BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2028-3rd Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully Hammerheads put the stones to Rebels this weekend like they did indoors... Hopefully Rebels mom has a conflict with her shift at hooters as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo? Sorry. We are average at best. Had enough of Manhasset daddy ball...moving on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we need a tournament with rebels, legacy and 91 all there this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we played rebels today. Moms are completely crazy. But I must say that the team itself are a very talented bunch of boys and they’re very well coached. The defense is probably the best on the island. Moms please just chill out ladies.. Sorry to generalize I know some are ok.

Last edited by TM@BOTC; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We didn’t play the rebel’s today, they are talented. The defense is good. Best on the island LMAO!
I played and coached D1, I never thought i would see a travel team, especially what people call a very good travel team use a 3-3 zone on defense! Maybe a crappy PAL team! What are u teaching these kids. Any team can play a zone defense and get away with it at this level. I’m just shocked to see it.
We did stick around to watch the semi games today with GC beating R U S H and watching the rebel’s just get by the Hammerheads. They did what you should do when u play against a zone, circle offense and slow it down.
They totally exposed that team. You just hold the ball and stop them from transition.
Then to find out the Hammerheads are just a pick up team and they don’t even practice blew me away!
Lots of talent on that team!!!
Overall fun tournament , refs seemed to just listen to the rebel’s coach whenever he cried which was often!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love this forum. Very similar to Cafe Pharma and other platforms for people to complain and be heard. I hope many people who read this take all of it with a grain of salt and make your own personal decision for your child and his future. Don't get involved in the politics and business side........let your kid play and be coached by the best.

Yes, I am a Rebel parent. No I do not yell that loud but I have enjoyed the experience and the coaching that my 9 year old received all season long. It may not be D1 College Coaching but my son isn't playing in college yet.....remember he is 9.

As with all things in life, building a foundation is important. Hopefully the coach above would agree. I grew up playing and loving baseball. The 2028 coaching staff led by Bobby Moltisanti,Tom and Matt has been a huge blessing. These coaches have been extremely encouraging, created a true meritocracy and have brought a cerebral approach that any coach would appreciate. Coaching is the difference at this level and I hope my son is lucky enough to make the team again next year.

For everyone else who is reading this and not commenting, I would highly urge you to consider this team next year. Sign up for tryouts and see with your own eyes.
Cracking the starting lineup will be hard but last time I checked life isn't easy. What we have accomplished in such a short time has been a lot of fun. We have been together for less than a year and we never grab players from other teams.....we come to the field, learn and WIN..........oh yeah, parents may yell too.

Much Love
Uncle Chi Chi

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels, congrats. Rebels Moms, if your son were to marry someone as loud, obnoxious and sloppy as many of you (you know which Moms I'm referring to on that team) would you be proud of him and approving of your daughter-in-law? Think about that and then look in the mirror before your next tournament. Rethink how you roll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels won again and people seem to focus on a few of the moms. Interesting, sad and those who re doing so should be ashamed. As for the Rebels moms who are too loud and obnoxious at least they are not fake and hiding behind a keyboard. There are a few that are loud but there are a few of those on every sideline. It just seems that the focus goes to the team that wins the most. How about this board be used to compliment the children and inform people of issues in the lacrosse world. Those of you who come on here and talk about others really need to get a life. Garden City had a great win and should be proud. The Hammerheads do have talent and played well. I was also impressed by the Rebels in the game that I saw them on Saturday. It is a shame that the team is splitting up. I hope some of you think before you press send.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team NOT splitting up. Coaches all staying and best players are. Stop the BS on kids leaving. Couple suppose to go to turtles. Good luck in B brackets, those that go will regret decision for long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the tournament yesterday and was told from a parent on the Rebels directly that 7 of their players are leaving. The Rebels coaches are staying and are many of their players. Only time will tell which ones you seem to think are the best but I do know for a fact that 90 percent of the Smithtown group that has not lost in two years in their PAL summer league will be moving on. The team had a great year let them enjoy the end of it together and stop the BS. None of you experts know which kids are the best. None of the parents know either. Only the coaches know bc they work with the kids each day. The truth is that im sure they will meet on the field next year and see.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was at the tournament yesterday and was told from a parent on the Rebels directly that 7 of their players are leaving. The Rebels coaches are staying and are many of their players. Only time will tell which ones you seem to think are the best but I do know for a fact that 90 percent of the Smithtown group that has not lost in two years in their PAL summer league will be moving on. The team had a great year let them enjoy the end of it together and stop the BS. None of you experts know which kids are the best. None of the parents know either. Only the coaches know bc they work with the kids each day. The truth is that im sure they will meet on the field next year and see.

Well of course the coaches are staying. They are getting paid 12k a year - 1k a month with contracts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son does not play for the rebel’s - just want to say they are a solid team. People have to stop talking about crazy moms.
Every team has some crazy. Just give them there do. As far as the person talking about a 3rd zone. I agree 100%- there is no reason to play that at this level. Yes focus on the positive with Garden City’s big win over a solid R U S H team.
I also watched the Rebel’s vs Hammerheads game. That was one of the best games I have seen at this level.
Rebels did get a lot of questionable calls. Hate to say it but Blantant and Rebel’s are joined at the hip. Also that was a tough
No GOAL call against the a Hammerheads in the closing minutes.
Congratulations to the Rebel’s on there Championship!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the kids play people and STFU...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is a great indicator of future success. Nitwit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daer Rebels,
YOU are in the B bracket...
You're playing town teams, in your OWN tournament!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, name calling. Are the 3rd graders themselves using this board or the parents? Tried to come on here for some information for my son and see all the BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels great team. Again, look in the mirror. Moms, if your daughter grows up and acts like you would you be proud or embarrassed? If not, next generation is doomed...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well of course the coaches are staying. They are getting paid 12k a year - 1k a month with contracts.

The coach is currently shopping the team to other club so that will be really interesting if they bail on him first. Good luck rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O’Doyle rules!!!!!
I love this stuff! I pull up my chair and eat some popcorn and I get free entertainment!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks HEAD Turd, Glad you where there talking to parents. Crawl back into your shell, and dream of the good old days.
Turtles are a complete Joke, Not going to change

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to bash anyone these are third grade kids, jeez! 7starters from Smithtown and Rebels are moving to turtles. It isn’t fair to call any team a joke. It’s about the players and coaching. Our Smithtown kids have been coached in undefeated back to back seasons both in PAL (which I agree is a joke) and tournaments including club. That same level of coaching will be at the turtles. What people need to understand is the only reason Smithtown ever joined the Rebels is because of our coach on Smithtown.

Before the Smithtown kids joined the Rebels they were the Outlaws, if you remember one thing, remember that!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW... your famed Smithtown team played well at the H Cohen Tournament in Port Washington... but I wouldn't say they steamrolled anyone. Matter of fact, they barely beat the Port team (who was using a younger goalie that just started playing lax).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to bash anyone these are third grade kids, jeez! 7starters from Smithtown and Rebels are moving to turtles. It isn’t fair to call any team a joke. It’s about the players and coaching. Our Smithtown kids have been coached in undefeated back to back seasons both in PAL (which I agree is a joke) and tournaments including club. That same level of coaching will be at the turtles. What people need to understand is the only reason Smithtown ever joined the Rebels is because of our coach on Smithtown.

Before the Smithtown kids joined the Rebels they were the Outlaws, if you remember one thing, remember that!!!!

Whatever happened to "this special group of Parents agreed to keep this amazing group of 3rd graders together until the WSYL"?!? That agreement didn't even last 1 summer. Now the Rebels will be diminished and the Turtles will have 7 new kids. Where are will the rest of the Turtles be found? More watered-down travel lacrosse on LI and you Parents keep lining up to pay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No disrespect but we won 8-4 against Port and we played our B line (who are better than most A lines) that entire game ...
Other games were 13-1 against Manhasset and 11-4 against Three Village
All of those games we had to pass 3 times before shooting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 kids are leaving and they are NOT all starters. Rebels have a very good talent pool and will be still be a contender after those kids leave. Fast forward to next year and can't wait to see the disappointment on those parents faces after moving away from a great team. It wasn't 1 or 2 or even 3 kids that made up the rebels, It was an entire team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 7 leaving are all Smithtown starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL starters. Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the short middie leaves, the team is toast and will be an also ran...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starters or not does not mean a thing at this age. None of this matters really. The truth of the matter is the Rebels had and are still having a great year. The kids on the field are the ones doing the work (although the Rebels pay the coaches Bonus money based on the 9 year old's performance, which I find disturbing and unethical). Those who are leaving (most start and all play and contribute) are doing so to play for their coach who has been with them for 3 years. There are many talented kids on the Rebels who are staying and I am sure they will be fine. The truth is they will have a different look and the 7 Smithtown kids will go to the Turtles and have other teammates and be fine. Also the truth is the Rebels will no longer be practicing in Smithtown and have already had to change their location to an indoor space or a church because they were told they are not permitted on the Smithtown Town fields. I really wish people would stop bashing 9 year old kids and their lacrosse ability. Athletes in all sports move around every year especially in the club/travel world because it unfortunately has become a business where the teams make big money and the coaches get paid. Enough already about these two teams. Please allow them to finish the year without the BS and then all go and do what they feel is best for their kids. Those who have bashed the moms on the Rebels then come on here and act like 13 year old middle schoolers and post obnoxious comments about looks and appearance. You are the ones who should really be embarrassed. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way and next year wherever your child may be playing. Please remember they are 9 and they are playing a game..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starters or not does not mean a thing at this age. None of this matters really. The truth of the matter is the Rebels had and are still having a great year. The kids on the field are the ones doing the work (although the Rebels pay the coaches Bonus money based on the 9 year old's performance, which I find disturbing and unethical). Those who are leaving (most start and all play and contribute) are doing so to play for their coach who has been with them for 3 years. There are many talented kids on the Rebels who are staying and I am sure they will be fine. The truth is they will have a different look and the 7 Smithtown kids will go to the Turtles and have other teammates and be fine. Also the truth is the Rebels will no longer be practicing in Smithtown and have already had to change their location to an indoor space or a church because they were told they are not permitted on the Smithtown Town fields. I really wish people would stop bashing 9 year old kids and their lacrosse ability. Athletes in all sports move around every year especially in the club/travel world because it unfortunately has become a business where the teams make big money and the coaches get paid. Enough already about these two teams. Please allow them to finish the year without the BS and then all go and do what they feel is best for their kids. Those who have bashed the moms on the Rebels then come on here and act like 13 year old middle schoolers and post obnoxious comments about looks and appearance. You are the ones who should really be embarrassed. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way and next year wherever your child may be playing. Please remember they are 9 and they are playing a game..

Can you elaborate on coaches being paid bonus money? You saying they get paid based on the team's results? I hope you're wrong about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Sad but true none the less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate on coaches being paid bonus money? You saying they get paid based on the team's results? I hope you're wrong about that.

What is the bonus structure like? How was this established - was it during the initial practices in the Fall when the Coach said your tuition only covered practices and showing up to games, if you wanted to Win, you would need to pay him more. This changes the whole salary structure of Travel lacrosse. If you wanted your kid to play more, could you pay him for that too? Ideally, they could grab multiple revenue streams from you gullible parents: tuition, extra training, extra playing time, and extra wins. Everybody gets better and everyone wins. WOW - makes me want to move to Smithtown, where they treat their 9 year old Travel lacrosse Coaches like NBA Free Agents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know man, if this is true then it's a bit bothersome at this level. Maybe I'm a big softy but to promote "win first" at this age is wrong. I get that it's travel and not PAL, but they are 9. You are essentially incentivizing the coach to just ride the starters as long as possible and shut some kids out of the game completely for the sake of getting that coveted third grade W and a slightly higher paycheck. Sounds like under this system you'll have more parents paying for their kids to be on the practice squad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's extremely bothersome that this is happening w 9 year old children playing a sport. The organization and the coaches should be ashamed of themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Fake Newsd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Lacrosse club is having evaluations for the 2028 age group on two dates.
July 15, 2019 at 5pm at Port Washington PAL 325 Main St. Port Washington.
August 14, 2019 at 5pm at Port Washington PAL 325 Main St. Port Washington.

The program which would be in its first full year at this age group would include season from September through mid June. Fall practices and league winter training and speed and conditioning and spring practices with tournaments and friendly games scheduled throughout the year. Program cost is $1200.

More info please go to longislandlacrosse.club or email ssombrotto@icloud.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 7 leaving are all Smithtown starters.

How about the slender blond chick, is she leaving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Smithtown varsity coach wants to get paid for his resume, nothing comes on the cheap with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Smithtown varsity coach wants to get paid for his resume, nothing comes on the cheap with him.

Remind me again how many LICs and NY State Championships Mr. Bonus has won for his HS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good bye Rebels... so sad to see you go. Good luck battling the Outlaws next year in the consolation games. That is how you're going to roll...

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard