BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know whats gone on with tryouts so far ( elevate, icon liberty, empire...)?
Heard some dissension at YG has lead to some defections. My daughter says some teams have reshuffled the deck. Trying to get a bead on tryouts that are left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know whats gone on with tryouts so far ( elevate, icon liberty, empire...)?
Heard some dissension at YG has lead to some defections. My daughter says some teams have reshuffled the deck. Trying to get a bead on tryouts that are left.

YJ or TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and Legacy are finished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy invites went out Tuesday night.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy invites went out Tuesday night.

Elevate invites went out last week and rosters are set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is then the last big team left whose tryouts aren’t over. Legacy, TG, Elevate, Liberty, Empire are all done? And with YJ two top teams merging, all that’s left is a B spot there... so table is pretty much set for fall season... any surprises. Heard YJ players were at a lot of tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters still have tryouts they also have 2 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ in this age group is a toxic mess. It’s bound to get worse. Top girl is out, other top girl coming in. Will be a 2 girl show, with the rest scratching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ in this age group is a toxic mess. It’s bound to get worse. Top girl is out, other top girl coming in. Will be a 2 girl show, with the rest scratching.

wow is there a mass exodus?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did she go? TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did she go? TG?

no one left YJ all still there rumors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

If Thorn is coaching it will still be a dumpster fire. Truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So for those of use who are YJ challenged, why do u say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

except that all the top other teams rosters went out....no YJ girls on these teams so where did they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

Thorn is a good coach stop stirring up nonsense. Thorn will take the top 4 girls off Colbert team. The rest will go to the b team. Yj will have a good A team mediocre b team and c and d money makers for the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 of the YJ Colbert players have officially accepted the spot on the Liberty 2023 team, along with a girl from top guns. Liberty might be a team to look out for this year with the gain with of a new, very strong defensive unit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if this is the top girl he is talking about but I know of 4 maybe 5 top girls leaving YJ Colbert and Thorn to join Liberty Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well, no one has left yet because tryouts have yet to happen. So yeah, but those not selected to the new AA team already know what’s coming and have been at other tryouts. Frankly, this is good for everyone. YJ gets an instant “team to beat”, girls who aren’t top 20 move onto programs where they will be instantly featured and get to prove that they deserved better. Frankly, I wish other programs that play this game of two top teams would just stop, waters down the talent on Long Island and then we have to hear garbage from Maryland teams as to where the better teams reside. CR gets it, she is taking a $ hit but gets a marquee team at an age where exposure is everything.

Thorn is a good coach stop stirring up nonsense. Thorn will take the top 4 girls off Colbert team. The rest will go to the b team. Yj will have a good A team mediocre b team and c and d money makers for the club.

its still a F&F team...nothings changing they got 1 new girl and another parent coach this team continues to be a mess but everyone knows this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 of the YJ Colbert players have officially accepted the spot on the Liberty 2023 team, along with a girl from top guns. Liberty might be a team to look out for this year with the gain with of a new, very strong defensive unit.

there were only 2 standouts on Colbert ...everyone else is replaceable...unfortunately that is reality good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

isn't it 2 A teams again on YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its still a F&F team...nothings changing they got 1 new girl and another parent coach this team continues to be a mess but everyone knows this

I'm not stirring the pot. Thorn is terrible. They play terrible teams in protected brackets. The YJ brand always attracts talent and she's never been able to do anything with it. The team has done horribly every year since 2nd grade and rarely even win in the easy brackets they are entered in. I stand by my statement, Thorn is terrible.

The only reason people stay on the team is because they believe CR will help their daughter get recruited. I hope they are right. Because they sure aren't learning how to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Thorn team has already been decided. They will take 10 kids from Colbert team cut 10 from Thorn and move on with one A team and the B team will get overhauled in the process. The rest of the kids will be put on the C team they can call it Aa,A &B but everyone knows it will be an A,B,C .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t understand the attraction of playing for B, C or D for YJ. How do you camouflage the idea your kid didn’t make the top team when coaches come to call ( if that is you goal...). As far as learning to play to a higher level, we’ll that would be great if teaching occurred. From what I heard so far here and elsewhere, not a lot of high level instruction goes on. Coach K over at elevate of DG at Liberty can place your kid just as well for college AND the instruction is top notch. Sooo, again, what’s the draw unless you go to Northport for HS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, this is what I heard was in the works. So, really what is the point of my daughter showing up at that tryout?
Except to pad CR's pocket. The A team is already decided, so what is the draw? If your kid is going to play at NP HS the answer is obvious, otherwise...? As far as recruitment if that is your endgame, Coach K at Elevate or DG at Liberty can do just a much AND you will be taught to play the game. We blew it, should have showed up at those tryouts or TG. Empire and Legacy are whats left...Icon had like 45 girls at tryout, new for them, so I'm thinking girls who are designated for assignment at YJ have been seeking a home...should be interesting fall and spring...but all academic if YJ can get their stuff together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, this is what I heard was in the works. So, really what is the point of my daughter showing up at that tryout?
Except to pad CR's pocket. The A team is already decided, so what is the draw? If your kid is going to play at NP HS the answer is obvious, otherwise...? As far as recruitment if that is your endgame, Coach K at Elevate or DG at Liberty can do just a much AND you will be taught to play the game. We blew it, should have showed up at those tryouts or TG. Empire and Legacy are whats left...Icon had like 45 girls at tryout, new for them, so I'm thinking girls who are designated for assignment at YJ have been seeking a home...should be interesting fall and spring...but all academic if YJ can get their stuff together

YJ will place more girls than any other club! Their entire A, B and most of C. This is not true for other clubs, especially elevate, No one likes the director over there. If you are a YJ A or B stay! Anything below you should try to get on another A team. My 2019 played for a different club and got very little help, while her YJ friends had plenty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can' wait. This is going to be the best 2023 season yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've very confident Legacy will have no trouble getting our girls recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Thorn team has already been decided. They will take 10 kids from Colbert team cut 10 from Thorn and move on with one A team and the B team will get overhauled in the process. The rest of the kids will be put on the C team they can call it Aa,A &B but everyone knows it will be an A,B,C .

No way does Thorn drop 10 girls and add 10 Colbert girls. It just won't happen. Prediction is 4 girls from Colbert only 2 get meaningful minutes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder which player the Daddy coach is going to try and showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going to be the best year ever!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness to those who are going to be left hanging after YJ tryouts, this should have been revealed to the marginal players earlier so they could hook on elsewhere. The almighty dollar wins out again over what is right and fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams are already decided and if you haven’t heard your a or b then you are designated. To the other 2 teams. Tryouts means absolutely nothing. Yes they did drop a significant number of girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you have confirmed what I suspected, YJ tryouts is going to be a sham. Don’t bother if you haven’t already played for either of the top two teams and spend your money elsewhere... anyone know anything about this legecy516 thing... who is coaching , where they will practice or even where tryout is, and how much? Can’t believe how much the deck has been shuffled in this age group, like it’s going to be all new teams except for legacy. YJ, Elevate, Empire, Liberty, Icon all fresh faces. Glad my daughter got to Icon tryout, tons of girls And I know some of those teams shouldn’t be mentioned with others but who knows now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the first big tourney of the fall, or is that an oxymoron since nothing big happens in the fall, but teams still go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the first big tourney of the fall, or is that an oxymoron since nothing big happens in the fall, but teams still go?

This site has a decent list of tournaments in the fall. The National Lax Festival in late October usually gets a good draw.

https://www.uslacrosse.org/events/sanctioned-tournaments/tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age, everyone is clambering to get on the top team at the top club which provides sustainability for these travel programs. However, recruiting is an individual effort - How does your daughter's lax resume look? Has she participated in the NLC or Brine AA, or did she just go to Nationals b/c that's where her team went? Coaches look at individual players and what they do to differentiate themselves, individually, only helps in the long run. UA AA, UA 150, All-League, All-County - all of these accomplishments can be added to a resume to make your daughter stand out, not just that she played for a team that attended Nationals or was an all-star at a camp (yawn). Also, playing meaningful minutes on Varsity this year should be her top priority, not which YJ team she is on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age, everyone is clambering to get on the top team at the top club which provides sustainability for these travel programs. However, recruiting is an individual effort - How does your daughter's lax resume look? Has she participated in the NLC or Brine AA, or did she just go to Nationals b/c that's where her team went? Coaches look at individual players and what they do to differentiate themselves, individually, only helps in the long run. UA AA, UA 150, All-League, All-County - all of these accomplishments can be added to a resume to make your daughter stand out, not just that she played for a team that attended Nationals or was an all-star at a camp (yawn). Also, playing meaningful minutes on Varsity this year should be her top priority, not which YJ team she is on.

Under Armour 150.. Seriously..that was a JOKE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be a very interesting YJ tryout coming up as the long anticipated merge happens. The other travel clubs TG, Legacy, Elevate, Liberty will be watching anxiously hoping disgruntled players that didn't make the A team come to them looking for a new team. The other clubs didn't draw difference making players to their clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be a very interesting YJ tryout coming up as the long anticipated merge happens. The other travel clubs TG, Legacy, Elevate, Liberty will be watching anxiously hoping disgruntled players that didn't make the A team come to them looking for a new team. The other clubs didn't draw difference making players to their clubs.

Because we don't need to. Our coaches coach and our girls have gotten better every year. Keep drinking that YJ Coolaide.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ten kids from igloo team already know they are on the Blue team..... gonna be ten unhappy ex blue players moving to gold. Not going to be a happy Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It will be a very interesting YJ tryout coming up as the long anticipated merge happens. The other travel clubs TG, Legacy, Elevate, Liberty will be watching anxiously hoping disgruntled players that didn't make the A team come to them looking for a new team. The other clubs didn't draw difference making players to their clubs.

Because we don't need to. Our coaches coach and our girls have gotten better every year. Keep drinking that YJ Coolaide.

Thorn won a state championship with ESM. What have the great coaches from TG and Legacy ever accomplished. If you call putting talented girls on the field and staying out of the way coaching, you are right those clubs have excellent coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Thorn won a state championship with ESM. What have the great coaches from TG and Legacy ever accomplished. If you call putting talented girls on the field and staying out of the way coaching, you are right those clubs have excellent coaches."

Since you brought it up, Matt Maloney for 2023 Legacy has won back to back NYS Championships for Mattituck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Thorn won a state championship with ESM. What have the great coaches from TG and Legacy ever accomplished. If you call putting talented girls on the field and staying out of the way coaching, you are right those clubs have excellent coaches."

Since you brought it up, Matt Maloney for 2023 Legacy has won back to back NYS Championships for Mattituck.

That's true. But doesn't he coach in the conference with about 3 teams and if you beat powerhouse Carle Place you go to states?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It will be a very interesting YJ tryout coming up as the long anticipated merge happens. The other travel clubs TG, Legacy, Elevate, Liberty will be watching anxiously hoping disgruntled players that didn't make the A team come to them looking for a new team. The other clubs didn't draw difference making players to their clubs.

Thorn won a state championship with ESM. What have the great coaches from TG and Legacy ever accomplished. If you call putting talented girls on the field and staying out of the way coaching, you are right those clubs have excellent coaches.

Sorry Thorn's resume doesn't hold a candle to my daughter's liberty coach's resume! And now you will say that doesn't really matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody will be waiting for pickups ...perhaps a few girls will have spots offered that, that's it...TG, Legacy, Liberty and Elevate not waiting with baited breathe for the "golden 10"... these girls were alerted to the merger and knew where they stood, many have already accepted positions on the above teams and were at all of these tryouts...deals are done...If you got caught watching, can't blame CR, this merger was announced before the Elevate tryout. Whether these girls are difference makers elsewhere is yet to be seen, but good for them to be topical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG Really!? Stop with your nonsense No one is anxiously waiting since all of the organizations team rosters are already set. As for your comment that the other clubs didn't Draw difference makers is another joke. What do you do go to every teams tryout and then get handed a secret roster from every organization detailing which players are new this year and what team they came from?? Just stop your B.S. it’s really pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG Really!? Stop with your nonsense No one is anxiously waiting since all of the organizations team rosters are already set. As for your comment that the other clubs didn't Draw difference makers is another joke. What do you do go to every teams tryout and then get handed a secret roster from every organization detailing which players are new this year and what team they came from?? Just stop your B.S. it’s really pathetic

Not that hard to figure out. YJ only has two exceptional players (one from the igloo team, other MC). The rest are interchangeable. They are Staying. TG has 5 exceptional players who are staying. Those are the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that hard to figure out. YJ only has two exceptional players (one from the igloo team, other MC). The rest are interchangeable. They are Staying. TG has 5 exceptional players who are staying. Those are the facts.

those interchangeable players that will stay on the AA team are F & F now of 2 coaches. The other girls will be dropped...and they are just as good as the girls who stay. Its all who you know in this age bracket. truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if i was the Igloo team I would head for the hills. they will get minimal playing time. thorn is a good coach for the 10 that play...there will be many girls on the bench this year. good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if i was the Igloo team I would head for the hills. they will get minimal playing time. thorn is a good coach for the 10 that play...there will be many girls on the bench this year. good luck

Those parents have been brain washed. They won't go anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian washed in one season under the YJ umbrella? I doubt it.. if anything they have earned a bit more perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian washed in one season under the YJ umbrella? I doubt it.. if anything they have earned a bit more perspective.

I wouldn't say brainwashed but no idea what they are getting into

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think you can say Thorn is a good coach based on the performance of her team this year...an embarrassment to the brand. That said YJ will be better next year when their best player comes back from injuries. We’ll have to see how the Chemistry pans out wit the new girls. Could be rough as coaches daughters are just ok players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think you can say Thorn is a good coach based on the performance of her team this year...an embarrassment to the brand. That said YJ will be better next year when their best player comes back from injuries. We’ll have to see how the Chemistry pans out wit the new girls. Could be rough as coaches daughters are just ok players.

agree but this age YJ has been a mess .. they let go of a lot of talent and is why TG in this age is so good. a lot are all former YJ players it will wind up a similar outcome next year as well lots of girls will leave again because they won't get any time on the field besides the coaches daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG not immune to kids trying to find a better situation. They had a few defections as well for various reasons. All teams had movement. Elevate having another supplemental tryout. Why? Because kids continue to move and they want to capture talent ( and money). Liberty had an overhaul with girls moving, all teams doit at this age.Things will settle down and intensify as HS play becomes more important. Less team switching going forward. Concentrate on your girls happiness parents, if they are unhappy on a team, no reason to stick around regardless of who pulls the strings come recruitment time, they will quit before then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG not immune to kids trying to find a better situation. They had a few defections as well for various reasons. All teams had movement. Elevate having another supplemental tryout. Why? Because kids continue to move and they want to capture talent ( and money). Liberty had an overhaul with girls moving, all teams doit at this age.Things will settle down and intensify as HS play becomes more important. Less team switching going forward. Concentrate on your girls happiness parents, if they are unhappy on a team, no reason to stick around regardless of who pulls the strings come recruitment time, they will quit before then.

I agree with the player happiness. Our daughter shifted teams in the summer of 9th grade as she was extremely unhappy with her current team. She couldn't have made a better decision as her new teammates worked harder to get better and everybody shared the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is the girls who left TG never played, and left for lower level clubs. the girls who left YJ were unhappy with the coaching and did not leave for lack of playing time. Big difference there. I agree that the most important thing is being happy on your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason girls switched teams is arbitrary. More playing time, crappy coaching, better recruitment ops, conflicts, etc... it doesn’t really matter except to the individual families. Point is all this movement creates opportunity. Fresh starts, fresh attitude to start HS years with. No more “baby ball”, Organizations where pandered to player/coach combos make decisions for everyone will be exposed and teams will suffer. Can’t hide marginal daughter player and force feed minutes that are unwarranted. Personal, can’t wait. Some teams will be stronger, others weaker. all will be motivated to show “ baby ball” is behind them and that they belong regardless of where they are. Again, can’t wait. There will be surprises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big question is......how are all those YJ folks dealing with the fact that TG is #1? Great Coaching + Great Players +Great Results!!! See you in the rear view!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason girls switched teams is arbitrary. More playing time, crappy coaching, better recruitment ops, conflicts, etc... it doesn’t really matter except to the individual families. Point is all this movement creates opportunity. Fresh starts, fresh attitude to start HS years with. No more “baby ball”, Organizations where pandered to player/coach combos make decisions for everyone will be exposed and teams will suffer. Can’t hide marginal daughter player and force feed minutes that are unwarranted. Personal, can’t wait. Some teams will be stronger, others weaker. all will be motivated to show “ baby ball” is behind them and that they belong regardless of where they are. Again, can’t wait. There will be surprises.

Not really arbitrary. When your best girls are leaving because the coaches are favoring their sub par daughters, this is a big problem. Welcome to YJ2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Thorn didn't win it. She had one go to girl. that was who won it. def not thorn. that is a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents should not be allowed to coach period. mYBE the shakeup at YJ is good and maybe there will be kids that should have played and will finally get a chance. lots of great players that were sat on for a long time. BUT will see how itall shakes out another parent coach is not good not good for the kid either.. it just creates a bad enviroment looks like favoritism even if its not... it will..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big question is......how are all those YJ folks dealing with the fact that TG is #1? Great Coaching + Great Players +Great Results!!! See you in the rear view!

Great players, agreed. Great coach, disagree. AS needs to teach the girls team lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen it before.. just when you get the team right where you want it... the wins and loses don't mean anything anymore.. all the tournaments become showcases, college coaches wanna see the girls play and dont care about the score... it become an individual event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The big question is......how are all those YJ folks dealing with the fact that TG is #1? Great Coaching + Great Players +Great Results!!! See you in the rear view!

Great players, agreed. Great coach, disagree. AS needs to teach the girls team lacrosse.

Great coach? The guy looked like he was sleeping on the sideline at the Mid Atlantic. Anybody can win with the talent on TG. You want a good coach go to Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really arbitrary. When your best girls are leaving because the coaches are favoring their sub par daughters, this is a big problem. Welcome to YJ2023

this is how its been since 3rd grade. it will now only get worse as another dad is coaching.. this is not going away any time soon, but at this point its a lost cause. they will never be the top team...TG will be top then Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how much rhetoric is going to go one through the fall and winter?...Will fall tourneys be useful in gauging what kinda teams still exist? Probably not and who cares anyway. It doesn't matter much in the big picture, to address the earlier comment about whether we as adults should even care about this stuff, well by the way the answer is no...I agree with the earlier poster there is no reason to put stock in wins and loses anymore, pride in who is best doesn't amount to a hill of beans going forward...being in the top tourneys with high level coaches watching is the goal now for most and there is plenty of room at the table for that. If your kid plays for one of the better teams, be thankful, they will play in front of lots of coaches. If not on a top team, don't frete, they will find you if your talented. Concentrate on your girls skill sets getting better, not the number of goals they score or assists...it is early for this age group but not unreasonable to think about recruitment starting next summer. So lets agree to disagree on who is better than who...hope for good games with high level play on both sides of the ball, onesided victories are boring and don't give your kid a chance to show much...these teams need each other and they need each other to be competitive...enjoy the fall all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how much rhetoric is going to go one through the fall and winter?...Will fall tourneys be useful in gauging what kinda teams still exist? Probably not and who cares anyway. It doesn't matter much in the big picture, to address the earlier comment about whether we as adults should even care about this stuff, well by the way the answer is no...I agree with the earlier poster there is no reason to put stock in wins and loses anymore, pride in who is best doesn't amount to a hill of beans going forward...being in the top tourneys with high level coaches watching is the goal now for most and there is plenty of room at the table for that. If your kid plays for one of the better teams, be thankful, they will play in front of lots of coaches. If not on a top team, don't frete, they will find you if your talented. Concentrate on your girls skill sets getting better, not the number of goals they score or assists...it is early for this age group but not unreasonable to think about recruitment starting next summer. So lets agree to disagree on who is better than who...hope for good games with high level play on both sides of the ball, onesided victories are boring and don't give your kid a chance to show much...these teams need each other and they need each other to be competitive...enjoy the fall all.

Well said, one important take away from your message is that you need to be on the field playing to be seen by coaches. If your daughter is riding the bench while coaches daughter/favorites (we all know them...the ones who drop passes, take bad shots, turn the ball over) are playing the whole game, it’s time to find a new team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, one important take away from your message is that you need to be on the field playing to be seen by coaches. If your daughter is riding the bench while coaches daughter/favorites (we all know them...the ones who drop passes, take bad shots, turn the ball over) are playing the whole game, it’s time to find a new team!

good advice! It is hard to navigate and is frustrating watching the politics of it all. I think that is what makes people crazy. Watching sup par coaches players get time, while amazing players ride the bench. Get on a team where your kid plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And neither of the 2 exceptional YJ players were on the winning team at Nationals.. Kind of ironic. And there are not 5 exceptional on TG. That's a reach.. Legacy has the same amount if exceptional players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And neither of the 2 exceptional YJ players were on the winning team at Nationals.. Kind of ironic. And there are not 5 exceptional on TG. That's a reach.. Legacy has the same amount if exceptional players.

YJ didn’t play any good teams at “Nationals”. I guess you missed the memo that it is a low level tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And neither of the 2 exceptional YJ players were on the winning team at Nationals.. Kind of ironic. And there are not 5 exceptional on TG. That's a reach.. Legacy has the same amount if exceptional players.

Watching all 3 teams play this past summer in my opinion YJ and TG definitely have more talent than Legacy. Legacy has the best coaching of the 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because your precious daughter wasn't there, it wasn't a good tournament.. You think we should swallow info from low level long island trash. like yourself... Many of the other long island teams have been to that tournament over the last three years or even 4 years and I only remember Igloo and Yj Thorn winning in this age group.. Was the tournament good when Top Gun came in 3rd.. Shove your BS biased memo garbage .. Get your YJ bashing in now. Once that team gets a final roster, it looks like you will be in the rearview mirror again. All the other teams made no changes...status quo. .. Keep in mind that Yj will have 4 under amour all Americans on the midfield to start. and another that would have made it if she tried out. . So pass this memo around Jack butt.. So congratulation, you were a part of the best middle school team on long island... Now step aside and let the adults thru.. so they can get to work.....GET COMFORTABLE !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct but I wouldn’t use Underarmour as an example.

College coaches know that too much politics and tryouts at Underarmour are rigged big time. Heard it from a former evaluator first hand who was completely unbiased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ making the Under Armour Underclass team representing LI ( or any other location) does not make a player an Under Armour All American.. that title is reserved for the senior girls Just saying..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because your precious daughter wasn't there, it wasn't a good tournament.. You think we should swallow info from low level long island trash. like yourself... Many of the other long island teams have been to that tournament over the last three years or even 4 years and I only remember Igloo and Yj Thorn winning in this age group.. Was the tournament good when Top Gun came in 3rd.. Shove your BS biased memo garbage .. Get your YJ bashing in now. Once that team gets a final roster, it looks like you will be in the rearview mirror again. All the other teams made no changes...status quo. .. Keep in mind that Yj will have 4 under amour all Americans on the midfield to start. and another that would have made it if she tried out. . So pass this memo around Jack butt.. So congratulation, you were a part of the best middle school team on long island... Now step aside and let the adults thru.. so they can get to work.....GET COMFORTABLE !

That's awesome news, glad YJ will be playing 4 starting adult middies...smh…..just be happy she likes lacrosse and stop worrying about stacking up to others. It must have been a tough summer for you watching your daughters team not "dominate" as you expected them to.....from this point on it's mainly showcase events where everyone plays 50/50.....remember colleges look at the parents on the sidelines too...try to keep yourself in check this summer, if possible.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Because your precious daughter wasn't there, it wasn't a good tournament.. You think we should swallow info from low level long island trash. like yourself... Many of the other long island teams have been to that tournament over the last three years or even 4 years and I only remember Igloo and Yj Thorn winning in this age group.. Was the tournament good when Top Gun came in 3rd.. Shove your BS biased memo garbage .. Get your YJ bashing in now. Once that team gets a final roster, it looks like you will be in the rearview mirror again. All the other teams made no changes...status quo. .. Keep in mind that Yj will have 4 under amour all Americans on the midfield to start. and another that would have made it if she tried out. . So pass this memo around Jack butt.. So congratulation, you were a part of the best middle school team on long island... Now step aside and let the adults thru.. so they can get to work.....GET COMFORTABLE !

Hopefully you are joking cause you sound like a complete hammerhead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adding another daddy coach who wants everything to go through his daughter. You are more likely looking at an implosion than success. Only 1 ball doesn't bode well for this team as selfish play will dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adding another daddy coach who wants everything to go through his daughter. You are more likely looking at an implosion than success. Only 1 ball doesn't bode well for this team as selfish play will dominate.

this will be yet another disaster for this team. depending on how many girls took the place of thorn girls. there will be lots of girls sitting out next summer. just when it counts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ making the Under Armour Underclass team representing LI ( or any other location) does not make a player an Under Armour All American.. that title is reserved for the senior girls Just saying..

Pretty sure this elite 4 player Under Armour team with its "All Americans" (LMFAO) lost at UA. You should probably pipe down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure this elite 4 player Under Armour team with its "All Americans" (LMFAO) lost at UA. You should probably pipe down

Yeah the LI team lost ... by two in the final game .. to Baltimore.. hardly a knock on the LI team.
The team and those four "elite" 2023's represented pretty well, find something else to pick on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SHUT UP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

........YAWNNNNNNN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Because your precious daughter wasn't there, it wasn't a good tournament.. You think we should swallow info from low level long island trash. like yourself... Many of the other long island teams have been to that tournament over the last three years or even 4 years and I only remember Igloo and Yj Thorn winning in this age group.. Was the tournament good when Top Gun came in 3rd.. Shove your BS biased memo garbage .. Get your YJ bashing in now. Once that team gets a final roster, it looks like you will be in the rearview mirror again. All the other teams made no changes...status quo. .. Keep in mind that Yj will have 4 under amour all Americans on the midfield to start. and another that would have made it if she tried out. . So pass this memo around Jack butt.. So congratulation, you were a part of the best middle school team on long island... Now step aside and let the adults thru.. so they can get to work.....GET COMFORTABLE !

Hopefully you are joking cause you sound like a complete hammerhead.

that has got to be a joke...team will now implode and self destruct with all the politics and ridiculous deals. good luck for the majority of that team sidelined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was just looking at these US Club Lacrosse rankings. Did they just randomly pick names out of a hat?? Or maybe they forgot that Top Guns just beat M&D to win the MA Championship? Heros never beat TG either. I also don't see Legacy so high. How are they above Thorn? NXT too low. Who even is MD United? (I actually know who they are, but they do't belong in the top ten)

Can someone comment on this? Just Don't get it!
1. M&D Black
2.Heros Green
3. MDUnited
4.Top Guns Black
5.Grizzlies
6. Legacy
7. Steps
8. Skywalkers
9.Monster
10. YJ Thorn
11.Ultimate CC
12. Elite Orange
13.YJ Colbert
14. Snipers
15. Stars
17.TLC
18. Limitless
19. Dewlax
20.Team180
21. NXT
22. BBL
23. Coppermine
24. Mass Elite
25. Elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was just looking at these US Club Lacrosse rankings. Did they just randomly pick names out of a hat?? Or maybe they forgot that Top Guns just beat M&D to win the MA Championship? Heros never beat TG either. I also don't see Legacy so high. How are they above Thorn? NXT too low. Who even is MD United? (I actually know who they are, but they do't belong in the top ten)

1. M&D Black
2.Heros Green
3. MDUnited
4.Top Guns Black
5.Grizzlies
6. Legacy
7. Steps
8. Skywalkers
9.Monster
10. YJ Thorn
11.Ultimate CC
12. Elite Orange
13.YJ Colbert
14. Snipers
15. Stars
17.TLC
18. Limitless
19. Dewlax
20.Team180
21. NXT
22. BBL
23. Coppermine
24. Mass Elite
25. Elevate

it doesn't make sense at all. They in no way can predict this...some of these teams also don't exist anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. M&D Black
2.Heros Green
3. MDUnited
4.Top Guns Black
5.Grizzlies
6. Legacy
7. Steps
8. Skywalkers
9.Monster
10. YJ Thorn
11.Ultimate CC
12. Elite Orange
13.YJ Colbert
14. Snipers
15. Stars
17.TLC
18. Limitless
19. Dewlax
20.Team180
21. NXT
22. BBL
23. Coppermine
24. Mass Elite
25. Elevate

it doesn't make sense at all. They in no way can predict this...some of these teams also don't exist anymore

It does to a point. They factor in not just wins and losses but also strength of schedule. Thorns team never plays a tough schedule. That’s not a secret.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this top 10:
TG
M&D
Grizzlies
Heroes
NXT
Monster
Thorn
Sky walkers
Elite
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this top 10:
TG
M&D
Grizzlies
Heroes
NXT
Monster
Thorn
Sky walkers
Elite
Legacy

didn't thorn team turn into the igloo team? i would put them #3 now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this top 10:
TG
M&D
Grizzlies
Heroes
NXT
Monster
Thorn
Sky walkers
Elite
Legacy

It's perfect. Perfect if you were going for completely wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this top 10:
TG
M&D
Grizzlies
Heroes
NXT
Monster
Thorn
Sky walkers
Elite
Legacy

didn't thorn team turn into the igloo team? i would put them #3 now

Why? Neither of those teams were very good last summer against top competition. And for the person saying the list is wrong, what is your evidence against?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My grade schooler is interested in playing travel lacrosse in the Farmingdale area. We’ve never played before but she’s always been a top athlete in soccer and basketball. I heard the LI Yellow Jackets are the best club, but also that the owner Carol Rose is racist and perhaps even transgender too. Appears very possible based on internet pics of her (sorry but she looks like a dude) and the club (everyone looks alike). Also found Rose’s Twitter profile and saw that deplorably she’s an active supporter of the orange traitor in the White House. Not a character role model I want for my adopted immigrant daughter, but then it’s also clear that the Yellow Jackets are tremendously successful. I don’t think it’s right to fault the character of the entire club or the many other coaches without at least asking for honest feedback first. What’s been everyone’s experience?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the moderators let the same guy post the same message on 5 different threads?

you guys wanna clean this up..

( I can copy and paste too)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the moderators let the same guy post the same message on 5 different threads?

you guys wanna clean this up..

( I can copy and paste too)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros beat TG at Lax for Cure this year. I believe that Heros has never lost to TG's. If you are going to talk thrash maybe you should have your facts in order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was just looking at these US Club Lacrosse rankings. Did they just randomly pick names out of a hat?? Or maybe they forgot that Top Guns just beat M&D to win the MA Championship? Heros never beat TG either. I also don't see Legacy so high. How are they above Thorn? NXT too low. Who even is MD United? (I actually know who they are, but they do't belong in the top ten)

1. M&D Black
2.Heros Green
3. MDUnited
4.Top Guns Black
5.Grizzlies
6. Legacy
7. Steps
8. Skywalkers
9.Monster
10. YJ Thorn
11.Ultimate CC
12. Elite Orange
13.YJ Colbert
14. Snipers
15. Stars
17.TLC
18. Limitless
19. Dewlax
20.Team180
21. NXT
22. BBL
23. Coppermine
24. Mass Elite
25. Elevate

Hero's did beat TG. However TG beat M&D 2x last summer and once in the fall and they are ranked #1? M&D did not win Lax for the Cure or the Mid Atlantic the only 2 tournaments with a championship format. And who did MD United beat to be ranked #3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros beat TG at Lax for Cure this year. I believe that Heros has never lost to TG's. If you are going to talk thrash maybe you should have your facts in order.

True, my daughter plays for TG, and Heros beat us by one goal last summer, think that is the only time we played? We also beat M&D several times, as well as pretty much every other top team. We have a better all around record when compared to Heros. With that said, there is so much parity amongst the top teams, and no real #1. Any of the top teams can beat each other in any game. Although fall ball is not a real indication due to many missing, will be interesting to see how the games go in a couple weeks, I see we will be playing both M&D and Heros. Will be fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said! It should be fun to watch! The top teams are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And who did MD United beat to be ranked #3?

I dunno but MD United was beaten by Legacy. To be honest, who really cares about this ranking BS anyway? It means nothing at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These rankings are a waste and the only ones that look at these are parents. We have our kids in club lacrosse to get looked at for playing in college. When it comes to getting recruited all that matters is your daughters reaching out to colleges to come see them play. When they come to see them play they will only stay for a half at most. They could care less who won the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These rankings are a waste and the only ones that look at these are parents. We have our kids in club lacrosse to get looked at for playing in college. When it comes to getting recruited all that matters is your daughters reaching out to colleges to come see them play. When they come to see them play they will only stay for a half at most. They could care less who won the game.

Exactly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on down to Maryland for your beat down, NY & LI teams. Meet the new and improved M&D Black. Scary good. Going to be a waste of time and gas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Come on down to Maryland for your beat down, NY & LI teams. Meet the new and improved M&D Black. Scary good. Going to be a waste of time and gas.

M&D is da best. #1 ranked team in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Come on down to Maryland for your beat down, NY & LI teams. Meet the new and improved M&D Black. Scary good. Going to be a waste of time and gas.

Yawn......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn......

But they lost to TG the last few times they played. They were also ranked by the sames organization who ranked m&d united 3# who have never beaten anyone in the top ten. Go figure??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn......

But they lost to TG the last few times they played. They were also ranked by the sames organization who ranked m&d united 3# who have never beaten anyone in the top ten. Go figure??

How did that TGs do this weekend? Might have been better sleeping in for the weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Come on down to Maryland for your beat down, NY & LI teams. Meet the new and improved M&D Black. Scary good. Going to be a waste of time and gas.

Yawn......

How did that TGs do this weekend? Might have been better sleeping in for the weekend.

Look out Kevin Hart you have some competition. Hilarious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love girl's lacrosse. No scores posted on TourneyMachine half the time. No playoffs or championships. No extra balls on the endline. No scorekeeper. It's like paying full price for a car wash that only cleans the left half of your car.

Anyway, please don't leave us in suspense. What were the final scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did that go this weekend? Did you all steal NY teams gas money?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D lost by a hair to TG and got dominated by YJ Thorn/Colbert. Score of 10-8 was from final 2 minute window dressing from 10-6.
YJ also controlled MD United, led Grizzlies until settling on tie, beat Steps, LaxManiax and BBL Elite. Not too shabby for first weekend playing together !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Come on down to Maryland for your beat down, NY & LI teams. Meet the new and improved M&D Black. Scary good. Going to be a waste of time and gas.

Yawn......

Look out Kevin Hart you have some competition. Hilarious.

Thanks for asking, TG had a great weekend despite missing players. Looks like M&D should slide down to about #5 after last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow , you all have a lot of excuses ,missing players ,settling on a tie, 2 minute window dressing .Or in other words , not a deeply talented team, the best we could do was tie the game as both teams are equally matched,they made a run at the end but thank goodness for shorter games. PATHETIC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me re-phrase my precious post then....this Very talented team whipped M & D went 5-0-1 again other very talented team !!! Twist that !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me re-phrase my precious post then....this Very talented team whipped M & D went 5-0-1 again other very talented team !!! Twist that !

So glad that you can FINALLY post that your daughters YJ won games. It took you until 9th grade and merging of two teams to do it. Relax and show some humility that your daughters team now plays in top brackets because we all know that up until now, your daughters team played in B brackets and even LOST to B teams. Didn’t see those teams on here bragging about beating down on you tho. Typical YJ trash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean a twizzler? lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He who laughs last my friend. 1 yr. out of top bracket and you’re wrong....you threw as much of your Trashy nonsense at YJ every shot you could. You were beating your chest so hard in the minor years.
So GLAD you felt so mighty for middle school years. Your trash has stunk for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow , you all have a lot of excuses ,missing players ,settling on a tie, 2 minute window dressing .Or in other words , not a deeply talented team, the best we could do was tie the game as both teams are equally matched,they made a run at the end but thank goodness for shorter games. PATHETIC.

Is this coming form the lost? You got beat by both YJ and TG this weekend. Now that's pathetic! Better get back to work, the summer will be here before you know it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So glad that you can FINALLY post that your daughters YJ won games. It took you until 9th grade and merging of two teams to do it. Relax and show some humility that your daughters team now plays in top brackets because we all know that up until now, your daughters team played in B brackets and even LOST to B teams. Didn’t see those teams on here bragging about beating down on you tho. Typical YJ trash.

Come on, they've been waiting 7 long years to stop being the laughing stock of Long Island lacrosse. Give them their day. The coach will blow it up soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 years? a little off on your math. Laughing stock? That would be the guy laughing at girls playing lax. Thx for your extreme generosity giving this team their day. As far as the coach comment, let's hope for the kids on this team it continues in a good direction. Go have fun being you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 years? a little off on your math. Laughing stock? That would be the guy laughing at girls playing lax. Thx for your extreme generosity giving this team their day. As far as the coach comment, let's hope for the kids on this team it continues in a good direction. Go have fun being you.

I’ve seen this team since they were in 3rd grade. They were always mediocre. They have one stand out player, girl from MC. Now that they added the Igloo player, yes only one that is a stand out, they have two girls that can play. That will carry this team far. The rest of the girls will be along for the ride, but will not play at top colleges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay , this average talent team beat MD by 2 in a short fall ball game, went 4-0-1 against the other teams we played but I will say 5-0-1 because I am a sad desperate parent who’s kid has been on the worst top YJ team in a long time . TWISTED.
That said I enjoyed your first pathetic post more “controlled “ MD United is amazing , amazingly pathetic. The college coaches are going to really enjoy getting to know the guy bragging about his kids team doing so well in the short game time fall tournament .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a handful of girls played in third grade on a fourth grade b team. interesting that you know this and are still following them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has a bad weekend. Happens. Overall record speaks for itself. It’s great to have good competitive games, time to stop chest pounding and worry about your own kids individual performance. As long as your team is in the top mix, what your daughter does on the field is far more important than the win at this stage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 4th grade, YJ A has always been the dumpster fire of 2023. Why is that exactly?

I’m sure TG and Legacy look forward to seeing your girls at tryouts next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's November. Why don't you knuckleheads go enjoy watching your daughters play their winter sport (hopefully they play one).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News FLASH....brine AA games and those bogus money grab 'select' teams are a joke.
Ask any college coach and the only legit 'who's who of HS lacrosse" is the UA underclassman games. A girl making the UA long island team separates herself from the rest. So you all want to talk about who is better, TG, or elevate or YJ; well the best girls are the ones that make the UA long island team. Usually those girls are from the older grade but I believe 5 or 6 2023 girls made last summers team think 2 from TG and 4 or 5 from the new YJ team. This summer the command team will be mostly 2023 girls with a few 24's.. The top girls in this 23 class should be training and working to make that team. You go to that tourney in MD and college coaches are lined up by the dozen watching those games.
So whatever team you are on, if your daughters goal is to be a top player and be seen then her goal should be to make that team. Good luck to all the 2023 girls; its a very deep class here on the island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News FLASH....brine AA games and those bogus money grab 'select' teams are a joke.
Ask any college coach and the only legit 'who's who of HS lacrosse" is the UA underclassman games. A girl making the UA long island team separates herself from the rest. So you all want to talk about who is better, TG, or elevate or YJ; well the best girls are the ones that make the UA long island team. Usually those girls are from the older grade but I believe 5 or 6 2023 girls made last summers team think 2 from TG and 4 or 5 from the new YJ team. This summer the command team will be mostly 2023 girls with a few 24's.. The top girls in this 23 class should be training and working to make that team. You go to that tourney in MD and college coaches are lined up by the dozen watching those games.
So whatever team you are on, if your daughters goal is to be a top player and be seen then her goal should be to make that team. Good luck to all the 2023 girls; its a very deep class here on the island

UA is the same weekend as G8 next year. From what I’m hearing Coaches will be putting a priority on recruiting G8 over UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA is the same weekend as G8 next year. From what I’m hearing Coaches will be putting a priority on recruiting G8 over UA.

Guess there will be a lot of TG players that make UA...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who told you that but they misinformed you. The top programs will be at UA not Nike G8
If you were a coach would you go watch the best 20 from each area if you could or would you go watch a tourney of 50 travel teams???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who told you that but they misinformed you. The top programs will be at UA not Nike G8
If you were a coach would you go watch the best 20 from each area if you could or would you go watch a tourney of 50 travel teams???

We’ll some of the Coaches your talking about are the same ones that must of misinformed me. The Coaches will want to get a last look at the 22s before making there offers in about a month. For the most part there will only be a few 22s that make the Highlight UA team. Most of the teams will be made up of majority 21s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]News FLASH....brine AA games and those bogus money grab 'select' teams are a joke.
So whatever team you are on, if your daughters goal is to be a top player and be seen then her goal should be to make that team. Good luck to all the 2023 girls; its a very deep class here on the island[/quot

While I agree the UA teams are usually the more "legit" representation of the better players from each region there is still a ton of politics involved ."Working and training to make that team " is ridiculous , work and train to be the best player you can be and the rest will take care of itself. Lined u by the dozen is not exactly true either , yes many are there but no more than at the A level of other big tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you both make fair points.
We can all speculate on what is better or worse in the future but we can’t argue with what has already happened.
If you look at the history of the UA underclass tourney since it started; about 15 years and prior to that the big team was the Empire State games. Look at where those boys/girls went on to play college ball. Probably 90% went in to top 10 programs.
That said It’s only a small select number of kids that make it; not going to get into politics but as we know there will always be a little Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And involved in any lacrosse team, so my point is there are many very good girls that don’t make the team or don’t try out. They will find those girls at other tourneys or via videos or word of mouth. If a girl is that good..... you will he found!!!
So I won’t argue that the UA isn’t the best group of girls at one place, but it’s not the only way. And not to sound cliche but a girls options are increased immensely when she has excellent grades. Good luck 2023. Lots of you will be playing varsity this year, hope to see you tear it up, and to those that have already played up, keep working hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After fall ball and seeing a lot of these teams play each other some new teams that were formed here is a Tier group ( my opinion only). Too hard and early to rank. But for fun and to get yelled at I will at the end.
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After fall ball and seeing a lot of these teams play each other some new teams that were formed here is a Tier group ( my opinion only). Too hard and early to rank. But for fun and to get yelled at I will at the end.
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

Being that M&D lost to your tier 2 selections (Capital Blue, Steps), I would called this skewed already. Plus SW beat M&D so I suppose they should be a top 5 above them too. Perhaps you did not see things as you thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D had a tough fall losing to Steps, Skywalkers, TG and YJ. If you listed it in order M&D ranked 1 is questionable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha.
So you think when an unranked team beats a top 10 team that means they should jump into the top 25 in football, basketball or any sport. They are called upsets and they happen.
That was the first and only time M&D lost to steps or capital.
Great win for those teams but don’t mean they belong in top tier.
Does it?? I think outside that win just this fall steps lost to YJ, Monster and Ultimate CC.
Alabama lost to Auburn Saturday. Does that mean auburn is in the playoff picture?? Nope they have 3 losses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha.
So you think when an unranked team beats a top 10 team that means they should jump into the top 25 in football, basketball or any sport. They are called upsets and they happen.
Does it?? I think outside that win just this fall steps lost to YJ, Monster and Ultimate CC.
Alabama lost to Auburn Saturday. Does that mean auburn is in the playoff picture?? Nope they have 3 losses.

notIntelligent response. Its called a pattern of bad loses. In the short fall season, your M&D team lost to, your perceived tier 2 teams. What about a lose to teams last year that you didn't even mention?

Duke was #1 in BB. Had a bad loss to SFA. So they dropped from the top rank. If they had 2 of those in back to back weekends, where would you put Duke BB then?

Like I said, not a logical response at all.

Next...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has 4 losses in probably 7 years prior to the fall. Doesn’t drop them into 2nd tier.
Next yourself
M&D still the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is still top tier, maybe just not clear #1. The top tier is probably bigger than just those you listed though, as parity seems to dominate among top teams. NXT and Capital Blue went to finals of Level Nine, so I think both could be considered top tier afterwards, although I don't know if you would have had them in it before. But when you look at what they did over the fall (NXT wins vs Skywalkers, Grizzlies, Ultimate CC, Capital Blue, BBL Elite; and Capital Blue wins vs M&D, Monsters, Salt City, BBL Elite, Mass Elite and only losses to Tier 1 teams), they probably go into the Tier 1 category too. So M&D's losses aren't bad loses, just loses to other Tier 1 teams. Which makes the point that Tier 1's are probably teams that beat each other, but then beat the other Tiers when they play them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches recruit players not teams so who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is still top tier, maybe just not clear #1. The top tier is probably bigger than just those you listed though, as parity seems to dominate among top teams. NXT and Capital Blue went to finals of Level Nine, so I think both could be considered top tier afterwards, although I don't know if you would have had them in it before. But when you look at what they did over the fall (NXT wins vs Skywalkers, Grizzlies, Ultimate CC, Capital Blue, BBL Elite; and Capital Blue wins vs M&D, Monsters, Salt City, BBL Elite, Mass Elite and only losses to Tier 1 teams), they probably go into the Tier 1 category too. So M&D's losses aren't bad loses, just loses to other Tier 1 teams. Which makes the point that Tier 1's are probably teams that beat each other, but then beat the other Tiers when they play them.

You bring up great points. So many nut job parents want to call their kids team #1, which is ridiculous. How about appreciate the talented teams out there and be happy that your kids are playing a sport that they love (hopefully). Enjoy the competitive spirit of the great organizations. Most of all what the next poster said “coaches recruit players not teams/organizations.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has 4 losses in probably 7 years prior to the fall. Doesn’t drop them into 2nd tier.
Next yourself
M&D still the best.

First of all...4 losses in the last "7" (6) years is not even close to being true. And yeah...I get it was said in jest.

No one said that it drop M&D to 2nd tier. It was to respond to the lunacy of the tier system stated as M&D did lose to perceived 2nd tier teams. So don't get all protective and such. And at this time, M&D is not the best team. Fact...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college recruiter ever cared what teams won how many games. The top players will all go to top schools for all these teams. That is all that matters. That is why we play club lacrosse to get seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody gets its-- make sure your D is being showcased for the coaches , All these notIntelligent discussions of who is top dog will seem so silly when your kid is in college playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed my D is playing along side YJ and TG girls that we hated playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha.

Also, you jumped YJ up to #2 after a couple good games? They have no body of work. You did exactly what you are arguing against!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I am hearing top programs in 2021,22,23 and 24 are dropping out of Nike G8 because of The UA tourney
Any truth to that??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I am hearing top programs in 2021,22,23 and 24 are dropping out of Nike G8 because of The UA tourney
Any truth to that??

That is not going to happen. At best 1-2 girls from each top teams will play in UA. So you going to give up a great recruiting tournament for max of 2 players per team? By the way UA isn't the ticket to playing at top schools. Many top tier players never play on the UA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

That is not going to happen. At best 1-2 girls from each top teams will play in UA. So you going to give up a great recruiting tournament for max of 2 players per team? By the way UA isn't the ticket to playing at top schools. Many top tier players never play on the UA teams.

Contrary to your point which I happen to agree with the YJ have dropped out Nike G8
I guess they think they will have a few more than 2 on the UA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

I am going to agree that you don’t need to make UA to be considered a great player.
However check out the roster for Long Island in 2014, or 15 and You will see household names of girls who have gone on to become college AA’s. So no you don’t need to make UA but if your daughter does, history has shown us it goes a long way and many have followed through with great careers.
Just making it to the callback game is tough and a good accomplishment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

I am going to agree that you don’t need to make UA to be considered a great player.
However check out the roster for Long Island in 2014, or 15 and You will see household names of girls who have gone on to become college AA’s. So no you don’t need to make UA but if your daughter does, history has shown us it goes a long way and many have followed through with great careers.

Does anyone know anything about UA 150??
Application has to besubmitted soon and they choose 150 girls in the 2022 and 23 class. Is this a bit of a money grab or is it worth applying?? Thx in advance for any thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

Application has to besubmitted soon and they choose 150 girls in the 2022 and 23 class. Is this a bit of a money grab or is it worth applying?? Thx in advance for any thoughts

Sounds like it's more for girls not good enough to make the regular UA team, but are still decent players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

Do girls showing up for this get a fair look or is the team basically picked before the tryout?? Over $100 to tryout but heard they had like 150 girls tryout last summer. Sounds to me that unless they know your name this is a UA donation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 150 is comprised of 8(?) or so teams. They also have a combine.
Its different from the UA AA. That would only be one team from your area, The 150 is 8 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its different from the UA AA. That would only be one team from your area, The 150 is 8 teams.

You’re it’s 8 teams at UA150 but UA underclass has 12 teams (regions)
Obviously a lot harder to make Baltimore and Long Island team than it Is South or West.
You would think that the regions would want to be represented with the best team possible. That said politics always finds its way when it comes to these events. I figure an area like Baltimore or LI is represented with the best of the best from 1-18. 19 and 20 on the roster could possibly be a Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And but they better be a darn good Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And

UA 150 is good but making the UA underclass from a hot bed area is much more beneficial

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA 150 cost $400+
UA underclass all American games are FREE
Right there is your answer what’s tougher to make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

Its a money grab. Very few coaches attend this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]M&D has 4 losses in probably 7 years prior to the fall. Doesn’t drop them into 2nd tier.
Next yourself
M&D still the best.

M&D at one time thought they were the hands down best team. However there is parity in this age group in the top tier. Anyone can be beaten on any given day. This summer will be interesting and competitive. The top teams will be in the top brackets facing off against each other. With their new additions I'm sure YJ will now be in the top bracket and that will add another strong team into the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]After fall ball and seeing a lot of these teams play each other some new teams that were formed here is a Tier group ( my opinion only). Too hard and early to rank. But for fun and to get yelled at I will at the end.
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

Jesters will be challenging to get into Tier 1 by the end of the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]After fall ball and seeing a lot of these teams play each other some new teams that were formed here is a Tier group ( my opinion only). Too hard and early to rank. But for fun and to get yelled at I will at the end.
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

Legacy should be in Tier 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Let me re-phrase my precious post then....this Very talented team whipped M & D went 5-0-1 again other very talented team !!! Twist that !

A 10-8 whipping. LOL. Can't wait to see you down in Maryland again this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

Legacy should be in Tier 1

Agree Legacy should be in the top tier.
Excellent coach
Very good goalie and no weak spots on the field.
Do not have the talent that YJ and TG has across the board but they are a very good team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has Excellent Coach, Very good Goalie, an athletic kiddie and very good players in most position. Not Tier 1 though. Would get handled easily by those teams. Right in the mix of Tier 2. Winning many losing some. Considering most players were on other teams when they formed and they had to build from a Third Tier level, it is a nice team after 3 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

And was far from handled by Hero's Green when played. I think Legacy would welcome to play YJ or TG on the island sometime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Team but Not their 1.

YJ & TG are better at every position. Not a single position where they are better and as a Team, very small and not as physical.

It’s Ok, to rise from Teur 3 to Teir 2 and as you said, have a couple of isolated wins agains NXT and Skywalkers. That is Nice. Just not Tier 1 competitive consistently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

And was far from handled by Hero's Green when played. I think Legacy would welcome to play YJ or TG on the island sometime.

And Monster Purple I believe.

I’m sure all the parents and young ladies involved would love to scrimmage. The clubs will never do it. We all have to drive 5 hours to play in different brackets and never see each other except in rest stops along the Jersey Tpke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

[quote=Anonymous]Legacy 23 has beaten

Skywalkers
NXT

from the top tier.

Legacy wants no part of YJ. YJ is much improved and the new coach is a win at any cost guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has good coaching, a few excellent players and many good role players. Overall the skill level is very good. They play a team game which is admirable. They have a very organized offense and defense.

What Legacy lacks - and what keeps them from being a top team - is competitive spirit. 80% of those girls don't care if they win or lose. They don't hustle. They quit on GBs. They make a bad pass and shake their heads instead of re-defending. The behavior is endemic to the team.

There are a few girls who are competitive and they stand out, especially with the backdrop of the other girls being so blah. Thats not a bad place to be during the recruiting years for those few girls. But on the whole, the team will never be anything substantial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has good coaching, a few excellent players and many good role players. Overall the skill level is very good. They play a team game which is admirable. They have a very organized offense and defense.

What Legacy lacks - and what keeps them from being a top team - is competitive spirit. 80% of those girls don't care if they win or lose. They don't hustle. They quit on GBs. They make a bad pass and shake their heads instead of re-defending. The behavior is endemic to the team.

There are a few girls who are competitive and they stand out, especially with the backdrop of the other girls being so blah. Thats not a bad place to be during the recruiting years for those few girls. But on the whole, the team will never be anything substantial.

I would love the hear your "competitive spirit" critique of the 23 YJ team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a Legacy parent made that critique. Proud of their team but frustrated with those that don’t hustle the way this Parent expects.
Hoping their child, that must be hustling, will stand out among that backdrop when recruiting time comes. Seems they have a brutally honest assessment of their own team and teammates. Not a bad thing until your teammates hear your opinion about them out loud. Everyone witnessed that guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy has good coaching, a few excellent players and many good role players. Overall the skill level is very good. They play a team game which is admirable. They have a very organized offense and defense.

The 2nd paragraph relates to coaching. If the coach tolerates girls giving up on ground balls, not redefending or hustling the coach should be held accountable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has Excellent Coach, Very good Goalie, an athletic kiddie and very good players in most position. Not Tier 1 though. Would get handled easily by those teams. Right in the mix of Tier 2. Winning many losing some. Considering most players were on other teams when they formed and they had to build from a Third Tier level, it is a nice team after 3 years.

Kudos to the coach. Like you said, very few studs and they’ve come a long way anyway. Impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

didn't they make 2 A teams this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. They made an A team and an AA team. That is the “competitive spirit” of the 23 YJ team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No. They made an A team and an AA team. That is the “competitive spirit” of the 23 YJ team.

An A and AA team. In other words an A and B team just like everyone else. Unless that "AA" enters into some top brackets in this summers tournaments they are B team and everyone knows it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes 2 A teams ...one has the coaches daughter.. who is a great player..its really the old igloo team .. thats the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy has good coaching, a few excellent players and many good role players. Overall the skill level is very good. They play a team game which is admirable. They have a very organized offense and defense.

The 2nd paragraph relates to coaching. If the coach tolerates girls giving up on ground balls, not redefending or hustling the coach should be held accountable.

You are 100% right. But let me ask, who cares? If the girls want to look like slobs in front of college coaches that's their problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t care if you call it AA or A or D. The top 2023 team at YJ that is coached by ESM coach is now the BEST team in the country. They are so deep with talent; they will lose some games and may encounter some sideline chatter because parents who are used to seeing their Sally play all game now will embrace a new role that may mean less minutes of PT.
That said top to bottom roster; YJ is the deepest and most talented in the 2023. Took them til HS but CR got this age too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t care if you call it AA or A or D. The top 2023 team at YJ that is coached by ESM coach is now the BEST team in the country. They are so deep with talent; they will lose some games and may encounter some sideline chatter because parents who are used to seeing their Sally play all game now will embrace a new role that may mean less minutes of PT.
That said top to bottom roster; YJ is the deepest and most talented in the 2023. Took them til HS but CR got this age too

We will see...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is spiked eggnog still available on the Island somewhere? Been looking for some....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great to be on the "best team" however players get recruited not teams. And before they are anointed the best team let's see how the chemistry on this team is lots of mouths to feed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR almost got it right. Still have a Daddy Coach who's priority is his daughter and don't every forget that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

dumpster fire again...its already a team full of egos ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That team will always be a dumpster fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That team will always be a dumpster fire.
Who cares if its the Best Team in the country, Rather have my child play than be in a back up roll . Wake up people. Get what you pay for .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Rather have my child play than be in a backup roll” means you do not see your daughter as a starter. In that case, yes, go and be happy and “get what you pay for!”
If you see your child as a starter, they must have some level of ego. The Greats in any sport have all had an egoist some kind that motivates them. That is the difference, the “piece” that separates them from good and great! It makes the best the best.
This so-called dumpster fire has the talent to torch. The games will speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Rather have my child play than be in a backup roll” means you do not see your daughter as a starter. In that case, yes, go and be happy and “get what you pay for!”
If you see your child as a starter, they must have some level of ego. The Greats in any sport have all had an egoist some kind that motivates them. That is the difference, the “piece” that separates them from good and great! It makes the best the best.
This so-called dumpster fire has the talent to torch. The games will speak for themselves.

YJ 2023 "The Talent to TORCH"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]“Rather have my child play than be in a backup roll” means you do not see your daughter as a starter. In that case, yes, go and be happy and “get what you pay for!”

No doubt this team has a lot of talent however it will be interesting how the other players adjust to a new alpha female on the team with her Dad running the show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 coaches butting heads will be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]“Rather have my child play than be in a backup roll” means you do not see your daughter as a starter. In that case, yes, go and be happy and “get what you pay for!”

If the Fall is any indication. Thorn will step aside and let Colbert run the show..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]“Rather have my child play th..ll” means you do not see your daughter as a starter. In that case, yes, go and be happy and “get what you pay for!”

If the Fall is any indication. Thorn will step aside and let Colbert run the show..

thats funny its not the kids with the egos its the parents who want their kid in that kind of toxic environment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree here as our schedule is strong and lots of depth and good balanced pt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100 percent in the fall the pt was fairly distributed. Pt going forward will be based on merit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100 percent in the fall the pt was fairly distributed. Pt going forward will be based on merit

This is the Igloo team we are talking about right? They took over YJ team right? Will be interesting they have the coaches daughter who basically is the team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 23 Talent to TORCH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With players that started on Varsity in 8th grade on 7 different top teams, 4 Under Armor U15 All Americans, 4 making Team USA U15 combine and 2 making the team, the top 2023 goalie in country, and a combination of top Igloo talent and YJ talent. You make your stunad statement because you want to stir the pot.
This team has chemistry already and is ready to take on anyone in this grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in the summer at showcases where everyone has to play at least 50% time. It's why wins and losses don't matter. Most teams don't coach to win. The point is to get the girls recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With players that started on Varsity in 8th grade on 7 different top teams, 4 Under Armor U15 All Americans, 4 making Team USA U15 combine and 2 making the team, the top 2023 goalie in country, and a combination of top Igloo talent and YJ talent. You make your stunad statement because you want to stir the pot.
This team has chemistry already and is ready to take on anyone in this grade.

lmao joke top teams are in MD....truth

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard