BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 36 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about some honest feedback of B or 2nd tier club teams. For example B teams at 24, Force, Igloo, S2S, Express, 91, rebels and A teams that aren’t AA, Recon, Outlaws, Empire, Hitmen, True Blue, Turtles.

What about Geese? Are they a B or a C team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about some honest feedback of B or 2nd tier club teams. For example B teams at 24, Force, Igloo, S2S, Express, 91, rebels and A teams that aren’t AA, Recon, Outlaws, Empire, Hitmen, True Blue, Turtles.

There are only 2 top teams in this age group on LI. Express and 91. Every once in a while they'll lose a game but they are heads and shoulders above. Everyone else is playing for third. ROAR continues improve and consistently beat tems like Igloo, TB, Force, etc. IMHO most of the second tier teams are no better than B level squads. The real B teams are disasters. I've seen Express B and Igloo and they are terrible. To think people pay real money for any B team is unbelievable. The talent pool is so diluted there aren't enough players to field quality teams at the A level.

Agreed, kids should quit the sport, or the parents should pay in fake money since it's unbelievable to pay "Real Money". Come on dude, get over yourself. If kids want to play and parents have the ability to pay then so be it, dont be a snob

Exactly. I don't get the mind set that unless a 6th grader (and I repeat, a 6th grader) is an elite athlete destined to play D1, such that he gets to play on a top team, summer lacrosse is a waste of money and time. What should the kid do instead, play video games?

Town/PAL is a very short season. From the time the snow gets off the field, until the very beginning of June when it ends, there is what, at most, 9 weeks of lacrosse? And a lot of rain outs as well. Why not allow the kid to keep playing in June and half of July. Its usually just an extra six weeks of practice and maybe 4 tournaments. And if it is a full year team, and the kid has the time and interest to play, than why not.

My older son has played several years on a travel team that was worse than his town team. So what, he loves it. My younger son is better and plays at a higher level. That's cool also. Neither of them will be the next Paul Rabil.

If club and tournament directors were smart, they would a do a better job marketing towards the more mediocre players (of which there are a ton - for every great player, there are 10 plus ok ones), by doing a better job delineating teams into AAA (really teams that can complete on a national level), AA, A and B, and by switching to birth year as opposed to grade (which would capture more kids by evening out competitiveness across regions/states). The B team's kid's money is just as green as everyone else's.

Those who are involved with travel hockey see how this can work. There are a ton of kids playing travel hockey who are horrendous. So what. The kids love it, and it is just about the best way to occupy their time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only 2 top teams in this age group on LI. Express and 91. Every once in a while they'll lose a game but they are heads and shoulders above. Everyone else is playing for third. ROAR continues improve and consistently beat tems like Igloo, TB, Force, etc. IMHO most of the second tier teams are no better than B level squads. The real B teams are disasters. I've seen Express B and Igloo and they are terrible. To think people pay real money for any B team is unbelievable. The talent pool is so diluted there aren't enough players to field quality teams at the A level.

Agreed, Express and then 91. Nobody else comes close. What are the other options? Force? Igloo? It would be nice to get an unbiased assessment of the other teams LI has to offer. AA, A, or B? For organizations that have two teams, do they charge the same tuition? What coaches concentrate on development? This could be a great place to get information instead of the constant bickering.

What information are you looking for? Force, True Blue, Igloo etc, (at 2025), all seem to be nothing more than kids from same school playing on a travel squad with dad coach. Unfortunately that's how most of the teams below the level of 91 and LIE operate. Do your own research on the staff and rosters. You won't find any discounts though, most of the programs are 3000+.

So is Hitmen or Turtles for example than Igloo, 91 or Express B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL WOULD GIVE LEGACY A GOOD BEATING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is 91’s tryout registrations just spiked. And believe me they want the 3 peat.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is 91’s tryout registrations just spiked. And believe me they want the 3 peat.

Of course 91 wants it and if Spallina coached 2025 they’d have a shot but no ones and I mean no one wants to put up with the current director calling the shots at 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course 91 wants it and if Spallina coached 2025 they’d have a shot but no ones and I mean no one wants to put up with the current director calling the shots at 2025.

Then go to Express and they’ll be a lock to win the North next year. And hopefully other regions step up. One thing about Express is they will always take in better talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then go to Express and they’ll be a lock to win the North next year. And hopefully other regions step up. One thing about Express is they will always take in better talent.

91 is going to improve at every position. The coaches are well aware of what they need to get the job done and my guess is that they fill those needs. Kids will come out of the woodwork this tryout to get a shot at going to the WSYL, including young 2024’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is going to improve at every position. The coaches are well aware of what they need to get the job done and my guess is that they fill those needs. Kids will come out of the woodwork this tryout to get a shot at going to the WSYL, including young 2024’s.

I've heard this for 2 years now. Your head is in the sand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"everyone is cool on s2s" that is not the consensus....you have a few parents who always cause issues on the sidelines. We all know who they are.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've heard this for 2 years now. Your head is in the sand.

Rumor? What rumor?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"everyone is cool on s2s" that is not the consensus....you have a few parents who always cause issues on the sidelines. We all know who they are.

Again. As I mentioned my son does not play on the 25 team - so I don't know the parents but the 25 A seems to be a strong unit. We really like S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again. As I mentioned my son does not play on the 25 team - so I don't know the parents but the 25 A seems to be a strong unit. We really like S2S.

"Again" yeah like i said. Lot of stunads on the s2s sideline. the team itself is fine. The B team is a bit of a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2024s were the best team. It’s hard enough to improve, not mention retain. Making catching up to Express very hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

The 2024s were the best team. It’s hard enough to improve, not mention retain. Making catching up to Express very hard.

Not just young 91 2024’s, but young 24’s from all over will be at tryouts looking for a shot at WSYL. I would bet 6 new players at minimum. As many big midfields as they can load up with, offensive, defensive and LSMs, they will load up with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Not just young 91 2024’s, but young 24’s from all over will be at tryouts looking for a shot at WSYL. I would bet 6 new players at minimum. As many big midfields as they can load up with, offensive, defensive and LSMs, they will load up with.

That’s definitely the way things are moving. Wolfpack and, before them, Bandits did that very thing and steamrolled everyone in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recommend if not already with one of the top 3 or 4 clubs AA team that you find a team that has the best recruiting schedule. Your kids will be there in a blink of the eye. Here are teams after top few to check out. Li rebels , force,rebels , and iglioo. Good luck and enjoy the ride, it goes fast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is definitely looking to upgrade. One of the coaches has already have reached out to our top middie. Unfortunately, it’s going to be difficult for some teams to retain their talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is definitely looking to upgrade. One of the coaches has already have reached out to our top middie. Unfortunately, it’s going to be difficult for some teams to retain their talent.

Why would anybody that is looking for a different team for their son, not go to the top team? Not make the team, actually play and be on ESPN next July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recommend if not already with one of the top 3 or 4 clubs AA team that you find a team that has the best recruiting schedule. Your kids will be there in a blink of the eye. Here are teams after top few to check out. Li rebels , force,rebels , and iglioo. Good luck and enjoy the ride, it goes fast

Or just enjoy your sons lacrosse games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anybody that is looking for a different team for their son, not go to the top team? Not make the team, actually play and be on ESPN next July.

Why would anyone want to go to a team that hasn’t won a tourney all year? And 91 has played in some fairly weak tourneys and got bounced early. Any quality players will be making Express even stronger. 91 can’t even win on the Island. They’re not winning anything next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone want to go to a team that hasn’t won a tourney all year? And 91 has played in some fairly weak tourneys and got bounced early. Any quality players will be making Express even stronger. 91 can’t even win on the Island. They’re not winning anything next year.

Not a 91 parent, let’s give credit when do. They just had a nice showing at the Naptown Challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how are the turtles? what kind of year did they have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone have any info on the tenaciuos turtles? how is their season going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is looking to stack up!! I'm sure all the contenders will be getting the 2024's that age qualify for the WSYL.

Some teams already have 2024's that don't qualify already. We all know who.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're ok but there are about 8-10 teams that are better than them. Not sure if they even won a tournament this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're ok but there are about 8-10 teams that are better than them. Not sure if they even won a tournament this year.

91 or Turtles? Neither have won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the story at prime time? 3D New England smashed express. Where did that come from??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 or Turtles? Neither have won.

91 wins that game by 8-10 and Express by 10-12. Terrible Turtles are a better team name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express only had a handful of their regular team at PT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Cold Spring Harbor would beat both of them. Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a handful of regular players? Where were the others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except that the Geese beat the AA BBL Elite team 9-7 on 7/13/19 despite BBL playing three kids that were a full head taller than anyone else on the field, and who did 100% of the scoring for the team. BBL obviousky felt they could only compete with the pool if they added at least three non age appropriate kids, and they still lost the first game (although they did win the second - success!). But the fact remains: they lost to the Geese despite spiking their roster. Sad they felt they needed to do that. As for LI Express, there was at least one player who was older and one kid who was wearing a “North” jersey at the same tournament. I guess the lesson here is that there are adults who derive meaning in their own lives by being able to say “well, my son plays for _______ and they went [insert record].” And, It’s actually a good life lesson for the kids as well: winning matters most above all, so meet your new teammate, Johnny. I’m sure young Jeffrey Epstein and little Bernie Madoff had parents who were T Shirt chasers, too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team was a late addition to the tournament. Before knowing that we were going to go to PT most families took the opportunity to do something other than be on a lacrosse field . Those that were not there didn’t want to change their plans. No biggie, congrats to the team that won it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except that the Geese beat the AA BBL Elite team 9-7 on 7/13/19 despite BBL playing three kids that were a full head taller than anyone else on the field, and who did 100% of the scoring for the team. BBL obviousky felt they could only compete with the pool if they added at least three non age appropriate kids, and they still lost the first game (although they did win the second - success!). But the fact remains: they lost to the Geese despite spiking their roster. Sad they felt they needed to do that. As for LI Express, there was at least one player who was older and one kid who was wearing a “North” jersey at the same tournament. I guess the lesson here is that there are adults who derive meaning in their own lives by being able to say “well, my son plays for _______ and they went [insert record].” And, It’s actually a good life lesson for the kids as well: winning matters most above all, so meet your new teammate, Johnny. I’m sure young Jeffrey Epstein and little Bernie Madoff had parents who were T Shirt chasers, too.

Geese next big win will be their first since the coaching change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop spreading lies and your thinking that bigger/better always mean older. When you see those same kids in next summer's WSYL, what other excuses are you going to come up with. This is not Maryland where holdbacks are a standard. So just relax with the tall tales about teams you know nothing about and just enjoy your kid play. Parents like you must be so much fun to be around in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
genetics-- figure it out. if you were a 5'6" attackman from LI in 1990s, your kid will be a head smaller than many players on good teams...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team was a late addition to the tournament. Before knowing that we were going to go to PT most families took the opportunity to do something other than be on a lacrosse field . Those that were not there didn’t want to change their plans. No biggie, congrats to the team that won it all.

There still would have been enough LI players to compete without North kids coming down. But why use the bench that pays to be part of the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The team was a late addition to the tournament. Before knowing that we were going to go to PT most families took the opportunity to do something other than be on a lacrosse field . Those that were not there didn’t want to change their plans. No biggie, congrats to the team that won it all.

There still would have been enough LI players to compete without North kids coming down. But why use the bench that pays to be part of the team?[/quote

Be a practice player and when your son gets his chance for extra minutes, that you promised will come with hard work, and time is taken by guests players. c’mon folks, lax intervention

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m flattered that you are so knowledgeable of CoachC’s team. Thank you, you’re a fantastic head counter

Page 32 of 36 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard