BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rock Club Lacrosse (RCL) has released the potential coaching staff for the 2023 team. They are investing a lot of coaching talent in a team that does not exist. Seems like a big move. Roughrider Lacrosse has done the same thing at the 2023 graduation year. Given the growth of Zingos LC and Breakers, it will be interesting to see what may happen with player movement.

Kind of interesting that (assuming Rock 23 happens), there will be three MIAA varsity head coaches coaching 2023 clubs: Loyola/Looneys; CH/FCA; St. Pauls/Rock

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Don't even try it.... No HOCO Elite, AAA or AA team should be signed up for this event. The Crabs are only playing in it to win a Championship,. This is it for them, maybe next year they can reload with so re-re-classing 2022s[/quote]
I did not post previously trying to make a case for this tournament. It is what it is. It was not on par with Crabfeast, Naptown, or the MM Invitational event. The field was below those but better than a Aloha or Hershey tournament. Mesa and Big 4 would be at the bottom of Elite in HOCO and most AAA or AA teams other than South River would not be in the championship bracket at this event. API was in this event. Teams traveled from all over and I am sure they wanted to have the Crabs in the event as they are the host team. I am sure next year all will fear the super "Rock" team being formed with former Breakers and Zingos players. Maybe they can play in Crabfeast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams bypass Young Guns to prep for Summer Sizzle this weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is absolutely no reason to play High School Club lacrosse if your child is not interested in playing College lacrosse... If your team is not putting you in recruitment tournaments then why play? Just play High School an be done with it....

It may not be a good "investment" (although I don't think it is even for kids who want to play in college). But there are plenty of good reasons to play club other than for recruiting. That's especially true for a club that is relatively low cost and intends to be a low stress fun experience.

Name a club that is low cost at the High School level? Go to public school and play for your High School team...... If you do not intend to play College Lacrosse then it's just a complete waste of time....

I guess it goes without saying that kids choosing to attend public schools can't play in college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is absolutely no reason to play High School Club lacrosse if your child is not interested in playing College lacrosse... If your team is not putting you in recruitment tournaments then why play? Just play High School an be done with it....

It may not be a good "investment" (although I don't think it is even for kids who want to play in college). But there are plenty of good reasons to play club other than for recruiting. That's especially true for a club that is relatively low cost and intends to be a low stress fun experience.

Name a club that is low cost at the High School level? Go to public school and play for your High School team...... If you do not intend to play College Lacrosse then it's just a complete waste of time....

I guess it goes without saying that kids choosing to attend public schools can't play in college?

He sees public school lacrosse as intramural sports. And the main reason to pay for a private school is to be on a better lax team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but YoungGunz has turned into a joke. Field was bad at 2023. Might as well have been an Aloha tournament. Fact that VLC was in the championship says a lot. VLC is a really good AA team but can't compete at Elite. How did VLC do in two games against Crabs this summer? Yeah, that's right. It would have been more productive for Crabs to have a practice than to butt-whoop their sister organization again. And VLC star likely to fade a bit when half their roster tries out of Blackwolf in two weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but YoungGunz has turned into a joke. Field was bad at 2023. Might as well have been an Aloha tournament. Fact that VLC was in the championship says a lot. VLC is a really good AA team but can't compete at Elite. How did VLC do in two games against Crabs this summer? Yeah, that's right. It would have been more productive for Crabs to have a practice than to butt-whoop their sister organization again. And VLC star likely to fade a bit when half their roster tries out of Blackwolf in two weeks.

LOL. Blackwolf?? They will be lucky to get the CAV and Evergreen left overs. Dead program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won Naptown? Tourney Machine has not updated the bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks plays madlax National at 2:00 today for the championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks play Madlax at 2pm. On Tv somewhere on ESPN. Might just be thru website

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks play Madlax at 2pm. On Tv somewhere on ESPN. Might just be thru website

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?bucketId=4136&id=3529858

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t miss Madlax National vs Annapolis Hawks National play today at 2 PM on the ESPN3! Hahaha!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t miss Madlax National vs Annapolis Hawks National play today at 2 PM on the ESPN3! Hahaha!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealously is not a good trait. Just because your sons team didnt make it very deep into playoffs, no reason to get jealous. Have him hit the wall. Maybe next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks win Naptown. 9-6. Over madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meanwhile Shore2Shore, the team that soundly beat DC Dogs at Millon a week ago, is playing at the Inside Lacrosse invitational up in Bel Air. And S2S got beat by FCA in the semis. FCA won a close game in the finals against a True National team.

You never know what's going to happen on the field. There's a reason they play the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meanwhile Shore2Shore, the team that soundly beat DC Dogs at Millon a week ago, is playing at the Inside Lacrosse invitational up in Bel Air. And S2S got beat by FCA in the semis. FCA won a close game in the finals against a True National team.

You never know what's going to happen on the field. There's a reason they play the games.

Don't be to happy about beating True National..... half there team was playing in Naptown with the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are clueless- half of the true Atlantic team is made up of hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't be to happy about beating True National..... half there team was playing in Naptown with the Hawks.

Completely different teams. True National has 3 different 2023 teams. The one at IL was just formed and had first met each other on Sunday for their first and only practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the FCA roster for this: 2 kids from Texas, another from GA, DE, PA This is not the HARCO Md team, rather a pre-freshman class Calvert Hall team. I feel for the kids who played all season and now have to watch ringers play. At least they got a medal to wear in the pictures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the FCA roster for this: 2 kids from Texas, another from GA, DE, PA This is not the HARCO Md team, rather a pre-freshman class Calvert Hall team. I feel for the kids who played all season and now have to watch ringers play. At least they got a medal to wear in the pictures.

Fake News; the team that was fielded for the IL Invitational was the same team that played in HOCO

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/team/fca23/19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok this is hilarious!! What roster are you looking at? This post is complete BS; same kids are the Spring League and in all honesty we were missing 3 from the original roster and they were not replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel so good as an adult coming on this site and arguing about how well I am living vicariously through my son. Or maybe my son just isn’t good enough to play “elite” lacrosse and I should tell him to hit the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an FCA booster, but having seen them at the IL tournament, it looked like the same team from HoCo. Certainly no obvious ringers (I mean "guest players"). They didn't do particularly well the first two days. They lost to True, S2S and CT Wolves. But they pulled it together on the last day, winning from the losers "bracket" all the way through the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, this was the 2022 team that also won. My bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again Sir I am not sure what roster you are looking at.......

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/team/fca22/19

Same team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you may be referring to the Team 91 2022 roster.......who would have thought a MM team would do such a thing?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/team/t91/19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, Isnt this what it is about ? Winning Medals ? 40 years from now, these medal wearers will be talking about their team winning the tournament, how great team was , etc....Not that guest players took their spot and were the reason. The stories get better every year until you are in the 90's and you scored the winning goal in OT ! Lets not fault the Club for getting these players to dream the dream.

If you are not first, your last !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you may be referring to the Team 91 2022 roster.......who would have thought a MM team would do such a thing?

I'm shocked! It's not like MM threatens Texas kids who might want to play for another Maryland team with never being allowed to play for 91 Texas. But honestly we should all be thankful that his son is at least playing 22 over the Summer instead of continuing to play with the HoCo 23 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, Isnt this what it is about ? Winning Medals ? 40 years from now, these medal wearers will be talking about their team winning the tournament, how great team was , etc....Not that guest players took their spot and were the reason. The stories get better every year until you are in the 90's and you scored the winning goal in OT ! Lets not fault the Club for getting these players to dream the dream.

If you are not first, your last !

DC Dods had to have there B team when S2S played. It was the same day as the UA games so they probably had 5-6 of there 16 year old freshman there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, this was the 2022 team that also won. My bad

The Top 4 scorers are from another state than MD ! Six out of the Top Nine scorers are from another state ! That is Hilarious !

Shouldnt they call themselves something different than Team 91 MD..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Blackwolf camp (tryouts) today? Is the talent level as good as it has been? BW is not for everyone, but while I don’t like the guy I concede he does pull in some amazing players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Blackwolf camp (tryouts) today? Is the talent level as good as it has been? BW is not for everyone, but while I don’t like the guy I concede he does pull in some amazing players.

Did get players. Little talent this year. Rejects from other teams. No DCE NL or DC dogs kids there good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did get players. Little talent this year. Rejects from other teams. No DCE NL or DC dogs kids there good luck.

There were several kids with green and black helmets I could not tell from a distance but I think several Hawks players were at the BW camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were several kids with green and black helmets I could not tell from a distance but I think several Hawks players were at the BW camp.

Those were Evergreen helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last two posts likely from the clown who likes to have conversations with himself. Anyways, there were kids who start for NL, Cavs, and VLC there. Might have been some Evergreen kids but if so, not many. Numbers down from past years but talent still there. No DC Dogs but that's not unexpected. 2023 BW team will be solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys held tryouts and finalized two teams. Did the top team add or lose top talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys held tryouts and finalized two teams. Did the top team add or lose top talent?

Lost two starters - one attack and one middie. Both talented kids. Both also brought issues for the team as a team (for somewhat different reasons). They also lost a few other kids who saw playing time. I haven't seen the final roster, but am assuming that Orange added a couple of Loyola kids and perhaps some others - there were a lot of kids at the one tryout I saw.

It remains to be seen if the team can replace the losses with kids who can contribute to better overall team play. There's a long time between now and next summer's tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last two posts likely from the clown who likes to have conversations with himself. Anyways, there were kids who start for NL, Cavs, and VLC there. Might have been some Evergreen kids but if so, not many. Numbers down from past years but talent still there. No DC Dogs but that's not unexpected. 2023 BW team will be solid.

Got it thanks, the BW combo 23/24 team will have some Cav/Evergreen and NL VLC 24's who may or may not be starters/ Thanks for the info scoop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost two starters - one attack and one middie. Both talented kids. Both also brought issues for the team as a team (for somewhat different reasons). They also lost a few other kids who saw playing time. I haven't seen the final roster, but am assuming that Orange added a couple of Loyola kids and perhaps some others - there were a lot of kids at the one tryout I saw.

It remains to be seen if the team can replace the losses with kids who can contribute to better overall team play. There's a long time between now and next summer's tournaments.

This sounds like a coach with first hand knowledge of this..... Why would a Looneys coach comment about kids on this forum?? Classy!

Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard