06/24/19 04:06 PM
06/24/19 04:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched a few games this weekend and saw BL take Mad Lax to over time but got beat in The finals , they had tuff road to go on Sunday Bethesda and BBL won both then mad Lax the older boys on the team just out played a tired team , so I think the World Series could be interesting both BBL and BL have a good shot at it . That WP team should pay attention to that Canada team they are pretty good and big

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287442
06/24/19 04:11 PM
06/24/19 04:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should check your rankings again (I think you were referencing the pre-season rankings). And as you have so eloquently stated in the past, you're only as good as your last game or two. To be more accurate, two of the top three won't be there and three of the top 6 won't. 4 of the top ten won't, and in the last three weeks those 4 have pretty much man handled 5 of the 6 that will be there. But have fun....we'll be watching and waiting for NLF.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287471
06/25/19 06:58 AM
06/25/19 06:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Last time I looked, neither Express nor Taz could hang with Madlax or Hawks (and they're supposed to be two of the three best teams on the Island). But at least they came to play. Can't say the same about the Pack. Looking forward to seeing "smoker mom" and overweight Sal and Tony cheering from the sidelines next weekend on ESPN.

What were the most recent scores of the Madlax vs Express and Madlax vs Taz games?

In final four of Millon 2024 event this past weekend 91 MD beat Hawks in a good game 7-4, Madlax beat Brotherly Love 10-1. In championship Madlax beat 91 MD 8-5, another good game. Adding #24 back in the mix makes Madlax incredibly difficult to beat. See you at UMASS in late July.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287474
06/25/19 07:27 AM
06/25/19 07:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last time I looked, neither Express nor Taz could hang with Madlax or Hawks (and they're supposed to be two of the three best teams on the Island). But at least they came to play. Can't say the same about the Pack. Looking forward to seeing "smoker mom" and overweight Sal and Tony cheering from the sidelines next weekend on ESPN.

What were the most recent scores of the Madlax vs Express and Madlax vs Taz games?

In final four of Millon 2024 event this past weekend 91 MD beat Hawks in a good game 7-4, Madlax beat Brotherly Love 10-1. In championship Madlax beat 91 MD 8-5, another good game. Adding #24 back in the mix makes Madlax incredibly difficult to beat. See you at UMASS in late July.

Brotherly Love took them to overtime day before. They just do not have the horses to beat a Madlax after 2 prior games in the heat. Small team compared to the others. Correct as well if 24 is back on this team I do not see them losing in big games.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287524
06/25/19 01:30 PM
06/25/19 01:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seen all these teams play the past couple of months. From MD to LI. No one is beating this Wolfpack team. You can trash me and I'm a MD guy. The teams in our area shoot it out against each other. Great games back and forth and the match-ups are great. But I have watched this Wolfpack dismantle teams over a whole game. You might get the jump on them at first, but they simply wear teams down. Their first lines across the board are ridiculously talented and there is very little drop off from there. Their secret in my view is they are very unselfish lacrosse players. I watched their attack make the extra pass when there didn't look like there was one there, The middies are work horses and the defense and goalie play very in tune with each other. Not a LI fan but this Lax team is legit. Bash all you want and that fine, but credit is due where its due.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287549
06/25/19 03:37 PM
06/25/19 03:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seen all these teams play the past couple of months. From MD to LI. No one is beating this Wolfpack team. You can trash me and I'm a MD guy. The teams in our area shoot it out against each other. Great games back and forth and the match-ups are great. But I have watched this Wolfpack dismantle teams over a whole game. You might get the jump on them at first, but they simply wear teams down. Their first lines across the board are ridiculously talented and there is very little drop off from there. Their secret in my view is they are very unselfish lacrosse players. I watched their attack make the extra pass when there didn't look like there was one there, The middies are work horses and the defense and goalie play very in tune with each other. Not a LI fan but this Lax team is legit. Bash all you want and that fine, but credit is due where its due.

I hear ya, and I can promise you I am not a Madlax parent. They (Madlax) haven't lost in a solid year and a half, and this year they picked up two offensive players that are significantly more impactful than #24 has been in the past. This team is much, much different than years past. They have 30 players and the competition they see in MD, DC and VA every weekend is definitely stronger than Express and Legacy.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287553
06/25/19 03:53 PM
06/25/19 03:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear ya, and I can promise you I am not a Madlax parent. They (Madlax) haven't lost in a solid year and a half, and this year they picked up two offensive players that are significantly more impactful than #24 has been in the past. This team is much, much different than years past. They have 30 players and the competition they see in MD, DC and VA every weekend is definitely stronger than Express and Legacy.

I am sorry but I don't see how on age teams can really consistently beat a team like Madlax. Size difference is just too much especially with 2 to 4 games on a Sunday to win the tournament and they are good lax players. I am not bashing holdback's either I get it, but it is just reality a year is a huge difference especially in a 13 or 14 year old. Testosterone the older kids going to be faster and stronger it is just reality. In high school evens out once everyone has hit puberty.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287563
06/25/19 07:13 PM
06/25/19 07:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax was already good and they picked up a bunch of new kids. They picked up two attack that are #19 good. Two mids that are #24 good. And they completely overhauled their defense. They are a completely different team than last year. Most of the kids that started last year are subs this year. I know WP is good too. Guess we will have to wait until NLF to see who is better.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287570
06/25/19 08:35 PM
06/25/19 08:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WP rarely plays Express and Legacy. Having said that, they played Express once this year, and beat them 7-1. Could have been far, far worse. Played Legacy this past weekend, and it looked like WP was playing a very bad B team. The score could have been 20 to nothing, had WP wanted to go that route. WP usually plays the 2023 AA bracket, since few 2024 teams can give them a game. That's where they spend most of their time.
Their only loss of the year, was to an AA 2023 team, which is a top top AA 2023 team. WP came within an inch of winning the game in OT. Played the Hawks, and again, it wasn't a competitive game at all. Madlax just squeaked by the Hawks by 2 goals. Pack plays Hawks, and it's not anything close to a game. All the evidence points to WP beating Madlax by a significant margin. They are on a whole different level this year.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287575
06/25/19 09:52 PM
06/25/19 09:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was not AA team .

WP rarely plays Express and Legacy. Having said that, they played Express once this year, and beat them 7-1. Could have been far, far worse. Played Legacy this past weekend, and it looked like WP was playing a very bad B team. The score could have been 20 to nothing, had WP wanted to go that route. WP usually plays the 2023 AA bracket, since few 2024 teams can give them a game. That's where they spend most of their time.
Their only loss of the year, was to an AA 2023 team, which is a top top AA 2023 team. WP came within an inch of winning the game in OT. Played the Hawks, and again, it wasn't a competitive game at all. Madlax just squeaked by the Hawks by 2 goals. Pack plays Hawks, and it's not anything close to a game. All the evidence points to WP beating Madlax by a significant margin. They are on a whole different level this year.

was not a double AA team they they lost to so stop with the garbage. As a team they play very well together . The best player is their face off kid and they have a good defense. Madlax will beat them . Physically the team is not dominant. Not one kid on attack can hang with those big boys, but they are great at moving the ball.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287577
06/25/19 10:09 PM
06/25/19 10:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax was already good and they picked up a bunch of new kids. They picked up two attack that are #19 good. Two mids that are #24 good. And they completely overhauled their defense. They are a completely different team than last year. Most of the kids that started last year are subs this year. I know WP is good too. Guess we will have to wait until NLF to see who is better.

How many holdbacks does Madlax have this year? 6? 10? 14? 18? 24? 30?

Pack has ZERO and crushes every team the Madlax has trouble with. Just ask a Hawk parent. Ask any Long Island parent.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287578
06/25/19 10:19 PM
06/25/19 10:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start thinking up the lame excuses of why the Pack ran the table this year, to include Madlax 2023’s in Amherst. Here are some suggestions:

the sun was in my eyes.
The refs were horrible.
The fields were bad.
My sunburn hurt.
We didn’t have enough holdbacks.
Our holdbacks aren't good lacrosse players.

Feel free to add your own.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287579
06/25/19 10:22 PM
06/25/19 10:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention the two 2023 DCDogs guest players that played on Madlax this weekend, in addition to the string bean 2023 kid. Yeah, 2023 guest players all the way around for Madlax.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287581
06/25/19 10:32 PM
06/25/19 10:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sorry but I don't see how on age teams can really consistently beat a team like Madlax. Size difference is just too much especially with 2 to 4 games on a Sunday to win the tournament and they are good lax players. I am not bashing holdback's either I get it, but it is just reality a year is a huge difference especially in a 13 or 14 year old. Testosterone the older kids going to be faster and stronger it is just reality. In high school evens out once everyone has hit puberty.

You would have a very different opinion if you witnessed the carnage when WP systematically dismembered the enormous hawks holdback team. It was one of the worst butt kickings I’ve seen in a very long time, and it was the championship game, so your little theory doesn’t hold any water. At all. In this case, skill beats size/age every time.

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287593
06/26/19 06:50 AM
06/26/19 06:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would have a very different opinion if you witnessed the carnage when WP systematically dismembered the enormous hawks holdback team. It was one of the worst butt kickings I’ve seen in a very long time, and it was the championship game, so your little theory doesn’t hold any water. At all. In this case, skill beats size/age every time.

Actually, WP parents may have a very different opinion if their team left the intentional safety of their LI tournaments bubble and played in the big MD and DE holdback tournaments. Every other LI team showed up at the MD and DE tournaments, but WP this year. Hopefully, the NLF will settle the argument. In my opinion, MadLax all star team just has way too much holdback talent — size, strength, speed and skills. It’s an unfair advantage due to their age, but that’s the regrettable future of lacrosse. After this year, age on lacrosse just becomes increasingly irrelevant and the holdback issue gets way worse heading into 8th grade. WP can stand proudly on principle and place itself on the high pedestal of age on lacrosse, and I’m all for it, but the pressure to win next year against a whole new group of even more 1 and 2 year reclassed kids may be too much to keep a 100% age on team.

Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47