BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?

That's correct. Someone I know very well got an inquiry about coming back to their old team.

Good luck with Empire 😂😂. The problem with those kids is that they have no place to go. Their parents have burned virtually every bridge conceivable. The kids are decent players, but won’t be impactful on a better team; therefore, why would a coach disrupt team chemistry for a player that won’t make them better? They would be role players, which will make the parents angry, which will see them moving on to their next team the following year. And the cycle will continue. The parents ruined their opportunities. They will be going to individual showcases in the coming years.

It’s nit odd that people bash the Turtles. Many of those parents have made a lot of enemies on all of the clubs they’ve played for over the years. They have talked badly about other players on their teams from the sidelines and that doesn’t sit well. Cheer for your child and cheer for your team. But, don’t insult other kids because the play over your son. That’s plain unacceptable and the reason no one likes them.

In addition, we didn't have to lock our car doors at practice this year, and see the one father walk the sidelines with a lacrosse stick during the game while constantly spitting . What a relief.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs hold 91 to 2 goals...what happened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet JS wishes he gave the backup fogo some run now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyone else that’s pretty much lost interest in this whole travel lacrosse scene? We have 2 boys and a baby girl with the 14yo being the oldest and the little guy too young to play yet. My 14yo loves to play and I enjoy watching, but this has become an ordeal. Especially the away tournaments. I feel like we are in a heard of sheep at these events. Now that high school is around the corner, is there really any benefit in continuing this? He is a very good player, so I feel he will get noticed regardless. Am I wrong? Do colleges really focus on travel lacrosse more so than school ball? I get there are conflicts in the school season, but don’t colleges with competitive lacrosse programs scout high school anymore?
At this point, we already know who will beat who, so there is no point playing them again. Very few, if any, impact players are leaving their teams and many organizations will bring guest players to ensure a win if they feel a tournament will be competitive. My son has been asked to help other teams at times which I declined. I’m not here to brag, just fed up with the scene.

No you are not alone but you too will be back

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?[/quo

Good luck with Empire 😂😂. The problem with those kids is that they have no place to go. Their parents have burned virtually every bridge conceivable. The kids are decent players, but won’t be impactful on a better team; therefore, why would a coach disrupt team chemistry for a player that won’t make them better? They would be role players, which will make the parents angry, which will see them moving on to their next team the following year. And the cycle will continue. The parents ruined their opportunities. They will be going to individual showcases in the coming years.

It’s nit odd that people bash the Turtles. Many of those parents have made a lot of enemies on all of the clubs they’ve played for over the years. They have talked badly about other players on their teams from the sidelines and that doesn’t sit well. Cheer for your child and cheer for your team. But, don’t insult other kids because the play over your son. That’s plain unacceptable and the reason no one likes them.

In addition, we didn't have to lock our car doors at practice this year, and see the one father walk the sidelines with a lacrosse stick during the game while constantly spitting . What a relief.

You posted almost the exact corny joke not long ago and no one bit. Get a life. We get it you don’t like them. Move on.

It’s too good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyone else that’s pretty much lost interest in this whole travel lacrosse scene? We have 2 boys and a baby girl with the 14yo being the oldest and the little guy too young to play yet. My 14yo loves to play and I enjoy watching, but this has become an ordeal. Especially the away tournaments. I feel like we are in a heard of sheep at these events. Now that high school is around the corner, is there really any benefit in continuing this? He is a very good player, so I feel he will get noticed regardless. Am I wrong? Do colleges really focus on travel lacrosse more so than school ball? I get there are conflicts in the school season, but don’t colleges with competitive lacrosse programs scout high school anymore?
At this point, we already know who will beat who, so there is no point playing them again. Very few, if any, impact players are leaving their teams and many organizations will bring guest players to ensure a win if they feel a tournament will be competitive. My son has been asked to help other teams at times which I declined. I’m not here to brag, just fed up with the scene.

Your so fed up you cane on a lacrosse message board to discuss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?[/quo

You posted almost the exact corny joke not long ago and no one bit. Get a life. We get it you don’t like them. Move on.

It’s too good

Ouch, sounds like someone took a bite and/or hit a nerve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try but 5-2 score means fogo didnt really play a big role in game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try but 5-2 score means fogo didnt really play a big role in game.

Yes was a Low scoring game Our goalies played incredible and it was a great game they beat us up on LI and We got them back this weekend. Some incredible 2023 talent across the board this weekend Congrats to express on a Great win. Overall kids shouldn’t of been playing in that heat this weekend luckily nothing terrible happened Have a great summer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is due to kids playing too many games in extreme conditions and on top of that all the extras that go with it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?[/quo

You posted almost the exact corny joke not long ago and no one bit. Get a life. We get it you don’t like them. Move on.[/quote

Just let it go spend your money where you want

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a little advice and it is good. Being on The best team doesn't matter if your kid isn't getting or going to get good playing time move on. This is the last year anyone cares about winning starting next year it's all about kids getting prepared to be seen by college coaches through travel lacrosse and their individual HS seasons. Winning T shirt days and pounding your chest are finally gone and that is good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, the Bandit fogo is not as good as people think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?[/quo

You posted almost the exact corny joke not long ago and no one bit. Get a life. We get it you don’t like them. Move on.[/quote

Just let it go spend your money where you want

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a little advice and it is good. Being on The best team doesn't matter if your kid isn't getting or going to get good playing time move on. This is the last year anyone cares about winning starting next year it's all about kids getting prepared to be seen by college coaches through travel lacrosse and their individual HS seasons. Winning T shirt days and pounding your chest are finally gone and that is good

My older son is a 2021and this is so accurate Also feel like the parents care way more than the kids do about the petty stuff While not full go starting next year (summer) college coaches will be poking around 2023 players don't be the parent to ruin it for your kid word travels fast amongst coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Catholic schools incoming freshmen look very week at the NYS Regional Championships. Suffolk smoked them 19-2 and Adirondack beat them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Catholic schools incoming freshmen look very week at the NYS Regional Championships. Suffolk smoked them 19-2 and Adirondack beat them

There are no incoming catholic school kids on that team. Only a few showed up for the tryout. They then gave the team to the Long Beach PAL Coach. He then filled the team with his son and his friends. about 90% of the kids are from Long Beach. He also had his son and his 2 nephews added to the all star game. All these kids were cut in the 1st round of tryouts for the Nassau team. Total Joke!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no incoming catholic school kids on that team. Only a few showed up for the tryout. They then gave the team to the Long Beach PAL Coach. He then filled the team with his son and his friends. about 90% of the kids are from Long Beach. He also had his son and his 2 nephews added to the all star game. All these kids were cut in the 1st round of tryouts for the Nassau team. Total Joke!!!

If it's (tournament) is a total joke, what does that say about the parents who are suppose to be leading their kids? Keep running and chasing, all while the money is flying from your pockets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After the top 25 game, the tournament is a joke. Many kids who make top 25 don’t even attend. NYC team is filled with kids that didn’t make the top 50 game. It’s a paY and play at that point. Don’t look at the allstar game with too much excitement either, they pick them during the second game and it’s mostly, if not all,political. Case in point the parochial kids on allstar game. His son is maybe worse defensemen there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Igloo helmets at tryouts this week. Tyranny has begun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After the top 25 game, the tournament is a joke. Many kids who make top 25 don’t even attend. NYC team is filled with kids that didn’t make the top 50 game. It’s a paY and play at that point. Don’t look at the allstar game with too much excitement either, they pick them during the second game and it’s mostly, if not all,political. Case in point the parochial kids on allstar game. His son is maybe worse defensemen there.

Who runs the tournament? I thought it had the potential to be like the Empire State Games but looking like just another money maker. Its a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not suprising

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I hear a few of their better middies are headed to Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who runs the tournament? I thought it had the potential to be like the Empire State Games but looking like just another money maker. Its a shame.

FLG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which tryouts are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong. Express is very deep & done well with their current & talented middies. Nobody needs disgruntled players/parents. Try the Rebels - that is probably a better fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they from igloos A or B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong. Express is very deep & done well with their current & talented middies. Nobody needs disgruntled players/parents. Try the Rebels - that is probably a better fit.

Makes sense. Rebels have the worst parents and cheater coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Express Middie Mom . Did you think CoachC wasn't going to look to improve his club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Lots of Igloo helmets at tryouts this week. Tyranny has begun.

I heard some of the middies were told to just commit, no tryout needed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Lots of Igloo helmets at tryouts this week. Tyranny has begun.

I heard some of the middies were told to just commit, no tryout needed

Nah, wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG.

Don't bring someone's kid into your argument. Totally unnecessary and unwarranted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's actually a pretty fun tournament for the kids. It's one of the few tournaments the teams all get to hang out with one another for 24 hours a day and get to know their teammates and teams from other regions. The parents are minimally involved and get to watch / enjoy the boys playing without the any pressure. the competition is okay but that's not the point. If your kid doesn't want to play then don't send him but he will be missing out on a fun couple days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless your son plays for an elite HS like Manhasset, GC, Chaminade, St. Anthony and a few others, his chances of being recruited out of HS are diminished. He can create a great highlight video from his HS games but that is only step 1 in the process and the colleges will want to see him playing live. One efficient way is to play for a club team that goes to the tournaments where most of the coaches attend. Since this is a 2023 forum you will have until at least Fall of their sophomore year before colleges will even glance at this grade. To answer your question, club lacrosse is not absolutely necessary but will make it easier to get noticed when the time comes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes sense. Rebels have the worst parents and cheater coaches.

How do coaches cheat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's that time of year again. If you can't beat them then join them time. Well T-shirt days are over. If you are riding the bench change teams and start buying your kid shirts. Playing time should always be top Priority . That will be more important now then ever. Good luck all..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's that time of year again. If you can't beat them then join them time. Well T-shirt days are over. If you are riding the bench change teams and start buying your kid shirts. Playing time should always be top Priority . That will be more important now then ever. Good luck all..

I would hope your HS team is more important than some lame club team, but hey whatever your priorities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless your son plays for an elite HS like Manhasset, GC, Chaminade, St. Anthony and a few others, his chances of being recruited out of HS are diminished. He can create a great highlight video from his HS games but that is only step 1 in the process and the colleges will want to see him playing live. One efficient way is to play for a club team that goes to the tournaments where most of the coaches attend. Since this is a 2023 forum you will have until at least Fall of their sophomore year before colleges will even glance at this grade. To answer your question, club lacrosse is not absolutely necessary but will make it easier to get noticed when the time comes.

Thank you for the informative and intelligent response. They are few and far between on this cesspool of forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, 5 years ago watching all the self proclaimed "little Johnny studs", some now are just run of the mill players. Kids that began playing late have now surpassed the 'studs" in sound fundamentals, skill and strength.

Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard