Lax 4 Hope 7v7 Tournament Posted in the Forums Section!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 08/17/19 10:13 AM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous. 08/17/19 09:48 AM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 08/17/19 09:19 AM
Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 08/17/19 09:01 AM
Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 08/17/19 07:45 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 08/16/19 11:16 PM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 08/16/19 09:55 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,737
Posts253,845
Members2,128
Most Online6,212
Aug 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 96 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 95 96
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #289078
07/18/19 08:49 AM
07/18/19 08:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gentleman why do all of you guys argue about meaningless stuff. All of you should be happy you have a healthy young man that is playing a sport he hopefully loves. In three years all this travel garbage is obsolete, none of it matters. I wish you all good luck and i hope all the kids that play go on to play Lacrosse at the next level whether is D-1,2,3. Education is all that counts. Enjoy the rest of the summer with your families and stop the arguing...

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289192
07/19/19 03:19 PM
07/19/19 03:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?

That's correct. Someone I know very well got an inquiry about coming back to their old team.

Good luck with Empire 😂😂. The problem with those kids is that they have no place to go. Their parents have burned virtually every bridge conceivable. The kids are decent players, but won’t be impactful on a better team; therefore, why would a coach disrupt team chemistry for a player that won’t make them better? They would be role players, which will make the parents angry, which will see them moving on to their next team the following year. And the cycle will continue. The parents ruined their opportunities. They will be going to individual showcases in the coming years.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289225
07/20/19 09:42 AM
07/20/19 09:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its kind of odd to see all of this constant bashing of a first year team. Makes you think that it might be coming from the coach that is trying to poach all of its players

Noooo, you think?

That's correct. Someone I know very well got an inquiry about coming back to their old team.

Good luck with Empire 😂😂. The problem with those kids is that they have no place to go. Their parents have burned virtually every bridge conceivable. The kids are decent players, but won’t be impactful on a better team; therefore, why would a coach disrupt team chemistry for a player that won’t make them better? They would be role players, which will make the parents angry, which will see them moving on to their next team the following year. And the cycle will continue. The parents ruined their opportunities. They will be going to individual showcases in the coming years.

It’s nit odd that people bash the Turtles. Many of those parents have made a lot of enemies on all of the clubs they’ve played for over the years. They have talked badly about other players on their teams from the sidelines and that doesn’t sit well. Cheer for your child and cheer for your team. But, don’t insult other kids because the play over your son. That’s plain unacceptable and the reason no one likes them.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289234
07/20/19 11:44 AM
07/20/19 11:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noooo, you think?

It’s nit odd that people bash the Turtles. Many of those parents have made a lot of enemies on all of the clubs they’ve played for over the years. They have talked badly about other players on their teams from the sidelines and that doesn’t sit well. Cheer for your child and cheer for your team. But, don’t insult other kids because the play over your son. That’s plain unacceptable and the reason no one likes them.

I second that. You're most likely correct, it's not the organization. I know last year, especially one (parent), was constantly talking badly about other kid(s) that have played over his son. I couldn't be on the sidelines with him again, it's disruptive and classless, but take into consideration who it's coming from.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289243
07/20/19 01:33 PM
07/20/19 01:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noooo, you think?

I second that. You're most likely correct, it's not the organization. I know last year, especially one (parent), was constantly talking badly about other kid(s) that have played over his son. I couldn't be on the sidelines with him again, it's disruptive and classless, but take into consideration who it's coming from.

Why are all these elitist Igloo posts keep coming? How many more will be leaving your team this year?

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #289296
07/21/19 02:04 AM
07/21/19 02:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please explain how a kid gets cut from the Suffolk all star team and doesn’t play in the Nassau Suffolk game shows up to practice and kids ask him what are you doing here and he responds that he is now on the team and playing with them up in Binghamton???how does this happen??? Why have tryouts??? Just let JS pick the kids he wants to play. SMH!!!

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289300
07/21/19 06:48 AM
07/21/19 06:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please explain how a kid gets cut from the Suffolk all star team and doesn’t play in the Nassau Suffolk game shows up to practice and kids ask him what are you doing here and he responds that he is now on the team and playing with them up in Binghamton???how does this happen??? Why have tryouts??? Just let JS pick the kids he wants to play. SMH!!!

There were many kids that could not attend so next people up on the list were extended invites in the desired positions
Signed Suffolk coaches

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289301
07/21/19 06:50 AM
07/21/19 06:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noooo, you think?

This will get better by this age kids find their places and there is less drama

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #289344
07/21/19 05:44 PM
07/21/19 05:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there anyone else that’s pretty much lost interest in this whole travel lacrosse scene? We have 2 boys and a baby girl with the 14yo being the oldest and the little guy too young to play yet. My 14yo loves to play and I enjoy watching, but this has become an ordeal. Especially the away tournaments. I feel like we are in a heard of sheep at these events. Now that high school is around the corner, is there really any benefit in continuing this? He is a very good player, so I feel he will get noticed regardless. Am I wrong? Do colleges really focus on travel lacrosse more so than school ball? I get there are conflicts in the school season, but don’t colleges with competitive lacrosse programs scout high school anymore?
At this point, we already know who will beat who, so there is no point playing them again. Very few, if any, impact players are leaving their teams and many organizations will bring guest players to ensure a win if they feel a tournament will be competitive. My son has been asked to help other teams at times which I declined. I’m not here to brag, just fed up with the scene.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289349
07/21/19 06:57 PM
07/21/19 06:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noooo, you think?

In addition, we didn't have to lock our car doors at practice this year, and see the one father walk the sidelines with a lacrosse stick during the game while constantly spitting . What a relief.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289354
07/21/19 07:36 PM
07/21/19 07:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noooo, you think?

In addition, we didn't have to lock our car doors at practice this year, and see the one father walk the sidelines with a lacrosse stick during the game while constantly spitting . What a relief.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #289355
07/21/19 07:50 PM
07/21/19 07:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs hold 91 to 2 goals...what happened

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289365
07/21/19 10:16 PM
07/21/19 10:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet JS wishes he gave the backup fogo some run now.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289366
07/21/19 10:17 PM
07/21/19 10:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet JS wishes he gave the backup fogo some run now.

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289370
07/21/19 10:30 PM
07/21/19 10:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there anyone else that’s pretty much lost interest in this whole travel lacrosse scene? We have 2 boys and a baby girl with the 14yo being the oldest and the little guy too young to play yet. My 14yo loves to play and I enjoy watching, but this has become an ordeal. Especially the away tournaments. I feel like we are in a heard of sheep at these events. Now that high school is around the corner, is there really any benefit in continuing this? He is a very good player, so I feel he will get noticed regardless. Am I wrong? Do colleges really focus on travel lacrosse more so than school ball? I get there are conflicts in the school season, but don’t colleges with competitive lacrosse programs scout high school anymore?
At this point, we already know who will beat who, so there is no point playing them again. Very few, if any, impact players are leaving their teams and many organizations will bring guest players to ensure a win if they feel a tournament will be competitive. My son has been asked to help other teams at times which I declined. I’m not here to brag, just fed up with the scene.

No you are not alone but you too will be back

Page 91 of 96 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 95 96