BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 28 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just found this Forum. Heard about it at a tournament last week. WOW!

My son plays for the Hawks he is 10 he turns 11 July 18. He is a starting midfielder and above average size. I also coach many of the Hawks in Football and Basketball at travel and AAU level. If you think the Hawks have big kids go to a Football or basketball game for a higher level team. Our kids are not big when you think of the elite athletes in our area. LI dads would not want to see some of those kids with a lacrosse stick in their hands big fast coordinated nasty and yes they are all the correct age.

Point is better athletes are playing lacrosse and the day of the little guy with the great stick dominating is over. Look at college. The best teams their best players are all former standout football and basket ball players. MD, Loyola, Yale, Penn. UVA, Ohio st,, Duke etc. Read the bios. The common denominator is big fast strong tough. Not LI or MD PA or NJ. At least the best players.

My 8 yr old is the same size as my 10 yr old so I can’t wait in two years to watch all the crazies scream at him and tell him he should be driving to the game etc.

Lacrosse has always been, and will continue to be the sport of the wealthy. It is an expensive sport, there is very little scholarship money and kids must still excel in school to play big time lax so academic money can equal or surpass athletic. That's all, end of story.

More accurately, travel/club sports are for the wealthy. Playing travel soccer is very pricey. Playing AAU hoops is very pricey. Playing travel baseball is very pricey. Volleyball, pricey. Cheerleading, pricey. Dance, probably the most pricey of them all. Lacrosse is no more expensive to play on the travel/club level than other sports. Cheerleaders are athletes too, ha.

Go on every single D1 roster and show me the poor kid from the inner city on the team. It's a rich kids sport, look at the best high school teams on Long Island and in Maryland. More than half the kids on top NCAA teams come from $60K a year prep schools. The rest are kids from towns like GC, New Canaan, Cold Spring Harbor and every other rich town on the eastern seaboard.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you LI parents might want to try soccer or baseball. You’d fit in with the whining, crying and not able to handle contact better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They actually might do better in those sports, because they didn't do so well today to say the least at Millon's Wonder what excuse we'll hear today? I'm sure they'll use the norm.....kids too old and might even throw in it was too hot.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts lost to eclipse??? Is eclipse any good? Thought laxachusetts was a team north of MD worth paying attention to, not so much this year I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the 91 team that played at the Millon tournament the top team for LI 91?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse played well, LXC not so much. Hit 4 pipes, missed the net a dozen times and was man down 2 to 1. Righted the ship today in the championship with an 8-4 win which wasn't that close. Good team Eclipse. Great goalie made a lot of great saves. On to Prime Time in 2 weeks and finish up with NLF Nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Nationals

Who’s is this tourney? If it’s the best of Li just give it to Sweetlax. The rest of these teams should go back to playing for their town team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Nationals

Who’s is this tourney? If it’s the best of Li just give it to Sweetlax. The rest of these teams should go back to playing for their town team

The dumb comments will never end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts lost to eclipse??? Is eclipse any good? Thought laxachusetts was a team north of MD worth paying attention to, not so much this year I guess

So is the new ranking Hawks 1, Tigers 2, BBL 3, eclipse 4, laxachussetes 5? Who is in rest of top 10? Lie haugen 6, Bethesda 7, diamondback 8, looneys 9 , prime time 10?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Tigers
Eclipse
Laxachussetts
BBL

After that you can mix and match

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 LI lost to HP Mohicans, 91 MD, Diamondbacks and beat Saltwater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

yikes.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, I'll take the bait. In this order:

1) Hawks
2) Tigers
3) LXC Black
4) BBL

Everyone else is a mixed bag through #10.

Hawks are number 1 until someone beats them (Last year, they were number 2 as Laxachusetts Black did beat them). They just won in MD and only tough game was BBL.
Tigers are number 2 as they beat Laxachusetts by 1 in a back and forth game at NLF. Tigers had many more man up and LXC couldn't bury them in first half when they had a 70/30 possession edge. Won a lower level tourney in NJ (Trilogy Rider Tourney).
Laxachusetts Black (LXC) has beaten everyone else (could easily be #2 and flip with Tigers). One loss to Tigers, then one goal loss to Eclipse (they should have won going away). They destroyed Eclipse (8-4) in the title game the next day. Beat up everyone in LI to win Lax Clash.
Don't know much about BBL other than they took the Hawks to the wire (lost 4-2). BBL will hopefully see LXC Black at Prime Time Summer Invitational CT in 2 weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hawks have far and away the most talent. multiple high level athletes coming in waves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hawks
2) Tigers
3) LXC Black
4) BBL

Hawks are number 1 until someone beats them (Last year, they were number 2 as Laxachusetts Black did beat them). They just won in MD and only tough game was BBL.
Tigers are number 2 as they beat Laxachusetts by 1 in a back and forth game at NLF. Tigers had many more man up and LXC couldn't bury them in first half when they had a 70/30 possession edge. Won a lower level tourney in NJ (Trilogy Rider Tourney).
Laxachusetts Black (LXC) has beaten everyone else (could easily be #2 and flip with Tigers). One loss to Tigers, then one goal loss to Eclipse (they should have won going away). They destroyed Eclipse (8-4) in the title game the next day. Beat up everyone in LI to win Lax Clash.
Don't know much about BBL other than they took the Hawks to the wire (lost 4-2). BBL will hopefully see LXC Black at Prime Time Summer Invitational CT in 2 weeks.

BBL is well coached, but they have played the Hawks 3x in the past two weeks and have lost 6-1, 8-2 and then 4-2. What it does show is that you can beat the Hawks are far from unbeatable and coaching matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn. Hawks parents trolling all over this page. Geez. Go do something with your lives!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

What's happening with that team? Giant steps backwards?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hawks
2) Tigers
3) LXC Black
4) BBL

BBL is well coached, but they have played the Hawks 3x in the past two weeks and have lost 6-1, 8-2 and then 4-2. What it does show is that you can beat the Hawks are far from unbeatable and coaching matters.

BBL dad here. If we couldn't beat the Hawks when holding them to 4 goals, then I don't know how we can. They were off offensively that game. Missing a good dozen shots high. If they hit third of them it's not a close game. they seemed to be playing tight in the closer game. They are a very good team, the best we have played our kids enjoy the challenge. Their goalie made a bunch of great saves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

What's happening with that team? Giant steps backwards?

Almost losing to Saltwater should be major cause for concern!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played them at Young Guns last year. Epic championship OT game. Well played by both. LXC came out on top. The Hawks are even better this year, I believe. That being said, I think our team athleticism matches up well with them. Sorry that we won't see them this year. Look forward to playing BBL and other at Prime Time in a few weeks. - LXC parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hawks have far and away the most talent. multiple high level athletes coming in waves.

how many players on the team were born before 10/1/07?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks start in middle school. 3-4 months do not make a difference. Genetics do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how many players on the team were born before 10/1/07?

Are you a team 91 LI dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hawks
2) Tigers
3) LXC Black
4) BBL

BBL dad here. If we couldn't beat the Hawks when holding them to 4 goals, then I don't know how we can. They were off offensively that game. Missing a good dozen shots high. If they hit third of them it's not a close game. they seemed to be playing tight in the closer game. They are a very good team, the best we have played our kids enjoy the challenge. Their goalie made a bunch of great saves.

How is bbl or eclipse in any conversation? they loose all the time and stop hating the hawks we are so good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hawks
2) Tigers
3) LXC Black
4) BBL

How is bbl or eclipse in any conversation? they loose all the time and stop hating the hawks we are so good

You're not a Hawks dad. Hawks Dads can spell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any good teams on LI - seriously because Saltwater which is a rec team almost beat 91LI - Diamondbacks which got smoked 18-0 by Hawks is beating LI teams and Bethesda is doing the same

Stop with the holdbacks because not one person on this LI thread has complained about Diamondbacks or Bethesda being bigger.

Face it you're little Jimmy's arent that good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any good teams on LI - seriously because Saltwater which is a rec team almost beat 91LI - Diamondbacks which got smoked 18-0 by Hawks is beating LI teams and Bethesda is doing the same

Stop with the holdbacks because not one person on this LI thread has complained about Diamondbacks or Bethesda being bigger.

Face it you're little Jimmy's arent that good

OUCH....that hurt, but is true,,,,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me and my 5th grade LI kid are not spending the summer driving up and down 95 to play travel lacrosse in the heat. He played plenty of good lax this past year. We're spending our summer weekends handing out with friends and family - at the beach, playing other sports in a relaxed setting, etc. We'll probably get serious about travel lacrosse in a few years. You and your kid will be burnt out then and then you'll hold him back so he can play against younger kids. We will probably never see you on the lax field as a result. But my little Jimmy is pretty good. He may not get a full ride to Hopkins but if he decides to focus on lax in a few years he will likely play college ball just like I did. It's a marathon not a sprint my friend. Anyone getting worked up about 5th grade travel lax teams doesn't understand that. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island parent weighing in... My kid is a good B team player. He could probably get lucky and make an A team, but for sure he's a role player and no stud and would 99.99% ride the pine on an elite team. He loves the game and loves his B team and teammates...

Just getting that out of the way and being up-front... I really have no skin in this argument as they say...

But an observation... Could travel AA (or AAA or AAAAAAA) be watered down on long island? I can't help but notice at B or "not so premiere A" tournaments. so many teams with talented players can could probably be on the super elites teams if they wanted to. There has to be 25+ teams that fit this criteria.

Do other areas have this too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me and my 5th grade LI kid are not spending the summer driving up and down 95 to play travel lacrosse in the heat. He played plenty of good lax this past year. We're spending our summer weekends handing out with friends and family - at the beach, playing other sports in a relaxed setting, etc. We'll probably get serious about travel lacrosse in a few years. You and your kid will be burnt out then and then you'll hold him back so he can play against younger kids. We will probably never see you on the lax field as a result. But my little Jimmy is pretty good. He may not get a full ride to Hopkins but if he decides to focus on lax in a few years he will likely play college ball just like I did. It's a marathon not a sprint my friend. Anyone getting worked up about 5th grade travel lax teams doesn't understand that. Good luck.

Sorry you were cut. Glad you aren’t going to give up and will eventually try again.
Cheers, have another beer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry you were cut. Glad you aren’t going to give up and will eventually try again.

Ha, that's good stuff. There are about 20 travel lax teams in LI and probably more in MD. If you want to play travel lax, someone will gladly take your $4k (plus travel). But you keeping yapping to your work buddies about how good your son's 5th grade travel lax team. I'm sure they find it fascinating when you talk about how some rec time named Seawater or Saltwater almost beat the mighty 5th graders from Team 91 LI. And enjoy your Friday nights and Sunday afternoons on 95. I'll catch you in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, that's good stuff. There are about 20 travel lax teams in LI and probably more in MD. If you want to play travel lax, someone will gladly take your $4k (plus travel). But you keeping yapping to your work buddies about how good your son's 5th grade travel lax team. I'm sure they find it fascinating when you talk about how some rec time named Seawater or Saltwater almost beat the mighty 5th graders from Team 91 LI. And enjoy your Friday nights and Sunday afternoons on 95. I'll catch you in a few years.

If Saltwater hangs with your team you should probably move to rec

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually have a real question, from what I seen so far the 2025 LI and Express teams are the leader of the pack, but isn't the case for 2026's. Why is that? Are the 2025's pulling kids from other areas the 2026's aren't, or are there too many clubs competing for the talent at 2026 level diluting the clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all in the coaching. You can’t have subpar coaching and expect to compete even if you have talented kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both have great coaching. It keeps them in the games. Neither have the athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all in the coaching. You can’t have subpar coaching and expect to compete even if you have talented kids on the team.

....says the cancer dad on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are paying 4K a year to play the level of lacrosse you all arent getting a good return on your investment. Seriously because rec teams like Saltwater and Diamondbacks are beating LI teams. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually have a real question, from what I seen so far the 2025 LI and Express teams are the leader of the pack, but isn't the case for 2026's. Why is that? Are the 2025's pulling kids from other areas the 2026's aren't, or are there too many clubs competing for the talent at 2026 level diluting the clubs?

I've heard there are going to be some interesting changes over there this coming year. Not sure if it's rumor or true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll bite what's the rumor?

Page 23 of 28 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard