BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2026 (Mid-Atlantic Region)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on guys, why are you always hating 91 dad so much????

You know it was too sunny today......

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 with an impressive showing in Hershey. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hershey has become a joke and its a money maker for Hogan. Madlax won it should tell you how bad it is - yes Madlax who was garbage in HOCO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hershey has become a joke and its a money maker for Hogan. Madlax won it should tell you how bad it is - yes Madlax who was garbage in HOCO

There was a team or two in the A division that probably could have beaten Mad Lax in the AA. That Igloo team looked pretty solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2026 finished 4th in HOCO spring league and has already beat this summer Looneys and 91MD who finished 2nd and 3rd. Evolve Canada lost twice to Madlax at Hershey. Evolve won summer exposure tournament in June by beating BLC, Looneys and 91MD - all good HOCO elite teams plus VLC and AYLC. As you know AYLC was regular season champ in AAA HOCO. The only team Madlax cant beat right now is Hawks. How many teams have beaten Hawks this year?
You dont have to like Hogan tournament but you are notIntelligent to think no good teams at Hershey. If you want to see garbage look in the mirror.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the spring there was a lot of noise about AYLC and VLC belonging in the Elite Division in HOCO. So the summer is over and both teams played a number of elite teams - Hawks, Madlax, Looneys, 91MD, Diamondbacks. Maybe others too. Did they win any games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2026 finished 4th in HOCO spring league and has already beat this summer Looneys and 91MD who finished 2nd and 3rd. Evolve Canada lost twice to Madlax at Hershey. Evolve won summer exposure tournament in June by beating BLC, Looneys and 91MD - all good HOCO elite teams plus VLC and AYLC. As you know AYLC was regular season champ in AAA HOCO. The only team Madlax cant beat right now is Hawks. How many teams have beaten Hawks this year?
You dont have to like Hogan tournament but you are notintelligent to think no good teams at Hershey. If you want to see garbage look in the mirror.

Your consistent use of the term 'notintelligent' inthis forum is quite appealing from a literary basis and instantly converts the masses to your transitive views! How was your HOCO playoff experience again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 with an impressive showing in Hershey. Lol.

Did he use the phrase " give it to the 9th grader " or are those days over? ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dont have to like Hogan tournament but you are notIntelligent to think no good teams at Hershey. If you want to see garbage look in the mirror.

Mad lax cheated in the A division at HOCO and got disqualified in the playoffs for using kids that were too old. Mad lax was aware that these kids were too old, yet they chose to play them at HOCO the entire season. Mad lax has a reputation for doing this, in several age groups, not just 2026. I can only assume this occurs club wide at mad lax, and that their elite team does the same. Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad lax cheated in the A division at HOCO and got disqualified in the playoffs for using kids that were too old. Mad lax was aware that these kids were too old, yet they chose to play them at HOCO the entire season. Mad lax has a reputation for doing this, in several age groups, not just 2026. I can only assume this occurs club wide at mad lax, and that their elite team does the same. Sad.

Wait a minute! Are you claiming that a team in the elite division of the Greater Howard County Club Lacrosse league has a team with players older than the US Lacrosse recommended age guidelines? That is quite the accusation. I am sure that Madlax would be the only team daring enough to try such a thing. I have never once heard of any other elite team having older players on the roster that sounds absurd.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a minute! Are you claiming that a team in the elite division of the Greater Howard County Club Lacrosse league has a team with players older than the US Lacrosse recommended age guidelines? That is quite the accusation. I am sure that Madlax would be the only team daring enough to try such a thing. I have never once heard of any other elite team having older players on the roster that sounds absurd.

I’m saying they got caught, and it was proven. They admitted it and did not contest it. You are providing no specific examples other than speculation. Good try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure ML was using 2025 rostered players on that 26 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. And they won their playoff game against Bethesda but got disqualified for using 2025s, which allowed Bethesda to move on to the finals. Again, this was in A bracket obviously, not the elite. But the club has a history of cheating. A simple google search will tell you that much. It’s even in their reviews on their own Facebook page.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And even with those 2025s they still didn’t go undefeated in the A bracket. Personally, I feel that if you have a team in the elite division, your second team should at least be able to compete at AA. They took a team with 2025s and entered into the A division figuring they would blow everyone out and be able to post it on their website, but going into the playoffs they weren’t even the top seed, and they ended up getting disqualified for cheating. Not a good look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to go tryout for the Hawks or do you think it’s likely will they be keeping their team mostly as it is? Their record really is quite impressive with what they have. thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to go tryout for the Hawks or do you think it’s likely will they be keeping their team mostly as it is? Their record really is quite impressive with what they have. thoughts?

If you live in AAC, your kid is good on his own and doesn’t need any coaching, and you only care about the record, yes. Otherwise no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you live in AAC, your kid is good on his own and doesn’t need any coaching, and you only care about the record, yes. Otherwise no.

Got it. Your son didnt make the team and had to play for a team with a losing record. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it. Your son didnt make the team and had to play for a team with a losing record. .

My kid plays on a team that doesn’t compete in the elite division, and its the team he tried out for. And guess what? I am ok that he’s not elite. He’s 11 and has got a lot to learn. I bet my kid will still be playing when he’s a senior in high school and yours will have quit because he was tired of listening to you.
So my answer to the poster’s question remains the same, and you just showed the poster the true colors of the Annapolis Hawks following. Well done.
Care about more than a 42-0 record at the age of 11.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its ok to be mediocre and get passed by other kids. Talent breeds talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is #2 in MD? Looneys, BLC, Arden? Looking to tryout with best long term development. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Capital did not have any ineligible boys on the team and they were not disqualified. I'm sorry your son is not good enough to make Madlax, but I'l sure he's happy at BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is #2 in MD? Looneys, BLC, Arden? Looking to tryout with best long term development. Thank you.

Lots of good teams in Maryland for player development. I'd say it depends where you live. Those are all good teams but can't imagine they draw many of the same kids.
Good amount of geographic distance between them.

There are outliers but teams are centered around three areas:

Baltimore
Annapolis
Montgomery County

Obviously, some kids are willing to travel but most stick to their home turf. (Probably will change more as they get older.) Pick one of those areas and most of this board can give you a list of 3+ very good options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Capital did not have any ineligible boys on the team and they were not disqualified. I'm sorry your son is not good enough to make Madlax, but I'l sure he's happy at BLC.

Reading comprehension skills would come in handy here. We were talking about the A division at HOCO, not the elite. And Mad Lax was absolutely 100% disqualified from the playoffs in the A division at HOCO for using 2025s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax cheating in the A division is a FACT. Trying to dispute it just makes you look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry but as an parent why would you ever want you kid on the #2 team. Maybe I'm crazy but I want to best for my child in terms of education, sports, and any opportunity that presents itself.

Why would you want to be average?

You are wasting your money playing travel lacrosse to be average - go play REC!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are trying for best long term development, you shouldn’t limit your search to the #2 team, or the top 5 for that matter. There are a ton of teams with excellent player development going on. The top 3 take the superstars(or poach them from other teams with all kinds of promises attached) so coaches don’t have to really teach the game at all, but will take all the credit for “developing” them. My point is, don’t count out the AAA teams. If you are looking for a team to stay with long term, you should broaden your search outside the top 2.*

*personal opinion based on over 10 years of club lacrosse experiences and not looking to start a fight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are trying for best long term development, you shouldn’t limit your search to the #2 team, or the top 5 for that matter. There are a ton of teams with excellent player development going on. The top 3 take the superstars(or poach them from other teams with all kinds of promises attached) so coaches don’t have to really teach the game at all, but will take all the credit for “developing” them. My point is, don’t count out the AAA teams. If you are looking for a team to stay with long term, you should broaden your search outside the top 2.*

*personal opinion based on over 10 years of club lacrosse experiences and not looking to start a fight.

You need to be honest about your end goal for your child - if he just wants to play in play in public high school and club will do
If he wants to play in the MIAA - you need to look at top tier programs
If you look at the rosters of the top programs they are littered with D1 commits
AAA and AA and other programs fill D2 and D3 rosters and there is nothing wrong with that at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be interesting to see what True Annapolis can bring to the table from a numbers and talent perspective. They have a pretty solid model in different parts of the country. AYLC and Diamondbacks should be interesting tryouts as well. Some really talented kids in the area with choices of where they want to play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be interesting to see what True Annapolis can bring to the table from a numbers and talent perspective. They have a pretty solid model in different parts of the country. AYLC and Diamondbacks should be interesting tryouts as well. Some really talented kids in the area with choices of where they want to play

True, AYLC and Diamondbacks will need goalies and to compete next year - and defensemen - and faceoff guy - and middies - and attack

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Diamondbacks merging with SP/Swarm

Diamondbacks are also getting a new coach who doesnt have a kid in the program. He coaches multiple teams at API and he will turn them around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry but as an parent why would you ever want you kid on the #2 team. Maybe I'm crazy but I want to best for my child in terms of education, sports, and any opportunity that presents itself.

Why would you want to be average?

You are wasting your money playing travel lacrosse to be average - go play REC!!!!!!!

If I have the choice of my son getting significant playing time on the number 2 team, vs riding the bench on the the number 1 team, I’m taking the number 2 all day. These are young kids. Winning is great, but I want my son to develop as a player and to have fun. If all you care about is winning at 5th grade lacrosse, you’re a special kind of notIntelligent. You don’t develop by sitting the bench, and it’s not fun to sit on the bench. These are reasons that kids with tons of potential burn out early and quit.

Also, I know several people who didn’t even pick up a lacrosse stick until they were sophomores and juniors in high school and still went on to play in college, some at D1. I’ve also seen kids that were deemed prodigies early on flame out in high school. Everyone grows and develops at different levels. You definitely don’t need to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars in 5th grade to get your kid to a decent school. Just get them playing and find a coach that you trust.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never realized that the forum auto corrects the word s-t-u-p-i-d to notintelligent until now. I was wondering why I saw the term notintelligent over and over...I thought it was the same guy posting that term, but it’s been an auto correct the whole time. It’s all starting to make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on, True is coming to Annapolis? Seriously???

Do we really need another AA County team?

Isn't it already water down enough?

How many teams do we have, I'm counting 8.

PLC
Diamondback/Swarm
Sidewinders
Hawks
Bay Raiders
Bay Dogs
True Annpolis
Rockfish, not sure if I can count this one?

I'm sure I missed one or two.....

Doesn't anyone else see this as a money grab? Come on, guys...

There should be 2-3 AA teams which compete in HOCO and trash all the out of state teams.....

Would like to hear other opinions...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks carry 18. No weak links. Leaves plenty of talent for other teams. Other top programs carry so many more. See at NLF Laxachusets bench? Express same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts carries 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts carries 20

That should be one of the first questions when picking a team for your son. Any more than 18-20 and you may be better off some where else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AYLC carries 24 - only 14-16 show at practice - some kids dont come to tourneys and some kids quit in the middle of the season or quit in the middle of the game

Lets hope True is better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts carry 20?? Their sideline has 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts carry 20?? Their sideline has 20

Who cares????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my son rides the bench on an elite team, which AAA teams should we be considering to get a better chance to see the field. He is a very consistent and solid player, but plays behind bigger kids and coaches kids. Will there be movement of teams between elite and AAA? Tryouts start soon and I am trying to get some honest feedback through all of the we are better than you chatter.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard