BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with the number of large supply of players, do we really need a team every 2 yrs? Why not have a team per Birth Year or even grade?

A player born Fall of 97 playing against one born Summer of 99 is within the 'rules' but not equitable. Really up to parent ultimately, but rational parents can make irrational decisions.

Always been impressed that the Island teams play at 'age' and do not game the system as much as other wanna be up and coming areas. Not as familiar with MD youth lax but see it in CT and NJ a lot, especially when Jr is heading to private$.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you need to look at the individuals coming out of Long Island and not focus on the teams. Maryland has one true premier program. The top players from the Baltimore area all follow in Rabil's footsteps and play for the Crabs. Every other club, Green Turtles, Breakers, etc. are all "safety schools". On the other hand, Long Island's elite teams are dilluted and spread throughout six or seven programs with all of the clubs fighting for the best kids. I think if a combination of the Brine All-stars North & South teams played together for a while, you would have a similar Crabs-like product.

Interesting point. Dissecting your comment, there exists a team on LI that is a "crab like" product. They are called the Turtles. With reference to Brine, the north team consists of something like 15 turtles and two former.

So are you implying the Brine South team for LI is all weak players?

Seems like that is exactly what he is implying. Still...it stands to reason and to recollect that there was a certain turtle who wasn't even on the call back list who happened to appear over night like magic on the website and another who wasn't even select to the main "culled" field, who the some how made the call back and then the north list.

There weren't any others from any other team who might have surpassed these two individuals, yet somehow were excluded from the north team?

Interesting. food for thought. Provocative thought at that.

CORRECT. Like many have said in reference to this topic, who is the #1 retailer for BRINE lacrosse equipment in the good ole USA?

According to Brine's K-1 its Dicks Sporting Goods and Sports Authority

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So then we will see u at the national championship in Disney, last two winners long island teams on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't put words in my mouth please. I took Shakespeare all throughout college and I'm done with it. I never said I was not interested - merely that this discussion is straying away from OBLL AND I will read whatever I choose. That's all. I come on here to check out OBLL scores, which are pretty hard to find amidst all this other "stuff".

OMG! move this discussion to another area - enough about the crabs or MD, etc.

Can we keep this to OBLL games and scores please??????

Hmmm...the lady doth protest too much methinks...perhaps you'd care to enlighten us to anything of interest on OBLL?

Fact is; there was a great team in town. They challenged and beat everyone. That's a pretty good topic to chew on. LI is supposed to be the best...current writing on the wall of the future says "it ain't so!"

So yes, it's a hot topic. Don't read or chime in if your kids team wasn't involved, however, you may want to contemplate the current state of LI LAX compared to MD, PA VA, Conn. The talent has caught and surpassed many of our Local "powerhouse" programs.

You should be interested.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend's game schedules are out. Our team received their games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs U13 and U15 is a true U xx teams. All players are age appropriate for US Lacrosse. 2013 Spring Season, U15 born on or after September 1, 1997, U13 born on or after September 1, 1999.

This is also true for all of the NPYLL teams such as Breakers, Hawks, etc..
This subject is comical! It is our own fault that we end up playing these U-15 teams made up of all 8th GRADERS from Maryland! A september 1997 kid here is squarely in the 10th grade! There he is a freaking 8th grader! Yet we keep rolling our 12,13 and 14 year old 8th graders and wonder why we might not stack up! There is nothing wrong with LI lax, other than the club owners and tournament directors (usually the same people) insist on inviting these out of state clubs to our GRADE LEVEL tournaments! Who's fault is that? These Maryland clubs love it! They aren't even cheating thanks to the brain trust running the tournaments! Unfortunately it is gonna take a kid who is outweighed by 100 lbs to get really hurt for someone to give a sh*t!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs U13 and U15 is a true U xx teams. All players are age appropriate for US Lacrosse. 2013 Spring Season, U15 born on or after September 1, 1997, U13 born on or after September 1, 1999.

This is also true for all of the NPYLL teams such as Breakers, Hawks, etc..
This subject is comical! It is our own fault that we end up playing these U-15 teams made up of all 8th GRADERS from Maryland! A september 1997 kid here is squarely in the 10th grade! There he is a freaking 8th grader! Yet we keep rolling our 12,13 and 14 year old 8th graders and wonder why we might not stack up! There is nothing wrong with LI lax, other than the club owners and tournament directors (usually the same people) insist on inviting these out of state clubs to our GRADE LEVEL tournaments! Who's fault is that? These Maryland clubs love it! They aren't even cheating thanks to the brain trust running the tournaments! Unfortunately it is gonna take a kid who is outweighed by 100 lbs to get really hurt for someone to give a sh*t!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how old was the mvp of the d3 championship game last year? glass houses....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that have to o with youth lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at this schedule it appears many teams have two games? Is that true? Outlaws, Express, Team 91...all have either back to back games or spread out...it's our first year as parents in this league so we want to make sure.

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attention OBLL- It is going to be 60 degrees and sunny this weekend. Why on earth would you schedule games indoors ? Play the games outside like they should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I give up...how old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The score was 8-6 crabs. Great game but the refs made it closer then it should have been.
This is actually brilliant - in two successive posts, we have two posters claiming the score was either 7-5 or 8-6. Two people watching the same game and cannot agree on the final score. If not for the fact that it was a one goal game with an "open cage" goal on the end, chances are that there would have even been more of a discrepancy.

This is just one example as to why the results should be phoned into a central location and recorded. Not only to keep track of these individual games, but to allow the teams to build a proper portfolio of results for future tournaments and, dare we say it, rankings within their age groups.

Imagine if the teams were bracketed properly before the start of the season which would then allow schedules to be constructed at the start of a season for the whole season.

I am from Long Island, my son plays for a LI Club Team (he is younger than the 2017 and 2018 teams I have read about). I havent followed all of the Crabs games, scores, whether they are older or younger, bigger or smaller than our kids, whether the refs call it in their favor or ours. I am not even sure whether the Crabs sent one team or two but it appears to me that two things happened, the Crabs won every game or close to it that they played against LI and that perhaps some LI teams even ducked them? I hope I am wrong and no I am not a Crabs parent, I am just curious as I thought the best lacrosee was played on LI as a matter of fact I preached it to my friends in PA and FL. Please tell me that the Crabs didnt come to LI and beat all of our best teams?

A bunch of digruntled, angry parents living vicariously through their children! & BTW dont "preach" to your friends living elsewhere about the greatness of childrens lacrosse anywhere. You sound silly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attention OBLL- It is going to be 60 degrees and sunny this weekend. Why on earth would you schedule games indoors ? Play the games outside like they should be.

is there a field outside of the complex>?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is the link to your league? I cannot seem to find it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from LI, and no, the fact that a stacked Crabs team beat some so-called elite LI club teams does not mean LI lax is in any sort of trouble.

It is delusional to think these clubs represent anything other than the competitiveness of that particular club. Look at the turnover in those programs. Parents get fed up with the cost and the politics, and many families simply choose not to pay the ridiculous fees these clubs charge. By fourth and fifth grade most of the first-choice kids have already moved on.

And as stated elsewhere on these boards, the "eliteness" of these clubs continues to erode as more and more town teams form summer and year-round programs staffed with school district coaches (who are looking to cash-in on the summer fees). These programs are almost always cheaper, in many cases have just as good coaching, and the limited driving to and from practice is a major plus for the parents.

Congrats to the Crabs. Obviously, those willing to waste a whole weekend in bridge traffic driving to and from LI to play depleted local competition in the freezing cold, were smart enough to bring the kids needed to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont games at the sports hub cost more than an outside field? I would be pissed if I was playing indoors when it is just starting to warm up. Playing is playing but this weekend looks like the perfect weekend to get outside and play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont games at the sports hub cost more than an outside field? I would be pissed if I was playing indoors when it is just starting to warm up. Playing is playing but this weekend looks like the perfect weekend to get outside and play.

Yes the HUB fields have to be rented by the league. Even if they play full field the width of the field is alot shorter than regulation.

These facilities are fantastic for winter but it's SPRING lax season now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hub = $$ = Express = MC = OBLL

Repeat as needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just moving money around then. Why rent space for a league you run from a facility you own when you could be renting that to outsiders for additional fee (also noticed some express teams playing indoors, are they complaining)... only thing i can think of is that the Oyster Bay fields are all full? The Day long island lacrosse makes sense is the day we pull back the curtain and find the "Wizard"!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there so much discussion on how much $$$ is paid to a coach or a travel club??

If you don't want to pay....don't! Stop the incessant whining already. If it costs too much; get a better job or have your kid do something else and not spend your money.

It's nauseating already.

Most likely, yourn kid is NOT going to get a full ride to a D1 program. The odds are against it. Save your money for college and start worrying about his academics and less about his less than stellar lacrosse abilities.

If this does not apply to you; then please ignore, yet if the shoe fits; then consider alternative options other than worrying about high club/coach fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the disscusion was about the maryland kids who are older than there grade.,and the long island kids who would never do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just moving money around then. Why rent space for a league you run from a facility you own when you could be renting that to outsiders for additional fee (also noticed some express teams playing indoors, are they complaining)... only thing i can think of is that the Oyster Bay fields are all full? The Day long island lacrosse makes sense is the day we pull back the curtain and find the "Wizard"!

Oh, we know who believes he is the Wizard, but does he know that we know he thinks he is, and does he know that we think he isn't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orders are nobody can see the Great Oz! Not nobody, not nohow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orders are nobody can see the Great Oz! Not nobody, not nohow!

Unless of course you have a check in your hand...........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone have any thoughts on this week's schedule (Sat Apr 13) and multiple games per team? Is that schedule accurate? And if so, are multiple games common?

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is normal to play 2 games in a day in the OBLL. I for one like it..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone have any thoughts on this week's schedule (Sat Apr 13) and multiple games per team? Is that schedule accurate? And if so, are multiple games common?

Thanks.

Multiple games is very common in the OBLL. Some weeks you may not have any games too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team played at John Burns park today. Before us was a game with team Igloo. The team looked pretty wicked, they crushed an Express team, must have been 20-2 or something. Maybe they were different grades but regardless the Igloo team moved the ball as well as any young youth team I have seen. Someone told me it was their 3rd grade team, tough to believe the way they played that they were 3rd grade. Not trying to be controversial, just saying these young kids played some good lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are all in 3rd grade - just to clarify
grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're such a proud Igloo dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S

I'm a proud Igloo MOM and you must be pretty miserable-no need to be obnoxious. Those kids work their butts off EVERY single practice and game. Don't be such a hater

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not an Igloo parent; however, I know good skills when I see it. That team passed the ball like a fifth or sixth grade would.... I thought they played extremely well. There is nothing like seeing any team at that age with the lax IQ that those kids had. I just don't understand why parents come up here and trash other organizations for their hard work....

Igloo parents, be proud of your boys...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not an Igloo parent; however, I know good skills when I see it. That team passed the ball like a fifth or sixth grade would.... I thought they played extremely well. There is nothing like seeing any team at that age with the lax IQ that those kids had. I just don't understand why parents come up here and trash other organizations for their hard work....

Igloo parents, be proud of your boys...

Thank you for the nice words. My statement earlier about the boys all being in 3rd grade was in no way meant to be rude - I was only trying to make it clear to avoid any accusations made by the haters. Whoever made that comment must have nothing to be proud of at the moment.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's move on to other topics! Are there any results from this weekend??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's move on to other topics! Are there any results from this weekend??

indoor games when it's 60 degrees out? Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a simple question to ask the Board of OBLL, why would you have 7th and 8th graders inside at the Sports Hub and have the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Grades play a "TRUE" full field at Mitchell, FOD and BURNS. You should be ashamed of yourselves for doing this! Is it because the younger Express teams played on a full field? We all payed the same amount of money, but you put players that are twice the size of others on half of a field (width-wise). Don't tell me "luck of the draw". If you are going to run a league, invest your time and do it right. I won't argue that you are making money, unless you continue this shameful behavior. Do the right thing by the teams, do the right thing by the boys, do the right thing by the program. This was a 60 degree day and we are playing on a field that is "half" the width of the real field. Are you telling me that there was no "real" field available in all of the Town of Oyster Bay. Hmm? Once again, the board of OBLL should be ashamed. Simply put!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC has NO AFFILIATION with LI SPORTS HUB. Never did. Feel free to call THE HUB and speak to management to confirm.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard