BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2028-3rd Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a dog in any of this and I don't even have any kids this age. But man this thread is ugly, even by BOTC posting standards. Get a grip people, none of this is as important as you think it is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight. Leaving a top team to go to a horrible organization. See how that works out.

Last edited by lax516; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This chain is actually civil. Vitriol towards one program largely because of a few of their parents, mom's actually, that have earned it and are an embarrassment to the program, their husbands, their sons and themselves. Not one other program is being bashed or kids or parents being called out. Everyone else is enjoying letting their boys just play and letting the chips fall where they may.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good bye Rebels... so sad to see you go. Good luck battling the Outlaws next year in the consolation games. That is how you're going to roll...

Ask the Rebels origination where the box uniforms that were part of the tuition? They did looked nice for sale at the tent at the spring jam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will have a 2028 team , but all others ages will be extinct, this past year was horrible at every age.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will have 2028 team only. All others failed big time this year. Fish rots from the head down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chain in not civil top teams always get ripped on every thread. Rebels will be an improved team next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will have 2028 team only. All others failed big time this year. Fish rots from the head down.

What team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles had a tough year
Rebels all good, and improving at most ages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be coaching the Rebels 2028 second team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the turtle directors- and someone tell them to get off back of the cage and go find some kids to fill their rosters for next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been told that the same coaches that are coaching the 2nd 2028 team that was advertised for this year. The 2028 Rebels and the 2028 Rebels East. How is the 2nd team doing this year? Nice try. The Rebels will have a team, 1 Team and it will have a totally different look. Might be good but only time will tell. Just have to replace 8 players. Most started but all contributed as did he others who will be staying. Good luck to all players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd Team now that's funny...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until someone is willing to put their name to these unfounded accusations then that is what they are, unfounded. How about everyone take a deep breath, understand that in travel sports kids will move around, for what ever the reason is. If the parents would just accept it for what it is there is no reason to bash anyone. It’s just wrong what has been going on in this thread. Let the kids”and parents” go where they want. Make the situation you have chosen the best for your kid and that’s that. The ‘28 rebels will be fine as will the ‘28 turtles, ‘91, rebels, Mooselax, outlaws,etc. etc. there is plenty of players talent and coaches talent to go around. I say time to put this in the tea view mirror and look forward to an exciting and competitive 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until someone is willing to put their name to these unfounded accusations then that is what they are, unfounded. How about everyone take a deep breath, understand that in travel sports kids will move around, for what ever the reason is. If the parents would just accept it for what it is there is no reason to bash anyone. It’s just wrong what has been going on in this thread. Let the kids”and parents” go where they want. Make the situation you have chosen the best for your kid and that’s that. The ‘28 rebels will be fine as will the ‘28 turtles, ‘91, rebels, Mooselax, outlaws,etc. etc. there is plenty of players talent and coaches talent to go around. I say time to put this in the tea view mirror and look forward to an exciting and competitive 2020.

Last edited by lax516; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad I guess you don’t get it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the rebels teams this weekend that are in the single A or B brackets. Is it really an AAA organization if only one or sometimes 2 teams are legitimately playing in the best possible bracket??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tryout landscape like at this age? Seems like 2Way, Legacy, and Rebels all had strong teams with the usual powers of Express, Igloo, and 91 not as dominant at this age group. I'm sure we'll see all different helmets at each tryout as everyone tries to catch on with a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comprehensive guide to 2019-2020 teams this

24 - no team last season, possible eastern Suffolk team

91 - looking to make an elite squad of 18 this year, and then have an A team
- competitive team

Bengals - Nassau team, did not have good results last season

East Coast Elite - did not have enough 2028 last year to field a 2028 team last year, should be a good group of kids from Sayville area, no off Island traveling

Empire - base of the team is from Sachem, had some ok results in 2018-2019

Express - started the season off with really bad results but improved, will certainly be looking to upgrade for 2019-2020
-possibly a competitive team

FLG - has some good results at the end of 2019 season

Igloo - A team had some good results
-possibly a competitive team

Long Island Lacrosse Club - did not field a team in 2018-19

Outlaws - had a hard time competing with A/AA squads, will be looking to upgrade

Rebels - strong team, will allegedly break next season, Mt. Sinai boys will stay, most of the Smithtown kids will go, will still be a strong team
-competitive team

R U S H - had good results last season, mostly East Islip and Connequot kids, might do 2 teams next season
-competitive team

S2S - had poor results last season, will be looking to upgrade

Tenacious Turtles - Did not field a team in 2018-2019, will mostly be filled with the Smithtown kids leaving the Rebels to go with their town coach. I’m sure some other kids will follow
- should be a competitive team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great guide. 91, Rebels, legacy and renegades are the teams to get too, great coaching staffs and results this year. I would shy away from turtles heard they aren't getting much attention at most grad levels, they recruit heavily, fill you will promises, then everyone leaves year in year out, they wont be around much longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels 28 Coach was just named a Director of their club - who moved to Turtles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great guide. 91, Rebels, legacy and renegades are the teams to get too, great coaching staffs and results this year. I would shy away from turtles heard they aren't getting much attention at most grad levels, they recruit heavily, fill you will promises, then everyone leaves year in year out, they wont be around much longer.

R.U.S. H

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes some but not all Smithtown players will be going to the Turtles.

At least 2 Smithtown players will be returning to the Rebels

The Rebels have been amazing and I would highly recommend you see what they are about during tryouts. We have a lot of fun as a team, the parents all get along and it has been awesome seeing each kid development at an elite level.

My son will be trying out again. I too will be at tryouts on Monday. If you have any questions seek me out.
CQ

Last edited by lax516; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy was somehow excluded from the list, they are a very competitive team, with them beating 91 again you’d have to imagine they will have a very popular tryout. They have a lot of kids from the West Islip area.

Legacy, Rebels and R U S H have tryouts at the same time on Thursday, certainly forcing decisions for a few players/families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades? This is the first I’ve heard of this team? Any further info?

I just noticed with the quote it says R U S H with periods....
if you type it normal it is changed to Rebels.....

Mods why the censorship on R U S H ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would 7 of the 9 Smithtown kids leave such a successful team?? Maybe winning is not everything at the 9 year old level. Perhaps keeping stats and posting them could rub people the wrong way or maybe it's the coaches getting paid Bonus money for 9 year old's performance that just seems unethical .I'm sure the 2 that are staying have their reasons ($$) but I would love to know the whole story behind this split. I just want to know where the mom who was ready to throw fists at Laxfest is headed.. LMAO. I have a feeling she is a REBEL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would 7 of the 9 Smithtown kids leave such a successful team?? Maybe winning is not everything at the 9 year old level. Perhaps keeping stats and posting them could rub people the wrong way or maybe it's the coaches getting paid Bonus money for 9 year old's performance that just seems unethical .I'm sure the 2 that are staying have their reasons ($$) but I would love to know the whole story behind this split. I just want to know where the mom who was ready to throw fists at Laxfest is headed.. LMAO. I have a feeling she is a REBEL.

Thanks for the update Turtle directors! Winning is not everything, but great coaching and people are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You kidding me 2028 9 year olds same forum different age people have problems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 91 Venom pull out of Hershey, or is tourney machine acting up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slime.. That's funny. Is that why the 90 percent of the group who has played for him for 3 years wants to continue to do so. Very adult or professional to come on her and use words like "Donk" and "slime". Your opinion about the best kids staying will only be settled next year. The fact that someone from the Rebels or a parent of a player comes on here and calls people name (lol) is reason enough to leave that type of atmosphere. Do you not see how bad that makes you guys look? Just have your tryout, field your team and move on. Why so bitter if the best kids stayed??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've silently watched this thread for the last few weeks- and it's disgusting that the Rebels/ Turtles discussion keeps popping up! Time to set the record straight and I'll happily use my name, unlike others. Patti Stein here- Mom of the Smithtown goalie who is staying at the Rebels. Our town Smithtown Coach brought the 10 of us to Rebels last year. 6 of the 10 Smithtown kids were starters for the Rebels. Some behind the scenes stuff happened between our town coach and the Rebels organization which is none of anyone's business. He is not a fan of the organization and is entitled to his opinion & feelings. With 4 of his 10 kids not happy with playing time, the opportunity to go be a Starter on a new team- The Turtles is a great fit for them. The other 4 starters all have their personal reasons for going, and everyone needs to respect that and move on!! As far as my reason for staying at the Rebels, it's not about the $$! My son was on scholarship from Day 1 at the Rebels & would have been on scholarship at the Turtles if we chose to move there. The 3 Coaches at the Rebels were AMAZING this year. My son referred to one Coach as the best he's ever had, and another as his favorite. Most importantly, they are great human beings! The Rebels were delayed in getting equipment and bags to us in a timely manner, but that has been addressed with the owner, and should be fixed in the future- That was not reason enough for me to leave. My son will continue playing for his town coach & with those 8 other kids on his Team Smithtown Team. Leave these 8 & 9 year old boys alone, and go find the right organization & team for your son!!! I have never been more sure about my decision & am excited for my son's future as a Rebel with these amazing Coaches and boys smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said above. People move on and let it go already. So a bunch of 9 year olds will be playing lacrosse for a different team. Why all the back and forth? Season is over. Good luck to all the kids next year. It's the people who bash others on here that need to grow up and get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight.. The other families have to work hard and pay while you do not? Scholarship for a 9 year old. Scholarships and bonus money for the coaches.. It just keeps getting worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalies should be free anyway, unless your little Johnny wants to volunteer for the position, stay quiet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scholarships have been given out since club teams started they are merit based and Legacy gives them automatically to every faceoff kid and goalie of every team in their organization so you must be new to this travel stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also if an organization chooses to reward coaches for any reason why do you care? Pay your money and enjoy the ride this is petty!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone should pay the goalies mother to stay away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow balls and not be anonymous! Have you ever watched the goalie play? He is worth anything you have to say about his mother. And she stays quiet and enjoys watching her son play so I can’t imagine what you possibly have to say about her except that she speaks the truth and that’s hard to hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ChillLaxin] when no one knows who you are, congratulations tough guy/women, you should be proud of yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie's Mom is back on- Hello!! To the Big, bad, bully Anonymously hiding behind their computer- Continue to show your true colors smile I am not surprised that you are personally attacking me- anonymously!!! lol

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard