BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess so, they will be the B division champs cause they won't play in the A division and get smoked ! New team same BS

I'm telling you that the Green team will be A LOT better than you think.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess so, they will be the B division champs cause they won't play in the A division and get smoked ! New team same BS

How did they do at Spring Jam a few weeks ago?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did they do at Spring Jam a few weeks ago?

I'm sure they will use the excuse that their better players were on vacation! LOL They are a glorified B team !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In what way? Any new players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a whole new team with a few kids from last year. All Ward Melville kids and coaches!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t they lose to PW’s PAL. team at Spring Jam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a whole new team with a few kids from last year. All Ward Melville kids and coaches!

So it's not a whole new team. Kids from last year came back and you picked up some WM players. I'm guessing the WM players will take up the majority of the playing time. Hard to foresee any kid outside WM breaking into that group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So it's not a whole new team. Kids from last year came back and you picked up some WM players. I'm guessing the WM players will take up the majority of the playing time. Hard to foresee any kid outside WM breaking into that group.

I'll pass ! Without Correta that team will not be near as good as last year or previous years !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll pass ! Without Correta that team will not be near as good as last year or previous years !

Some not all, who returned from last year are happy they found a landing spot for their kid to play as a rising 9th grader. If your kid has intentions of playing beyond H.S., he should be either a part of a strong H.S. program and/or starting, playing substantial travel team minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Igloo A playing in the Forsberg tourney this weekend? Looks like town teams and C travel?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Igloo A playing in the Forsberg tourney this weekend? Looks like town teams and C travel?

Who won the Forsberg Tournament at this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo dominated it, not even close. They are looking very strong, expect them to compete with everyone this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo???? Please. Speaking of B teams what is United doing at NLF. I thought that was a tournament for A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo???? Please. Speaking of B teams what is United doing at NLF. I thought that was a tournament for A teams

Thats funny ! United still thinking they are a powerhouse 91 team. 15 good players and 20 average players does not equal an A team !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up until 11th grade a year makes a very big difference. Are you unaware of the biological transformation ones body goes through in the pubescent years or do you just choose to ignore it to make yourself believe that your son is really better and not just bigger and more developed at a certain point because he is older? Enjoy the advantage while it lasts. Goes from center on the hoop team in jr high to back up pg by the time he's a sr. History repeats itself over and over...

Not even close to accurate. One year makes a big difference all the way through college and beyond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats funny ! United still thinking they are a powerhouse 91 team. 15 good players and 20 average players does not equal an A team !

Just saw on Tourney Machine that United beat the Crabs, HHH and Laxachussetts. I know there is some guys on BOTC that hate United for some reason but even you have to admit that is very impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Empire? Took a embarrassing beating this weekend! Worst in the division, put up or shut up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Empire? Took a embarrassing beating this weekend! Worst in the division, put up or shut up!

Big daddy said it's a whole new team, with only a few return players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big daddy said it's a whole new team, with only a few return players.

CLEARLY showed they have NO business in these tournaments. They lost by a lot each and every game. Not fair to kids or parents who pay a lot to see a massacre !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched United play the Crabs this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. They are much better than the the guy who bashes them on here says they are. They have very good attack and Middie lines I would say they are too small on defense though and it showed. Overall a good game though !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like how these so called A teams play in these out of the way nobody tournes to make the kids and parents feel good. With great competition right here on the island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Benches cleared, dads rolling around on the ground yesterday at LI laxfest yesterday! North port vs East coast elite! all over trying to win a T-shirt!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Father’s Day!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Benches cleared, dads rolling around on the ground yesterday at LI laxfest yesterday! North port vs East coast elite! all over trying to win a T-shirt!

That must be some T-shirt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

man, i miss all the good stuff. all i saw was a little dust-up between madlax oregon and rebels, either 2022 or 2021. parents and kids yapping back and forth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels always causing problems - comes directly from management

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mom's with the wilting back tats disparaging each other ink... " I can eat more wings than you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mom's with the wilting back tats disparaging each other ink... " I can eat more wings than you"

It's a toss up between the worst LI parents: 9 1, and Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels/Outlaws seem to be the most belligerent. Not the best example to set for the kids .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

man, i miss all the good stuff. all i saw was a little dust-up between madlax oregon and rebels, either 2022 or 2021. parents and kids yapping back and forth.

insane

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's talk about something even more absurd- the Under Armour All American underclass Conny tryout results. Anyone see any conflicts there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's talk about something even more absurd- the Under Armour All American underclass Conny tryout results. Anyone see any conflicts there?

Its who you know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A year from now this class will be gearing up for recruiting. Tryouts this summer are more important now than ever. There is spot for everyone at he next level and the clubs can influence. But your son can’t be recruited from the bench. You have get game reps and be in the right situation to succeed. Why, for example, your son attends a prospect day and does well and likes the school. You inform the coach what events/tourneys you’ll be in and even send some film. The coach or asst comes over at a tourney that your sons team is in to watch for 10-15 minutes and your son doesn't touch the field. It can happen. That’s why tryouts are important. You should be asking what events are being slated, what is the recruitment support, what’s the roster size, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A year from now this class will be gearing up for recruiting. Tryouts this summer are more important now than ever. There is spot for everyone at he next level and the clubs can influence. But your son can’t be recruited from the bench. You have get game reps and be in the right situation to succeed. Why, for example, your son attends a prospect day and does well and likes the school. You inform the coach what events/tourneys you’ll be in and even send some film. The coach or asst comes over at a tourney that your sons team is in to watch for 10-15 minutes and your son doesn't touch the field. It can happen. That’s why tryouts are important. You should be asking what events are being slated, what is the recruitment support, what’s the roster size, etc.

It's great when someone comes on here and shares good information without bashing a team. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's great when someone comes on here and shares good information without bashing a team. Thanks.

You have to ask about the fall tourney schedule and roster size. All the fall events are scheduled and clubs can start researching the events and planning. Wouldn’t it be nice to go into a tryout knowing all the details. I would think it’s a selling point, think about the research you do when you purchase something.. Go on the clubs sites and find about their recruiting program? And this goes two ways, teams need full participation. Consider the commitment, if you can’t make it, it’s not fair to the team. Most kids will play D3 and D2, but need the team to help with recruiting. For example, you can be a stud goalie, but 2 out 5 poles don’t show up one weekend and the goalie and the team can get a bad look. No recruiter is going watch bad lacrosse for more than a few minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great information. Looking to leave our organization after three years of letdowns. Looking to find out what are some solid B/B+ teams with the rosters not set. Do not want to waste money on tryouts if their rosters are set! Any information would be appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great information. Looking to leave our organization after three years of letdowns. Looking to find out what are some solid B/B+ teams with the rosters not set. Do not want to waste money on tryouts if their rosters are set! Any information would be appreciated.

Here is the deal in my opinion. The B teams are the A teams of the 2nd tier or smaller clubs. 2nd teams in the grade at clubs sometimes do not get equal treatment. So do you go with an A team like Untied or True Blue or a 2nd team at another club. It’s all different. Again, do your research, ask questions, and talk to people about their experiences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question is, at this point in your son's career, is it worth jumping ship now?

Been with the 2 big clubs on LI. Both could care less about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th teams. B teams are the money makers. Nothing less. Find a good coach, if you have one now, stick with the club your with.

In B team lax, there is no greener side of the fence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question is, at this point in your son's career, is it worth jumping ship now?

Been with the 2 big clubs on LI. Both could care less about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th teams. B teams are the money makers. Nothing less. Find a good coach, if you have one now, stick with the club your with.

In B team lax, there is no greener side of the fence.

Another interesting point is that B team coaches have no pressure to win. If they do, great, and I am sure they try to win. But if they lose, oh well, just make sure everyone is happy. If i ran a business I would want the best product possible on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At his age it's time to sit down and think about we're your son is now and does he really have a future in lacrosse! Does he have the speed and skill to play at the college level, and does he even really want to still play or he's making you happy. If he's on a B team and he's not one of the top two or three players on the team that might be a good sign he's had enough!

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard