BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 71 72
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Boys from the class of 2027 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks tryouts this weekend. I wonder if it will be a big turnout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Hawks? They lost two yesterday. I saw them play FCA and they got smoked. Did they lose some players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played in the 2026AA bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

THIS^^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they played on age...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so they played on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS^^^^^^^^^

I was at the tournament. I don't know how they came up with the bracket designations for 2026 because the kids were the same in both. If the Hawks 2027 were playing on age in a 2026 bracket then that is a really small team. They were definitely out-sized and out-skilled for the most part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 Hawks would have run through the 2027 bracket. Kudos to them for playing up. I know some parents from that Hawks team. They have 2 holdbacks total. 2. They start 2 2028’s! So I guess they cancel each other out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Solid team. I think we need to distinguish whether a kid is 2028 in their schooling or age. If they were born before Sept 2009 and after August 2008 then they were meant to be a 2027, at least in MD public school. They may be a different year academic wise, up or down, and that's just their journey. If they are actually younger then Aug 2009 that is a difficult feat. Otherwise I would question saying that 2028s are starting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team takes on the challenge and plays up to improve themselves. What comes out of it? The whining about what kids are on the proper class year or not. Please leave the hold back none sense behind and let kids be kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When other club sports like soccer are strict on this why is pointing this discrepancy in lacrosse nonsense. I've seen well talented kids kicked off their club team when a kid plays down takes their place. And parents who brag that their kids are playing up in club when actually playing in the right age group, not school year, are right to be called out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apples and oranges. You play by the rules set up by the organizers. Luckily, there are plenty of options in lacrosse in the form of USL sanctioned tournaments and A and B level tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When other club sports like soccer are strict on this why is pointing this discrepancy in lacrosse nonsense. I've seen well talented kids kicked off their club team when a kid plays down takes their place. And parents who brag that their kids are playing up in club when actually playing in the right age group, not school year, are right to be called out.

Fighting a losing battle. The holdbacks won. If you can, reclass. Do it . You will competing more and more with players getting an age advantage most dont get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fighting a losing battle. The holdbacks won. If you can, reclass. Do it . You will competing more and more with players getting an age advantage most dont get.

And in Maryland, you have very little chance of playing at a high level unless held back. Too many private school holdbacks/prefirsts to compete against. By the time you get to High School and caught up with them physically, it will be to late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's your point, don't play? There are only 2 holdbacks on the 27 hawks and they aren't the best players. Those kids play a LOT of lacrosse, maybe they are good because they put in more effort?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's your point, don't play? There are only 2 holdbacks on the 27 hawks and they aren't the best players. Those kids play a LOT of lacrosse, maybe they are good because they put in more effort?

Keep dreaming, in next two years it will be holdbacks/prefirst/reclass dominating most top teams, along with the players born Sept-Dec who werent held back.

Sorry, It is just the way it is in MD and Northeast....and now in many other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreaming? That's a fact 2, hold backs on that team and 2 who are playing up. They are clearly one of the best teams right now, I don't care if kids get held back or not. My point was that the 27 Hawks are not "full of holdbacks" which is the common theme above.

Again, what's the point? Reclass or not you can be good even playing against hold backs, seems like an excuse to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreaming? That's a fact 2, hold backs on that team and 2 who are playing up. They are clearly one of the best teams right now, I don't care if kids get held back or not. My point was that the 27 Hawks are not "full of holdbacks" which is the common theme above.

Again, what's the point? Reclass or not you can be good even playing against hold backs, seems like an excuse to me.

You obviously have not been thru the grind in last 5 years with respect to lacrosse played from 8-12th grade. Just wait until Puberty hits and many of your on age players are passed by holdbacks hitting puberty earlier and others that puberty has propelled along. Then it will be,,I got to do something, Johnny cant compete, These next few years are the big years to establish yourself, and being older works.

From 6 to 9th grade the lacrosse world changes. Reclass is on the way for many who really want to play on a top HS team. Sorry, No other way for many. 5-9 to 5-11 lacrosse player does not work on age for top HS or club teams. If your goal is Towson HS, you are ok, If your goal is MIAA, Dont even think on age will work. It wont for majority of players. The best teams starters are those same prefirst/holdbacks/reclassed everyone complains about and says will not make it. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep dreaming, in next two years it will be holdbacks/prefirst/reclass dominating most top teams, along with the players born Sept-Dec who werent held back.

Sorry, It is just the way it is in MD and Northeast....and now in many other areas.
So now we are grouping Sept-Dec birthdays in with holdbacks? You are truly pathetic. I feel very sorry for your player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now we are grouping Sept-Dec birthdays in with holdbacks? You are truly pathetic. I feel very sorry for your player.

I see you missed out on reading comprehension in school. Easy to comprehend your player is a holdback who couldn't make it on age. Your player will always carry the holdback badge with him. Well done.

Might want to read Malcolm Gladwell's book " Outliers ". It will help with understanding Sept-Dec birthdays. But first take a refresher course in reading comprehension.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound bitter...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Team MD pushing that they won an elite tournament for 26 and 27s? The 26 "elite" won in the B division and the 27 won against teams that were taken down easily by A teams last year. Great job winning a tournament. Simmer down now and come back with real elite wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Team MD pushing that they won an elite tournament for 26 and 27s? The 26 "elite" won in the B division and the 27 won against teams that were taken down easily by A teams last year. Great job winning a tournament. Simmer down now and come back with real elite wins.

Chill out Dad... let them have their moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you even have to ask ??? " Give it to the 9th grader "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Heard Team MD is cleaning up at Young Gunz and beat Hawks... What is going on with the Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol the Hawks are 3-0 heading into day 2 and beat team md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD appears to have had a good showing. The Crabs are not as consistent as they have been in the past especially with all the new looney players (hint, stop carrying your looneys bag around). Team MD has a game against Madlax this afternoon. If they can keep the score close that'll be impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score looks decent. Have not heard how the game play went.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD appears to have had a good showing. The Crabs are not as consistent as they have been in the past especially with all the new looney players (hint, stop carrying your looneys bag around). Team MD has a game against Madlax this afternoon. If they can keep the score close that'll be impressive.
Usually Team MD is a bunch of trophy hunters, playing down to look better, but this team is decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat MadLax by three and lost to the Hawks by one. Sounds pretty decent to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat MadLax by three and lost to the Hawks by one. Sounds pretty decent to me.

I disagree. The sum doesn’t equal the parts. On the contrary, these two teams are on a crash course to meet again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t get what you disagree with, and which two teams are on course to meet again?
I was responding to the poster who said that Team MD are trophy hunters who play down in weak events. My point was that they went 1-1 in close games with Hawks and MadLax, two extremely strong teams, and therefore should be a strong team too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good showing. Don't know the current size of the hawks 27 but heat mgmt has to be an issue if they're playing few players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody played in the same heat and nobody had a small roster. Hard to see how conditions favor one team over another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that Hawks team pretty well, normally they don't sub attack and d but they have middies for days. When their first and 3rd middies look the same it's a problem. They are a very deep team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They seemed to have kept their roster over the years. I've heard of more movement in other years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was responding to the poster who said that Team MD are trophy hunters who play down in weak events. My point was that they went 1-1 in close games with Hawks and MadLax, two extremely strong teams, and therefore should be a strong team too.
What I said was that Team MD as a program "usually" plays down at weaker events. Any program that brags about an "elite" team winning the B division of any tournament by a combined score of 46-6 is definitely trophy hunting. No team playing in a B division should be that out of balance.

What I also said was that 27 team is decent. In fact, they probably border on legit. They will likely compete in at least AA in HoCo next year. And good for them.

But that doesn't change the fact that overall this program trophy hunts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatever, but I have not seen very many Hoco AA teams who beat Madlax or come within one of Hawks; that's all I'm saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard what is going on with BLC? They've been very quiet this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard what is going on with BLC? They've been very quiet this summer.

True. I haven’t seen them in any of the tournaments. They did relatively well last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they're busy reshuffling players into blue and orange groups apparently. Welcome back, you're demoted! It was funny they weren't at NAL (the 27s) and not at summer exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatever, but I have not seen very many Hoco AA teams who beat Madlax or come within one of Hawks; that's all I'm saying.

And that is all that needs to be said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they're busy reshuffling players into blue and orange groups apparently. Welcome back, you're demoted! It was funny they weren't at NAL (the 27s) and not at summer exposure.

Hearing rumors that blue imploded after the coach quit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok thanks. They were very good in last year's hoco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a losing record is very good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not very good in HoCo. The coach's kid left MD and the remaining hub of MD parents now had the ability to speak out against the coach without fear of losing playing time or sucking up to him. They were also bad last summer beating up teams in a B tournament and had losing records for the other tournaments they entered. I think they may have even left a tournament this summer mid games. The team is way too MD centric and maybe now BLC can try and have an honest daddy ball tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought they played relatively well at NLF last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought they played relatively well at NLF last summer.

Meh - lost to probably the top 2 orgs on the east coast but got blown out in 2 of the 3. Beat a terrible team and barely beat the other. With a team stacked with well over 50% of the roster having birthdays before 9/1, they should be much better. Maybe the coaching change and a lineup shuffle will help but most likely the MD parents will continue to influence this roster until it goes to DCE and then it will be broken up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a lot of shuffling between madlax, bethesda and next level. haven't seen much of next level 27 either this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax collects that $$ and plays lots of tournaments and practiced all during the quarantine period. Next Level and BLC had their June and July tournaments either cancel or get postponed. NL is practicing and will end up playing a couple and BLC called it a summer several weeks ago. BLC has deep pockets but seems to be in the most disarray,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds right. That you're guranteed a spot at BLC but it could be blue or orange looked rough. NL or BLC not at summer exposure and then I'd be surprised if BLC is still in the millon invitational. For 27 I don't think we'll see a lot of surprises at summer exposure this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL will be at million though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the typical age argument, my son has been playing up since he started playing. He typically plays mid atlantic circuit. He is a 2028 but plays 2027 A level and I feel like that is the correct level for his team. My question is, how old are these kids typically? This past weekend at summer exposure there appeared to be kids that look like they should be in HS all over the place. We dont see 12 year olds in any sport that requires age verification look like that in Pa, and that is across multiple counties. I don't want to come off like I am complaining but just trying to get a better understanding on how badly the age/grad year system is abused in these tourneys. As far as I know they are allowed to have just turned 12. Is it typical to see 6 foot tall 150-175 kids that are fully developed physically?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the typical age argument, my son has been playing up since he started playing. He typically plays mid atlantic circuit. He is a 2028 but plays 2027 A level and I feel like that is the correct level for his team. My question is, how old are these kids typically? This past weekend at summer exposure there appeared to be kids that look like they should be in HS all over the place. We dont see 12 year olds in any sport that requires age verification look like that in Pa, and that is across multiple counties. I don't want to come off like I am complaining but just trying to get a better understanding on how badly the age/grad year system is abused in these tourneys. As far as I know they are allowed to have just turned 12. Is it typical to see 6 foot tall 150-175 kids that are fully developed physically?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most tournaments have no restriction other then grad year so you could see kids +1,+2 older then a typical rising 6th grader. Many of the private schools push for a pre-1st or double 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is to say they are even in the current grade they are playing at? Is anything verified at all? Sounds like a free for all to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027s should be 10 to start the year in September and 11 by the summer. There should be very few 12 year olds, any 12 year olds in 5th grade have been held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I'm not sure what made sports like soccer so much stricter on age. US lacrosse doesn't seem to really tackle this issue. Older kids help teams win and that helps teams attract kids. Most parents want their kids at least playing with their own grade. Clubs also seem to want to meet the letter of the law in having kids in their grade groups so it's not called out too bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027s should be 10 to start the year in September and 11 by the summer. There should be very few 12 year olds, any 12 year olds in 5th grade have been held back.

I'd be surprised to learn if there are elite teams that wouldn't accept a kid in his grade regardless of age. They may ask him to play up if capable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not very good in HoCo. The coach's kid left MD and the remaining hub of MD parents now had the ability to speak out against the coach without fear of losing playing time or sucking up to him. They were also bad last summer beating up teams in a B tournament and had losing records for the other tournaments they entered. I think they may have even left a tournament this summer mid games. The team is way too MD centric and maybe now BLC can try and have an honest daddy ball tryout.

I assume that was Walsh since only Fritiz is listed now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I'm not sure what made sports like soccer so much stricter on age. US lacrosse doesn't seem to really tackle this issue. Older kids help teams win and that helps teams attract kids. Most parents want their kids at least playing with their own grade. Clubs also seem to want to meet the letter of the law in having kids in their grade groups so it's not called out too bad.
I have never seen proof of grade even addressed at this level. My son is always one of the 2 or 3 biggest players on the field and admittedly looks older than a 2027, but he turned 11 in May and has always been 97th-99th percentile in height and is just developing early. Opposing parents cry non-stop that he "must be 13" claim he is playing down etc. but I have never been asked for proof of him having just finished 5th grade, nor has our coach been asked (outside of the casual...is he really a 2027 question from the other team). We have always carried his birth certificate in case restaurants try and keep him off the kids menu, but not an issue in lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never seen proof of grade even addressed at this level. My son is always one of the 2 or 3 biggest players on the field and admittedly looks older than a 2027, but he turned 11 in May and has always been 97th-99th percentile in height and is just developing early. Opposing parents cry non-stop that he "must be 13" claim he is playing down etc. but I have never been asked for proof of him having just finished 5th grade, nor has our coach been asked (outside of the casual...is he really a 2027 question from the other team). We have always carried his birth certificate in case restaurants try and keep him off the kids menu, but not an issue in lax.

You are the rarity, most larger than life players are prefirst or holdbacks. It really has gotten out of hand now as the pie is only so big for the many skilled High School players now. Years ago, it was MD up Mass prep schools and Long Island public/caholic schools feeding the college Lacrosse world...No more..way to many players from everywhere, prefirst/reclass/holdback are epidemic now without age gudelines. USL is in Baltimore surrounded by Private schools..They are useless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the rarity, most larger than life players are prefirst or holdbacks. It really has gotten out of hand now as the pie is only so big for the many skilled High School players now. Years ago, it was MD up Mass prep schools and Long Island public/caholic schools feeding the college Lacrosse world...No more..way to many players from everywhere, prefirst/reclass/holdback are epidemic now without age gudelines. USL is in Baltimore surrounded by Private schools..They are useless.[/quote]
I understand and agree I am the rarity (Not trying to be a donk, but that’s why I put height percentile). I’d love for lax to be by age as it is the right/fair thing, but it’s not. It hurts my own kid, but given his academic and social standing I’d never stunt his life growth for lax. Plus, if I have that much of an issue I can play him in all the other rational non-school sports that have age cutoffs. I know you’ll say if my kid was small I’d feel different, but I don’t think I would. You deal with what’s in place and don’t cry about what you can’t control. Step up
or give up, your call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]they're busy reshuffling players into blue and orange groups apparently. Welcome back, you're demoted! It was funny they weren't at NAL (the 27s) and not at summer exposure.

Hearing

Yes and I think Walsh is trying to move a bunch of kids to ML in exchange for what, I don't know. ML's current 27 coaches are pretty good. Maybe Walsh thinks he can create a new DC Dogs team. BLC 2027 teams should have a whole new look this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]they're busy reshuffling players into blue and orange groups apparently. Welcome back, you're demoted! It was funny they weren't at NAL (the 27s) and not at summer exposure.

Hearing

Yes and I think Walsh is trying to move a bunch of kids to ML in exchange for what, I don't know. ML's current 27 coaches are pretty good. Maybe Walsh thinks he can create a new DC Dogs team. BLC 2027 teams should have a whole new look this year.

That'll be interesting. I"m not aware of one but it would interesting to see a club that has two elite teams at the same grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hearing

That'll be interesting. I"m not aware of one but it would interesting to see a club that has two elite teams at the same grade.

I wouldn't exactly call the BLC team elite. How is the 2023 DMV MadLax team? They were the Capital team before getting shoved aside. T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he around 5'10" to 6' tall 150-175lbs with defined muscular physique? Seems crazy for 11 to 12 year olds to be fully grown already. Just curious what 99th percentile at that age really is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's that time of year... a group of kids move up to middle school and they start to deal with the whole "holdback" issue. And people complain that US Lacrosse doesn't do anything about it.

Well, US Lacrosse can't really do anything about it, except at tournaments they sanction. They have put forward recommended age groupings, but unless a tournament follows US Lacrosse's rules and goes through the hoops to get sanctioned, it doesn't really mean anything. Most don't.

The "elite" teams are always (at least around here) going to be filled with holdbacks. But there are plenty of teams that aren't.

If you really care about that sort of thing, play for a team that goes to sanctioned tournaments. I'll warn you though... there aren't that many around here. It's not going to change until teams stop playing in tournaments and leagues where this happens. And guess what? They're not going to stop. Is it cheating? No... it's playing within the rules as set forth by the league or tournament. Is it gaming the system? Maybe, if coaches are recruiting those types of players in order to "look better."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the scores from today's HoCo games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams won, some teams lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams won, some teams lost.
Are they not keeping scores? Is it win/lose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone doing the metro box league? Hoping it gets enough players and teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the Metro Box League? Link?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the Metro Box League? Link?
http://www.mabll.com/Default.asp?org=dcbll.mobi

The arrows are one team https://spark.adobe.com/page/wWa73jc5Yc79A/ and another is warthogs https://www.warthogslacrosse.com/ . I think they have some type of partnership going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, rough day for Crabs and Bethesda blue at Fall Brawl today. Roster changes I assume!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suspect the Crabs are having problems because they took on about 6-7 Looney's players and have just too many players on the roster to form any kind of cohesion. BLC's A team walked out at the end of the summer and most went to MadLax where they now have a gigantic roster but switch a bunch of kids between A and B depending on tournament and availability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL Rankings coming out this week..

My take on the top 10

1. Madlax(VA)
2. 91 Machine(NY)
3. Next Level(MD)
4. Hawks(MD)
5. TommyKnockers(CO)
6. WCS(CA)
7. Laxachusetts(Mass)
8. Nationals(USA)
9. Sweetlax(FLA)
10. PA Roughriders(PA)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because there was so little inter-regional play this summer and fall, I would imagine the clubs in your ranking are correct but the regions will be shuffled lower and higher. For example, NL and Hawks will slide lower and TK, WCS and Sweetlax will go higher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because there was so little inter-regional play this summer and fall, I would imagine the clubs in your ranking are correct but the regions will be shuffled lower and higher. For example, NL and Hawks will slide lower and TK, WCS and Sweetlax will go higher.
Why are 91 and Hawks not 1/2? They are easily the best two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks barely played this summer and fall, lost several kids and lost to Next Level 2x in the same tournament without Next Level's best players. Machine didn't play much either, split with the Hawks last summer and got blown out in the 2nd of those games.
Madlax combined with a pretty good BLC team to form a really good team and beat everyone they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks barely played this summer and fall, lost several kids and lost to Next Level 2x in the same tournament without Next Level's best players. Machine didn't play much either, split with the Hawks last summer and got blown out in the 2nd of those games.
Madlax combined with a pretty good BLC team to form a really good team and beat everyone they played.

Correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My take on the top 10

1. Madlax(VA)
2. 91 Machine(NY)
3. Next Level(MD)
4. Hawks(MD)
5. TommyKnockers(CO)
6. WCS(CA)
7. Laxachusetts(Mass)
8. Nationals(USA)
9. Sweetlax(FLA)
10. PA Roughriders(PA)

Club nationals are taking place this weekend and Madlax won't be number #1 if they don't win it. So far, Nationals look like they should be at or near the top. Madlax is also losing more of the BLC players and some of last year's roster. It's looking like that move was very short-sighted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game 1
Nationals LC- 10
West Coast Stars- 2

Game 2
Nationals LC- 12
T91 Nationals- 2

Game 3
Nationals LC- 13
Madlax- 2

Game 4
Nationals- 10
True Nat- 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My take on the top 10

1. Madlax(VA)
2. 91 Machine(NY)
3. Next Level(MD)
4. Hawks(MD)
5. TommyKnockers(CO)
6. WCS(CA)
7. Laxachusetts(Mass)
8. Nationals(USA)
9. Sweetlax(FLA)
10. PA Roughriders(PA)

Club nationals are taking place this weekend and Madlax won't be number #1 if they don't win it. So far, Nationals look like they should be at or near the top. Madlax is also losing more of the BLC players and some of last year's roster. It's looking like that move was very short-sighted.

Nationals destroyed Madlax today. It was ugly and could have been worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My take on the top 10

1. Madlax(VA)
2. 91 Machine(NY)
3. Next Level(MD)
4. Hawks(MD)
5. TommyKnockers(CO)
6. WCS(CA)
7. Laxachusetts(Mass)
8. Nationals(USA)
9. Sweetlax(FLA)
10. PA Roughriders(PA)

Looks like they destroyed West Coast Starz too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My take on the top 10

1. Madlax(VA)
2. 91 Machine(NY)
3. Next Level(MD)
4. Hawks(MD)
5. TommyKnockers(CO)
6. WCS(CA)
7. Laxachusetts(Mass)
8. Nationals(USA)
9. Sweetlax(FLA)
10. PA Roughriders(PA)

Looks like they destroyed West Coast Starz too

With those kind of scores I have to question if the starters for these teams went.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]With those kind of scores I have to question if the starters for these teams went.[quote]

Ridiculous. You play against the team that shows up. Madlax brought their best possible DC roster and even posted it on their site. Nationals are a true National team taking the best from teams like the Hawks and other regional teams. I don't know if USCL should rank them against clubs like ML and Hawks but they do.

1. Nationals
2. 91 Machine
3. MadLax
4. Laxachusetts
5. Next Level
6. HawksWCS(CA)
7. West Coast Stz
8. Tommyknockers
9. Sweetlax(FLA)
10. PA Roughriders(PA)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the other team was just better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see where uscl ranks 2027 teams. The rankings on their website seem to stop at 2026. Also, from the looks of tourney machine it appears the "club nationals" in Florida only had 7 teams in it at this age group. Not much to go off of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals is a tournament team only... Not a true club team. ML is the capital team. You don't have Advanced from Northern Cali on your list. Great team with annoying parents. The ML Capital team went like 20-1 in the fall. It is truly a better team with all the BLC players. It will take time for the kids to mesh. Old and new Coaches still learning kids. Kids that might leave bc of playing will not be lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the number of teams present have to do with it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the previous posts implied there was some type of important "Club National" event this weekend. It couldn't be that meaningful with 7 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA Roughriders combine with Mesa at big tournaments so it depends on what team shows up to how good they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion National teams should not be in club ranked with the local teams. Those rankings should be for teams made up of kids that are in 100 miles from home club. Love to hear an argument for this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals is a tournament team only... Not a true club team. ML is the capital team. You don't have Advanced from Northern Cali on your list. Great team with annoying parents. The ML Capital team went like 20-1 in the fall. It is truly a better team with all the BLC players. It will take time for the kids to mesh. Old and new Coaches still learning kids. Kids that might leave bc of playing will not be lost.

Whatever. Sub Advanced for some west coast team then. Or do the same for True Illinois or a Carolina Team. The kids played so little the rankings will be a representation of the major clubs across the country with a little shuffling here and there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lax Rankings hit the street today.

1. Team 91 Machine
2. Eclipse Black
3. MadLax Capital
4. SweetLax NY
5. NextLevel Blue
6. Hawks Green
7. Nationals L.C.
8. Express Haugen
9. Team 91 Rage
10. Aqua Hounds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice nod to the NY teams who are part of the USCL web site. I'm not sure why they didn't wait or take into account their own tournament this past weekend. Nationals should be #1 but they are a true national touring team and not a club. Madlax played a ton and only lost 2 games in the fall and winter. We'll see if they keep the roster together come spring and summer. The rest is a scramble and will sort itself out over spring and summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems pretty clear that Madlax, Next Level, and Hawks are the best three teams in this region. As between the MD/VA teams and the NY teams it’s tough to tell until they play this summer. Because there wasn’t much play between the regions this fall, the RPI style us club rankings don’t work as well to sort between regions. But if more play between different regions is allowed this summer, you’ll see more accurate rankings from the US Club rankings. Small sample size and lack of regional play and not a conspiracy between Team 91 and US Club account for the somewhat random rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Team 91 Machine
2. Eclipse Black
3. MadLax Capital
4. SweetLax NY
5. NextLevel Blue
6. Hawks Green
7. Nationals L.C.
8. Express Haugen
9. Team 91 Rage
10. Aqua Hounds

Nationals rolled over everybody in Florida by big margins, including MadLax twice. Why are they not at or near #1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems pretty clear that Madlax, Next Level, and Hawks are the best three teams in this region. As between the MD/VA teams and the NY teams it’s tough to tell until they play this summer. Because there wasn’t much play between the regions this fall, the RPI style us club rankings don’t work as well to sort between regions. But if more play between different regions is allowed this summer, you’ll see more accurate rankings from the US Club rankings. Small sample size and lack of regional play and not a conspiracy between Team 91 and US Club account for the somewhat random rankings.

Now that Lacrosse has expanded into other areas in area and country. Baltimore teams are becoming irrelevant and slowly moving to bottom of most ranking . Just a matter of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Team 91 Machine
2. Eclipse Black
3. MadLax Capital
4. SweetLax NY
5. NextLevel Blue
6. Hawks Green
7. Nationals L.C.
8. Express Haugen
9. Team 91 Rage
10. Aqua Hounds

Nationals rolled over everybody in Florida by big margins, including MadLax twice. Why are they not at or near #1?

this ranking doesn't include this weekend, only the summer/fall- I agree with your assessment though, they are a clear #1 IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same with Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Team 91 Machine
2. Eclipse Black
3. MadLax Capital
4. SweetLax NY
5. NextLevel Blue
6. Hawks Green
7. Nationals L.C.
8. Express Haugen
9. Team 91 Rage
10. Aqua Hounds

I think it's fairly questionable if they were playing really strong talent. Some of those players were from teams that did not have a strong fall (FCA MD, Team 91 MD,...) so I would be very surprised if they could win over teams like Hawks Green.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion National teams should not be in club ranked with the local teams. Those rankings should be for teams made up of kids that are in 100 miles from home club. Love to hear an argument for this?

Everyone knows that the Hawks 27 team is the best in our area - if not the country. They beat NL and Madlax repeatedly in the past. Why rankings would be based on Fall is beyond me. The Hawks also destroyed 91 Machine last time they played. If I am not mistaken The Nationals had several (5 or so) Hawks with them last weekend. Pictures on SM verify that fact. I wasn't there, but my guess is that the Hawks had an impact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most recently, NextLevel beat Hawks twice, and MadLax beat NextLevel twice. All three are good teams, rightfully ranked top six in the nation. You are a bit of a homer of you think "everyone knows" that one of these teams is better than the other two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's fairly questionable if they were playing really strong talent. Some of those players were from teams that did not have a strong fall (FCA MD, Team 91 MD,...) so I would be very surprised if they could win over teams like Hawks Green.

Everyone knows that the Hawks 27 team is the best in our area - if not the country. They beat NL and Madlax repeatedly in the past. Why rankings would be based on Fall is beyond me. The Hawks also destroyed 91 Machine last time they played. If I am not mistaken The Nationals had several (5 or so) Hawks with them last weekend. Pictures on SM verify that fact. I wasn't there, but my guess is that the Hawks had an impact.

its a ranking based on fall performance, thats it. Its fun for people to speculate, it gives them something to talk about, clearly.

There are 3 hawks on this team(1 F/O, 1 mid, 1 att), they contributed for sure, so did every other player on the squad that came from a different club outside of the Hawks. Believe it or not, there are very good players from other clubs, outside of Annapolis and across the country that can play at an extremely high level. Having seen the Nationals squad in every game this weekend and knowing the ML, NL and Hawks 2027 teams very well, including what what they have gained and lost every year, I am very confident that they would compete and likely beat every single team listed in this "top 20". Those who know, know. Dont discredit them until you have seen them, the outscored ML 20-6 in 2 games and beat WCS 10-2 who dismantled the sweetlax florida team, in their own backyard, 11-1. The squad was rolling and more importantly these kids have alot of fun playing together. They are creating awesome memories and lifelong friendships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the Hawks lose 2x to NL this fall. And Madlax combined with BLC to form a really strong team. It's amazing what happens as kids grow up; get beyond grade school lacrosse; and rosters change a little. Not only did the Hawks lose 2x but the 3 best players from NL were on the sideline with casts on. I like how you are reaching back to 5th grade for the Hawks last significant win. You also forgot to mention Machine beat the Hawks the tournament prior.

But you are right about the Nationals in that they had the best player from the Hawks and a few more. I don't think the Nationals will be able to maintain such a roster as spring and summer progress unless Larry Hogan keeps sitting on his hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks lost twice to Next Level this fall. And Next Level lost to Madlax. I think it’s clear those three teams are the best in the region. But it’s not at all clear that Hawks are the best anymore. Luckily it looks like will get games between these teams in the Spring and will have a better sense then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks was a legit team & Team 91 LI was the best team in 2019. 2020 was a poop show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks lost twice to Next Level this fall. And Next Level lost to Madlax. I think it’s clear those three teams are the best in the region. But it’s not at all clear that Hawks are the best anymore. Luckily it looks like will get games between these teams in the Spring and will have a better sense then.

I obviously struck a nerve with the Hawks haters. My son got cut from the Hawks and yet I still don't understand why everyone hates them so much. My son ended up on a B team and all I ever hear the "elite" team parents talk about is beating them. That is what I base my opinion of them being the best on, along with the games that I watch. Admittedly, I have not seen them (or NL/ML) play in quite some time so maybe NL has come that far. That said, I wouldn't be all that excited about two wins in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most recently, NextLevel beat Hawks twice, and MadLax beat NextLevel twice. All three are good teams, rightfully ranked top six in the nation. You are a bit of a homer of you think "everyone knows" that one of these teams is better than the other two.

And Next Level beat MadLax on ML's home field but NL did lose the last game without NL's 2 best players due to broken bones.

Hawks 27's just didn't play that much in the fall and didn't win when they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I obviously struck a nerve with the Hawks haters. My son got cut from the Hawks and yet I still don't understand why everyone hates them so much. My son ended up on a B team and all I ever hear the "elite" team parents talk about is beating them. That is what I base my opinion of them being the best on, along with the games that I watch. Admittedly, I have not seen them (or NL/ML) play in quite some time so maybe NL has come that far. That said, I wouldn't be all that excited about two wins in the fall.[/quote]

It's because people like you come on a site after a goofy kid's poll and start talking about something you have no recent knowledge. Your kid got cut so you defend the Hawks. You haven't seen the other teams but based on what Hawks parents say, they are awesome. You have zero basis to even post and then insult those who prove you wrong. Move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks was a legit team & Team 91 LI was the best team in 2019. 2020 was a poop show.

Agree on the poop show. But Hawks were clearly better than 91 in 2019. Not really debatable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree on the poop show. But Hawks were clearly better than 91 in 2019. Not really debatable.

Great. In a 5 team poll, it's Nationals (2-0 v ML), Madlax (2-1 v NL), Next Level (2-0 v Hawks), Hawks (1-1 v Machine by a larger goal differential) and Machine. Are you satisfied Hawks kid/Mom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals doesn't count, but the next four look about right. MadLax, NextLevel, and Hawks will have great games in the months and years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals do count and their results could change as the spring and summer progresses. They might not have the same level of kids and their results will show. Let's see if Coach G can keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other program is going to let their boys play in a tournament when they have practice and other games....ZERO...mark my work....Nationals are one and done!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone with any common sense knows once Spring comes, Hawks will dominate. Not even close. Nationals might give them a run, but that is about it. Talent is talent people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other program is going to let their boys play in a tournament when they have practice and other games....ZERO...mark my work....Nationals are one and done!

There are a few "National" teams and "Regional" teams now and more starting up, they all generally compete before or after the regular club season. Trying not to interfere with the kids local team schedules.

They won't be one and done as for some kids it is a way to compete more than what is available in their local area and to be able to compete with a higher level of competition. Not everyone lives in a lax hot bed and the national and regional teams give those kids a chance to play.

With the way lax is growing around the country there will be a market for these teams for some time as different areas slowly build up their local lax communities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a few "National" teams and "Regional" teams now and more starting up, they all generally compete before or after the regular club season. Trying not to interfere with the kids local team schedules.

They won't be one and done as for some kids it is a way to compete more than what is available in their local area and to be able to compete with a higher level of competition. Not everyone lives in a lax hot bed and the national and regional teams give those kids a chance to play.

With the way lax is growing around the country there will be a market for these teams for some time as different areas slowly build up their local lax communities.

☝🏼Yep, nationals will be just fine.. they work hard to schedule around the conflicts as best they can, they always have. I promise you they will not be one and done. believe me folks, excellent lacrosse exists outside of the DMV and Annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone with any common sense knows once Spring comes, Hawks will dominate. Not even close. Nationals might give them a run, but that is about it. Talent is talent people.
Well, then it appears that I lack common sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏼Yep, nationals will be just fine.. they work hard to schedule around the conflicts as best they can, they always have. I promise you they will not be one and done. believe me folks, excellent lacrosse exists outside of the DMV and Annapolis.
Just curious, what is the story on Nationals? Who runs it, where do they get their players from, when do they practice, etc. Parents I spoke with on the sidelines all seemed to be from Baltimore or Annapolis. Is it mainly a DC/Baltimore/AA all star team with a couple Texas, etc. players sprinkled in, or is it a real national team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, what is the story on Nationals? Who runs it, where do they get their players from, when do they practice, etc. Parents I spoke with on the sidelines all seemed to be from Baltimore or Annapolis. Is it mainly a DC/Baltimore/AA all star team with a couple Texas, etc. players sprinkled in, or is it a real national team?

Real National Team. The best players are from TX, PA, and Alabama. Couple of Baltimore guys but the Annapolis guys are just depth added as needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this is when it all goes down hill apparently - rankings. The fall rankings really shouldn't take up this much space. NL is a great team and yes they beat the Hawks in 2 20 minute running clock games. This is why they are ranked higher. I think all the teams are good teams with kids who hopefully love the sport. Let's not get too excited about it and hope that we have a somewhat normal spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, then it appears that I lack common sense.

Shoe Fits perfect !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this is when it all goes down hill apparently - rankings. The fall rankings really shouldn't take up this much space. NL is a great team and yes they beat the Hawks in 2 20 minute running clock games. This is why they are ranked higher. I think all the teams are good teams with kids who hopefully love the sport. Let's not get too excited about it and hope that we have a somewhat normal spring season.

Correction: 1 regular 40 minute game and 1 game at 20 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. These are 6th graders, get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Madlax, and Next Level are all very good. Who is best will be settled this spring. Question is who is next best in the area. FCA next best? Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the kids who play care and I think you care enough to come on the site and post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son isnt playing on an elite team. Have him Hit The Wall !! always next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Madlax, and Next Level are all very good. Who is best will be settled this spring. Question is who is next best in the area. FCA next best? Crabs?

Crabs had a rough fall. Think there's a lot of changes in their roster. I think it's race to see if BLC, Crabs, TEam 91 and FCA can get up to that level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals are formerly part of The Duke's LC in PA. They are run by Lou G. All you need to know about this guy is he got run out of Philly and Ebe the Duke's owner got an injunction to keep him from using the Duke's name so now its just "Nationals". Go check out the Duke's thread on the PA board or this announcement from Duke's LC: https://www.thedukeslacrosse.com/current-announcements/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Now that is an interesting read. Nationals did some shady stuff with their roster in Florida, so I guess that is the type of thing Dukes was talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md should be included in the next best! Played NL very tough this Fall in a scrimmage like 9-6 or something and played the Hawks tough last summer in young guns final. They beat FCA and Team 91 in close games this Fall. They need some depth but have a strong group of core players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD is good but need to at least play in the top division of HoCo. They will also need to play in better tournaments to get anywhere near the top 20. If they do both those things and win they might see enough rpi to get close. Right now, they have the run of any kid who is half decent from Frederick to Hagerstown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree about Team MD deserves to be in the same ballpark as MadLax, NextLevel, and Hawks. I believe that this summer they beat MadLax, or at least played them close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They ended up being ranked 16th. I believe they have played in the NAL one of the top tournaments around for last couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Now that is an interesting read. Nationals did some shady stuff with their roster in Florida, so I guess that is the type of thing Dukes was talking about.

☝🏼Ha, you know nothing. My son is on this team, you know nothing about them or their roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md should be included in the next best! Played NL very tough this Fall in a scrimmage like 9-6 or something and played the Hawks tough last summer in young guns final. They beat FCA and Team 91 in close games this Fall. They need some depth but have a strong group of core players.

Team MD is definitely on the right path, right now they lack the depth of the top 3 but are surely closing the gap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏼Ha, you know nothing. My son is on this team, you know nothing about them or their roster.

Everyone in the know, knows what they did..shaky shaky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They ended up being ranked 16th. I believe they have played in the NAL one of the top tournaments around for last couple years.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD is definitely on the right path, right now they lack the depth of the top 3 but are surely closing the gap.

TMD isn't even close yet. They played ML close but ML has combined with BLC's former A team and they aren't the same team. They played NL and it was 11-6 and NL's best players were in casts and NL treated it like a scrimmage. Like someone else said, play in elite MoCo and see how this summer plays out and maybe you'll crack the top 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do know that in Orlando a boy played on a different team, and then an hour later suited up and played for Nationals. Opposing kids and coaches noticed easily because the player scored multiple goals. It was reported to the organizers and there was discussion about disqualifying both teams.

If you or any Nationals do parents know the circumstances (maybe the player was rostered for Nationals and was "borrowed" by the other team), please go ahead and share.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a devious plot to ascend to the top of a mighty 6th grade money grab event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TMD isn't even close yet. They played ML close but ML has combined with BLC's former A team and they aren't the same team. They played NL and it was 11-6 and NL's best players were in casts and NL treated it like a scrimmage. Like someone else said, play in elite MoCo and see how this summer plays out and maybe you'll crack the top 20.

TMD lost to the New ML 0-9 in the Fall. Looong way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging about a 6th grade team that got better because they poached another programs players? Congratulations!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a devious plot to ascend to the top of a mighty 6th grade money grab event.

You can laugh it off, but the Nationals parents on the sidelines weren't laughing about spending all that money to be called cheaters. Opposing team parents weren't laughing either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every kid on the Nationals has a day job with another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they do, but they can't play for two teams in the same event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how madlax parents complaining about double fostering. Madlax has been caught doing it this fall with theirc27's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging about a 6th grade team that got better because they poached another programs players? Congratulations!

I am not sure if poach is the right word. A group of players and a coach were unhappy so they changed programs. Happens all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, quit crying already. We beat you fair and square both times- same roster, same kids, same result. Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Move on, focus on winning HoCo- you guys have a good squad and are the team to beat right now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's your participation trophy, now go hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't they play for two different age groups? This happens ALL the time and is usually addressed in tournament rules (typically the rules state that a player can play in different age groups but not two teams from the same age group). Kids come in from all over the country. Let them play as much as they want - if they can compete at the older age group then good for them. Show me in the rules where it says this cannot be done?
https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachme...824529216.1610372175-45157976.1610372175

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't they play for two different age groups? This happens ALL the time and is usually addressed in tournament rules (typically the rules state that a player can play in different age groups but not two teams from the same age group). Kids come in from all over the country. Let them play as much as they want - if they can compete at the older age group then good for them. Show me in the rules where it says this cannot be done?

If the tourney did not have it stated in their rules, as alot of tournaments do, then that would be why there was a discussion to disqualify both teams but they ended up doing nothing. In that case they played by the rules even if other tournaments would not have allowed it. Next year they may add that to the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax doesn't mention the roster rules because they have done it so many times in the past and wanted the option for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Nats parents, here is a chance to clear your name. One boy played for 3D, and then for Nationals, in the same bracket on the same day. It's on game film and nobody from Nats denied it. So which team was he rostered on? If he was rostered on Nats but played for the other team without telling his coaches, then it's difficult to blame the Nats for that. Go ahead and explain the facts. But if you keep misdirecting and name-calling ("hit the wall," "stop crying," "everybody else does it," "you don't know what your taking about") it makes people think that you broke the rules deliberately and have no explanation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax doesn't mention the roster rules because they have done it so many times in the past and wanted the option for themselves.

SE also incorrectly recorded the score of the Nationals-ML prelim game as 12-2, instead of the actual score of 13-2. This kept WCS out of the championship and let ML in on acct of tiebreaker rules(WCS and ML did not play eachother)

had it been scored correctly, WCS would have gotten the nod by 1point- instead it went to a 3rd tie breaker where ML had the advantage.

super suspect.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Nats parents, here is a chance to clear your name. One boy played for 3D, and then for Nationals, in the same bracket on the same day. It's on game film and nobody from Nats denied it. So which team was he rostered on? If he was rostered on Nats but played for the other team without telling his coaches, then it's difficult to blame the Nats for that. Go ahead and explain the facts. But if you keep misdirecting and name-calling ("hit the wall," "stop crying," "everybody else does it," "you don't know what your taking about") it makes people think that you broke the rules deliberately and have no explanation.

Completely false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SE also incorrectly recorded the score of the Nationals-ML prelim game as 12-2, instead of the actual score of 13-2. This kept WCS out of the championship and let ML in on acct of tiebreaker rules(WCS and ML did not play eachother)

had it been scored correctly, WCS would have gotten the nod by 1point- instead it went to a 3rd tie breaker where ML had the advantage.

super suspect.........

8 goal max on tiebreaker rule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in this fight, honestly, and I am not the clown saying "hit the wall, etc". However, I have to ask, are you seriously this worried about a 6th grader playing on multiple teams in a money grab, meaningless event in Florida? Seriously? With all we have going on in this country and you are wound up about the prospects of a family breaking a lacrosse tournament rule. Reviewing videos?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that kid was paul Rabil. He didnt even try to hide it with the full beard and 99.

Are you still mad about ML being caught cheating at Hershey and Hoco? Too late to do anything now on an anonymous forum from a tournament where the rule is omitted so ML could try again but possibly had it used against them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

super suspect.........

8 goal max on tiebreaker rule

I’m not talking GD(that was suspiciously capped at 7)- I’m talking GA against common opponents. WCS and ML did not play head to head. If the score had been recorded correctly, WCS, not ML would have played in the championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely false

That said- if you’d like to see all 5 game tapes from NLV, you will see the same players playing for Nats every, single game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that kid was paul Rabil. He didnt even try to hide it with the full beard and 99.

Are you still mad about ML being caught cheating at Hershey and Hoco? Too late to do anything now on an anonymous forum from a tournament where the rule is omitted so ML could try again but possibly had it used against them.

Not mad at all, because I had a son on an opposing team in Hershey and I was happy to see MadLax get caught. You make an excellent observation as to why MadLax maybe was reluctant to DQ the Nationals from the Orlando event. But now everybody knows what Nationals did and hopefully they will refrain from cheating in the future!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in this fight, honestly, and I am not the clown saying "hit the wall, etc". However, I have to ask, are you seriously this worried about a 6th grader playing on multiple teams in a money grab, meaningless event in Florida? Seriously? With all we have going on in this country and you are wound up about the prospects of a family breaking a lacrosse tournament rule. Reviewing videos?

LOL I have no dog in the fight either, but most people (including you) do not take a vacation from BOTC due to world events. Actually just the opposite, it is a nice escape. I can assure you that both sides on this debate are very serious. Nobody likes a cheater, and nobody likes to be called one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really crying foul over 1 kid from a team with 1 win in the tournament where 3d scored all of 15 goals in 5 games. Did that kid single handedly beat Madlax by 14 goals over 2 games. If it was anybody else but ML posting this, I'd say it was a total troll but that's why Madlax has the rep. They cheat like crazy all the time and invent reasons when they lose (and lose badly).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not mad at all, because I had a son on an opposing team in Hershey and I was happy to see MadLax get caught. You make an excellent observation as to why MadLax maybe was reluctant to DQ the Nationals from the Orlando event. But now everybody knows what Nationals did and hopefully they will refrain from cheating in the future!

I’m still confused as to how you think nationals cheated lol. We literally played every minute of every game with our own roster. What am I missing here?

For what’s it’s worth our roster was certified by the tournament partners, all rosters were, before and after.

Sounds like your problem should be with 3D- which you are clearly speculating, for borrowing a player for a game? - I have no clue about that from a nats perspective and you cannot provide a name, number, description, etc of said player to even support your arguement

Again- you don’t know anything about our team, stick to
Your own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now you're saying you just happened to be in Hershey where Madlax was dq'd; happen to be in Florida where you happen to watch the worst team in the tourney, 3D, where you really scouted their players. Then you stuck around to watch the finals of 2 teams your kid didn't play for and noticed a kid from the the worst team in the tournament dominate. Dig that hole a little deeper Madlax mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now you're saying you just happened to be in Hershey where Madlax was dq'd; happen to be in Florida where you happen to watch the worst team in the tourney, 3D, where you really scouted their players. Then you stuck around to watch the finals of 2 teams your kid didn't play for and noticed a kid from the the worst team in the tournament dominate. Dig that hole a little deeper Madlax mom.

🔥🔥🔥

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem to be concerned more than most...Now " Hit The Wall"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that kid was paul Rabil. He didnt even try to hide it with the full beard and 99. Okay Nats parents, here is a chance to clear your name. One boy played for 3D, and then for Nationals, in the same bracket on the same day. It's on game film and nobody from Nats denied it. So which team was he rostered on? If he was rostered on Nats but played for the other team without telling his coaches, then it's difficult to blame the Nats for that. Go ahead and explain the facts. But if you keep misdirecting and name-calling ("hit the wall," "stop crying," "everybody else does it," "you don't know what your taking about") it makes people think that you broke the rules deliberately and have no explanation.

What is wrong with that?? Guy loves lacrosse , even at the 6th grade level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Review the Abraham Zapruder film.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really crying foul over 1 kid from a team with 1 win in the tournament where 3d scored all of 15 goals in 5 games. Did that kid single handedly beat Madlax by 14 goals over 2 games. If it was anybody else but ML posting this, I'd say it was a total troll but that's why Madlax has the rep. They cheat like crazy all the time and invent reasons when they lose (and lose badly).

Falsus in uno, falsus in ombnibus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I honestly can't imagine what the home life of a kid on Nationals must be. T-shirt chasing on steroids in 6th grade? Seriously toxic. Most of these kids are going to be ripping a 6fter (not a lacrosse reference) within two years just to deal with their knucklehead parents. Congrats for finding 12-15 other studs from across the united states who have the same insecurities and forming a team for the weekend with the hope of maybe getting some wins against a real team or more likely piling up huge differentials on regular teams where the kids are probably playing pokeman in between games. Super Job guys. That being said, I'll save you hassle and just tell myself (a) i'm only mad because my kid can't make nationals and (b) i'll take him out back to hit the wall and try again next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I honestly can't imagine what the home life of a kid on Nationals must be. T-shirt chasing on steroids in 6th grade? Seriously toxic. Most of these kids are going to be ripping a 6fter (not a lacrosse reference) within two years just to deal with their knucklehead parents. Congrats for finding 12-15 other studs from across the united states who have the same insecurities and forming a team for the weekend with the hope of maybe getting some wins against a real team or more likely piling up huge differentials on regular teams where the kids are probably playing pokeman in between games. Super Job guys. That being said, I'll save you hassle and just tell myself (a) i'm only mad because my kid can't make nationals and (b) i'll take him out back to hit the wall and try again next year.

Wow ,,For once, a parent gets it right away why he is mad and how to resolve the issues effecting him. Well done, I would add you are jealous and envious too. Keep it real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get why a stud player from Colorado, Texas, Alabama would want to be on Nationals. But what does an aggregated team like this accomplish for a kid already in an elite program like Hawks or 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is 6th grade lacrosse. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The father gets to relive his life, you know why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?? 6th grade is where it starts. Get on elite team. Train with small groups and personal trainers. Your son will be left behind without it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?? 6th grade is where it starts. Get on elite team. Train with small groups and personal trainers. Your son will be left behind without it.

Left behind? as in "no child left behind"? I certainly wouldn't want you behind me, if you catch my drift. You know. But I digress (see what I did there. I am clever)
Are we still talking about Nationals? Because they don't train. It's merely an ego grab for the Mom's and Dad's out there who for some reason need to say little Bobby is on a national lacrosse team. As if that means anything. When PLL teams start having more twitter followers than say WNBA teams, then maybe being on a national lacrosse team will prove to Cindy down the street that Bobby is gonna make something of himself. meanwhile little Bobby just wants to lock his door, block out his jag off parents, surf the dirty sites on the internet and exercise the demons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Nationals, buyer Beware. If you want your son to play with Nationals (and he can make the cut), go for it. Just do your research on this organization and it's proprietor before sending over the payment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get why a stud player from Colorado, Texas, Alabama would want to be on Nationals. But what does an aggregated team like this accomplish for a kid already in an elite program like Hawks or 91?

Maybe the kids just want to play more lacrosse... Why does it have to be more than that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just some extra off season reps. Okay, got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with tryouts for nationals being held every month, how does the roster work? Does it just grow larger every month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't relevant at any other age level, and won't be at the 2027 grade year when things get serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s odd. Why are we talking about them? It’s because they are quickly becoming relevant. Clearly they are ruffling feathers with roster selection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't relevant at any other age level, and won't be at the 2027 grade year when things get serious.

Funny they are talking about Nationals in the Northeast forum too. Yikes. It’s a revolution. Lax ain’t all about Baltimore anymore boys. Texas ain’t all steers and queers anymore baby. We got laxers pumping out of there!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny they are talking about Nationals in the Northeast forum too. Yikes. It’s a revolution. Lax ain’t all about Baltimore anymore boys. Texas ain’t all steers and queers anymore baby. We got laxers pumping out of there!!!!

Cheaters too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not Baltimore kids that play for the old Duke's Nationals because they all got wise to G's grift. As soon as the Texas families take it in the poop shoot they'll bail to, sending G's pyramid scheme back to obscurity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not Baltimore kids that play for the old Duke's Nationals because they all got wise to G's grift. As soon as the Texas families take it in the poop shoot they'll bail to, sending G's pyramid scheme back to obscurity.

Pyramid scheme is best description I've heard. Monthly tryouts = monthly infusions of cash to keep G in that Escalade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who this guy G is, but he is a clever businessman. I now have been exposed to Nationals parents and there is a definite ladder climbing attitude, "my kid is already on the Hawks but I need to pay more so I can say he is even better." So kudo's to G for finding a way to profit from those insecurities. Capitalism at its finest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who this guy G is, but he is a clever businessman. I now have been exposed to Nationals parents and there is a definite ladder climbing attitude, "my kid is already on the Hawks but I need to pay more so I can say he is even better." So kudo's to G for finding a way to profit from those insecurities. Capitalism at its finest.

Haha! Don't assume they all pay. Like when Duke's was winning games, the best kids play for free while the rostered kids pay into the scheme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was a demand in the marketplace, and G filled it. Totally spot on this being an organization for the ladder climbing parents. I know several who listened to G pitch and saw visions of D1 scholarships flowing their way. Sadly, they were all well aware of the shady side of things, but went along with it anyway. only to have the club be ejected from Dukes...

Just for Fun, here is the interview with dukes regarding what the heck happened. Amazing that this guy can still get parents to sign up with this kind of info out there. But hey, not G's problem.

Q : If this Duke's National's Regional Program was Terminated, can you be more Specific about why and what the Problems were that you Encountered to force this Termination?

A : Where do I start. Let me be brief and just respond to the specifics of so many of your phone calls, emails, Blogs and the many Complaints from Events, Tournaments, Hotels, Many, many Vendors; Facility's, College Coaches, Other Club Coaches and Programs; Duke's Coaches and most Importantly Player's and Parents.
It frankly just became to Difficult to Explain and Navigate thru these Inconsistencies and Complaints that demanded Responsible Replies and Answers to all these Entities.
Additionally, with the Failure to Respond to a Primary Mandate; the lack of Respect for the History of who Duke's Lacrosse Club is and what it Represents just could No longer be Overlooked, Ignored or Compromised .
Bottom line, Our Integrity as a Program was at stake and having to Continuously Field all of these Complaints about a Total lack of Transparency; a Total Lack of Effective Communications; Ongoing Money Issues and so much more that so many of you Commented on simply didnt allow us to Continue with this Duke's National's Program under the Duke's Lacrosse Club's Name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha! Don't assume they all pay. Like when Duke's was winning games, the best kids play for free while the rostered kids pay into the scheme.

Awesome. My last post must have been censored by the moderator. basically I just copied and pasted Eb Helms Q/A about what happened to the Duke's National team. classic stuff. you guys want to ditch BOTC and head over to Parler? I'm pretty sure this post will not get through the mod anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should stop spending so much energy on this club and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen.

Like Reply Quote
A