BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hogan must be very proud of his hawks.... Hawks moto is our commitment to our players, no guest players, and our roster is set the day of tryouts. Hahaha!

Can’t wait to hear the commentators during the Naptown tourney..........

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salty much?? What GUEST players did they add or are they new to the team for the summer. Their FOGO was injured during the last week of HOCO so they had to pick one up to compete. They had two middies leave after the spring season so they had to pick up some kids fir depth same group of core kids besides FOGO as they had all year. Find a way to stop their attack and they can easily be beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Madlax DC today?

Today is the day Montgomery County issues driver’s license.

Well done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Madlax DC today?

Today is the day Montgomery County issues driver’s license.

Winner 👆🏻

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salty much?? What GUEST players did they add or are they new to the team for the summer. Their FOGO was injured during the last week of HOCO so they had to pick one up to compete. They had two middies leave after the spring season so they had to pick up some kids fir depth same group of core kids besides FOGO as they had all year. Find a way to stop their attack and they can easily be beat.

Brotherly Love played them the best other than Dogs all summer. Had the lead most of game and all of first half but started losing faceoffs and time of possesion. They limited 9 and 24 well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the brick wall zone D and the no goal goalie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"dream team of Looneys and Breakers players."
Do people even read what they post prior to posting?

I think he was just trying to be funny. We just got a call about this team (and no, we are not part of Breakers, Looney's or FCA) From what we were told, no parent coaches - a few ex-players in their 20's coaching. Supposed to be a small roster. Lower than average cost. They are not worried about chasing other teams or being "elite"- just kids playing with others of similar abilities. Not sure we are interested, but I don't see anything wrong with the model if they can pull it off. Rock and Lax World folded teams in this age last year so there are probably fewer 2023 teams than in most age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some are going to new Green Turtle team. Bench players from Looney's Orange forming a team to control where dads can coach to control their son's playing time. There will also be Looney's Green players and probably Breakers players on there i.e. poaching other players from teams promising playing time on a "dream team." Just a rotation of mediocre players amongst mediocre teams is what will occur again this year. The last thing the Baltimore area needs is another club team.
As for Rock, I thought he was coach this past season for 2023? Not sure where all the St. Paul's players play, Breakers? It could be a definite draw for Rock and much needed.
We do notice tryouts are getting earlier and earlier each year for some clubs. Why?

Loonies Orange looks like the definition of mediocre themselves. Ran from Crabfest last week to play "mediocre" teams in PA while the Elite teams stayed local to play against other elite teams. I see where they are near the bottom of Millon's tourney this weekend. Sorry we didn't see them today - they make us look good. Doesn't look like much to hold anyone at Looneys unless your dad is the coach.

Looneys would have played in Crabfeast if RM would have let them in. Whoever you are, whatever your agenda is, you're a hammerhead

Why didn't he "let them in?" Mediocre. Just not consistent enough to compete with the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brotherly Love played them the best other than Dogs all summer. Had the lead most of game and all of first half but started losing faceoffs and time of possesion. They limited 9 and 24 well.

Go back into hiding brotherly love fan, you lost to VLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he was just trying to be funny. We just got a call about this team (and no, we are not part of Breakers, Looney's or FCA) From what we were told, no parent coaches - a few ex-players in their 20's coaching. Supposed to be a small roster. Lower than average cost. They are not worried about chasing other teams or being "elite"- just kids playing with others of similar abilities. Not sure we are interested, but I don't see anything wrong with the model if they can pull it off. Rock and Lax World folded teams in this age last year so there are probably fewer 2023 teams than in most age groups.

Sounds like Kelly Post

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is is about Looneys that its teams fall apart going into high school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the brick wall zone D and the no goal goalie?

The one that allowed 17 and 15 against the crabs? that D and goalie will come back to Earth once all those guest players are gone.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s the best 2023 goalie in the state no question about it. Everyone has a bad day every now and again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some are going to new Green Turtle team. Bench players from Looney's Orange forming a team to control where dads can coach to control their son's playing time. There will also be Looney's Green players and probably Breakers players on there i.e. poaching other players from teams promising playing time on a "dream team." Just a rotation of mediocre players amongst mediocre teams is what will occur again this year. The last thing the Baltimore area needs is another club team.
As for Rock, I thought he was coach this past season for 2023? Not sure where all the St. Paul's players play, Breakers? It could be a definite draw for Rock and much needed.
We do notice tryouts are getting earlier and earlier each year for some clubs. Why?

Loonies Orange looks like the definition of mediocre themselves. Ran from Crabfest last week to play "mediocre" teams in PA while the Elite teams stayed local to play against other elite teams. I see where they are near the bottom of Millon's tourney this weekend. Sorry we didn't see them today - they make us look good. Doesn't look like much to hold anyone at Looneys unless your dad is the coach.

Looneys would have played in Crabfeast if RM would have let them in. Whoever you are, whatever your agenda is, you're a hammerhead

Why didn't he "let them in?" Mediocre. Just not consistent enough to compete with the top teams.

You'd need to ask Mr Crab himself. Looney's went to OT with the Crabfeast Champ Hawks the week before. Despite poor showing last week they are in ball park of most of the 2023 team at Crabfeast..It seems he like to keep certain local clubs (91 Looneys) out of his HS tourn to keep up the premise that you need to play Crabs to play D1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 2023 MD teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax
Crabs
VLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of in the same boat here. Don't think my son is interested, but I don't see a problem with folks putting together a team to compete off season during high school. Some kids (most) would just like to play with their high school team and also have fun with a club team without it being the life or death struggle of "elite" teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of in the same boat here. Don't think my son is interested, but I don't see a problem with folks putting together a team to compete off season during high school. Some kids (most) would just like to play with their high school team and also have fun with a club team without it being the life or death struggle of "elite" teams.

There is absolutely no reason to play High School Club lacrosse if your child is not interested in playing College lacrosse... If your team is not putting you in recruitment tournaments then why play? Just play High School an be done with it....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is absolutely no reason to play High School Club lacrosse if your child is not interested in playing College lacrosse... If your team is not putting you in recruitment tournaments then why play? Just play High School an be done with it...."

Could not disagree more. Fact is that many of the kids who are interested now won't be at some point. Many that are not will be interested in playing in college. Some kids will go on to play in college and decide it is not for them. This should be your criteria:
1. Can you afford it? If not the answer is NO for any circumstance. This is not football or basketball. NO gold at the end of the rainbow not even for PLL. If yes, pick a team that will not hurt the wallet.
2. Does you son like playing? If yes, then support the activity and it keeps them out of trouble.
3. Will it make him better for HS?
4. Do you enjoy it?
I feel sorry for the person who made the previous statement. If you feel club lacrosse is a negative experience you are in for even more disappointment in the near future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is absolutely no reason to play High School Club lacrosse if your child is not interested in playing College lacrosse... If your team is not putting you in recruitment tournaments then why play? Just play High School an be done with it....

It may not be a good "investment" (although I don't think it is even for kids who want to play in college). But there are plenty of good reasons to play club other than for recruiting. That's especially true for a club that is relatively low cost and intends to be a low stress fun experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may not be a good "investment" (although I don't think it is even for kids who want to play in college). But there are plenty of good reasons to play club other than for recruiting. That's especially true for a club that is relatively low cost and intends to be a low stress fun experience.

Name a club that is low cost at the High School level? Go to public school and play for your High School team...... If you do not intend to play College Lacrosse then it's just a complete waste of time....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name a club that is low cost at the High School level? Go to public school and play for your High School team...... If you do not intend to play College Lacrosse then it's just a complete waste of time....

If you feel playing more lacrosse is a complete waste of time then any amount is too much. Many teams charge under 2K a year. As you state, "if you do not intend to play College Lacrosse" speaking in the first person, I assume you are a player not a parent, if you do not like the sport, then "yes" it is a complete waste of time and money to continue. Many kids enjoy the sport and it will end at some point. For many, spending 2K a year to play more competitive lacrosse at the High School level to get better and maybe start on Varsity is low cost. The same would apply to any activity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you feel playing more lacrosse is a complete waste of time then any amount is too much. Many teams charge under 2K a year. As you state, "if you do not intend to play College Lacrosse" speaking in the first person, I assume you are a player not a parent, if you do not like the sport, then "yes" it is a complete waste of time and money to continue. Many kids enjoy the sport and it will end at some point. For many, spending 2K a year to play more competitive lacrosse at the High School level to get better and maybe start on Varsity is low cost. The same would apply to any activity.

Really you are lost..... High School club lacrosse teams are totally different than middle school teams.... There is no comparison... All of High School club teams are geared for College recruitment.... A lot of the tournaments have no championships and scores do not matter... Its all about showcasing your skills to college coaches.... If your kid is not interested then he should not play.. He is wasting your time and your money... High School Club lacrosse does not exist so you can be better for your High School team....... There is no program like that in existence in Maryland....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of High School club teams are geared for College recruitment.... A lot of the tournaments have no championships and scores do not matter.

Other than the Millon 2023 "Championship" every tournament we went to (and will go to) has high school divisions. Those teams seem to be playing in games where they keep score and even play for championships. Sure, there is a lot of focus on "showcase" events, but that is certainly not the totality of summer tournaments. And if that is all you are playing for (or your kid is playing for) you seem to be the one who is lost.

For my son, he loves the game, will play on his High School team, but doesn't think he wants to play in college. Maybe he'll change his mind, so having a club team gives him some flexibility. But even if he just plays the next 3 summers, it is worth it to us as parents. We can thankfully afford it, he enjoys it and so do we.

We feel the same way about box. That certainly won't help him get recruited, but it's a great sport and we all have fun attending tournaments.

YMMV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really you are lost..... High School club lacrosse teams are totally different than middle school teams.... There is no comparison... All of High School club teams are geared for College recruitment.... A lot of the tournaments have no championships and scores do not matter... Its all about showcasing your skills to college coaches.... If your kid is not interested then he should not play.. He is wasting your time and your money... High School Club lacrosse does not exist so you can be better for your High School team....... There is no program like that in existence in Maryland....

No he's not. Aloha, Madlax, Hogan, NXT, etc all have HS divisions and the cost is the same as the youth divisions. This guys thinks because his kid is on an elite team in 8th grade means all the money he's spent (and will spend) is justified compared to the rest of us. Fact is very few kids know the type of grind needed to play college lacrosse - even in D3. Not to mention the grind and competition he'll see if going to a MIAA A school. We're all more or less suckers for paying for club ball but if their experience was a positive one and the money wasn't in lieu of college fund - then time and money well spent imo. Same applies for hs club. All hail the late bloomers. If your kid has your attitude then he's gonna get caught

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax DC Dogs team didn't do that well at the MIllon event. Why? Because several of their kids weren't allowed to play because they WERE TOO OLD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Is going on with Looneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the tournament director let his son play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Is going on with Looneys?

Turning into a good rec program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Paul’s 23 kids are mostly at Breakers. None of them will even see the field in high school. Mediocre at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Paul’s 23 kids are mostly at Breakers. None of them will even see the field in high school. Mediocre at best

Huh? So St Paul’s has no 2023 kids that will see the field in HS? Assume you mean as Freshman in Varsity. Sounds bitter for some reason. Cut from Breakers? Not recruited to SP?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cut from Breakers? Now that’s funny!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? So St Paul’s has no 2023 kids that will see the field in HS? Assume you mean as Freshman in Varsity. Sounds bitter for some reason. Cut from Breakers? Not recruited to SP?

Cut from the Breakers ,,,Thats a low blow !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the best (and my favorite) youth tournaments is this weekend, YoungGunz. To be fair is highly competitive from grades 3 to 7th, but 8th is more of a C level tournament (never heard of most of the teams competing) so I was surprised when I saw VLC championship trolling. VLC is a much better team than this they beat brotherly love and made Crab feast semis, but I can understand putting yourself in a tournament with a big name and no competition to get a championship.........

But then I look over and saw these young men in yellow helmets playing so I had to go and look to see what team it was, after all it could not be the 2023 Crabs team (PS there is no 2023 Crabs B team). Guess what it was the 2023 Crabs team, for the love of GOD I could not understand why they were there, until someone reminded me that they have not won anything this summer.

Well VLC I am sorry because jealous big brother decided he wants a 2019 championship T-Shirt.

let me be the first to congratulate the 2023 Crabs team on this victory, its been long coming and hey guess if you cant beat teams in your division then the best thing to do is to drop down 3 divisions. Everyone associated with the team should be embarrassed to be at this tournament, and i get you are afraid that the coach will bench your son, but walking away from this tournament smiling with your head high tells alot.

CONGRATS YOUNGGUNZ CHUMPS - 2023 Crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the best (and my favorite) youth tournaments is this weekend, YoungGunz. To be fair is highly competitive from grades 3 to 7th, but 8th is more of a C level tournament (never heard of most of the teams competing) so I was surprised when I saw VLC championship trolling. VLC is a much better team than this they beat brotherly love and made Crab feast semis, but I can understand putting yourself in a tournament with a big name and no competition to get a championship.........

But then I look over and saw these young men in yellow helmets playing so I had to go and look to see what team it was, after all it could not be the 2023 Crabs team (PS there is no 2023 Crabs B team). Guess what it was the 2023 Crabs team, for the love of GOD I could not understand why they were there, until someone reminded me that they have not won anything this summer.

Well VLC I am sorry because jealous big brother decided he wants a 2019 championship T-Shirt.

let me be the first to congratulate the 2023 Crabs team on this victory, its been long coming and hey guess if you cant beat teams in your division then the best thing to do is to drop down 3 divisions. Everyone associated with the team should be embarrassed to be at this tournament, and i get you are afraid that the coach will bench your son, but walking away from this tournament smiling with your head high tells alot.

Not a major talent difference this year in Crabfeast and young guns. Better talent at crabfeast by maybe 3 to 4 teams Both events had outmatched out of state teams. So did the Millon event and Naptown. Adding the Crabs team raises the bar. It is their tournament. Big 4h Mesa Seattle Stars all decent teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a major talent difference this year in Crabfeast and young guns. Better talent at crabfeast by maybe 3 to 4 teams Both events had outmatched out of state teams. So did the Millon event and Naptown. Adding the Crabs team raises the bar. It is their tournament. Big 4h Mesa Seattle Stars all decent teams.

Stop! This event for 2023 is very weak and not in the conversation with crabfeast Millon or Naptown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop! This event for 2023 is very weak and not in the conversation with crabfeast Millon or Naptown.

Don't even try it.... No HOCO Elite, AAA or AA team should be signed up for this event. The Crabs are only playing in it to win a Championship,. This is it for them, maybe next year they can reload with so re-re-classing 2022s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock Club Lacrosse (RCL) has released the potential coaching staff for the 2023 team. They are investing a lot of coaching talent in a team that does not exist. Seems like a big move. Roughrider Lacrosse has done the same thing at the 2023 graduation year. Given the growth of Zingos LC and Breakers, it will be interesting to see what may happen with player movement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock Club Lacrosse (RCL) has released the potential coaching staff for the 2023 team. They are investing a lot of coaching talent in a team that does not exist. Seems like a big move. Roughrider Lacrosse has done the same thing at the 2023 graduation year. Given the growth of Zingos LC and Breakers, it will be interesting to see what may happen with player movement.

Zingos?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers? Lol

Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard