BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I recently got a email from our club directors (redacted) about the costs for this year:

---
AAA and BBB have received a lot of questions regarding fee's. One of the best ways to reduce the cost of fee's is through fundraising! If there is a parent who wants to be in charge of setting up a fundraiser, the funds received can go towards their daughter's fees and the rest of the funds can go towards other players and team expenses.
---

This club is in AACo and is charging $1700 for 2018 which is a hefty increase from last year. From my informal enquiries it looks like they took everyone who tried out (like last year). Same for other age groups. From what I can tell, they are up there in price.

Is this common? Setup a fundraiser where the parent gets most of the benefit and the balance goes to the club? Seems very cutthroat, like every parent for themselves.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not sure why you would accept spot on this team . I am betting there is a reason they can't get players. 1700 a year is not high if they are playing in great tournaments and if it includes uniforms and tournament fees. If it is a sketchy club why stay?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ugh...friends, missed a couple of other club tryouts due to vacation, and practice isn't too far. At this point, it is the only option. I'll be better prepared next year.

Didn't get a list of tournaments but think they said 4 and all would be one day events, ie no overnights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
watched that M&D 2024 team yesterday. not really impressed with them. no ball movement and lots of one on one.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - is it better to be playing 3rd line middie vs 2nd defense sub? Not sure if shes getting moved around a lot because her all-around game has improved (possibly) or being low on the middie totem pole limits her time on the field. Serious feedback please, I'm more inclined to let it play out through spring to see what the deal is, but we also thought she was very on the fence about making her club team...thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall. That M&D 2024 team will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question - is it better to be playing 3rd line middie vs 2nd defense sub? Not sure if shes getting moved around a lot because her all-around game has improved (possibly) or being low on the middie totem pole limits her time on the field. Serious feedback please, I'm more inclined to let it play out through spring to see what the deal is, but we also thought she was very on the fence about making her club team...thanks.

I would expect a coach at the 2024 level to be moving players around. They are still young and should be learning all of the positions. My advice is let it play out through fall ball. Fall ball season is when coaches try to figure out players positions and lineups for the upcoming spring season. Don’t take much stock in it yet. It’s good for your daughter to learn all the positions. That’s what fall ball is about. If it continues when NGLL starts up in March, then have your daughter self advocate and ask the coaches questions so that she understands. 7th graders should be learning how to communicate with coaches now, more so than mom and dad. I’m sure it will all work out by spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Dad,

This is a serious reply ......

If you're daughter is not in the position she wants by summer and doesn't seem to be gaining any traction on you're current team - but you think she has the game and talent to be a middie or first string player somewhere else - move her next year. Nothing will replace playing time. If she could play on a team that is not as strong as your current team - but play middie and/or not be a 2nd or 3rd string player then move her. If not, you're wasting your time and money.

On the other hand ..... If you want to be able to say she plays for the "top" team or for a certain color team (hint hint) then stay. You'll get the whole story of how it's still good for you because you're practicing against the top players in the age group - etc.etc. (I wish I would've come up with that myth. Seems to be floating around alot of different sports too - not just lax). But there's nothing that will replace playing time. Your daughter will stagnate while the girls who are playing develop.

Yes certain clubs offer good clinics, yes college coaches come watch their teams, they say they have the best coaches (although that's debatable), yes they get in or run tournaments, etc, etc... but none of that will do your daughter any good if she is not on the field playing - and playing in games not practices. And if she is a third line middie the most she'll play is 1/3 of a game.

There's a ton of clubs around now. Be HONEST about your daughter's level of play and abilities and look around. Find a clubs who's team is not completely terrible and move your daughter to a team where she could be a contributor and not a 3rd line middie or 2nd line defender.

Again - be honest and think about what your want for your daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Dad,

This is a serious reply ......

If you're daughter is not in the position she wants by summer and doesn't seem to be gaining any traction on you're current team - but you think she has the game and talent to be a middie or first string player somewhere else - move her next year. Nothing will replace playing time. If she could play on a team that is not as strong as your current team - but play middie and/or not be a 2nd or 3rd string player then move her. If not, you're wasting your time and money.

On the other hand ..... If you want to be able to say she plays for the "top" team or for a certain color team (hint hint) then stay. You'll get the whole story of how it's still good for you because you're practicing against the top players in the age group - etc.etc. (I wish I would've come up with that myth. Seems to be floating around alot of different sports too - not just lax). But there's nothing that will replace playing time. Your daughter will stagnate while the girls who are playing develop.

Yes certain clubs offer good clinics, yes college coaches come watch their teams, they say they have the best coaches (although that's debatable), yes they get in or run tournaments, etc, etc... but none of that will do your daughter any good if she is not on the field playing - and playing in games not practices. And if she is a third line middie the most she'll play is 1/3 of a game.

There's a ton of clubs around now. Be HONEST about your daughter's level of play and abilities and look around. Find a clubs who's team is not completely terrible and move your daughter to a team where she could be a contributor and not a 3rd line middie or 2nd line defender.

Again - be honest and think about what your want for your daughter

Once they get to 9th grade everyone has to play at least half the game so it doesn't matter what line you are on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What?

What is your what in reference to?

If it's to the half the game comment, that's the truth. Once the girls get to high school, even some 8th grade showcase tournaments, everyone is required to play at least 50% of every game so that they get the same exposure. Not that some girls don't play a lot more than 50%, but every girl has to play at least 50% of each game.

This your first time through this process? It's why teams that dominated through 7th and 8th grade stop dominating in high school. Can't ride the horses the whole game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty quiet around these parts. Any thoughts on how teams are looking from the first couple of NGLL games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Coppermine 24 Black is the worst coached team in their division. What a mess. Poor girls. A poor reflection on the club as a whole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elaborate or give examples. Or here’s one .instead of criticizing you coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The central division looks tough. South looks weak except for Stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to imagine NEMS not in playoffs will have better record then 2 other teams that make it. Not clear from the rules that it should be the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. The top 6 teams in the 2023 and 2024 (A&B) age groups and the top 4 in, 2025, 2026, 2027 and 2028 will make the playoffs.

Why not rank them 1-6 regardless of division? Especially when you play non common out of division opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will anybody beat M&D 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a family friend that the LBC 2024 team is moving to MD United. From my understanding the LBC 2024 team has been very competitive and one of the better teams in the state. Just curious as to why something like that would happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes monster and skywalkers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a family friend that the LBC 2024 team is moving to MD United. From my understanding the LBC 2024 team has been very competitive and one of the better teams in the state. Just curious as to why something like that would happen.

Makes no sense-MDU is not a strong club anymore at lower years

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I thought the '23 team was pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents of an LBC 23 and 24 player negotiated the move of some LBC24 kids to MDU in exchange for placement of both of their daughters on the MDU 23 & 24 teams. This was worked out even before tryouts because LBC24 would always beat MDU24 and MDU was heavily courting these LBC players. I've heard the MDU 24 parents caught wind of this and are now moving to Integrity. So much for a fair tryout process! And now these LBC parents that are moving to MDU are spreading rumors that LBC isn't allowed in any recruiting showcases to justify their move vs the real reasons. LBC participated in all the key recruiting showcases this year and will continue to do so. But of course parents will say whatever necessary to justify their deplorable actions.

Originally Posted by cltlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not privy to the details with this situation but as a former parent of an older ex-Maryland United player (who also happens to have a 2024 player with another club and reason I'm even on this forum)... I can assure you this was NOT a smart move. There is NO loyalty at Maryland United. ZERO! They will do whatever it takes to win and try to stay relevant (which seems to be much harder for them in the younger age groups with so many good competitive clubs popping up in the entire Mid-Atlantic and South regions). If they had a weak 2024 team (which I know they did), ownership at MDU would do whatever it took to change that. I personally saw MDU move girls from East to West or cut them in order to make room for someone they guaranteed a spot to. And then MDU turned around the following year and moved this "new recruited girl" from East to West. They ended up leaving the club the following year and went to Hero's. Karma is a B&%$ and I can assure you these LBC/MDU players and parents will feel it in the next year or so. I've seen it happen too many times in the past. And it doesn't end once they reach high school level either. Girls are told they can be moved between East and West even though they don't have to officially tryout anymore. Parents are so naive to think their kids are that "special" and the exception. Side deals are made way into the high school years and your child will not be shielded from this.

The parents of an LBC 23 and 24 player negotiated the move of some LBC24 kids to MDU in exchange for placement of both of their daughters on the MDU 23 & 24 teams. This was worked out even before tryouts because LBC24 would always beat MDU24 and MDU was heavily courting these LBC players. I've heard the MDU 24 parents caught wind of this and are now moving to Integrity. So much for a fair tryout process! And now these LBC parents that are moving to MDU are spreading rumors that LBC isn't allowed in any recruiting showcases to justify their move vs the real reasons. LBC participated in all the key recruiting showcases this year and will continue to do so. But of course parents will say whatever necessary to justify their deplorable actions.

Originally Posted by cltlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC 2023 is good. Our daughter’s team played them in a play day in early spring. They run numerous offensive sets and
a backer defense that gave our leading scorer some trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents...and yes, confirmed.

Link Copied to Clipboard