BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 72 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks going to win the NAL this weekend?

Yes, not even close.

That aged well

Ha, yeah that was me. I wasn't there but have watched them play over the last 3 years. Hard to imagine that team only scoring 3 goals a game but it was starting to show up last year

as the dad coach hasn't really developed the kids. NL and Madlax are showing the same things. The kids are over-coached and those teams are increasingly afraid to make mistakes rather instead of positive coaching.

2027 Hawks needs an entire new coaching staff. Embarrassingly bad. This team was destined for greatness, but losing the original coach to the 2028 team has proven to be fatal, while the 2028 squad is arguably the best in the country. Dad coaches with personal agendas have ruined such a good thing. The revolt almost happened last year, and it’s probably going to happen this year. Watch and see… this team will implode. Kinda sad actually… because this team has 4-5 legitimate STUDS that will be forces in HS and beyond. Just not the coaches kids….

They have ~3 top level players, 2 if you focus on kids that aren’t 14. That’s not a recipe for a great team. Hawks coaching isn’t great, but Hawks don’t have enough players to compete consistently with the best in the country. You can not run an offense through 2-3 players against good teams. Good coaches will adjust and make you beat them with the other players (Express game). And the defense is not elite.

They weren’t competitive at NAL.

3rd,4th, 5th, 6th grade. Best around. 7th and 8th grade will be tough on them. End of an era…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, not even close.

That aged well

Ha, yeah that was me. I wasn't there but have watched them play over the last 3 years. Hard to imagine that team only scoring 3 goals a game but it was starting to show up last year as the dad coach hasn't really developed the kids. NL and Madlax are showing the same things. The kids are over-coached and those teams are increasingly afraid to make mistakes rather instead of positive coaching.

2027 Hawks needs an entire new coaching staff. Embarrassingly bad. This team was destined for greatness, but losing the original coach to the 2028 team has proven to be fatal, while the 2028 squad is arguably the best in the country. Dad coaches with personal agendas have ruined such a good thing. The revolt almost happened last year, and it’s probably going to happen this year. Watch and see… this team will implode. Kinda sad actually… because this team has 4-5 legitimate STUDS that will be forces in HS and beyond. Just not the coaches kids….

Over that time 6 players moved down to the 28s, 3 are actual 28s and 3 are 27 age. The former head coach is n assistant on the 28s now. This year a bunch of 28s tried out elsewhere and some actually left. I don’t think the coach is the only reason they were good. That 3rd grade team walked on the field as the best team anywhere on day one. They haven’t gotten better at the same rate as other teams and they don’t have many 26s filling the holes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, not even close.

That aged well

Ha, yeah that was me. I wasn't there but have watched them play over the last 3 years. Hard to imagine that team only scoring 3 goals a game but it was starting to show up last year as the dad coach hasn't really developed the kids. NL and Madlax are showing the same things. The kids are over-coached and those teams are increasingly afraid to make mistakes rather instead of positive coaching.

Over that time 6 players moved down to the 28s, 3 are actual 28s and 3 are 27 age. The former head coach is n assistant on the 28s now. This year a bunch of 28s tried out elsewhere and some actually left. I don’t think the coach is the only reason they were good. That 3rd grade team walked on the field as the best team anywhere on day one. They haven’t gotten better at the same rate as other teams and they don’t have many 26s filling the holes.

Hogan was willing to allow losers on the team the sponsors demanded. And you see the results. lost players make losing results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the best players on the 2027 Hawks were the youngest? Come on, I've seen those players and they were just okay. Let that argument go.

The real reason is the 2nd part. The coach moved down to coach the 28's and the assistant coaches, all dads (and sponsors), took over the team. The team stopped moving the ball and allow 2 players to consistently dominate the ball with little movement. The ball no longer crosses midfield with any pace and everyone stands around watching the same midfield dodge or an x dodge. It's pretty easy to defend as other teams catch up physically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the best players on the 2027 Hawks were the youngest? Come on, I've seen those players and they were just okay. Let that argument go.

The real reason is the 2nd part. The coach moved down to coach the 28's and the assistant coaches, all dads (and sponsors), took over the team. The team stopped moving the ball and allow 2 players to consistently dominate the ball with little movement. The ball no longer crosses midfield with any pace and everyone stands around watching the same midfield dodge or an x dodge. It's pretty easy to defend as other teams catch up physically.

New poster and I have very little knowledge of the Hawks. But I always thought they were a great team and sorry to see them falling apart, even thought it will be nice if my son's team can beat them for once. I heard that Matt Hogan sold the program recently - is the downhill slide related to that? And, why did he sell and who bought the program?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, best players on that team were not 28s, but they did contribute. When you lose 6 players and don’t replace them with better 27s or 26s and don’t develop the ones you have at the same pace as other teams you get caught.

They started day one of 3rd grade as #1, the old coach didn’t hurt, but they aren’t replacing talent at the same rate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, best players on that team were not 28s, but they did contribute. When you lose 6 players and don’t replace them with better 27s or 26s and don’t develop the ones you have at the same pace as other teams you get caught.

They started day one of 3rd grade as #1, the old coach didn’t hurt, but they aren’t replacing talent at the same rate.

Peaked at 3rd grade. Life Journey will be a tough road from here out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially with Hawk style parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drama… those kids are all still good lacrosse players, just not wearing the same jersey on the same team. There are 2 who are not playing anymore who were very good who are no longer playing. That’s the only sad part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the gray area- the split between AAA and Elite last year, it will be interesting to see where some of these teams land in the spring. Could True Annapolis move up to Elite? VLC? Mesa? Who did Team MD play this fall? And the question sweeping the nation- If not in the PLL, where do the Preds end up?

Elite
Annapolis Hawks 7-0
Madlax Capital 6-1
Next Level 5-2
FCA 4-3
Crabs 3-4
Team 91 1-5
Team Maryland White 1-6
Sidewinders 0-6

AAA
True Annapolis Green 7-0
MESA 6-1
Zingos Black 5-2
VLC 4-3
True KP 2-5
Kooper's 2-5
BLC Blue 2-5
Looney's 0-7

Some very interesting fall scores:

BLC 5
Predators 3

Sidewinders 6
BLC 5

Koopers 4
VLC 9

Sidewinders MD 2
VLC 5

Predators 6
VLC 8

Mesa 11
VLC 4

Madlax Cap 7
Predators 0

WCS Gold 9
True Annapolis 3

Team 91 GA 8
True Annapolis 5

Sidewinders 3
Madlax Cap 3

Sidewinders 3
Crabs 9

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drama… those kids are all still good lacrosse players, just not wearing the same jersey on the same team. There are 2 who are not playing anymore who were very good who are no longer playing. That’s the only sad part.

The parent coaching style is great when the coach cares about all the kids. Unfortunately at many age levels it has become a showcase for a few of the coaches kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When looking at this team and how they are currently coached, what parent would want to add their kid to it. The showcase is 2 players and the rest stand around. There's a reason why parents make choices to move kids. The bottom of the roster moves to get more time and the better parents move their kids to see the ball a little more. The team could have lost even more players during the tryout period. Those decisions will get a little easier as Hogan moves further away and the current coaching system stays in place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When looking at this team and how they are currently coached, what parent would want to add their kid to it. The showcase is 2 players and the rest stand around. There's a reason why parents make choices to move kids. The bottom of the roster moves to get more time and the better parents move their kids to see the ball a little more. The team could have lost even more players during the tryout period. Those decisions will get a little easier as Hogan moves further away and the current coaching system stays in place.

https://threestep.com/

They bought Hogan and Hawks brand. 3D Annapolis coming soon

Don't know how much longer they will be keeping the dad coaches. This seems like a True, Madlax, Nationals situation running at the corporate level. But I bet there will be comments that it is different then all of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know how much longer they will be keeping the dad coaches. This seems like a True, Madlax, Nationals situation running at the corporate level. But I bet there will be comments that it is different then all of them[quote]

Let's take Madlax out of the above. Cabel fully embraces dad coaches to reduce his costs. The de facto head coach of the ML 2027's is a dad and bringing the worst of that situation to the team. The same thing is going on with us as what seems to be happening at Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I've seen most of these teams play? Who exactly is going Beat the Hawks in Hoco?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parent coaching style is great when the coach cares about all the kids. Unfortunately at many age levels it has become a showcase for a few of the coaches kids.

Exactly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know how much longer they will be keeping the dad coaches. This seems like a True, Madlax, Nationals situation running at the corporate level. But I bet there will be comments that it is different then all of them[quote]

Let's take Madlax out of the above. Cabel fully embraces dad coaches to reduce his costs. The de facto head coach of the ML 2027's is a dad and bringing the worst of that situation to the team. The same thing is going on with us as what seems to be happening at Hawks.

Hogan is amazing, as he moves further away the club will decline. They are probably the #1 local club in the country and there is nowhere to go but down.

If you don’t think his contacts are what makes the program run you’re nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I've seen most of these teams play? Who exactly is going Beat the Hawks in Hoco?

Very good question. MadLax and NextLevel will be licking their chops, but they have their own growing pains, and both typically choke against the Hawks, so spring 2022 is anybody's guess. But by spring of 2023, Crabs and MadLax will have loaded up with holdbacks, and DC Express (now BLC) will have picked up players from NL, ML, and Hawks. So if the rumors of Hawks demise are true, they will get rolled in 8th grade by at least four teams, MadLax, NextLevel, Crabs, and DC Express, plus maybe others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy....Predators !! Talk of Baltimore and some select PLL teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the gray area- the split between AAA and Elite last year, it will be interesting to see where some of these teams land in the spring. Could True Annapolis move up to Elite? VLC? Mesa? Who did Team MD play this fall? And the question sweeping the nation- If not in the PLL, where do the Preds end up?

Elite
Annapolis Hawks 7-0
Madlax Capital 6-1
Next Level 5-2
FCA 4-3
Crabs 3-4
Team 91 1-5
Team Maryland White 1-6
Sidewinders 0-6

AAA
True Annapolis Green 7-0
MESA 6-1
Zingos Black 5-2
VLC 4-3
True KP 2-5
Kooper's 2-5
BLC Blue 2-5
Looney's 0-7

Some very interesting fall scores:

BLC 5
Predators 3

Sidewinders 6
BLC 5

Koopers 4
VLC 9

Sidewinders MD 2
VLC 5

Predators 6
VLC 8

Mesa 11
VLC 4

Madlax Cap 7
Predators 0

WCS Gold 9
True Annapolis 3

Team 91 GA 8
True Annapolis 5

Sidewinders 3
Madlax Cap 3

Sidewinders 3
Crabs 9

Scores were all over the place, Fall ball is fall ball. Usually the farther a team travels the better they are in fall. Spring will tell for many, and pretenders not Predators will fall to wayside,

And YES ! The big question is what the Predators decide to do. So much talk swirling around land of lacrosse about the Preds. PLL in fear of getting beat, has banned them. That is big news .

My guess they end up at AAA and do well. : )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow…. You are obviously a disgruntled 27 Hawks parent. You need to stop with the drama. If you aren’t happy with the current situation, just move on.
Signed - an offended parent of one of the two kids you targeted in your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possibly Next Level but no one else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 Hawks have lost 6-8 kids over time, and basically only replaced 1-2 of them. There are about 4-5 kids on that roster that are B team players at best and need to move on. They’d be better at Say, True. Daddy ball is rampant and all 3 dad coaches AND their kids need to find new teams.

The Hawks flat out refuse to recruit at this age group, largely because the daddy coaches are afraid to have their kids lose their spot, because it wouldn’t take much. 4 straight HOCO championships, and this will prob be the year they fail. Sad to see such a great team ruined by crappy daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow…. You are obviously a disgruntled 27 Hawks parent. You need to stop with the drama. If you aren’t happy with the current situation, just move on.

Looks like you just turned up the drama a couple of notches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure there’s only 1 legitimate stud on this roster, and 1 giant kid who will be too slow to play in hs, but his daddy will try his best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When looking at this team and how they are currently coached, what parent would want to add their kid to it. The showcase is 2 players and the rest stand around. There's a reason why parents make choices to move kids. The bottom of the roster moves to get more time and the better parents move their kids to see the ball a little more. The team could have lost even more players during the tryout period. Those decisions will get a little easier as Hogan moves further away and the current coaching system stays in place.[/quote]

Signed - an offended parent of one of the two kids you targeted in your post.[/quote]

It's not targeting the kids. It's not their fault. The team is worse and players are leaving because of how your husband coaches. It's a ton of fun for dad and the son, right now. It will still be okay during hoco but it will stink in summer 2022. 3d won't make any changes because they will love the $0 coaching but the play will continue to get worse and more of the key players will leave at the end of summer, maybe before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess the parent parachuted in and confirmed that they run everything through 2 kids.

Weird flex? But ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess the parent parachuted in and confirmed that they run everything through 2 kids.

Weird flex? But ok

You all are fools if you think any comments or responses came from a Hawks parent or coach. Maybe one parent of a kid who is inconsequential but nothing more. The rest of the comments are coming from trolls. Welcome to BOTC for those who don’t get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is absolutely Hawks parents or kids responding. They love this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weird flex? But ok

You all are fools if you think any comments or responses came from a Hawks parent or coach. Maybe one parent of a kid who is inconsequential but nothing more. The rest of the comments are coming from trolls. Welcome to BOTC for those who don’t get it.

Totally coming from Hawks parents. Confirmed in discussions with families who are looking for new teams. Nice try, though.

PS - it's classy how you call the kids "inconsequential."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well I guess the parent parachuted in and confirmed that they run everything through 2 kids.

Weird flex? But ok

Totally coming from Hawks parents. Confirmed in discussions with families who are looking for new teams. Nice try, though.

This post reeks of 26 Hawks Dads. Go back to your own board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to FCA this year? Very poor performance thus far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ve played in 1 tournament against very high level competition. Their team lost several players from last year and gained several new ones. Too early to tell. It’s fall- means nothing. Calm down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weird flex? But ok

Out of alllllll of the trash that people anonymously write on this page and THIS comment is the one that bothers you? Calling kids inconsequential is rated G compared to 90% of the comments that these Trolls spew. There isn’t a classy person on this entire forum- aside from me of course.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ve played in 1 tournament against very high level competition. Their team lost several players from last year and gained several new ones. Too early to tell. It’s fall- means nothing. Calm down.

Because that giant guy and his below average goalie bailed on that team and took a bunch of kids with him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because that giant guy and his below average goalie bailed on that team and took a bunch of kids with him

Ahhhh there he is! Get some new material.

I think FCA will be fine. They won’t come close to the top of the pack in HOCO, but they’ve got some good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s playing this weekend? Do Hawks have any more fallball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks do not. Thankfully.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD and FCA play this weekend in PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks do not. Thankfully.

I didn't realize Hawks' teams only play two tournaments in the fall. And why does Tourney Machine take down Hogan tournaments so fast? Do tournaments have to pay extra $ to keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 72 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard