BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Elite is small and losing players each year. Lost to M&D and MD United big. Well coached but losing players.

M&D will also lose players this year. Lots of dissension with coach J. Peak. He micromanages from sidelines and all he does is run ISO’s. He doesn’t develop his players, have seen many good players slide with him. Wins due to talent + relies on same 4 players or so and doesn’t coach to team. Loses In big games, his coaching weaknesses are very obvious. Just watched it happen to him at NGLL. This year he will likely lose several good players, Robinson is too distracted doesn’t have a good pulse on his teams as long as they are “winning.” Watch the trend start to happen.

Look at MD United and Skywalkers this summer - they have much stronger and smarter coaching and are developing their teams and players more broadly.

But does he win lots of T-shirts? Sounds like a Coach trying to build a legacy and not trying to build his players. Have seen that several times before and with my oldest. And this is a 23 team? Those girls are not even in HS yet. You should seek shelter elsewhere.

You are talking about a coach who has won 4 NGLL championships and has made it to almost every championship game in every tournament his team has participated in(this is fact). M&D parents are hard on their coaches. If he wasn’t developing them, those parents would be moving on. He left one club, and families from that club, not even in the same grad year, followed him to his new club. He turned around an M&D team that was imploding at the time. None of the players left, he helped them find their niche, now that team is shining, and you ignorantly call him out publicly because he lost a game.

With all due respect the man is loud and obnoxious

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just described 80% of the coaches out there. What’s your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Elite is small and losing players each year. Lost to M&D and MD United big. Well coached but losing players.

M&D will also lose players this year. Lots of dissension with coach J. Peak. He micromanages from sidelines and all he does is run ISO’s. He doesn’t develop his players, have seen many good players slide with him. Wins due to talent + relies on same 4 players or so and doesn’t coach to team. Loses In big games, his coaching weaknesses are very obvious. Just watched it happen to him at NGLL. This year he will likely lose several good players, Robinson is too distracted doesn’t have a good pulse on his teams as long as they are “winning.” Watch the trend start to happen.

Look at MD United and Skywalkers this summer - they have much stronger and smarter coaching and are developing their teams and players more broadly.

But does he win lots of T-shirts? Sounds like a Coach trying to build a legacy and not trying to build his players. Have seen that several times before and with my oldest. And this is a 23 team? Those girls are not even in HS yet. You should seek shelter elsewhere.

You are talking about a coach who has won 4 NGLL championships and has made it to almost every championship game in every tournament his team has participated in(this is fact). M&D parents are hard on their coaches. If he wasn’t developing them, those parents would be moving on. He left one club, and families from that club, not even in the same grad year, followed him to his new club. He turned around an M&D team that was imploding at the time. None of the players left, he helped them find their niche, now that team is shining, and you ignorantly call him out publicly because he lost a game.

Easy there M&D parent. I could careless about your coach or if he was the Pied Piper of players. That wasn't my point or what I was saying. Sounds like he wins lots of T-shirts and everything is fantastic with your team. Glad your team is "shining" and you all have won 4 NGLL Championships (along with the other "fact" stuff you said). That makes you the best team in Maryland.

I have seen it before. Coaches steam roll middle schools girls talent and spirit all for the sake of victory. But I guess it's not the case here, as you say, he helped them find their niche and are shining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there M&D parent. I could careless about your coach or if he was the Pied Piper of players. That wasn't my point or what I was saying. Sounds like he wins lots of T-shirts and everything is fantastic with your team. Glad your team is "shining" and you all have won 4 NGLL Championships (along with the other "fact" stuff you said). That makes you the best team in Maryland.

I have seen it before. Coaches steam roll middle schools girls talent and spirit all for the sake of victory. But I guess it's not the case here, as you say, he helped them find their niche and are shining.

the bigger question is he getting them ready for high school lax? are these girls going to be able to work in a team concept or are they a bunch of go-to-goal girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For someone who could care less, you are still doing a lot of talking.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This wasn't surprising to me. I saw them at Spooky Nook and knew they'd be a force. Their 24 team isn't far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the bigger question is he getting them ready for high school lax? are these girls going to be able to work in a team concept or are they a bunch of go-to-goal girls?

90% of them will be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black very unimpressive 1-2-1 showing in New Egypt. Overrated individuals and not great team coaching is what that looks like imho. How the mighty have fallen. I’m sure it’s just a blip like the Robinson national money grab, sorry, NGLL National

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting results from Lax for the Cure. M&D took a dump. Hero's looked strong. Yellow Jackets and Top Guns still looking good. Big surprise TLC Red in their great weekend. Sky Walker's team keeps getting better taking down monster's and Yellow jackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D isn't going anywhere.. They will be back for G8. Skywalkers is arguably the most athletic team in this age group, so it is only a matter of time for them to start winning tournaments. Hero's looked strong this weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many girls posting to Instagram about staying up til 4 am the days before one of the biggest tourneys of the year. That’s what did them in.
The more I see of these kids on the IG the less I see them dominating. This goes for all teams across the board. Monitor your girls social media and you’ll never know what you may discover!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting results from Lax for the Cure. M&D took a dump. Hero's looked strong. Yellow Jackets and Top Guns still looking good. Big surprise TLC Red in their great weekend. Sky Walker's team keeps getting better taking down monster's and Yellow jackets.

TLC went 1-2-1 this weekend. Is that great for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the teams they played yes!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the teams they played yes!!

Well that must stink to play on a team where a great weekend is going 1-2-1. What has happened to the TLC program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many girls posting to Instagram about staying up til 4 am the days before one of the biggest tourneys of the year. That’s what did them in.
The more I see of these kids on the IG the less I see them dominating. This goes for all teams across the board. Monitor your girls social media and you’ll never know what you may discover!

Just a FYI you sound like a perv stalking 14yr old girls IGs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a FYI you sound like a perv stalking 14yr old girls IGs!

Their not stalking their “monitoring” haha. I notice their not making their snowflake unfollow the offensive culprits though. If they did they wouldn’t have anyone to “monitor”! I’d also bet your little angel doesn’t have many friends mostly due to your 🚁

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Can not be the same coach. The one that has won 4 NGLL champs and made it to every championship game? How is that team niche and shine looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D isn't going anywhere.. They will be back for G8. Skywalkers is arguably the most athletic team in this age group, so it is only a matter of time for them to start winning tournaments. Hero's looked strong this weekend.

So M&D will show what they are made of by winning the showcase event, G8? That seems logical. That team is struggling and does not look like a team. Lots of grumbling happening. Time will tell if they get better moving forward. Maybe that team has reached their Peak. Skywalkers are the fastest and most athletic overall with a great goalie. Heros was being Heros. Coaching has them playing better and together. You all cant be surprised by that fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the takes on Skywalkers.. TG is solid and m&d is not going anywhere. Hero's impressed and is getting stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So M&D will show what they are made of by winning the showcase event, G8? That seems logical. That team is struggling and does not look like a team. Lots of grumbling happening. Time will tell if they get better moving forward. Maybe that team has reached their Peak. Skywalkers are the fastest and most athletic overall with a great goalie. Heros was being Heros. Coaching has them playing better and together. You all cant be surprised by that fact.

Heros and M&D will continue to win over all other 23 teams. Skywalkers is ok, but not on that level. Their goalie is ok certainly not great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can not be the same coach. The one that has won 4 NGLL champs and made it to every championship game? How is that team niche and shine looking? [/quote]

Their shine as you call it was a little off. If you were a part of the team, or its families, or it’s club for that matter, you would know why. So stop talking before you really start sounding like an @$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can not be the same coach. The one that has won 4 NGLL champs and made it to every championship game? How is that team niche and shine looking? [/quote]

You're an stunad. You obviously have no idea what that team is going through right now. Or if you do you are a deplorable human being.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don’t you quit looking up your daughter’s friends on IG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the meanness on these forums. Can't we just celebrate the fact that these girls are all working towards the same goal, working hard at their sport, and are spending their time doing something productive with their time instead of hanging out and getting in to trouble. All of these teams are good. Some are really strong, others not. But who cares. I don't understand the need to come on here and insult teams, girls, coaches, clubs, etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the meanness on these forums. Can't we just celebrate the fact that these girls are all working towards the same goal, working hard at their sport, and are spending their time doing something productive with their time instead of hanging out and getting in to trouble. All of these teams are good. Some are really strong, others not. But who cares. I don't understand the need to come on here and insult teams, girls, coaches, clubs, etc..

Folks will learn eventually that it just doesn't matter who wins these games. Look at the 2020 and 2021 forums. Hardly anyone even posts on there anymore. This is just parents that feel the need to pound their chests when their kid wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree m&d and Hero's will continue to win and show well. I believe they are both dealing with injuries to key players, so this speaks to their overall depth. Skywalkers is good, but is not quite there yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t have to look up your friends. Your friends are already all over the Gram. Just making sure you’re not posting anything out of line Honey! Good night! Love, Mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t have to look up your friends. Your friends are already all over the Gram. Just making sure you’re not posting anything out of line Honey! Good night! Love, Mom

What does that even mean? One of the dumbest things ever posted. You are trying to make fun of someone that's engage in their kids actions? Stop getting drunk and posting on here. You should be the example first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G8 shows how tight competition has become. Hero's, M&D and Sky Walker's going neck and neck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was watching the YJ and M&D black game and YJ coach was yelling something about M&D girls using their butts(so?) he was referring to their sticks they must have been pulling up their stick butts in a defensive manner.

Also can we just call a spade a spade and admit that SW are a cult? Every game warmup in season and at tournaments is observed by all parents. Post game talks are attended by parents. I know it isn’t that much of a common knowledge but don’t the coached ever want the privacy and dignity of holding talks with the girls without parents listening in so they can just get the job done without fear of meddling dads? It look so creepy too. None of the other teams have this happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was watching the YJ and M&D black game and YJ coach was yelling something about M&D girls using their butts(so?) he was referring to their sticks they must have been pulling up their stick butts in a defensive manner.

Also can we just call a spade a spade and admit that SW are a cult? Every game warmup in season and at tournaments is observed by all parents. Post game talks are attended by parents. I know it isn’t that much of a common knowledge but don’t the coached ever want the privacy and dignity of holding talks with the girls without parents listening in so they can just get the job done without fear of meddling dads? It look so creepy too. None of the other teams have this happen.

Lol. Sky walkers is a cult because they communicate too their parents. Many conversations happen outside of parents too. Your clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a piece of unsolicited advice for the administration of M&D .... since you don't seem to believe your team parents that are complaining to you -you should come watch every M&D team that has a parent coach in this final tournament. Bring a clipboard and track how much playing time daughters of coaches and assistant coaches are getting. And then ask yourself: Should that player be starting ? And starting every game ? Should that player be in the ENTIRE game ? What are they accomplishing while they are in the game ? Are they scoring or turning the ball over or missing easy shots ? Are they getting consistently burned on defense ? And most importantly - Who is on the bench while they are in the entire game ? Are the girls on the bench players that could be contributing and changing the outcome of the game ? And are the girls sitting on the bench so that the coach's daughter can play either the entire game or 90% of it ? Please take an honest look at those questions.

If you don't - you while keep finding your players at clinics at Skywalkers and Coppermine and at early tryouts at Heros and Skywalkers.

And my unsolicited advice extends to parents from other clubs considering M&D (or any other club team with parent coaches). Go and watch and see what level the daughters of coaches are and where they fall on the roster and then compare that to the amount of playing time they get and what they do while they're playing. Most times you'll be concerned by what you see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a piece of unsolicited advice for the administration of M&D .... since you don't seem to believe your team parents that are complaining to you -you should come watch every M&D team that has a parent coach in this final tournament. Bring a clipboard and track how much playing time daughters of coaches and assistant coaches are getting. And then ask yourself: Should that player be starting ? And starting every game ? Should that player be in the ENTIRE game ? What are they accomplishing while they are in the game ? Are they scoring or turning the ball over or missing easy shots ? Are they getting consistently burned on defense ? And most importantly - Who is on the bench while they are in the entire game ? Are the girls on the bench players that could be contributing and changing the outcome of the game ? And are the girls sitting on the bench so that the coach's daughter can play either the entire game or 90% of it ? Please take an honest look at those questions.

If you don't - you while keep finding your players at clinics at Skywalkers and Coppermine and at early tryouts at Heros and Skywalkers.

And my unsolicited advice extends to parents from other clubs considering M&D (or any other club team with parent coaches). Go and watch and see what level the daughters of coaches are and where they fall on the roster and then compare that to the amount of playing time they get and what they do while they're playing. Most times you'll be concerned by what you see.

It is always the coaches fault when your kid is not playing right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes...Yes it actually is. That is the coaches job. To prepare and build up all the players, to play. That is called coaching. Otherwise the player should be let go or not on the team, at all. This is not college or a professional sport. The only revenue contributed to a club and the coaches pay, is from players parents. Not from fans of sponsorships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were numbers at SW and MDU tryouts last night and over the weekend? Pretty interesting talent from rival clubs were at M&D's tryouts yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes...Yes it actually is. That is the coaches job. To prepare and build up all the players, to play. That is called coaching. Otherwise the player should be let go or not on the team, at all. This is not college or a professional sport. The only revenue contributed to a club and the coaches pay, is from players parents. Not from fans of sponsorships.

You're a dolt. In championship tournaments there is not guaranteed playing time. The teams will do what they can to try to win. All teams have different level of talent from top to bottom. Once in high school most the tournaments are showcases and thus every girl should play at least half the game. Saying a player shouldn't be on the team because the coach doesn't play them in a championship tournament is silly. If the parent feels they would be better off somewhere they would play more they should move them. The clubs like M&D expect their coaches to try to win championships when they can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were numbers at SW and MDU tryouts last night and over the weekend? Pretty interesting talent from rival clubs were at M&D's tryouts yesterday.

Why Heros as a organization allows the 23 coaching staff to stay on is mind boggling. Have done nothing but go down hill since they arrived a few years ago..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a dolt. In championship tournaments there is not guaranteed playing time. The teams will do what they can to try to win. All teams have different level of talent from top to bottom. Once in high school most the tournaments are showcases and thus every girl should play at least half the game. Saying a player shouldn't be on the team because the coach doesn't play them in a championship tournament is silly. If the parent feels they would be better off somewhere they would play more they should move them. The clubs like M&D expect their coaches to try to win championships when they can.

Yeah, well were was it mention about a championship game? This was about a collective team. Maybe you are the dolt for not being able to comprehend written words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, well were was it mention about a championship game? This was about a collective team. Maybe you are the dolt for not being able to comprehend written words.

The original post was to a question on is it the coach's fault if your kid doesn't play and the response was that yes the coach should build up all the kids so that they can play or let them go if they can't.

My reading comprehension is just fine. How's yours?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Heroes to cause players defect to M&D?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard