BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 112 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine Indoor not keeping scores? I'd be curious to know how those games go, of course, its much different than field and now is the time to play different kids and experiment some.

Doesn't look like Tourney Machine is being updated but I do know these results from last weekend.

Hero's Green 28 > Crush 27
SW Blue 27 > Coppermine 28 Black

Not sure about Next Level / SW Blue 28, I only watched first half

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW Blue beat Coppermine 28? Sounds hard to believe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did beat Coppermine 28. Talking to a 28 mom, the girls had a really bad game. They were off the whole game.

Interested to see how everyone did this weekend. I am pretty sure NEMS 27 and Heros 27 Green dominated both of the 26 teams they played last weekend.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Beat em by 4.

They also beat M&D 28 black a few weeks ago in outdoor.

Granted these are younger teams but are top five for that age group.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

They did beat Coppermine 28. Talking to a 28 mom, the girls had a really bad game. They were off the whole game.

I think Coppermine thought they were just going to show up and roll em like they did a few weeks prior (SW turned ball over a ton in that game) but instead got punched in face and didn't recover. Wasn't surprised at outcome, the indoor game is another world and crazy things can happen.

Was more surprised when SWB 27 beat M&D Black 28 in outdoor a week after getting smoked by Coppermine 28B. If you don't turn ball over your team will have a shot in almost any game, looks like new coaching staff is paying dividends.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that's wild, maybe SW Blue 27 improved greatly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interested to see how everyone did this weekend. I am pretty sure NEMS 27 and Heros 27 Green dominated both of the 26 teams they played last weekend.

Keep in mind they played legends and rise respectively which really glorified rec. heroes plays Coppermine 26s next weekend which should be a very competitive game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that's wild, maybe SW Blue 27 improved greatly.

Um....no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind they played legends and rise respectively which really glorified rec. heroes plays Coppermine 26s next weekend which should be a very competitive game.

Heros 27 played Coppermine 26 yesterday. They handily beat Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to be fair they were playing Rise and Legends who are basically rec teams. Playing NEMS 26 this week will be a better test.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any guess where the AU Futures summer camp will be this year? It still says TBD on the website. Only "mid atlantic region" as the descriptor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any guess where the AU Futures summer camp will be this year? It still says TBD on the website. Only "mid atlantic region" as the descriptor

They are trying to get same location (sportplex in gaithesburg) as last year, but haven't been able to confirm. Heard 2nd choice is the big complex in delaware

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson area

Yes, I heard University of Towson will be involved.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

They are trying to get same location (sportplex in gaithesburg) as last year, but haven't been able to confirm. Heard 2nd choice is the big complex in delaware

My daughters both did this camp last summer, it was solid but nothing great.

It was also right after a very busy summer tournament, most of the girls were burnt out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

My daughters both did this camp last summer, it was solid but nothing great.

It was also right after a very busy summer tournament, most of the girls were burnt out.

I expect to be better if for no other reason than tryouts. There were a few girls who were a bit over their head, especially with combining the 27/28 group last year.

I also am hoping for more coaching and at the very least, keep the same coach throughout the camp rather than rotating, where the kids were making the lineups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is AU Futures really considering Towson University as a location to hold the event this summer? Or is this just wishful thinking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, the four playoff teams went a combined 27-5.

With 6 teams in playoffs, could be a lot more opportunity for a mid tier A team to make some noise.

Any ideas outside the Big-3 (M&D, Hero's, BLC) who the other 3 teams could be?

I'm going LBC, MDU and Pride. (obviously schedule will change this)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, the four playoff teams went a combined 27-5.

With 6 teams in playoffs, could be a lot more opportunity for a mid tier A team to make some noise.

Any ideas outside the Big-3 (M&D, Hero's, BLC) who the other 3 teams could be?

I'm going LBC, MDU and Pride. (obviously schedule will change this)

Pretty accurate. Although with a full squad NEMS will be in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC doesn’t belong with the other two. Pride beat them pretty well earlier this fall. I expect a drop off from BLC if their performance in Orlando at Eye of the Hurricane is an indication of where they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC doesn’t belong with the other two. Pride beat them pretty well earlier this fall. I expect a drop off from BLC if their performance in Orlando at Eye of the Hurricane is an indication of where they are.

They lost to a good 26 team and lost to the then #1 2027 team in the country by 1. I'd say they will be just fine.

If anyone thinks BLC isn't a top 3 or 4 team in the area, you'd be mistaken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost to a good 26 team and lost to the then #1 2027 team in the country by 1. I'd say they will be just fine.

Question should be, is this the last BLC team and the program ends at the 27 group? Chatter is that the younger teams have all broken apart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say M&D, Heros and BLC are locks for the playoffs, outside of those, 5 teams (Pride, MDU, LBC, Coppermine NEMS) have realistic shot at the last 3 spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We actually should be better than last year. Hero’s best player now plays for BLC! BLCwill be right there contending for the title

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We actually should be better than last year. Hero’s best player now plays for BLC! BLCwill be right there contending for the title

So your daughter left Heros for BLC, what was your justification?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They tied pride in winter league and won the rest of their games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its indoor so the game is obviously different without the draw. But Tourney Machine says BLC went 1-0-1 against Pride at St James league. They are evenly matched when they have all of their players playing. They are #3 and #4 in NGLL in no particular order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its indoor so the game is obviously different without the draw. But Tourney Machine says BLC went 1-0-1 against Pride at St James league. They are evenly matched when they have all of their players playing. They are #3 and #4 in NGLL in no particular order.

What's the rationale for putting Pride above LBC and MDU? To me, those three are interchangeable. I'd even put NEMS into the mix there.
Coppermine is going to have a make or break season, they had brutal schedule in Fall, so hard to gauge their team on that. On and off summer tournament showings too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your daughter left Heros for BLC, what was your justification?

What I have gathered from the BLC fall and winter results with and without their new best player, they will beat the weaker team soundly, but they fall apart against competitive teams, so yes they will make a local 6 team playoff, but I doubt we will see them in the Semifinals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting stuff, as the reverse occurred at the 28 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC 27 also lost one of their top players this summer for Heros so that part was left off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC 27 also lost one of their top players this summer for Heros so that part was left off.

The parents are the issue with the new BLC player. Huge parent problem and it won't take long for BLC to see what a bad fit they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious as to why there is so much discounting of NEMS and even Coppermine when they both had better NGLL 21 seasons that LBC, Pride, or Maryland United. It looks like Coppermine beat LBC 12 to 3 in the season and NEMS beat them too. What am I missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the rationale for putting Pride above LBC and MDU? To me, those three are interchangeable. I'd even put NEMS into the mix there.
Coppermine is going to have a make or break season, they had brutal schedule in Fall, so hard to gauge their team on that. On and off summer tournament showings too.

Its just my opinion. Eye-test I guess. Pride looked better in the Fall. BLC is still a very good team despite a handful of parents who don't want to admit it. Maybe their daughters used to play for BLC, who knows?

Depending on how the divisions are set up I would say NEMS, LBC and MDU all have very solid chances of making the 6 team playoff too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its just my opinion. Eye-test I guess. Pride looked better in the Fall. BLC is still a very good team despite a handful of parents who don't want to admit it. Maybe their daughters used to play for BLC, who knows?

Depending on how the divisions are set up I would say NEMS, LBC and MDU all have very solid chances of making the 6 team playoff too.

For me, MDU has always been the wildcard at this age. They have put together some great wins and some unexplainable losses.

At their best they can play with anyone, but they can also lose to much inferior teams. On paper, they should be a top 4 team (better than pride, lbc or NEMS) , but there are always a few random bad games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious as to why there is so much discounting of NEMS and even Coppermine when they both had better NGLL 21 seasons that LBC, Pride, or Maryland United. It looks like Coppermine beat LBC 12 to 3 in the season and NEMS beat them too. What am I missing?

Fair point but Coppermine, although they went 5-3, they beat the two worst teams (FCA/SW BLue) and avoided M&D, MDU and Pride. At best 2-1, likely 1-2 against those teams.

Also some real loopsided losses over Summer, 1-10 to YJA, Pride 5-12, 4-16 Heros Green.
Yet they beat YJA 6-5 too so they were all over the place.

NEMS, they have a few solid players, one real good player but again, they didn't have to play M&D or BLC in NGLL, also got to play bottom two teams in NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents are the issue with the new BLC player. Huge parent problem and it won't take long for BLC to see what a bad fit they are.

Just based on talent, BLC got the better end of the deal. She was certainly Hero's best frontline player. But Hero's still has a lot of good players. They will be fine. BLC will be fine.

There are parents on every team that have issues. I see it at every tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just based on talent, BLC got the better end of the deal. She was certainly Hero's best frontline player. But Hero's still has a lot of good players. They will be fine. BLC will be fine.

There are parents on every team that have issues. I see it at every tournament.

I'd agree with this a few years ago. She is good, but physically those around her and against her are catching up or caught up. Again, she's a good player and helps BLC but Hero's really won't miss with the other scorers, esp with the former BLC girl now involved more and more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question should be, is this the last BLC team and the program ends at the 27 group? Chatter is that the younger teams have all broken apart.

Wow, I didn’t realize that things were so gloomy for the younger teams. Are they in NGLL? Are Next Level and Pride cutting into their talent pool for those teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC is closer to the other 4-5 teams already mentioned (LBC, NEMS, Pride, MDU, etc.) than Hero's Green or M&D. Those two are in a class of their own. Maybe someone will scare them in the NGLL this year, but probably not...

Page 26 of 112 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard