BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 323 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 322 323
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking at the UA rosters you can clearly see daddy ball had a big influence on the command and uncommitted teams. If corrigan sports wants to continue with the UA hype they better wise up. People are starting to see all the BS favoritisms that come with the tryouts.

This is hilarious. You are likely one of the dads with a holdback who told complaining dads of on age kids to hit the wall. Now you have no juice. And you don’t like it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the UA rosters you can clearly see daddy ball had a big influence on the command and uncommitted teams. If corrigan sports wants to continue with the UA hype they better wise up. People are starting to see all the BS favoritisms that come with the tryouts.

This is hilarious. You are likely one of the dads with a holdback who told complaining dads of on age kids to hit the wall. Now you have no juice. And you don’t like it.

Is that the best response you can come up with for what that poster said. Take a look at the roster for the command team, clearly that team was almost picked before the tryouts. One of the coaches is from AS and the other is the RoughRiders 2022 coach. This team is loaded with RR and AS players.

But stunads like you don't see the truth, the best you can come up with is "hit the wall". That will NEVER make anyone a better lacrosse player. NEVER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that the best response you can come up with for what that poster said. Take a look at the roster for the command team, clearly that team was almost picked before the tryouts. One of the coaches is from AS and the other is the RoughRiders 2022 coach. This team is loaded with RR and AS players.

But stunads like you don't see the truth, the best you can come up with is "hit the wall". That will NEVER make anyone a better lacrosse player. NEVER.

Read the post again jockstrap. The poster did not tell anyone to hit the wall. He said holdback dads like you said that to on age kids. No you don’t have an advantage and can’t create one so you complain about this system. Now you understand how parents on on age kids felt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see the relationship now. Successful coaches produce successful players! Salty, spoiled, sore lost parents do not! So you clearly feel compelled to be the anonymous guy on a sports forum, casting shade on good people and players because you are not a good person! The 3 coaches have about 100 years combined coaching and playing experience at every level of lacrosse from Rec to Club to High School to College to MLL. The 3 of them combined have also probably coached 75% or more of the total players who participated at the tryouts on various teams at one point or another. What do you have to offer besides sour grapes? All the players on the team are top notch players in the area and most of the team plays for Hawks, RR, FCA, Koopers, Crabs, 91MD, which are the strongest club teams in the area and beyond. Those teams are very successful in underclass lacrosse for a reason and all of these players are top players for those teams. So what exactly do you have to offer to discount any of those realities besides your feelings are really hurt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight........2 highly successful local club teams have 8 players on a 23 man roster?? But that only leaves 15 more spots for kids from the other 3-4 highly successful club teams? Seems really crazy!! <end sarcasm. Is there any real way out of this where you don't complain on this forum? Besides of course doing somebody a REAL favor and putting your kid on the team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the boys that made the team can play, but the fact remains that they don't take the best kids overall. That is a fact and everybody knows this. The HC is going to rep the athletes from his school, his affiliated club, his friends kids etc because he knows the next HC is going to do the same. Like everything in life there is a political element to it and nothing is going to change that.

The coaches and everyone else there watching have eyes. They see and therefore know what is going on.

What matters most is that they get to see ALL of the boys play and compete. Being seen and getting your name out there is what matters.

If you're a big, strong, fast kid that can ball....you're going to be noticed and talked about.

The final team is not the end all be all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m thinking the Long Island attackmen shouldn’t have made the team because his dad is coaching. Lol. Yours son is better I’m sure.

whole point is to represent your region/area. Now we have players going to other areas just to make teams. This along with the actual process of tryouts is starting to give UA a bad reputation. Many are questioning the UA games .

Should be region based teams and complete unbiased tryouts.. I am a dreamer, never happen i know

You were a dreamer, but then you clearly became a hater once your dream did not come true. Baltimore and NY Tri-State are the most concentrated areas of talent. Kids go to other tryouts because the bulk of kids in those tryout areas are less known and the talent is less concentrated. Players at other tryouts come from many surrounding states. That is why some of those other areas have such high tryout numbers. Shop your kid at the Georgia tryouts next year if you don't understand how that works or have a realistic expectation for your son.. I'm sure there were very legitimate reasons for not taking him on the Baltimore team. Even if the reason was just "we don't feel like dealing with his lunatic, hater, crybaby dad!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight........2 highly successful local club teams have 8 players on a 23 man roster?? But that only leaves 15 more spots for kids from the other 3-4 highly successful club teams? Seems really crazy!! <end sarcasm. Is there any real way out of this where you don't complain on this forum? Besides of course doing somebody a REAL favor and putting your kid on the team?

One AS player that made it didn’t even complete the try out process and played poorly when he did. The whole system is garbage. Don’t patronize these farcical events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m thinking the Long Island attackmen shouldn’t have made the team because his dad is coaching. Lol. Yours son is better I’m sure.

whole point is to represent your region/area. Now we have players going to other areas just to make teams. This along with the actual process of tryouts is starting to give UA a bad reputation. Many are questioning the UA games .

Should be region based teams and complete unbiased tryouts.. I am a dreamer, never happen i know

They don’t care about age requirements so why would they care about home address?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA tryouts at DC were such a joke. Another huge money garb. Why are players allowed to tryout at different locations. Do not make Baltimore run down to DC. With over 1000 kids there is no way they could find the best talent. Then you have all the SJ kids that get picked. I wonder why? They had to make every bit of $200000. with. What a machine

I don't even see a roster posted. How do you know who got picked or even tried out elsewhere? Unless you're on the inside, how would you know?

Are you saying the SJ kids shouldn’t have made it? I haven’t seen the final list but the SJ players that played in the call back game were legit. You people are delusional.

My son didnt make B'More. The reason he went to DC is because there were about 100 college coaches there and it got him some time in front of them. We knew going in there was no way the DC evaluators would let a B'more guy make the call back game and thats OK. The same holds true vice versa. Im sure even the best DC guys would not make Bmore for the same reasons. What I will say is having been to both Bmore and DC Highlight, assuming DC puts their best players on the team they should easily beat Baltimore this year. I could envision DC winning something like 12-5 if the 2 squads end up playing.

Final Baltimore 10 DC 9. Your prediction of a 12-5 DC win was spot on. Baltimore's best player even got hurt during the game and they still won. LOL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA tryouts at DC were such a joke. Another huge money garb. Why are players allowed to tryout at different locations. Do not make Baltimore run down to DC. With over 1000 kids there is no way they could find the best talent. Then you have all the SJ kids that get picked. I wonder why? They had to make every bit of $200000. with. What a machine

I don't even see a roster posted. How do you know who got picked or even tried out elsewhere? Unless you're on the inside, how would you know?

Are you saying the SJ kids shouldn’t have made it? I haven’t seen the final list but the SJ players that played in the call back game were legit. You people are delusional.

My son didnt make B'More. The reason he went to DC is because there were about 100 college coaches there and it got him some time in front of them. We knew going in there was no way the DC evaluators would let a B'more guy make the call back game and thats OK. The same holds true vice versa. Im sure even the best DC guys would not make Bmore for the same reasons. What I will say is having been to both Bmore and DC Highlight, assuming DC puts their best players on the team they should easily beat Baltimore this year. I could envision DC winning something like 12-5 if the 2 squads end up playing.

Final Baltimore 10 DC 9. Your prediction of a 12-5 DC win was spot on. Baltimore's best player even got hurt during the game and they still won. LOL

Great Game “Best Player” got hurt at the end of the game even though I’m not so sure about “best player” comment. A lot of great players on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He got hurt with one minute left. Hope he's ok. Hope these two teams meet in the playoffs. Some good lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for those of you going onto this forum minutes after a game is sad. Please shut your computer down, turn your phone off and enjoy watching the games. before you know it, you kids will be finished playing lacrosse and you will have nothing to complain about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He got hurt with one minute left. Hope he's ok. Hope these two teams meet in the playoffs. Some good lacrosse.

Was watching Long Island and Philly play after the Baltimore vs DC game and they are very talented teams as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son didnt make B'More. The reason he went to DC is because there were about 100 college coaches there and it got him some time in front of them. We knew going in there was no way the DC evaluators would let a B'more guy make the call back game and thats OK. The same holds true vice versa. Im sure even the best DC guys would not make Bmore for the same reasons. What I will say is having been to both Bmore and DC Highlight, assuming DC puts their best players on the team they should easily beat Baltimore this year. I could envision DC winning something like 12-5 if the 2 squads end up playing

Was watching Long Island and Philly play after the Baltimore vs DC game and they are very talented teams as well.

Not always the best that tried out, but very talented nevertheless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public School News.......
Best kept secret in the state is the talent accumulating at Catonsville Senior High. The freshman class was the best in the region with top club players from Rough Rider Lacrosse Club. Three kids made UA.
They added a St. Pauls attack to go with the best offensive freshman in the state. Mt. St. Joe's dumpster fire of a program (third coach in 12 months) will likely lose some players to CHS in the coming weeks.
Top staff in the 4A region
Incredible freshman class coming in as well. Loonies top close defender, goalie, two poles and athletic mids from 91.
The team came within a goal of knocking off Howard in the P/O. Keep your eyes open for these kids.

91md2023 won 1 game in three years at the elite level. Looneys won 2 games this year. Not impressive. Throwing around club names is silly.

So you think there aren't very good players on marginal elite teams? That the only kids that will be impact players in HS are all on 2 or 3 teams?

Up until now the 23's were only known by what club they played for - so thank you for throwing the clubs names around. Also, comprehension of the original post must be just too positive for you to understand. It clearly called out a few players from the only team they had been on up until now
Silly is taking a positive quote about an exciting group of boys that are doing good and trashing it without the ability to read it

Catonsville = Public School, Spaulding = Private School
Looneys, 91 = Hawks, API

Hilarious ^^^ this guy makes the same predictions about Catonsville that the Spalding dads do. It’s always wait until you this next recruiting class. Except Looneys and 91 ain’t Hawks and API.

Catonsville is about to get even stronger as a 2022 goalie who started at a private is transferring in which will allow the RR goalie to continue playing offense. That group will win at least 1 state championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catonsville is about to get even stronger as a 2022 goalie who started at a private is transferring in which will allow the RR goalie to continue playing offense. That group will win at least 1 state championship

Spalding and Catonsville will both be awesome the next few years. If there was a Paper Tiger Conference I suspect they both would win it. Wonder how they would stack up against the Briar Woods powerhouse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Washington Command with the Championship Win. I guess someone picked the right players. Ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Washington Command with the Championship Win. I guess someone picked the right players. Ha

Been saying it all year. Better Hawks players went to SJC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats gotta Hurt !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Spalding lCommand team experiment didn’t work out too well. The only Baltimore team not to win the Championship. They are going to be great next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding Hawks and the puppet coach can't get it done in the UA tournament. Maybe some more Catonsville guys would have helped. But hey, the pictures are great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats gotta Hurt !!

Thats gotta Hurt !!

Thats gotta Hurt !!

No offense but two of the DC coaches have extensive collegiate coaching experience. No Daddy ball or friends, godsons and family either. Understand how folks may question the number of SJ boys on the squad, but honestly they had the best 2022 recruiting class (top to bottom) in the greater District area. It took a week of practice and several games for the team to jell but once they did, they overwhelmed their opponents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Spalding lCommand team experiment didn’t work out too well. The only Baltimore team not to win the Championship. They are going to be great next year!

Do you even look before writing ??

Baltimore Command team beat the eventual Champions ( DC ) in their first game and lost to them in Semi's. Now that is really bad ! LOL.

Now tell your kid to HIT THE WALL !!! maybe he will make Spalding Varsity and UA teams next year,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was suddenly quiet on Facebook, so I figured Spalding had lost. What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore Command team beat the eventual Champions ( DC ) in their first game and lost to them in Semi's. Now that is really bad ! LOL.

Now tell your kid to HIT THE WALL !!! maybe he will make Spalding Varsity and UA teams next year,

Awwww... So sweet. I hope they each got participation trophies for trying so hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Spalding lCommand team experiment didn’t work out too well. The only Baltimore team not to win the Championship. They are going to be great next year![/quote]

Spalding Hawks and the puppet coach can't get it done in the UA tournament. Maybe some more Catonsville guys would have helped. But hey, the pictures are great![/quote]

No offense but two of the DC coaches have extensive collegiate coaching experience. No Daddy ball or friends, godsons and family either. Understand how folks may question the number of SJ boys on the squad, but honestly they had the best 2022 recruiting class (top to bottom) in the greater District area. It took a week of practice and several games for the team to jell but once they did, they overwhelmed their opponents.
[/quote)

The 1st 2 quotes above are too petty to address. As for DC "overwhelming" their opponents, I'll address only the 2d Balto game. DC fielded a good squad, but they beat the Balto boys with considerable help from their opponents. For reasons that are hard to fathom, Baltimore suffered a near-total “team” collapse - no "team" offense, no "team" defense, sloppy passing, poor shot selection, abundant and unnecessary penalties. The marginal of victory was 3 EMO goals. I give DC their due, but play 10 games and I see each team winning 5. Unlike the petty crowd, no knock on either team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Spalding lCommand team experiment didn’t work out too well. The only Baltimore team not to win the Championship. They are going to be great next year![/quote]

Spalding Hawks and the puppet coach can't get it done in the UA tournament. Maybe some more Catonsville guys would have helped. But hey, the pictures are great![/quote]

[/quote)

The 1st 2 quotes above are too petty to address. As for DC "overwhelming" their opponents, I'll address only the 2d Balto game. DC fielded a good squad, but they beat the Balto boys with considerable help from their opponents. For reasons that are hard to fathom, Baltimore suffered a near-total “team” collapse - no "team" offense, no "team" defense, sloppy passing, poor shot selection, abundant and unnecessary penalties. The marginal of victory was 3 EMO goals. I give DC their due, but play 10 games and I see each team winning 5. Unlike the petty crowd, no knock on either team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awwww... So sweet. I hope they each got participation trophies for trying so hard.

I don’t think all the Division 1 coaches watching their games cared who won or lost. That kind of exposure is a heck of a participation trophy if you ask me. Congrats to all the boys who made the teams and to DC for winning the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal - no coach is worried about 22s/23s. Still working on 20s and haven’t even spoken to 21s. You are fooling yourself if they targeting your holdback son for a free ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal - no coach is worried about 22s/23s. Still working on 20s and haven’t even spoken to 21s. You are fooling yourself if they targeting your holdback son for a free ride.

Maybe, but there were plenty of coaches watching the command games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, but there were plenty of coaches watching the command games.

They were lined up at the DC vs. Baltimore game on Thursday, but maybe they just wanted to see a good game. That must be it. 21s and 20s didn’t start play until Friday, so there is no way they were evaluating. They were probably just there to soak up the 110 degree heat on the turf to get ready for the real evaluations when the highlight division started the next day, I suppose the notebooks were for making a grocery list. Glad you set me straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

silly statement, college coaches definitely have rising high school sophomores on the radar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While the college coaches were handing out participation awards and a chance to go to their school your son hopefully was HITTING THE WALL. Maybe next year he will get his chance to participate next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote)

The 1st 2 quotes above are too petty to address. As for DC "overwhelming" their opponents, I'll address only the 2d Balto game. DC fielded a good squad, but they beat the Balto boys with considerable help from their opponents. For reasons that are hard to fathom, Baltimore suffered a near-total “team” collapse - no "team" offense, no "team" defense, sloppy passing, poor shot selection, abundant and unnecessary penalties. The marginal of victory was 3 EMO goals. I give DC their due, but play 10 games and I see each team winning 5. Unlike the petty crowd, no knock on either team. [/quote]

DC took out Balts best player in the first game. They weren't the same after that. Hope he's all right but know he sat out most of the tournament,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement can only be made by a person that didn’t attend the games. Sorry pal but they were watching with binders open and taking notes. They have already starting reaching out to some of the boys HS and Club head coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding Hawks and the puppet coach can't get it done in the UA tournament. Maybe some more Catonsville guys would have helped. But hey, the pictures are great!

[/quote)

The 1st 2 quotes above are too petty to address. As for DC "overwhelming" their opponents, I'll address only the 2d Balto game. DC fielded a good squad, but they beat the Balto boys with considerable help from their opponents. For reasons that are hard to fathom, Baltimore suffered a near-total “team” collapse - no "team" offense, no "team" defense, sloppy passing, poor shot selection, abundant and unnecessary penalties. The marginal of victory was 3 EMO goals. I give DC their due, but play 10 games and I see each team winning 5. Unlike the petty crowd, no knock on either team. [/quote]

DC took out Balts best player in the first game. They weren't the same after that. Hope he's all right but know he sat out most of the tournament,[/quote]

Lol. Boy had an ankle injury and played the next day and in the semifinal. He was on social media within an hour after the first DC game saying he was fine. One player doesn’t make the team and I would disagree that he was the best player on the team. Grasping

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Hawks FOGO committed to Navy yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A