BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
top15 MD- my take.
1.Heros
2.M&D
3.Skywalkers
4. LBC
5. HOCO
6. NEMS
7. Coppermine Black
8. M&D Red
9. CCLax
10.Heros White
11. Redshirts
12. Maryland United
13. Integrity
14. 3D lacrosse
15. TLC

M&D Red higher maybe 5th and TLC not even close to 15 may be close to last with East Coast and Uproar

M&D Black can't win the big games. 2 NGLL misses and a beat down in NJ. The Robinson's can't be happy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black still one of top 3 teams. Went 4&0 in pool play at Lax for the Cure and lost by 3 in finals. A three point game is hardly a beat down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black still one of top 3 teams. Went 4&0 in pool play at Lax for the Cure and lost by 3 in finals. A three point game is hardly a beat down

The girls version of the 90's Buffalo Bills. Can't win when it counts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feels like most of the M&D teams are falling a bit more each season. The coaching is not there for the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feels like most of the M&D teams are falling a bit more each season. The coaching is not there for the money.

M&D is fine. The sport is growing with more girls playing each year. It's a good thing to see other teams improve and makes for a more competitive league.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts have started already for some teams -guess they are really trying to scoop up girls and get the $$. The better teams are not for a few weeks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the other teams, but you can not find a better and more credentialed coach than the M&D 25 Black team. She would be an asset to any grad year team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the other teams, but you can not find a better and more credentialed coach than the M&D 25 Black team. She would be an asset to any grad year team.

Great coach yes. But she seems to make some questionable decisions in the big games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a lot better coaching by coaches at other clubs. M&D gets the top talent-they should always win. I watch the coaches at these midlevel clubs who are developing the girls not just subbing the lines and that is where the work is being done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a lot better coaching by coaches at other clubs. M&D gets the top talent-they should always win. I watch the coaches at these midlevel clubs who are developing the girls not just subbing the lines and that is where the work is being done.

As a coach of a "mid-level club" in another grad year, I agree with most of this statement. Talent can get you over the top in most situations. Try grinding it out with a less talented roster--balancing the development of girls and trying to be competitive while instilling confidence in these girls that they can be competitive. And of course, dealing with parents who question everything and simply see wins and losses (and daughter's goal/assist stats) as a measure of success.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then they leave those mid-level clubs and come to the M&Ds of the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then they leave those mid-level clubs and come to the M&Ds of the world.

some of them for sure--happens at a lot of those mid-level clubs. but a lot of those other parents think their daughter is the bomb and they really aren't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you balance finding the right fit and tryouts all being on the same days and the pressure to commit soon after tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am also midlevel club coach. This time of year always stressful. We develop a lot of players with lax IQ, Stickskills, technical shooting and footwork etc. Then the parents look for another club perceived to be a more winning or better club. No loyalty by parents anymore or pride to bring the team to the next level. Clubs are looking to have tryouts first and quickly pressure the girls into paying to commit. My D played at same midlevel team and really developed -played in college D1 -great academic school midlle of the pack lax . We had a lot of opportunities but chose academics first and D could have switched teams easily but had a bond with the core players on her team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find a club where your D develops each year ,gets playing time, and has some fun with the girls(low drama).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you balance finding the right fit and tryouts all being on the same days and the pressure to commit soon after tryouts?

Mid level coaches have to do more because most mid level players can’t consistently do the basics (throw and catch with both hands, shoot, dodge etc...). At clubs. Like mnd you are expected to be at a certain level and if you are not you need to practice on your own to get there. This allows the coaches to focus on plays, defense and movement. Have you seen a mnd 25 game? Very rarely does a girl go coast to coast and shoot. They move and pass the and have one of the most potent and quickest scoring offenses at this age. If that isn’t development then I don’t know what is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If players decided that heroes was the place to be then M&D would be a midlevel team and all the parents would run over to tryout. It is just the nature of club lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are always a few parents who move their kids around thinking the grass is greener. Usually they are not as good as the parents think. They either dont make the new club or don't get playing time and move again. they should get on the wall and practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As tryout season approaches and so many club tryouts overlap, I'm interested to hear what club your daughter plays for, the pros/cons of your team and any other insight. M&D, Heros, HoCo and Skywalkers specific would be great based on where we live

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As tryout season approaches and so many club tryouts overlap, I'm interested to hear what club your daughter plays for, the pros/cons of your team and any other insight. M&D, Heros, HoCo and Skywalkers specific would be great based on where we live

Be honest, what you really want to to know is which team needs X position players. Greatest coaching in the world at this level doesn't trump playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers would be a great choice. At this age, Sky Walkers is more focused on fundamental skills then the number of wins/loses. My daughter has learned a lot since her move to Sky Walkers. The coaches can be tough, but they are just trying to get the kids to perform to the best of their ability. I really like how Sky Walkers focuses on the team concept with regards to ball movement. You won't find only one or two girls running to goal. I know they've allowed girls to come out for share days during practices, so you could probably have your daughter participate in a practice prior to tryouts. Regardless, all the teams you mentioned are talented and I'm sure have good coaching. Wish your daughter the best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the answer to that question do you know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The talent, commitment level much match the club as well as if your D feels comfortable. The clubs mentioned have their share of mean girls , ball hogs and crazy parents who think their club is the best. Scholarships go to players not teams-this is the only reason to play club. Find the right fit for your D. My D was on one of those mentioned clubs and hated it-dreaded going because the girls were selfish and mean. We made a lateral move where her friends were and she was like a new player. Playing D1 now-her younger D is not making that mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers would be a great choice. At this age, Sky Walkers is more focused on fundamental skills then the number of wins/loses. My daughter has learned a lot since her move to Sky Walkers. The coaches can be tough, but they are just trying to get the kids to perform to the best of their ability. I really like how Sky Walkers focuses on the team concept with regards to ball movement. You won't find only one or two girls running to goal. I know they've allowed girls to come out for share days during practices, so you could probably have your daughter participate in a practice prior to tryouts. Regardless, all the teams you mentioned are talented and I'm sure have good coaching. Wish your daughter the best of luck.

Thank you for the quality response and input. It be great if this forum was used more for resources than trash talking and smart replies...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For a club that is “more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses” just be careful what you ask for. This is a club that is actively recruiting players from other teams at “clinics” and making offers and forcing acceptance from girls before tryouts even happen. This isn’t fair to the girls like my D who are currently on the team and not really on the up and up as many of the other girls are still currently playing for their clubs. As you get older this continues with them bringing in girls from out of state at the expense of girls on the team... so imho... they are all about the win at the cost of the player.

But good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For a club that is “more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses” just be careful what you ask for. This is a club that is actively recruiting players from other teams at “clinics” and making offers and forcing acceptance from girls before tryouts even happen. This isn’t fair to the girls like my D who are currently on the team and not really on the up and up as many of the other girls are still currently playing for their clubs. As you get older this continues with them bringing in girls from out of state at the expense of girls on the team... so imho... they are all about the win at the cost of the player.

But good luck!

Please take everything you read on this site with a grain of salt. Sky Walkers attempts to be competitive in every age group just like M&D and Hero's. When you tryout for these clubs, you have to know that:
1. There is no guarantee for playing time. Sky Walkers is looking to develop talent. No incentive to improve when equal playing time rules are instituted. You work hard and earn playing time. That is how it will be when you are in high school and college. This is also explained thoroughly at the try outs.
2. Your position on the team is not guaranteed. You may not start, you could be moved to the white team, or you may not even make the team during the next tryouts. That is a reality.

This is the method for developing talent and is not incompatible with what I stated earlier. You have to realize that you've probably put your daughter in the wrong situation--that's what is not fair. The winning formula for your daughter involves finding the club that matches her abilities/potential. Don't try to change a club's philosophy to meet your daughter's needs--it won't happen.

Sky Walkers is more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses. A constant infusion of the most talented players possible makes developing high level players much more attainable.

To those interested in Sky Walkers, we'll be at the Mid-Atlantic Showcase. Stop by our tent and talk to our parents and get their opinion first hand. We don't bite I promise. Feel free to come out to a practice and watch for yourselves. Just don't believe everything your read on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at theses clinics. No one was recruiting. Skywalkers advertised a clinic and people came. Skywalkers didn't go out begging people to come to their clinic. With the exception of one 25 girl I heard them say - we'd love to see you at tryouts to multiple players. Including some very good players.

People who don't like skywalkers are spreading misinformation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break .... M&D is recruiting players too. There are coaches and even worse - parents (very visible parents )- who have "promised" players from other clubs spots on M&D teams. Trust me ... I've seen it with my own eyes. There's sideline talk of next year "when so and so is on defense we'll have a much stronger defense" , etc.. There are girls who live very far away from any M&D practice sites who have been told they have spots. So give me a break with the skywalkers clinic garbage.

I'm not saying the Robinson's have made these promises but coaches and parents have. So don't let anyone from M&D say that skywalkers is recruiting . That is the fat pot calling the kettle black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems M&D blk won easily in pool play vs Heros green and then lost in finals again to them. Was this questionable coaching calls? Seriously asking was it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems M&D blk won easily in pool play vs Heros green and then lost in finals again to them. Was this questionable coaching calls? Seriously asking was it?

MnD out shot Hero's. Poor shots and playing catch with the goalie is a good recipe for losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW, M&D, Heroes are not developing girls they are acquiring talent . If your daughter is not the all in just lax girl at 12 they don't want you. You will need to work on your game and have a midlevel club give you the attention and playing time needed. Then you can bail on them and play for one of those clubs until you get cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But good luck!

Please take everything you read on this site with a grain of salt. Sky Walkers attempts to be competitive in every age group just like M&D and Hero's. When you tryout for these clubs, you have to know that:
1. There is no guarantee for playing time. Sky Walkers is looking to develop talent. No incentive to improve when equal playing time rules are instituted. You work hard and earn playing time. That is how it will be when you are in high school and college. This is also explained thoroughly at the try outs.
2. Your position on the team is not guaranteed. You may not start, you could be moved to the white team, or you may not even make the team during the next tryouts. That is a reality.

This is the method for developing talent and is not incompatible with what I stated earlier. You have to realize that you've probably put your daughter in the wrong situation--that's what is not fair. The winning formula for your daughter involves finding the club that matches her abilities/potential. Don't try to change a club's philosophy to meet your daughter's needs--it won't happen.

Sky Walkers is more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses. A constant infusion of the most talented players possible makes developing high level players much more attainable.

To those interested in Sky Walkers, we'll be at the Mid-Atlantic Showcase. Stop by our tent and talk to our parents and get their opinion first hand. We don't bite I promise. Feel free to come out to a practice and watch for yourselves. Just don't believe everything your read on this site.

It's pretty tacky that SW is emailing invitations to other girls in the local community who play for other clubs and inviting them personally to tryout for SW and promising them a spot on the team. This seems like a desperate attempt to win at all costs to me. Choose wisely. It may seem flattering for you or your child if you are receiving this invitation but don't think for one minute that they will not hesitate to recruit to replace your child in future seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Golly gee. Stop would you! The stirreth of the potter. I personally don’t feel that SW would ever need to do that. Mind you, they are a top club in the country. How about just focusing on your child and help “her” make her dreams come true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW, M&D, Heroes are not developing girls they are acquiring talent . If your daughter is not the all in just lax girl at 12 they don't want you. You will need to work on your game and have a midlevel club give you the attention and playing time needed. Then you can bail on them and play for one of those clubs until you get cut.

Finally some truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain why Skywalkers forfeited at Lax for the Cure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain why Skywalkers forfeited at Lax for the Cure?

OUCH.... Someone went there... My guess is that they had something more important to do after driving 3 hours to play in a lacrosse tournament, then play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is Integrity director taking HS teams and will retire -and leaving younger teams to TR . That will be a mess. No wonder the early tryout dates .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This time next week most team tryouts will be over! Base your predictions here, how many players will be scurrying to Hero's based on their phenomenal performance this season? How many players will be trying out Monday at one club, Tuesday at another? How quick will coaches be making offers to get players to commit. Let the madness begin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions:

Hero's needs more speed
M&D needs better shooters
Skywalkers needs more depth

NEMS is the team to watch out for in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions:

Hero's needs more speed
M&D needs better shooters
Skywalkers needs more depth

NEMS is the team to watch out for in the future.

The big programs like SW, Hero's, M&D always get better. Teams like NEMS is a team that is good at a young age and falls off quick. Show me one good older NEMS team. Ask around on the older NEMS teams. A lot of parents wish they would of left sooner or are now stuck there.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard