BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 112 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My predictions

Heros G 11, MDU 6 MDU a bit underrated and heros still feeling each other out; probaby nip and tuck for a half
Heros W 18, CC Lax 4 Really depends on how much Heros W plays its starters. Big dropoff on their second line. Could see it closer if Heros calls off dogs early
Cavalier 11, Stars 5 Best player on the field will be the Stars goalie. Next 6 or 7 best players will be on Cavalier who get their first A win.
LBC 12, TLC 4 TLC will win alot of draws which will keep the margin to single digits
NEMS 14, SW 9 SW's offense is much improved, especially with #80; problem is, I'm not sure they can stop anyone
Pride 6, BLC 5 Will likely be played at BLC's tempo, but Pride wins too many draws. If Vegas offered a total, i'd definitely go under.

Best parlay here is Stars taking the points. Did Cavalier get bought by a team we don't know about or added a whole new team? They just got throttled by Pride.

They didn't get throttled. They lost 11-3 and it was a 3 or 4 goal game in the middle of the 2nd half.

Good to know we have a new talking point around scores and close games. 11-3 is considered a close game!

no but there are many levels between getting throttled and a close game. Honestly, 6-8 goal games can be tricky to understnd just based on scores. Some games the losing team never had a chance and many times it was close at half and got out of hand.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Pride beats BLC, it will be a huge win. They've been (BLC) #3 behind the big boys for 4 years, even ahead of them depending on the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

Heros G 11, MDU 6 MDU a bit underrated and heros still feeling each other out; probaby nip and tuck for a half
Heros W 18, CC Lax 4 Really depends on how much Heros W plays its starters. Big dropoff on their second line. Could see it closer if Heros calls off dogs early
Cavalier 11, Stars 5 Best player on the field will be the Stars goalie. Next 6 or 7 best players will be on Cavalier who get their first A win.
LBC 12, TLC 4 TLC will win alot of draws which will keep the margin to single digits
NEMS 14, SW 9 SW's offense is much improved, especially with #80; problem is, I'm not sure they can stop anyone
Pride 6, BLC 5 Will likely be played at BLC's tempo, but Pride wins too many draws. If Vegas offered a total, i'd definitely go under.

Agree with Pride probably winning. Friend of mine has daughter on BLC and they’re still without their best middie who is injured.

You mean your daughter .... "Asking for a freind" LOL
Another BLC parent making excuses again and before a game (pathetic) .... Pride beat BLC 10 - 1 in the fall.... BLC stole the "Hero's best Attack player" during the winter, which I would assume would make BLC much better, but the excuses are still coming. Injuries are part of the game (unfortunately), keep it out of your excuses, try to win and if you don't, then you lost fair and square by a better team.

I think Pride beats BLC in a close game, just because i think Pride is slightly better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody stole anyone. Obviously the player and or parent wasn't happy with the situation, shame it happened mid year but its not like they gave the family cash to leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

Agree with Pride probably winning. Friend of mine has daughter on BLC and they’re still without their best middie who is injured.

You mean your daughter .... "Asking for a freind" LOL
Another BLC parent making excuses again and before a game (pathetic) .... Pride beat BLC 10 - 1 in the fall.... BLC stole the "Hero's best Attack player" during the winter, which I would assume would make BLC much better, but the excuses are still coming. Injuries are part of the game (unfortunately), keep it out of your excuses, try to win and if you don't, then you lost fair and square by a better team.

I think Pride beats BLC in a close game, just because i think Pride is slightly better.

My daughter plays on another club team in Montgomery County. I know BLC well though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how much can I bet on Heros White -7? Line should be closer to 12 or 14. M&D scored 22 and could have had 30 if they wanted.

That CCLax M&D Game went down hill quick, and I think it was over before it was started. Hero's White is not close to M&D, and I don't see the game getting that out of hand. Remember, Hero's White won 1 game in 2021 I believe. CCLax has a few good players that honestly could play on any A team in NGLL.

Um. No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how much can I bet on Heros White -7? Line should be closer to 12 or 14. M&D scored 22 and could have had 30 if they wanted.

That CCLax M&D Game went down hill quick, and I think it was over before it was started. Hero's White is not close to M&D, and I don't see the game getting that out of hand. Remember, Hero's White won 1 game in 2021 I believe. CCLax has a few good players that honestly could play on any A team in NGLL.

Um. No

You obviously don't follow these teams as close as you think you do. Honestly, there are some that are just delusional. You don't think CCLax is sending kids to D1 programs? Take a look.

Kids come and go from all sorts of clubs all the time. M&D and Hero's are great because their top girls are better than other teams top girls, its not because player #22 on the roster is better than player #3 on other A team clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um. No

They have 1 player who could play on any team, but probbaly not start at M&D or Heros. 2 or 3 more that could probably make teams in the bottom half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um. No

You obviously don't follow these teams as close as you think you do. Honestly, there are some that are just delusional. You don't think CCLax is sending kids to D1 programs? Take a look.

Kids come and go from all sorts of clubs all the time. M&D and Hero's are great because their top girls are better than other teams top girls, its not because player #22 on the roster is better than player #3 on other A team clubs.

Name a quality win CCLax has had over past 2 years. Probably beating stars (a team who wont win an NGLL game this year) in the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious...do you learn from winning and losing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um. No

Name a quality win CCLax has had over past 2 years. Probably beating stars (a team who wont win an NGLL game this year) in the fall.

You are confusing team with individual ability.

2-3 very good players aren’t going to get you big wins, but your point is irrelevant because they were playing B teams, can’t have a big win if you only play B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um. No

Well, I see the top teams play every week. The very top. We also stuck around and watched the first half of your game against M&D

And if you think any girl on CC is making Hero's, BLC or M&D you are crazy.

The first half I watched looked like a Rec team playing way out of their depths. The defense didn't have anyone who could stop any of the attack players. I felt bad for the goalie.

Offense was well, pedestrian at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, my kid isn’t on CCLax.

You didn’t watch close but yes, def have one player who could make Heros or M&D. The fact that she didn’t stand out was likely related to not being able to get the ball, there’s 24 kids on that field after all.

There’s a handful of kids on the big three who wouldn’t start on half the NGLL A teams. Ask a Hero’s or M&D or BLC parent and they will back this up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You didn’t watch close but yes, def have one player who could make Heros or M&D. The fact that she didn’t stand out was likely related to not being able to get the ball, there’s 24 kids on that field after all.

There’s a handful of kids on the big three who wouldn’t start on half the NGLL A teams. Ask a Hero’s or M&D or BLC parent and they will back this up.

Just did. They are still laughing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if you look at some of the teams a few of the M&D Heros girls came from just a year or two ago, you’d figure it out.

Tell yourself whatever you need to hear to sleep well at night, remember, if your kid isn’t playing, they are getting noticed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe have been true a year or two ago, but not now. As has been mentioned before, the depth in the 27 class is nowhere near 26 or 25. Still loads of outstanding players, just fewer of them than in prior years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two different things at hand.

The talent depth of M&D and Hero's (can the 22nd player start on BLC NEMS MDU LBC) or the reverse, can the top 2-3 on Coppermine or 1-2 on CClax make a M&D or Hero's Green roster.

At end of day, the 21st 22nd kid on M&D Hero's won't be there in two years. Those rosters aren't for life, someone will get cut or pushed out or leave for lack of PT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The talent depth of M&D and Hero's (can the 22nd player start on BLC NEMS MDU LBC) or the reverse, can the top 2-3 on Coppermine or 1-2 on CClax make a M&D or Hero's Green roster.

At end of day, the 21st 22nd kid on M&D Hero's won't be there in two years. Those rosters aren't for life, someone will get cut or pushed out or leave for lack of PT.

Big differenence between Coppermine and CCLAx. Copper probably has 3-5 who could make a roster (maybe 1 who would start). CCLax probably only one.

regarding your last point, it is really 1 year. Many of the top teams will only have 1 or 2 more cycles of open tryouts. After that, many tryouts are invite only and there is much less roster movement. This is why it will be interesting to see how many BLC girls stay with the club next year. Some will likely stay in the hopes of making Capital, but I think other may try to make the move to SW, M&D or Heros sooner rather than later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, BLC obviously going to be changes from 7th to 8th more than other clubs.

You could also see some bottom A teams lose those 1-2 top kids as well. Thinning of the herd, so to speak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope Pride pulls it out, if only to make things more interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team hopes to turn over their bottom few kids of their roster. It’s ok. There is plenty of room for those kids at Skywalkers.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Every team hopes to turn over their bottom few kids of their roster. It’s ok. There is plenty of room for those kids at Skywalkers.

Next summer and the following to a lesser extent are when teams really shake up and begin to solidify for high school.

I think you will see some of the top players at Coppermine, NEMS, etc start to look around and gravitate towards programs with the history of D1 recruitment.

Saw this twice with my older girls who are now in college and high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters didn’t start looking at other clubs until she was in hs. She ultimately stayed with her club and got plenty of D1 college looks. Of course she also played in the IAAM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

Next summer and the following to a lesser extent are when teams really shake up and begin to solidify for high school.

I think you will see some of the top players at Coppermine, NEMS, etc start to look around and gravitate towards programs with the history of D1 recruitment.

Saw this twice with my older girls who are now in college and high school.

Not sure you will see it with these teams. Coppermine is a good team made up of a group of solid players but no real stand out superstars. Not sure if any will jump to a top team as a starter. NEMS does have 1 or 2 that could jump and start elsewhere. I believe these teams will stay together as solid middle of the pack A teams. SW will fill out with the one or two good players from the bottom A teams or B teams- like TLC, FCA, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

This aged real well....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Cavalier won’t win a game this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS parent here. Credit to Skywalkers. Even though we won, they had massive improvement over last year. SW won't be an easy win for anyone; they can score goals. If they could add a couple defenders and maybe a better goalie, they can compete with anyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

review of my own picks. Thought I did fairly well except for Cavs/Stars also surprised TLC kept it as close as they did.. Missed Pride/BLC but knew it would be a slugfest. From what I heard Heros could have had any more against CCLax if they wanted. Feels like they wont come close to winning a game this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

review of my own picks. Thought I did fairly well except for Cavs/Stars also surprised TLC kept it as close as they did.. Missed Pride/BLC but knew it would be a slugfest. From what I heard Heros could have had any more against CCLax if they wanted. Feels like they wont come close to winning a game this year.

Cavalier won't win a game this year. The score of their game doesn't really tell the story. Surprised at so many people thinking they are the "best" New A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 2

MD United 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green -6
Hero's has played well in this matchup in the past, and I'm not sure anything has changed to effect that. Could be close in first half before Hero's pulls away.

Score: Hero's Green 9-7
Fairly competitive match, sloppy at times. Should build momentum for MDU.

CCLax 27 vs Hero's White 27
Hero's White -7
We need to see if CCLax can bounce back. Hero's really can't afford to go 0-2 at this point and this is a must win game.

Score: Hero's White 11-0
Huge win for HW, seems they controlled this game. CCLax now has to wonder if it will win a game in A.

Cavalier 27 vs Stars Light Blue 27
Cavalier -3
This may shock a few people, I just got a feeling Cavs take this game. Another NoVa matchup here.

Score: Stars 7-5
Hard to say if both teams are solid or both teams not good but we know they are pretty even.

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13
May be a bit high but I expect LBC to come out hard and not let up, and TLC has shown us nothing so far, I'm just expecting a big gap here.

Score: LBC 11-7
Either TLC is much better than we thought, or LBC is struggling. Either way, TLC earned my respect with this score.

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -11
NEMS will want to move on from last week and they get a great team to take out frustrations. Skywalkers can make a statement just keeping this thing from getting away.

Score: NEMS 11-7
Another game I went way too high on the favorite. There is a trend now where there isn't that separation from bottom teams to top teams. I'd love to hear how this game flowed.

M&D Black 27 vs Coppermine Black 27
M&D -9
I saw the summer matchup and it was ugly. We will see how much fight Coppermine has. M&D averaging 22 pts a game is tough for them.

Score: M&D 13-3
M&D is just in its own category right now. Coppermine can bounce back but it won't be such a cakewalk as I thought against SW or TLC.

BLC Blue 27 vs Pride Red 27
BLC -3
If Pride won, I wouldn't fall out of my chair. Both teams I feel continue to get a bit underrated. BLC should pull out in the end. A Pride win puts them squarely into playoff scenario.

Score: BLC 7-6
Another tight game BLC manages to win. They seem to force others to play their game. Not a huge loss for Pride here, they still can make playoffs.

No major takeaways other than CClax is in over its head at moment while Skywalkers seems to have improved measurably.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 2

Hero's Green -6
Hero's has played well in this matchup in the past, and I'm not sure anything has changed to effect that. Could be close in first half before Hero's pulls away.

Hero's White -7
We need to see if CCLax can bounce back. Hero's really can't afford to go 0-2 at this point and this is a must win game.

Huge win for HW, seems they controlled this game. CCLax now has to wonder if it will win a game in A.

Cavalier -3
This may shock a few people, I just got a feeling Cavs take this game. Another NoVa matchup here.

Hard to say if both teams are solid or both teams not good but we know they are pretty even.

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13
May be a bit high but I expect LBC to come out hard and not let up, and TLC has shown us nothing so far, I'm just expecting a big gap here.

Either TLC is much better than we thought, or LBC is struggling. Either way, TLC earned my respect with this score.

NEMS -11
NEMS will want to move on from last week and they get a great team to take out frustrations. Skywalkers can make a statement just keeping this thing from getting away.

Another game I went way too high on the favorite. There is a trend now where there isn't that separation from bottom teams to top teams. I'd love to hear how this game flowed.

M&D -9
I saw the summer matchup and it was ugly. We will see how much fight Coppermine has. M&D averaging 22 pts a game is tough for them.

M&D is just in its own category right now. Coppermine can bounce back but it won't be such a cakewalk as I thought against SW or TLC.

BLC -3
If Pride won, I wouldn't fall out of my chair. Both teams I feel continue to get a bit underrated. BLC should pull out in the end. A Pride win puts them squarely into playoff scenario.

Another tight game BLC manages to win. They seem to force others to play their game. Not a huge loss for Pride here, they still can make playoffs.

No major takeaways other than CClax is in over its head at moment while Skywalkers seems to have improved measurably.

I watched the 2nd half of the SW game. They are much improved. They have 3 or 4 players who can play with anyone. (I assume these players are new because I don't remember playing against them). If they can build around this core they will be very good in a year or two. Not sure I can see them winning many games until their defense improves or they get depth, but I don't see them getting blown out every week like last year.

NEMS has taken a step backwards for sure unless they were missing a lot of players. There is a pretty big gap now between them and MDU,Pride/BLC

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NGLL 2027 Week 2

Hero's Green -6

Hero's White -7

Cavalier -3

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13

NEMS -11

M&D -9

BLC -3

I watched the 2nd half of the SW game. They are much improved. They have 3 or 4 players who can play with anyone. (I assume these players are new because I don't remember playing against them). If they can build around this core they will be very good in a year or two. Not sure I can see them winning many games until their defense improves or they get depth, but I don't see them getting blown out every week like last year.

NEMS has taken a step backwards for sure unless they were missing a lot of players. There is a pretty big gap now between them and MDU,Pride/BLC

I watched both the TLC / LBC and SW / NEMS games.

TLC has some very solid field players and both goalies are good as well. Seem to be well coached and will continue to improve, probably a year away but heading in right direction. LBC looked very beatable and their goalie took a ton of shots.

The SW / NEMS game was fun (both with full rosters), especially in the second half.

Both teams have good Middies / Attackers, NEMS has a very good top 3 players but their D is their Achilles heal.

SW needs help on D, probably had 10-12 unforced turnovers on clears alone, just bad passes that went out of bounds or into traffic. You can't give the ball back that many times and expect to win. Also, they get burned on backdoor cuts a lot.

If SWB can add 4-5 players this summer and move some pieces around, they will be in a very good place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are several "bands" as others have suggested. Each band is separated by 3 goals on average. The goal for each team should be to win their band and attempt to move up to the next band.

Band 1: Hero's + M&D - Would be surprised if either lose to anyone other than themselves.
Band 2: BLC + Pride + LBC + MD United. These teams come close to Band 1 but they are still 2-5 goals behind.
Band 3: NEMS + Coppermine + Integrity + Skywalkers? - Nems & Coppermine used to be in Band 2 but have slipped a little
Band 4: Stars + Cavalier + TLC + Hero's White
Band 5: CCLax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are several "bands" as others have suggested. Each band is separated by 3 goals on average. The goal for each team should be to win their band and attempt to move up to the next band.

Band 1: Hero's + M&D - Would be surprised if either lose to anyone other than themselves.
Band 2: BLC + Pride + LBC + MD United. These teams come close to Band 1 but they are still 2-5 goals behind.
Band 3: NEMS + Coppermine + Integrity + Skywalkers? - Nems & Coppermine used to be in Band 2 but have slipped a little
[quote=Anonymous]There are several "bands" as others have suggested. Each band is separated by 3 goals on average. The goal for each team should be to win their band and attempt to move up to the next band.

Well put. Fully agree except I would put LBC in band 3. Maybe a band 3.5 with SWB and Heros White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cavalier is in Band 5. The rest looks good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 2

Hero's Green -6

Hero's White -7

Cavalier -3

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13

NEMS -11

M&D -9

BLC -3

TLC has some very solid field players and both goalies are good as well. Seem to be well coached and will continue to improve, probably a year away but heading in right direction. LBC looked very beatable and their goalie took a ton of shots.

The SW / NEMS game was fun (both with full rosters), especially in the second half.

Both teams have good Middies / Attackers, NEMS has a very good top 3 players but their D is their Achilles heal.

SW needs help on D, probably had 10-12 unforced turnovers on clears alone, just bad passes that went out of bounds or into traffic. You can't give the ball back that many times and expect to win. Also, they get burned on backdoor cuts a lot.

If SWB can add 4-5 players this summer and move some pieces around, they will be in a very good place.

Great Summary. I imagine if you combine SWB and TLC, you would have a top 6 team. (which will likely happen on its own over the next 2 summers).

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NGLL 2027 Week 2

Hero's Green -6

Hero's White -7

Cavalier -3

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13

NEMS -11

M&D -9

BLC -3

Great Summary. I imagine if you combine SWB and TLC, you would have a top 6 team. (which will likely happen on its own over the next 2 summers).

If I am a top player from NEMS, TLC, Coppermine or bottom of A roster from BLC, M&D or Heroes, I am looking hard at SWB.

The program has a history of recruiting excellence, get in now before its too late.

Wild card will be Coppermine and if the Hopkins coach is really taking over to lead their recruiting next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There are several "bands" as others have suggested. Each band is separated by 3 goals on average. The goal for each team should be to win their band and attempt to move up to the next band.

Well put. Fully agree except I would put LBC in band 3. Maybe a band 3.5 with SWB and Heros White.

LBC is in Band 2 until they play themselves out of it, let's not forget they beat Hero's Green in the fall.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

LBC is in Band 2 until they play themselves out of it, let's not forget they beat Hero's Green in the fall.

Agree, it was pretty cold / windy / miserable yesterday so not sure that was their best effort. That said, TLC Red played really well and have some players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like to call them Tiers:

Tier 1:
M&D - They are alone at this point

Tier 2:
Hero's Green - I think they got some of the rust off against a tough MDU team
BLC - Huge game against HG this week.

Tier 3:
Pride
LBC
MD United
All three really good teams with solid wins on resume, likely only 1 make playoffs

Tier 4:
NEMS
Coppermine
Agree with previous comments, they are fading. Fall 2020 NEMS beat M&D soundly. Coppermine continues to unimpress.

Tier 5:
Hero's White
Integrity
Skywalkers
This is assuming SW really improved, I'll guess we will find out soon.

Tier 6
Stars
Cavalier
TLC
They aren't really able to compete just yet.

Tier 7
CCLax
I expected a better showing, the game obviously much faster than they are used to but I see them salvaging things here in April.

Page 34 of 112 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard