BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looneys held tryouts and finalized two teams. Did the top team add or lose top talent?

Lost two starters - one attack and one middie. Both talented kids. Both also brought issues for the team as a team (for somewhat different reasons). They also lost a few other kids who saw playing time. I haven't seen the final roster, but am assuming that Orange added a couple of Loyola kids and perhaps some others - there were a lot of kids at the one tryout I saw.

It remains to be seen if the team can replace the losses with kids who can contribute to better overall team play. There's a long time between now and next summer's tournaments.

This sounds like a coach with first hand knowledge of this..... Why would a Looneys coach comment about kids on this forum?? Classy!

Most likely a typical pot stirring crazy Looney's 2023 parent...... You think this is bad you should hear them talk about other peoples kids during games.....Crazy parents...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like a coach with first hand knowledge of this.....

Or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys held tryouts and finalized two teams. Did the top team add or lose top talent?

Lost two starters - one attack and one middie. Both talented kids. Both also brought issues for the team as a team (for somewhat different reasons). They also lost a few other kids who saw playing time. I haven't seen the final roster, but am assuming that Orange added a couple of Loyola kids and perhaps some others - there were a lot of kids at the one tryout I saw.

It remains to be seen if the team can replace the losses with kids who can contribute to better overall team play. There's a long time between now and next summer's tournaments.

This sounds like a coach with first hand knowledge of this..... Why would a Looneys coach comment about kids on this forum?? Classy!

Relax, Could just be a parent who knows the team well. Didnt really say anything except team makeup. I know my sons team makeup. Not that hard to know unless you are clueless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that hard to know unless you are clueless

Welcome to the board. wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Black Wolf a camp or a club team? I have not seen a team in HOCO league and/or at any of the tournaments but have heard them mentioned before on these posts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost or cut 8-9 players from last season. Picked up 1 or 2 decent players, but filled roster with mostly players from B teams. Don't expect improvements in the orange team. I think they flipped 7 last year so way above average turnover at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost or cut 8-9 players from last season. Picked up 1 or 2 decent players, but filled roster with mostly players from B teams. Don't expect improvements in the orange team. I think they flipped 7 last year so way above average turnover at this age.

What about the new Green turtle team I heard they are taking a few from Looney’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the new Green turtle team I heard they are taking a few from Looney’s

Only one kid as far as I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loonies Orange cut some kids who played with them for several years prior so I assume they believe they are making big improvements. They seem to churn a lot of players only to slip further from the top. Hopefully the coaching change will bring improvements - it can only help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loonies Orange cut some kids who played with them for several years prior so I assume they believe they are making big improvements. They seem to churn a lot of players only to slip further from the top. Hopefully the coaching change will bring improvements - it can only help.

http://www.USCL.com/rankings.html

Now that HoCo league is over where does this team rank. I know the US Club Lax rankings can be way off like DC Express at 30. Where would Looney's be? Top 25, top 30?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://www.USCL.com/rankings.html

Now that HoCo league is over where does this team rank. I know the US Club Lax rankings can be way off like DC Express at 30. Where would Looney's be? Top 25, top 30?

It’s still daddy ball run by dads and protecting their friends. At 2023 it has been lousy every year for that reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs canceled their 2023 tryouts because of vacation schedules? I heard it's because of low sign up numbers. No one wants to play for that fat slob!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry your kid got cut from crabs , but to call a human a fat slob.... come on. It’s a game your 14 year old son plays. Get a life. Thanks someone’s parent and child. Shame on you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs canceled their 2023 tryouts because of vacation schedules? I heard it's because of low sign up numbers. No one wants to play for that fat slob!

Clear case of someone that is upset their son didnt make the Crabs team last year. Passion like this is why the Crabs are one of the Top Clubs in country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highly unlikely that they will not field a team. Few kids are switching teams at the Elite level heading into HS. If they are missing key players no need to waste the time. At this level tryouts are about adding one or two key pieces and you want to see how they do v the existing team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry your kid got cut from crabs , but to call a human a fat slob.... come on. It’s a game your 14 year old son plays. Get a life. Thanks someone’s parent and child. Shame on you

14???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's watching the manure pit while you're at the YMCA is loserville posting absolute nonsense online - even worse about tryouts for an 8th grade team?...LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highly unlikely that they will not field a team. Few kids are switching teams at the Elite level heading into HS. If they are missing key players no need to waste the time. At this level tryouts are about adding one or two key pieces and you want to see how they do v the existing team.

Don't forget the 23s that are reclassing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the fact that King Crab has decided to stay with the 23s through high school because all of the younger teams are so bad that he wouldn't be able to handle coaching them. Further proves that the crabs don't develop players, they just reclass them and win because they are older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight to Prostart?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the fact that King Crab has decided to stay with the 23s through high school because all of the younger teams are so bad that he wouldn't be able to handle coaching them. Further proves that the crabs don't develop players, they just reclass them and win because they are older.

Is this true Crabs 23 parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight to Prostart?

Solid coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% True that he is coaching the 23's through HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% True that he is coaching the 23's through HS.

Last good recruiting class left in Crabs. .Org stinks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing help needed! How do I go about reclassing my 2023? He is a solid player and could be dominant with another year under his belt. My issue is he is currently an excellent student in advanced classes. Is it possible for him to be classed 2024 while taking predominantly 2023 classes? I want him to get ahead in lacrosse, but not go backwards in key academic subjects. What schools should we talk to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing help needed! How do I go about reclassing my 2023? He is a solid player and could be dominant with another year under his belt. My issue is he is currently an excellent student in advanced classes. Is it possible for him to be classed 2024 while taking predominantly 2023 classes? I want him to get ahead in lacrosse, but not go backwards in key academic subjects. What schools should we talk to?

Private schools are in your future. Classes aren't based on grade as much as level Hold him back and continue on your track with Math, English, etc. 12th grade he can dual enroll or ???

You will be in elite company and your player will be a better player without doing a thing except saying he is back a grade . What a world !.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclass is hopes of getting a lax scholarship.......12 scholarships per team 45 kids on a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclass is hopes of getting a lax scholarship.......12 scholarships per team 45 kids on a team.

But all the Craba kids won’t go to the same college team. They will spread out and each get one of the 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But all the Craba kids won’t go to the same college team. They will spread out and each get one of the 12.

Ha. You think they give out full scholarships in lacrosse? if they get one it will be 1/4 of one of 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they do.... Navy, Army all give full rides to the entire team. If we all focused on academics all of our kids would get scholarships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. You think they give out full scholarships in lacrosse? if they get one it will be 1/4 of one of 12.

Privileged families want the bragging rights not the money. Remember they all do an extra year of private school at $25,000.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake

Nothing Fake about it. Private Schools in Balt let in reclass players all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Prostart the company South River is partnering (or whatever) with to rework their program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Privileged families want the bragging rights not the money. Remember they all do an extra year of private school at $25,000.

$25K a year?? laughable! is the school in the middle of a ghetto? what sort of wacky private school is this??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake

Nothing Fake about it. Private Schools in Balt let in reclass players all the time.

It's been happening for decades all over and Lacrosse as a sport is late to that game even though everyone seems to think they started it...lol.

You want to complain about double, triple re-classed kids. Go moan on the Football, Basketball and Hockey forums.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Prostart the company South River is partnering (or whatever) with to rework their program?

Nice people... good kids... below average lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake

It's been happening for decades all over and Lacrosse as a sport is late to that game even though everyone seems to think they started it...lol.

You want to complain about double, triple re-classed kids. Go moan on the Football, Basketball and Hockey forums.

Hardly. Hockey is age based now. BB AU is age based at younger ages, Football has age weight..not grade based ..
...All have some issues with grade, but lacrosse is the poster child for what is wrong with grade based teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice people... good kids... below average lacrosse.

Prostart is an update to the old Snappers club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You win biggest dou•••••• award. Not all lacrosse playing private school families are privileged ones. Some parents work two jobs in order to pay that tuition(add expensive club dues into that mix too). Some don’t get to go on vacation because every penny goes towards tuition, because their kid’s academic future, not their lacrosse one, is that important.

Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard