BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 251 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Northern teams consistently beat the MD teams

Yeah. No.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northern teams consistently beat the MD teams

Yeah. No.

Maybe in hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t some LI teams come play in the NL tournament last fall (or spring)? I’m old and might be misremembering

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does anyone send their son to BL? It’s one of the most expensive schools in the area with one of the worst academic reputations. And if they’re going there to play sports, get ready to pay for an extra year because non holdbacks don’t see the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon’s fall tournament, new this year in Pa, will include the top teams from NY, PA and New England.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI teams always post at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo is really starting fall league in 30 days? Many teams haven’t even sent rosters yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo is really starting fall league in 30 days? Many teams haven’t even sent rosters yet.

Mid/late September seems about right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Busy deciding who is going to be in "6th grade" this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does anyone send their son to BL? It’s one of the most expensive schools in the area with one of the worst academic reputations. And if they’re going there to play sports, get ready to pay for an extra year because non holdbacks don’t see the field.

I went to Gilman and refused to allow my son to visit BL when we initially looked at schools for him. He went to another local private school and didn't have a good experience, then we looked at BL and ultimately sent him there. It has been a godsend for my son, and the school is night and day compared to what it was 25 years ago. I cannot say enough good things about the place. Also, aside from Jemicy maybe it's the best local school for kids with learning differences/disabilities.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This supports my point. Someone is on here bashing high schools that know very little about the kids that attend. Find the right school for your child and your family. Stop worrying about which school is the top school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree…. BL is nothing like it use to be. Its a great school that helps kids with a learning disadvantage that allows them to blend in with the students who dont need to be taught differently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every school is different as is every child find the right fit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went to Gilman and refused to allow my son to visit BL when we initially looked at schools for him. He went to another local private school and didn't have a good experience, then we looked at BL and ultimately sent him there. It has been a godsend for my son, and the school is night and day compared to what it was 25 years ago. I cannot say enough good things about the place. Also, aside from Jemicy maybe it's the best local school for kids with learning differences/disabilities.

Sounds like BL might be good for kids who don’t do well at other schools or have “learning differences/disabilities” and that’s great. But this is a lacrosse forum so I was talking about it’s value when chosen because of sports and academics, not for its special needs programs. If your son doesn’t need those programs, it’s foolish to pay that much for a substandard education just to POSSIBLY play at the most recent MIAA winner; look at their recent average SAT/ACT scores and college placement stats compared to the other local private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It amazes me how opinionated how many people are on what others chose to do with their money and child’s future.

It’s really bizzare.

Why the negativity towards BL? Or any other school lol?

They all are fine enough places that seem to works for lots of families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again you don’t know what you have know idea..BL has just as many kids playing in the Ivies then any MIAA school except Gilman. Let’s not forget G’yown, UNC and ND. Seems pretty good school to me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again you don’t know what you have know idea..BL has just as many kids playing in the Ivies then any MIAA school except Gilman. Let’s not forget G’yown, UNC and ND. Seems pretty good school to me!

Riddled with typos; seems about right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry about the typos....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree…. BL is nothing like it use to be. Its a great school that helps kids with a learning disadvantage that allows them to blend in with the students who dont need to be taught differently.
BL has really turned a negative 30 years ago into a positive.
They were always known fore taking academically struggling kids but have figured out many of these kids have learning disabilities and have really domne well mainstreaming them. Very good job by BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt that education is important, but lacrosse is importanter so let's get back to that: When do teams' fall tourney schedules come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It amazes me how opinionated how many people are on what others chose to do with their money and child’s future.

It’s really bizzare.

If you cant keep up at Gilman, McD or St Pauls, you end up at BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt that education is important, but lacrosse is importanter so let's get back to that: When do teams' fall tourney schedules come out?

Speak for yourself. I rate schools based on a metric of lacrosse. Education isnt even in top 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speak for yourself. I rate schools based on a metric of lacrosse. Education isnt even in top 5

Why are you Long Island guys always posting on the MD board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have an opinion on the best 2028s around the country outside of MD/Northeast?

I know the rest of the country is catching up - the California team Advnc came and won 27s Naptown.

Who is strong at 28?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s really bizzare.

Hmmm… if you don’t like other people sharing their opinions, maybe you shouldn’t be on a message board. Even someone with a BL education can figure that out lol

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its now if you cant compete at the top you go to StP…. one terrible school. They had to merge with St P Girls to keep a float

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. That statement is incorrect. Do your research.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking at the rosters now…. Gilman is “1 and BL is “2 . No one else even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It amazes me how opinionated how many people are on what others chose to do with their money and child’s future.

It’s really bizzare.

If you cant keep up at Gilman, McD or St Pauls, you end up at
BL.[/quote

MSJ DePaul Program is one of the original programs and may be the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you Long Island guys always posting on the MD board?

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fwiw I heard fall hoco only had one 2028 elite division team sign up for Fall HOCO so they are scrapping it. Not sure if it's 100% trueso I thought i'd put it out there to see what u knuckle heads have heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the same. Heard it’d all shut down, no interest. Tough to compete with other fall sports... that said, Fall HoCo was great last year. Not 55’ and raining every Sunday like in the Spring.

Looking forward to the next Hawks vs Madlax tilt. Fall Fray early Oct at the beach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Hawks add any talent from tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Faceoff kids, a defender.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs added a goalie and a lefty attacker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word on the street (which is always reliable) for the teams that played in HOCO Elite is that Hawks added talent, Madlax and Next Level retained their key players but didn’t add much in terms of impact, FCA added some talent and a new coach, Crabs had some losses and additions, True lost some important players, and BLC quietly has gotten a little better.

In terms of teams that didn’t play in Elite last year, VLC adding a team is probably the most significant addition. They got most of the remaining good players from Cavs. I heard Blue Claws is coming back with most of their team intact.

So heading into the season it seems that Hawks remain the team to beat. Madlax and Next Level are right behind them and should again field top teams. FCA with their additions and new coach should be right there too. Crabs are likely behind those four, but a solid fifth in Elite. True will likely fall off some and will see if they can hold off BLC for sixth. Blue Claws is the most likely eighth team for Elite and will fight with BLC and True for sixth. VLC and maybe Kelly Post are probably the favorites for one division down.

But there is no way to know if any of the above is true until the spring given that there should be a normal football and soccer season this fall. Anyone have a different take?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word on the street (which is always reliable) for the teams that played in HOCO Elite is that Hawks added talent, Madlax and Next Level retained their key players but didn’t add much in terms of impact, FCA added some talent and a new coach, Crabs had some losses and additions, True lost some important players, and BLC quietly has gotten a little better.

In terms of teams that didn’t play in Elite last year, VLC adding a team is probably the most significant addition. They got most of the remaining good players from Cavs. I heard Blue Claws is coming back with most of their team intact.

So heading into the season it seems that Hawks remain the team to beat. Madlax and Next Level are right behind them and should again field top teams. FCA with their additions and new coach should be right there too. Crabs are likely behind those four, but a solid fifth in Elite. True will likely fall off some and will see if they can hold off BLC for sixth. Blue Claws is the most likely eighth team for Elite and will fight with BLC and True for sixth. VLC and maybe Kelly Post are probably the favorites for one division down.

But there is no way to know if any of the above is true until the spring given that there should be a normal football and soccer season this fall. Anyone have a different take?

Confirmed on VLC. They got a leg up with most of the Cavs starters (one to ML) including the goalie in addition to normal try-outs so it will be interesting to see where they land, but agreed that fall is going to be choppy with tackle football back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True KP beat Blue Claws in the AAA championship game and the MYLA championship game. True KP will be the team to move up to Elite pursuant to the HOCO rules (win the division, you move up to the next division).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will probably be 5 divisions in 2028 due to the addition of more/new teams. AAA should be competitive as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-8 will be a dogfight.

I think they finish:
5 Crabs
6 Blue Claws