to forfeit. Adjust lines accordingly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's White was playing with a 28 goalie and without 3 starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The discussion about girls missing for soccer or spring breaks is getting old. All teams have girls missing for games for a variety of reasons - other sports, vacations, injury. I hear Heroes and BLC both have starting midi's out with injuries, I'm sure other teams do as well. And I don't need to know someone's mom from another team to know that lots of teams (in addition to Pride) will likely have girls missing this upcoming weekend since it is spring break for many schools. Sounds like an excuse to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The discussion about girls missing for soccer or spring breaks is getting old. All teams have girls missing for games for a variety of reasons - other sports, vacations, injury. I hear Heroes and BLC both have starting midi's out with injuries, I'm sure other teams do as well. And I don't need to know someone's mom from another team to know that lots of teams (in addition to Pride) will likely have girls missing this upcoming weekend since it is spring break for many schools. Sounds like an excuse to me.

I don't think these are being mentioned as an excuse. I do believe missing key players are a reason why scores this season are much closer than originally expected and open up real opportunities for lesser teams to upset superior teams. Will be very interesting to see how the South Division ends up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess my point is that none of these reasons are new. Girls missed for other sports, spring break and injuries last year too if I remember. It may not be the reason others are seeking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it depends on what “many” means. Everyone has a few girls out here and there for injuries, other sports, etc. If it’s half the team, that’s a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they were mentioning this for wagering purposes. Relax .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing girls on M&D black or heros green doesn’t have the same impact because they have rosters full of strong players

But for teams that don’t have the same number of strong girls missing a couple key/top of roster players or a good goalie can be painful and change the team’s chances in a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing girls on M&D black or heros green doesn’t have the same impact because they have rosters full of strong players

But for teams that don’t have the same number of strong girls missing a couple key/top of roster players or a good goalie can be painful and change the team’s chances in a game

^100% accurate.

Def some drop off but overall they just reload.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going back to the refs, I watched 4 NGLL games this weekend between my kids.

In every game, a ref yelled at a parent or a coach or both.

I think one issue is, refs go from a 2031 game to a 2027 A game and it’s tough to adjust how you call it. I think they really need to try to group games by age more so then by location for this reason.

Even going from a 2028B to 2027A is huge in terms of speed, ability and aggressiveness. Refs are playing a big part in keeping these scores close.

No reason to have nearly 50 whistles in a 46 min game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going back to the refs, I watched 4 NGLL games this weekend between my kids.

In every game, a ref yelled at a parent or a coach or both.

I think one issue is, refs go from a 2031 game to a 2027 A game and it’s tough to adjust how you call it. I think they really need to try to group games by age more so then by location for this reason.

Even going from a 2028B to 2027A is huge in terms of speed, ability and aggressiveness. Refs are playing a big part in keeping these scores close.

No reason to have nearly 50 whistles in a 46 min game.

Fully agree, but I think it is more of an Maryland issue than anything else. Whenever we play in Jersey or PA, I also find the refs much more consistent and let the girls play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 4

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -2
Two very good teams, winner is squarely in that third playoff seed contention. Could come down to DCs and TOs, who protects the ball. Give slight advantage to Pride based on showing against BLC.

Coppermine 27 vs TLC Red 27
Coppermine -2
I can't believe that the spread is this close but here we are. Rumors of Coppermine's demise appear to be accurate. That being said, I still think they beat a TLC team that is still getting it's sea legs in A league.

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3
LBC has a chance to really shake things up in the South. Always take the under in a BLC game and I am going to think LBC uses the same strategy it had in beating Hero's Green in the fall. Expect ball control by both teams here.

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -3
NEMS seems to be following the Coppermine track, and Skywalkers have officially improved from the 2021 version. I still think NEMS pulls this out but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost this game.

Integrity Green 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -3
I wish I could adjust this based on Saturday's outcome, but I won't. Integrity got noticed with their beating of Coppermine and strong play against LBC. I think Pride pulls this out, but it will be tight.

Stars Light Blue 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's -9
On paper, this thing is a blow out but if the refs want to slow this game down and ref this like its a 2030 game, its going to keep the score low. HG shooters will be too much in the end and I expect them to get into double digits.

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14
We have a Week 1 rematch. CCLax showed signs of life last week but M&D will do what they do best, run up and down the field and score early and often here.

Cavalier 27 vs Hero's White 27
Hero's White -6
Hero's White went from an afterthought to a darkhorse playoff team in the matter of the last year. They are going to come hard at Cavs and I think unless the refs get in a way, White's going to roll in this one.

I've seen a few lines out there already but these are the "Old Vegas" lines, provided by none other than Sam "Ace" Rothstein. Get this through your head you. You only exist out here because of me. (Joking of course) Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 4

Pride -2
Two very good teams, winner is squarely in that third playoff seed contention. Could come down to DCs and TOs, who protects the ball. Give slight advantage to Pride based on showing against BLC.

Coppermine -2
I can't believe that the spread is this close but here we are. Rumors of Coppermine's demise appear to be accurate. That being said, I still think they beat a TLC team that is still getting it's sea legs in A league.

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3
LBC has a chance to really shake things up in the South. Always take the under in a BLC game and I am going to think LBC uses the same strategy it had in beating Hero's Green in the fall. Expect ball control by both teams here.

NEMS -3
NEMS seems to be following the Coppermine track, and Skywalkers have officially improved from the 2021 version. I still think NEMS pulls this out but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost this game.

Pride -3
I wish I could adjust this based on Saturday's outcome, but I won't. Integrity got noticed with their beating of Coppermine and strong play against LBC. I think Pride pulls this out, but it will be tight.

Hero's -9
On paper, this thing is a blow out but if the refs want to slow this game down and ref this like its a 2030 game, its going to keep the score low. HG shooters will be too much in the end and I expect them to get into double digits.

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14
We have a Week 1 rematch. CCLax showed signs of life last week but M&D will do what they do best, run up and down the field and score early and often here.

Hero's White -6
Hero's White went from an afterthought to a darkhorse playoff team in the matter of the last year. They are going to come hard at Cavs and I think unless the refs get in a way, White's going to roll in this one.

I've seen a few lines out there already but these are the "Old Vegas" lines, provided by none other than Sam "Ace" Rothstein. Get this through your head you. You only exist out here because of me. (Joking of course) Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.

I saw LBC, TLC, SWB, NEMS, Coppermine all play and they are essentially the same teams. All have some very talented players and also some girls who should be on B teams. Note, nothing wrong with being on a B team, I’m thrilled to see them playing an awesome sport.

Biggest surprise is tlc even though they are chasing first win. Not worried about nems, they are well coached and will get better on D which is a major issue this season, they can score a bunch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 4

Pride -2

Coppermine -2

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3

NEMS -3

Pride -3

Hero's -9

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14

Hero's White -6

My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.

I saw LBC, TLC, SWB, NEMS, Coppermine all play and they are essentially the same teams. All have some very talented players and also some girls who should be on B teams. Note, nothing wrong with being on a B team, I’m thrilled to see them playing an awesome sport.

Biggest surprise is tlc even though they are chasing first win. Not worried about nems, they are well coached and will get better on D which is a major issue this season, they can score a bunch

NEMS/SWB may be the highest scoring 27 game of the season. 2 very good offenses and very bad defenses. Expect to see a score like 16-13 NEMS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 4

Pride -2

Coppermine -2

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3

NEMS -3

Pride -3

Hero's -9

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14

Hero's White -6

NEMS/SWB may be the highest scoring 27 game of the season. 2 very good offenses and very bad defenses. Expect to see a score like 16-13 NEMS

Wonder how many girls will be entering the transfer portal next summer, you might see a team come out of nowhere and challenge top tier.

Don’t see a A+ player going to m&d, they are already stacked but if a few land at same place that team gets very good quickly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.“

BLC is very beatable, they routinely play in tight games. Someone from the mid tier A is going to beat them. Pride came close already

Page 36 of 112 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard