BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 36 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
good to see Spallina taking care of this son and teammates at UA. When will UA learn??

Come on, you should have learned years ago when he only chose 9 1 kids. It's a total scam and colleges aren't looking at these kids. It's also funny when they make you pay for all the equipment the kids don't wear.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey and Bell did the same for all there Taft and Ridgefield guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons HS coach was involved in picking a highlight team and we learned the actual coaches of the team do not select the team That is a rule put in from UA I also thought the coaches hand picked their roster but apparently that' method has been taken out is a number scale from every evaluator So a coach can vote for their players but is one of 10 plus votes so it has to be a majority vote total.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good to see Spallina taking care of this son and teammates at UA. When will UA learn??

Coaches will always take care of their kids and cronnies. The difference with Spallinas selections is that they are good legitimate LAX players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons HS coach was involved in picking a highlight team and we learned the actual coaches of the team do not select the team That is a rule put in from UA I also thought the coaches hand picked their roster but apparently that' method has been taken out is a number scale from every evaluator So a coach can vote for their players but is one of 10 plus votes so it has to be a majority vote total.

Actually very good to know

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches will always take care of their kids and cronnies. The difference with Spallinas selections is that they are good legitimate LAX players.

Did both of the twins make it? If so then it’s total bs. One is good the other is mediocre at best. Can’t argue about the rest of his players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually very good to know

Good to know but kills my argument lols in all honesty most of his teams are darn good To be honest it is nice to know UA has a good system in place that protects the players as well as the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did both of the twins make it? If so then it’s total bs. One is good the other is mediocre at best. Can’t argue about the rest of his players.

No his 2022 and one 2023 made it and rightfully so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guarantee, all these people talking garbage about any particular club, are the ones running to their tryouts. Pick a team, Outlaws, Rebels, rebels, 91, Express, Turtles, Legacy, the list goes on and on and you will find parents on those teams who aren't satisfied. Entire teams become dissatisfied with the Parent Organization and go their own way. Look at the Mighty Ducks. Oh, we were treated like a red headed step child, blah, blah, blah. The point is, at the end they couldn't draw the kids in and why do you think? People will have something to say anywhere you go. I see it every year at tryouts, so many kids wearing different club helmets and we only take 2 to 3 of those kids. I bet all the people talking garbage, have no clue about what's going on within a particular club. it's only gossip. But sometimes it's very funny.

Why wouldn't parents bring their kids to other clubs tryouts? It would be notIntelligent to put all your eggs in 1 basket. Some reasons to shop other teams are and not limited to:

- Maybe your kid isn't good enough on current team to get playing time so why would you spend thousands to stay there and have them watch other kids play and practice? Find a team where they might get some playing time or even reps in practice for the $$$ parents are spending. Move from AA team to B or C so at least your 13 year old gets to develop. Your not going to get any better watching other kids play. You can watch pros on ESPN for free. If coaches think at 8th or 9th grade its too late to develop in lacrosse then they don't know anything about sports and those are not the coaches you want.
- Maybe you don't make your current club because new players come in better than your kid. If you don't go to other tryouts now you have no team to play on.
- Location. Maybe parents are tired of driving 45 minutes to practice and would like to find something closer.
- Promises not kept by current club. As we have seen above some clubs promise to do one thing and don't deliver. It's too expensive to hope that things will change at current club.
- Politics - If you are on a team full of coaches kids then those spots are closed. Also town associations. Many teams are full of kids from that town where coaches have a vested interested in developing them for High School. If your not from that town you are SOL even if you are good enough to play.
- Money - Move to another team and save enough money to take the family on a weekend getaway. Crazy that club lacrosse is so expensive that you can actually do that.

At the end of the day there are many reasons to look for or switch new teams and its not always because parents are jerks or crazy. And believe it or not most parents are realistic about their kids ability. Its usually because they are spending thousands of dollars and their kid is getting nothing out of it despite what was promised in tryouts. If you don't see any improvement in a 13 year old from the start of the season to the end then why stay? Your paying for a service which is to make kids better lacrosse players. Some parents like myself don't really care how many tournaments we win. I want to see my kid leaving practice and games with a smile on his face and throughout the year see my kid doing a new dodge or a better shot or better footwork on defense or some other kind of improvement.

If I don't like the food at one restaurant I decide not to go back there and spend my money elsewhere. Same thing with SOME lacrosse clubs it seems. They are serving bad food and then after a couple years consumers stop going there and they shut down. Don't blame it on the customers, its usually the food.

[/quote]
Very well stated.

If your kid is not getting playing time or the coaches don’t show up or cancel practice often, it’s time to look for another program, in the long run playing time and good coaching is much more important that

The frustration some parents demonstrate is astonishing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guarantee, all these people talking garbage about any particular club, are the ones running to their tryouts. Pick a team, Outlaws, Rebels, rebels, 91, Express, Turtles, Legacy, the list goes on and on and you will find parents on those teams who aren't satisfied. Entire teams become dissatisfied with the Parent Organization and go their own way. Look at the Mighty Ducks. Oh, we were treated like a red headed step child, blah, blah, blah. The point is, at the end they couldn't draw the kids in and why do you think? People will have something to say anywhere you go. I see it every year at tryouts, so many kids wearing different club helmets and we only take 2 to 3 of those kids. I bet all the people talking garbage, have no clue about what's going on within a particular club. it's only gossip. But sometimes it's very funny.

Why wouldn't parents bring their kids to other clubs tryouts? It would be notIntelligent to put all your eggs in 1 basket. Some reasons to shop other teams are and not limited to:

- Maybe your kid isn't good enough on current team to get playing time so why would you spend thousands to stay there and have them watch other kids play and practice? Find a team where they might get some playing time or even reps in practice for the $$$ parents are spending. Move from AA team to B or C so at least your 13 year old gets to develop. Your not going to get any better watching other kids play. You can watch pros on ESPN for free. If coaches think at 8th or 9th grade its too late to develop in lacrosse then they don't know anything about sports and those are not the coaches you want.
- Maybe you don't make your current club because new players come in better than your kid. If you don't go to other tryouts now you have no team to play on.
- Location. Maybe parents are tired of driving 45 minutes to practice and would like to find something closer.
- Promises not kept by current club. As we have seen above some clubs promise to do one thing and don't deliver. It's too expensive to hope that things will change at current club.
- Politics - If you are on a team full of coaches kids then those spots are closed. Also town associations. Many teams are full of kids from that town where coaches have a vested interested in developing them for High School. If your not from that town you are SOL even if you are good enough to play.
- Money - Move to another team and save enough money to take the family on a weekend getaway. Crazy that club lacrosse is so expensive that you can actually do that.

At the end of the day there are many reasons to look for or switch new teams and its not always because parents are jerks or crazy. And believe it or not most parents are realistic about their kids ability. Its usually because they are spending thousands of dollars and their kid is getting nothing out of it despite what was promised in tryouts. If you don't see any improvement in a 13 year old from the start of the season to the end then why stay? Your paying for a service which is to make kids better lacrosse players. Some parents like myself don't really care how many tournaments we win. I want to see my kid leaving practice and games with a smile on his face and throughout the year see my kid doing a new dodge or a better shot or better footwork on defense or some other kind of improvement.

If I don't like the food at one restaurant I decide not to go back there and spend my money elsewhere. Same thing with SOME lacrosse clubs it seems. They are serving bad food and then after a couple years consumers stop going there and they shut down. Don't blame it on the customers, its usually the food.

Very well stated.

If your kid is not getting playing time or the coaches don’t show up or cancel practice often, it’s time to look for another program, in the long run playing time and good coaching is much more important that

[/quote]
Called lacrosse psychos This should surprise no one

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well stated.

[/quote]

At this point if your kid doesn’t start they are the B string. If they are B string on current team they may very well be B string on another. Time to be honest about their skill level.. Every one of these organizations are looking to win games to keep their reputation up so they can continue to bring in $$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well stated.

At this point if your kid doesn’t start they are the B string. If they are B string on current team they may very well be B string on another. Time to be honest about their skill level.. Every one of these organizations are looking to win games to keep their reputation up so they can continue to bring in $$.
[/quote]

Pretty safe to say you never played sports growing up. I’m guessing anyone reading this site who actually played sports growing up can still remember a handful of kids who were the best in grade 8 and were washed up by 12 grade, replaced with kids who didn’t even play the sport in grade 8. Anyone who tells a kid they can't be any better at anything then they were in grade 8 knows nothing and should be banished to chess club forums - no lacrosse for you!

From inside lacrosse magazine-

TREND #1 - LATE BLOOMERS, FINDING THE NEXT "DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH"
Coaches focus on identifying players with a lot of potential, and then developing them once they get to college. A player's true athletic potential may not be apparent until junior or senior of high school. The best player in 8th grade is not going to be the best player in 10th grade, and he’s not going to be the best player by sophomore year of college. Every athlete will develop at a different speed. Dozens of factors such as skill development, coachability, strength and agility training (to name a few) make every player's growth trajectory different. Scores of successful college players were undersized and under-recruited during freshman and sophomore years of high school, only to blossom their junior and senior years.

Intangibles Matter
Once a player proves that he has the athleticism and skills to play at the D1 level, then the intangibles come into focus. Does the player like to compete every day? What is his work ethic like? Does he want to improve or is he complacent where he is now? It’s the intangibles that will make the difference over a player’s college career. Four years is a long time and there will be challenges every player will need to handle. Also, coaches want to know what the player is like in the huddle, in the locker room and off the field. Coaches seek out players with character and integrity, as they know that will serve their programs well in the long-term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A note to the clASSY Legacy Tornado 2023 father (blue shirt khaki shorts) yesterday at the championship game of Tri Star LaxClash game. Your disrespectful and unkind words regarding the team your son & his team just beat were unnecessary and did not go unnoticed. Yes, your sons team was the better one. They deserved to win. But when a game finishes 13-2 you needn’t say in ear shot of the opponents parents(who just watched their sons get plowed over and are still trying to show them the good in the game), the players siblings and players that are still getting off the field, that that was the WORST team your sons team has ever played. True sportsmanship is not kicking the integrity of a team while they are down. I’m sending an email to your Coach regarding this matter. Again, I’m not complaining about the game. It was rough to watch and I give accolades To the Legacy players. They’re very talented. But so are our boys. YOU are not a nice man and I hope this teaches you to please think before you speak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A note to the clASSY Legacy Tornado 2023 father (blue shirt khaki shorts) yesterday at the championship game of Tri Star LaxClash game. Your disrespectful and unkind words regarding the team your son & his team just beat were unnecessary and did not go unnoticed. Yes, your sons team was the better one. They deserved to win. But when a game finishes 13-2 you needn’t say in ear shot of the opponents parents(who just watched their sons get plowed over and are still trying to show them the good in the game), the players siblings and players that are still getting off the field, that that was the WORST team your sons team has ever played. True sportsmanship is not kicking the integrity of a team while they are down. I’m sending an email to your Coach regarding this matter. Again, I’m not complaining about the game. It was rough to watch and I give accolades To the Legacy players. They’re very talented. But so are our boys. YOU are not a nice man and I hope this teaches you to please think before you speak.

I hear you and agree. Wine gets better with age, but every season parents are becoming worst (behavior). It just doesn't make sense! There is NO way, anyone who has inner peace within him/herself will act out in a disrespectful manner in public, especially around kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 91 parent but happy to see them beat the Illinois team that seemed to have a sprinkling of 16 year olds to come play against 13 year olds. Good job 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 91 parent but happy to see them beat the Illinois team that seemed to have a sprinkling of 16 year olds to come play against 13 year olds. Good job 91.

Did you ask the 91 team about their 16 year old?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should've said to him that if his sons team was really that good, maybe they should've played up in the AA division. The guy is a typical laxer that lives and dies on his kids accomplishments because he never succeeded at anything (except succeeding at being a lost in life)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many 23s are still 13? I mean, it's summer after all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not many left in 2024.couldnt imagine 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not many left in 2024.couldnt imagine 2023

2023 were born in 05 so they should be 13/14. So probably half are still 13 and half are 14 considering we are half way through the year and your kid actually started school on time. If your kid is in 7th grade(2024) and is 14 then you should probably forget about travel lacrosse and spend the money on tutors. If you have those crazy parents that hold their kids back in school just for lacrosse then you are in trouble. At this age real talent plays up, not down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear you and agree. Wine gets better with age, but every season parents are becoming worst (behavior). It just doesn't make sense! There is NO way, anyone who has inner peace within him/herself will act out in a disrespectful manner in public, especially around kids.

Plenty of teams with those types of parents, especially when they become critical of the kids on their own team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90 1 brought in Warriors to play with their Spartan team. Guess the boom box playing before each games isn’t enough to hel them win. enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Pretty safe to say you never played sports growing up. I’m guessing anyone reading this site who actually played sports growing up can still remember a handful of kids who were the best in grade 8 and were washed up by 12 grade, replaced with kids who didn’t even play the sport in grade 8. Anyone who tells a kid they can't be any better at anything then they were in grade 8 knows nothing and should be banished to chess club forums - no lacrosse for you!

From inside lacrosse magazine-

Coaches focus on identifying players with a lot of potential, and then developing them once they get to college. A player's true athletic potential may not be apparent until junior or senior of high school. The best player in 8th grade is not going to be the best player in 10th grade, and he’s not going to be the best player by sophomore year of college. Every athlete will develop at a different speed. Dozens of factors such as skill development, coachability, strength and agility training (to name a few) make every player's growth trajectory different. Scores of successful college players were undersized and under-recruited during freshman and sophomore years of high school, only to blossom their junior and senior years.

Intangibles Matter
Once a player proves that he has the athleticism and skills to play at the D1 level, then the intangibles come into focus. Does the player like to compete every day? What is his work ethic like? Does he want to improve or is he complacent where he is now? It’s the intangibles that will make the difference over a player’s college career. Four years is a long time and there will be challenges every player will need to handle. Also, coaches want to know what the player is like in the huddle, in the locker room and off the field. Coaches seek out players with character and integrity, as they know that will serve their programs well in the long-term.
[/quote]

So keep moving teams till your kid blooms, that’s the answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intangibles Matter
[/quote]

So keep moving teams till your kid blooms, that’s the answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intangibles Matter

So keep moving teams till your kid blooms, that’s the answer.[/quote]

No, the answer is to spend $3000 and stay on a team that practices once a month, plays 3 tournaments with 12 kids(3 of which are coaches kids) getting playing time.

Seems like the lax parents are afraid the $20;000 they’ve spent on travel lacrosse since little Johnny was 5 is not going to be enough to keep little johnny in the starting lineup! If your that football or basketball kid who is bigger stronger and faster than my little Johnny please don’t switch to my team (even though we do have a great coach)!!!! Maybe I should hold little Johnny back 2 years.. Yes that’s the answer!!! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL re the Illinois team. That is the exact team they brought to the World Series last year who all qualified for the age restriction imposed there. All legit. Kicked LI EXPRESS butt fair and square. It was a romp. That team chooses from the entire state and there is no dilution between 6 teams like LI. The holdbacks may be yet to come as they now enter various private schools but this year there were none, including the beast middie #42. Team has gotten better every year. If you want to point the holdback finger, point it at Laxachusettes. (Long Island Dad).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL re the Illinois team. That is the exact team they brought to the World Series last year who all qualified for the age restriction imposed there. All legit. Kicked LI EXPRESS butt fair and square. It was a romp. That team chooses from the entire state and there is no dilution between 6 teams like LI. The holdbacks may be yet to come as they now enter various private schools but this year there were none, including the beast middie #42. Team has gotten better every year. If you want to point the holdback finger, point it at Laxachusettes. (Long Island Dad).

No it's not the same team. There are several new players. I spoke to an Express father during the game and he said that a few players left the team after last years WSYL run. I have no idea if he was just saying that but I told him that we added a few players after the same run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not the same team. There are several new players. I spoke to an Express father during the game and he said that a few players left the team after last years WSYL run. I have no idea if he was just saying that but I told him that we added a few players after the same run.

Who was their FOGO?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was their FOGO?

You forgot your kids name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was their FOGO?

He should have gotten the MVP of the tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is complete bs anyone who knows the 2023 age group knows that. TL Illinois brings in kids from all the other true teams that are on the national team but go in a tourney under True IL. You can tell by the differnt helmets and such. You will never see the same team at one tourney. And there whole team did not make the age cutoff at WSYL either. They tried to bring in hawks kids last year for Millon since the tourney was down there. The team is very good still but dont try and say there holdback free and have all IL kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a True National, That team was Illinois.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is complete bs anyone who knows the 2023 age group knows that. TL Illinois brings in kids from all the other true teams that are on the national team but go in a tourney under True IL. You can tell by the differnt helmets and such. You will never see the same team at one tourney. And there whole team did not make the age cutoff at WSYL either. They tried to bring in hawks kids last year for Millon since the tourney was down there. The team is very good still but dont try and say there holdback free and have all IL kids.

Who cares. The Bandits sent them home with a loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a True National, That team was Illinois.

With kids from Michigan and other neighboring states. It's a great team, lots of Sept ~ Dec 2004 birthdays and the best of the best from the "areas" that have been together for 6 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This coming from the team that was in a Brawl the game before. Hahahaha . Stay Classy Mammas Boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see if the Turtles came out of their shells this past weekend????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^Let me ask, what team does your kids play on, better yet, what H.S. team.^^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^Let me ask, what team does your kids play on, better yet, what H.S. team.^^^^^

Looks like someone struck a nerve. Face it Turtle dad the team isn’t what they sold it to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like someone struck a nerve. Face it Turtle dad the team isn’t what they sold it to be.

No skin in the game, but you are fixated (seeing prior posts) on what another club team in your eyes promoted. Why would you care? Seems like your kid got cut or you are trying to make room for little Johnny to get on the team. Your club must hate you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No skin in the game, but you are fixated (seeing prior posts) on what another club team in your eyes promoted. Why would you care? Seems like your kid got cut or you are trying to make room for little Johnny to get on the team. Your club must hate you.

He is fixated, how would he know what an organization sold and what people paid their money for. Little johnny most likely got cut, and dad had to stroke someone to get his kid on his present team.

Page 31 of 36 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard