BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on what Nostrants departure means for Mesa Club Teams?

TS will take over and drive it into the ground like he’s done everywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Malvern this year? They are barely scoring any goals, and from what I have seen they are losing way more than they are winning? I bet people are not happy about paying so much to go there for years just to stink when they finally make the Varsity team.

I'm not a Malvern person, but really? Didn't they lose 5-4 to Haverford School? I wouldn't say they stink, you obviously have an ax to grind with Malvern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Malvern this year? They are barely scoring any goals, and from what I have seen they are losing way more than they are winning? I bet people are not happy about paying so much to go there for years just to stink when they finally make the Varsity team.

I'm not a Malvern person, but really? Didn't they lose 5-4 to Haverford School? I wouldn't say they stink, you obviously have an ax to grind with Malvern.

I had the exact same reaction. Both not being an MP person and also thinking that a 1 goal loss to THS is a pretty solid performance by what has to be a team that doesn't' "stink".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to Delbarton, Seton Hall and St. Sebastian’s, I doubt anyone at Malvern is happy with those results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had the exact same reaction. Both not being an MP person and also thinking that a 1 goal loss to THS is a pretty solid performance by what has to be a team that doesn't' "stink".

Malvern is good but I think Haverford and EA are better. EA started season with guys on IR but those players are nowback and team is clicking. Haverford and EA play today - should be interesting.
Another Interac thought - does McKinney stay at GA if he goes 0-5 in league again?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Malvern is good but I think Haverford and EA are better. EA started season with guys on IR but those players are nowback and team is clicking. Haverford and EA play today - should be interesting.
Another Interac thought - does McKinney stay at GA if he goes 0-5 in league again?

For the record, Malvern went 16-5 for the season, beat EA twice, and just won their second straight InterAc conference title over Haverford. Props to Haverford in a really hard fought double OT final game that either team could have won. Impressive season and effort put in by both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record, Malvern went 16-5 for the season, beat EA twice, and just won their second straight InterAc conference title over Haverford. Props to Haverford in a really hard fought double OT final game that either team could have won. Impressive season and effort put in by both teams.

Agreed, MP is the best team in Philly this year and they have a ton of jrs and sophs returning...its not how you start, its how you finish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems so odd to me, that Sons 2020 has all kinds of great things happening, but that TD isn't publicizing any of it? The have a kid going Ivy for football (no small feat), a bunch of kids made UA and lots of great write ups! I can't imagine why no press is being given? I guess when it isn't his "son" it doesn't matter?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought we agreed to be nice . TD grew up, now you should too .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TD didn’t grow up, he is the same guy. He only ever cares about one kid. I do feel sorry for him, it has been a really rough year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Academy of the New Church? How are they fielding such a competitive team at such a small school? Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Academy of the New Church? How are they fielding such a competitive team at such a small school? Thoughts?

The recruit heavily

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody involved with the Brotherly Love Academy program? How is this different than the other teams at BL? or are they one in the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody involved with the Brotherly Love Academy program? How is this different than the other teams at BL? or are they one in the same?

It costs more. And as for the "or are they one in the same?" question that legitimately depends on the age group you're asking about. At this point I think that the 23-25 BLA teams are really similar rosters to the 23-25 BL teams. According to the BLA organizers you get regular training times with some really impressive coaches which is clearly a plus. According to parents I've spoken with at multiple age levels who were involved with BLA this year, those really impressive coaches are NOT regular coaches of the BLA teams at tournaments. The regular BL coaches end up coaching the BLA teams in tournaments.

So if you're looking for your son to get extra training it MAY be of value. But if you're expecting those coaches to actually be involved with your son when it counts (during actual gameplay), that more than likely won't happen. And before any BL/BLA loyalists try to say I'm lying I have been at multiple tournaments this summer of multiple ages that BLA teams were at and saw the regular BL coaches with those teams. That's just facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It costs more. And as for the "or are they one in the same?" question that legitimately depends on the age group you're asking about. At this point I think that the 23-25 BLA teams are really similar rosters to the 23-25 BL teams. According to the BLA organizers you get regular training times with some really impressive coaches which is clearly a plus. According to parents I've spoken with at multiple age levels who were involved with BLA this year, those really impressive coaches are NOT regular coaches of the BLA teams at tournaments. The regular BL coaches end up coaching the BLA teams in tournaments.

So if you're looking for your son to get extra training it MAY be of value. But if you're expecting those coaches to actually be involved with your son when it counts (during actual gameplay), that more than likely won't happen. And before any BL/BLA loyalists try to say I'm lying I have been at multiple tournaments this summer of multiple ages that BLA teams were at and saw the regular BL coaches with those teams. That's just facts.

I think this is a pretty fair description. For the 23s, the line between BLA and BL Zeus was pretty blurry - Academy kids were called in to play for Zeus.

Pros of the program:
- The training really is quite good. If I could list this 10 times, I would, because the training really is excellent.
- More swag
- More opportunities to practice at a high level with other good players
- Good starting point if you want to join a Brotherly Love team

Cons of the program:
- Advertised as not conflicting with regular club team practices and tournaments, but.....
- Tournaments attended were not "elite" but rather the same tournaments other local club teams attend. But if you are a fan of winning t-shirts, that's a pro not a con.
- Cost. It's expensive, especially if you can't make all the practices.

If the cost isn't an issue for you, I believe it is worth it for the training. But you have to be ok with the eventual schedule conflicts that will inevitably arise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is a pretty fair description. For the 23s, the line between BLA and BL Zeus was pretty blurry - Academy kids were called in to play for Zeus.

Pros of the program:
- The training really is quite good. If I could list this 10 times, I would, because the training really is excellent.
- More swag

Cons of the program:
- Advertised as not conflicting with regular club team practices and tournaments, but.....
- Tournaments attended were not "elite" but rather the same tournaments other local club teams attend. But if you are a fan of winning t-shirts, that's a pro not a con.

If the cost isn't an issue for you, I believe it is worth it for the training. But you have to be ok with the eventual schedule conflicts that will inevitably arise.

It’s the same as Dukes Nationals, Elite tournaments don’t exist that don’t conflict, so you’ll play basic tournaments with regular club teams. The coaches they advertise aren’t involved to the level you would expect for the money. Find a club that is competitive and play with them, unless you want to play for BL because this is basically a money making recruiting hammerhead for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pros of the program:
- More swag

Cons of the program:

It’s the same as Dukes Nationals, Elite tournaments don’t exist that don’t conflict, so you’ll play basic tournaments with regular club teams. The coaches they advertise aren’t involved to the level you would expect for the money. Find a club that is competitive and play with them, unless you want to play for BL because this is basically a money making recruiting hammerhead for them.

Big difference between Duke's Nationals and Academy is that Academy's training is real and it's great. Duke's Nationals gave up on good mini camps and training a long time ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pros of the program:
- More swag

Cons of the program:

Big difference between Duke's Nationals and Academy is that Academy's training is real and it's great. Duke's Nationals gave up on good mini camps and training a long time ago.

No difference, both trainings are good. You can find the same great training at clinics that are cheaper and you don’t have to pay into a National Team. Complete waste of time and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pros of the program:
- More swag

Cons of the program:

No difference, both trainings are good. You can find the same great training at clinics that are cheaper and you don’t have to pay into a National Team. Complete waste of time and money.

As someone who has done both programs, I couldn't disagree with your statement more. Academy's training has been fantastic. Duke's stopped having good positional training ages ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the beginning of the end to brotherly love? 2022 folds into Rising Sons and takes brotherly loves prized coaches Urso and Mueller with them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the beginning of the end to brotherly love? 2022 folds into Rising Sons and takes brotherly loves prized coaches Urso and Mueller with them?

I thought Brotherly Love didn't have a good enough turnout last year to make a 2022 high school team. I assume Urso's son went to Sons which would explain that move. Mueller seems to be coaching a lot of teams these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any information on Rising Sons or NXT for 2026?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not competitive

Does that really matter? For a rising 6th grader, shouldn't you be looking for the program that provides the best development for your son?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not competitive

Does that really matter? For a rising 6th grader, shouldn't you be looking for the program that provides the best development for your son?

If you are looking to continue to play more township level lacrosse with a massive expense sure. If you are looking to have them play with better players and at a higher level of competition no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not competitive

If you are looking to continue to play more township level lacrosse with a massive expense sure. If you are looking to have them play with better players and at a higher level of competition no.

Serious question - why does NXT get put down so much? They seem very professional with a lot of big name coaches and a great social media presence. Plus no daddy ball. I know some of the teams aren't great but they appear to have a pretty consistent roster year over year so clearly the families see value and I have to imagine the kids are getting good coaching and are improving. Why the hate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not competitive

Serious question - why does NXT get put down so much? They seem very professional with a lot of big name coaches and a great social media presence. Plus no daddy ball. I know some of the teams aren't great but they appear to have a pretty consistent roster year over year so clearly the families see value and I have to imagine the kids are getting good coaching and are improving. Why the hate?

NXT has highly credentialed coaching but the teams dont get respect because it seems like they're locked into so many of the NXT-run tournaments where the competition isn't very good (ie Meltdown, NXT Cup, PA Invitational, Blue Hen, MVP Towson, etc). No doubt NXT is a marketing machine but when there are no college copaches on the sidelines a lot of the better players leave for Mesa, HHH, RS, or Dukes hoping for more exposure. My $.02

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this comment. Relatively new to the club team scene and was hoping to get some honest opinions on clubs for this age group. Not much out there for newbies. What are the best clubs for this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this comment. Relatively new to the club team scene and was hoping to get some honest opinions on clubs for this age group. Not much out there for newbies. What are the best clubs for this age group?

Mesa and Freedom most competitive with good coaching in the area

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you even read through these comments? Every club gets put down here. Hurt feelings and different agendas all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching at NXT consists of DIII college players just out of college and/or some DIII coaches from local colleges. Their "AA" teams are really "A" level and "A" level are "B". They don't play in any tournaments with real competition -- from Philly, MD or Long Island. Don't believe the hype -- that is all it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair, their 2024 team is up there with BL for top team in Philly area and they played in the NLF this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair, their 2024 team is up there with BL for top team in Philly area and they played in the NLF this summer.

But the 24 team wasn't home grown. They were a gift from Sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was 4 years ago when the initial Sons break up happened. Holding onto all of those kids going into your 5th season seems pretty home grown to me. NXT is a very capable team with great coaching. Definitely in the mix for top team in Philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was 4 years ago when the initial Sons break up happened. Holding onto all of those kids going into your 5th season seems pretty home grown to me. NXT is a very capable team with great coaching. Definitely in the mix for top team in Philly.

1 good 2024 team ( now) but who knows what it will turn into... all the rest B+ or worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 2024 BL beat Freedom? Watched both teams play before and would not agree with that statement. Freedom not the same caliber.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa and Freedom most competitive with good coaching in the area

Is it possible to get a tryout for 2026 Tigers xxvi?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 2024 BL beat Freedom? Watched both teams play before and would not agree with that statement. Freedom not the same caliber.

Brotherly Love Academy beat Freedom in Maryland last November. Brotherly Love Zeus did not play Freedom at all this past season.

Not surprising that an all start team with players from multiple clubs can beat a regular club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure you can get a tryout...just be careful. Offense runs though a player who’s dad coaches there...that always ends well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe at the 24 level (and certainly helped by having one 24 dad who is a former D1 coach) but certainly not at any other level.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard