Shady Side Academy (PA) 2020 Attack, Midfield Jack Naughton Commits to Holy Cross

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Shady Side Academy (PA) 2020 Attack, Midfield Jack Naughton of Duke's Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play division 1 lacrosse at Holy Cross.

High School: Shady Side Academy (Pittsburgh, PA)
Grad Year: 2020
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College Committed to: Holy Cross
Club Team: Duke's Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse Honors: Liberty National Elite 2019 All Star NXT Baltimore Summer Showcase 2018 All Star - Ranked 3rd best player at Big12 by Tom Peace - Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip 2018 All Star - Cascade Elite 80 2018 All-Star - Selected to Warrior Diamond National Team 2017, 2018 - 1st Line Varsity Midfielder Freshman and Sophomore year Maverick Showtime 2017 -Beast of the East Summer 2017 All Star - Shady Side Middle School Team Captain Spring 2016 - Shady Side Academy Spring 2016 Leading scorer on middle school lacrosse team. - 1 of 22 players selected to represent the Pittsburgh region for the 2016 Keystone Games held in York, PA on July 30 and 31
Academic Honors: Ted Leaman Prize for Mathematics 2018
Why did you choose Holy Cross? "Holy Cross has a great program with a great staff and team culture. The school itself is very prominent academically and I can’t wait to become part of the Holy Cross community!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I want to start out by thanking my parents, Karianne and Tom, for being the two most supportive people in my life. Without you, I would not be in the position that I am today. I would also like to thank my little brother, Eli, for being my best friend and keeping me grounded through this process. Secondly, to Coach Thompson, Coach McDougall, Coach Runnette, Coach Galey, and Coach Stu at Shady Side, thank you for believing in me and pushing me to the limits. I consider myself extremely lucky that I have been able to play under you as you guys are the best coaching staff anyone could ever ask for. You have all taught me very valuable lessons in life that I will cherish forever. I cannot thank you enough for that. Coach Christmas and Coach Ebe and the rest of my Duke’s family, you guys have shown me a whole new level of lacrosse and I cannot wait to watch my brothers grow and play. Thank you for welcoming in a Pittsburgh native into your family and I can now say that I have a home in Philly. Lastly to Coach Burke, Coach Lynch, Coach Farley and the rest of the the Holy Cross staff, thank you for this opportunity and making my dream come true. "
What other colleges did you consider? "Vassar College, St. Joe’s & the University of Hartford"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Jack Naughton on his commitment to Holy Cross. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below: