BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by FutureFlamesPop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you know? Who says that any team wants to humiliate anyone else? Are you parents at practice to hear such nonsense. I doubt it? Would any of you also stop the bench players that never get in from scoring a goal when they finally get a chance?

If I were coach and if the score were as lopsided as Sage stated; the scoring would be done with. Simple as that. No need to humiliate an opponent.

I will posit that stopping the scoring is just as humiliating. Everyone knows what's going on and it becomes a long and boring game of keep-away. An idea I like better is for the winning team to play with their non-dominant hand, switch up the offense and defense so they get a feel for the other position, and clear the bench. Any combination of those things.
Why not implement a mercy rule?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sure the coach is having no problem cashing the $6,000+ for coaching the team and sleeps fine every night.

That's the problem. I believed that athletics is supposed to be an extension of the classroom. Maybe true lacrosse coaches should coach; not some tenured teacher who was on the third line of JV!

I call CRAP, some very good coaches never played at a high level or at all. Good player does not mean good coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by FutureFlamesPop
How do you know? Who says that any team wants to humiliate anyone else? Are you parents at practice to hear such nonsense. I doubt it? Would any of you also stop the bench players that never get in from scoring a goal when they finally get a chance?

If I were coach and if the score were as lopsided as Sage stated; the scoring would be done with. Simple as that. No need to humiliate an opponent.

I will posit that stopping the scoring is just as humiliating. Everyone knows what's going on and it becomes a long and boring game of keep-away. An idea I like better is for the winning team to play with their non-dominant hand, switch up the offense and defense so they get a feel for the other position, and clear the bench. Any combination of those things.
Why not implement a mercy rule?
This drives me crazy, we have to put in a mercy rule to save coaches from themselves? A game against a lesser opponent where you know you can win by 20 should start off by only scoring lefty that would slow it down just a bit. then play your weaker kids and guess what winning by 10 isnt so bad. Lax coaches are the worst in running up scores always have been always will be. Its not tolerated or done as often in other HS sports.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Format of the Quotes Corrected
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a copiague varsity player and I apreciate the support as it has been a rough year. The copiague girls do not stop when they are down they wasnt to play. A few comments the program is in jeopardy with the school district but why do the boys teams have multiple coaches at the middle school and high school level but the girls get one coach. Copiague also does not have a youth league lacrosse program for the girls (it has been attempted).
As for the 30-0 desire by some teams, it starts with the parents. We recently played riverhead and lost 20-0 the last 5 minutes of the game a parent in the stands was yelling to the girls they should have 25 on the board.

I truly feel your pain. Title IX will not allow the district to disband the girls program. Call the district on it.

Situations like this make me respect the Northports, Bayshores and WM's of the world as they wouldn't play the lower ranked teams. It really stinks when the "runts" of the league decide to take out their frustration on a program such as Copiague. Tell the girls to keep the faith and continue to strive to achieve. Not every girl will play in college. But this should be an enjoyable experience despite the lack of wins. Wish your daughter good luck in her game this afternoon.

Respect and honoring the game is truly lacking here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not blame the coaches as the copiague varsity and JV coaches have played for very good college teams.The coaches are trying to do alot of work with little support. In copiague it is a variety of issues. No youth league lacrosse. Limited resources for coaches. Coaches send information to parents regarding camps and clinics and only 1 or 2 athletes attend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a copiague varsity player and I apreciate the support as it has been a rough year. The copiague girls do not stop when they are down they wasnt to play. A few comments the program is in jeopardy with the school district but why do the boys teams have multiple coaches at the middle school and high school level but the girls get one coach. Copiague also does not have a youth league lacrosse program for the girls (it has been attempted).
As for the 30-0 desire by some teams, it starts with the parents. We recently played riverhead and lost 20-0 the last 5 minutes of the game a parent in the stands was yelling to the girls they should have 25 on the board.

I truly feel your pain. I have witnessed your daughter's over the past two seasons. And despite getting the win; they play hard from horn to horn. What really gets me is: the "runts" of the league acting like bullies. Put up 30 on Northport or WM. Oh yeah; they won't play you! This is indeed disrespecting the game. Good luck to your daughter and her teammates.

HS lacrosse is to be enjoyed. Not to be used as a status symbol or fodder to be a braggart. Teams in the lower echelon who act as bullies will indeed get theirs. Leave the foolishness for the club circuit! Oh; I was at the US Lacrosse convention earlier this year. Did not see any representation of any of the "runts" of the league. At least the coaches should have attended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, start your weaker players and do other things to slow down scoring. mercy rule means weaker team will not get all players in the game. I hear parents say the reason they are scoring so much is college coaches wasnt to see stats (B.S.). As my daughters travel coach states in all his years coaching he has never had a college coach ask for stats and alot of his girls went on to some great colleges. coaches look for alot of different things and belive me humiliating a team or a player is a quality they do not look for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sure the coach is having no problem cashing the $6,000+ for coaching the team and sleeps fine every night.

That's the problem. I believed that athletics is supposed to be an extension of the classroom. Maybe true lacrosse coaches should coach; not some tenured teacher who was on the third line of JV!

I call CRAP, some very good coaches never played at a high level or at all. Good player does not mean good coach

Amen to that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, start your weaker players and do other things to slow down scoring. mercy rule means weaker team will not get all players in the game. I hear parents say the reason they are scoring so much is college coaches wasnt to see stats (B.S.). As my daughters travel coach states in all his years coaching he has never had a college coach ask for stats and alot of his girls went on to some great colleges. coaches look for alot of different things and belive me humiliating a team or a player is a quality they do not look for.

Hustle,heart and character are the things that gets the NLI signed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you forgot talent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you forgot talent

Talent gets you noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sage:

Guess no one is accepting the challenge. Longwood up 13-2 at half v Copiague.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sage:

Thanks for the in-game update. Eventually, one team in Suffolk will rise above the noise and do the right thing. Again, this is not about $6000.00 stipends nor wins-and-losses. This is about helping a community join the ranks of girls lacrosse programs.

If US Lacrosse on Long Island can help launch New [lacrosse] City lacrosse programs to help the game grow, wouldn't you think that Suffolk County's programs and Section XI in general would take up this challenge to do the right thing?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, April 10th Results

Lindenhurst over Floyd, 9-6
Mepham over Wheatley, 15-11
West Babylon over Half Hollow Hills, 16-14
South Side over Hewlett, 15-6
Locust Valley over Seaford, 12-9
Longwood over Copiague, 17-3
Ward Melville over Northport, 9-8
East Islip over Sachem East, 18-11
Clarke over New Hyde Park, 14-6
East Measdow over Carle Place, 16-12
North Babylon over Sachem North, 15-14
Floral Park over Bethpage, 12-8
Middle Country over Connetquot, 18-11
Bay Shore over West Islip, 9-5
Hicksville over Oceanside, 11-10, Overtime
Sacred Heart over St. John the Baptist, 14-13, Overtime

Highlights

Featured Match - Ward Melville 9, Northport 8: Ally Tilley broke a 7-7 tie with a goal with 6:10 left and then she scored what would prove to be the winning goal with 5:17 left to give Ward Melville (4-0) the win in Division I.

West Babylon 16, Half Hollow Hills 14: Freshman Samantha Geiserbach had five goals and three assists and her sister Jessica, a junior, had five goals and two assists to lead West Babylon (2-2) in Division I. Samantha Geiserbach's goal with four minutes left gave the Eagles a 15-13 lead.

Hicksville 11, Oceanside 10: Tied at 10 with 1:02 left in overtime, Courtney Locurcio scored unassisted and Hicksville (3-1) would hold on for the win in Conference II. Cassie Cesario scored with :56 left to tie the game and force overtime for Oceanside.

Sacred Heart 14, St. John the Baptist 13 (OT): Tied at 13 with :11 left in overtime, Kathleen Berkery scored unassisted to give Sacred Heart (2-0) the win in CHSAA. Berkery finished with two goals and two assists and junior Sarah Galzerano had a career-high nine goals. Morgan Jaycox scored a goal with 1:04 left to tie the game and force overtime for St. John the Baptist.

Copiague nets a season high three goals today. Goal scorers were Nicolette Vassauer, Christy Hoffman, and Samantha Perez.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Updated at 9:30pm
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I truly feel your pain. I have witnessed your daughter's over the past two seasons. And despite getting the win; they play hard from horn to horn. What really gets me is: the "runts" of the league acting like bullies. Put up 30 on Northport or WM. Oh yeah; they won't play you! This is indeed disrespecting the game. Good luck to your daughter and her teammates.

HS lacrosse is to be enjoyed. Not to be used as a status symbol or fodder to be a braggart. Teams in the lower echelon who act as bullies will indeed get theirs. Leave the foolishness for the club circuit! Oh; I was at the US Lacrosse convention earlier this year. Did not see any representation of any of the "runts" of the league. At least the coaches should have attended.

Seriously you take comments meant to support a weaker team and turn it into a rant about the runts of the league. Maybe those runts are running the score up because that is what they have learned from your precious WM teams that are too good to play the runts.IGNORANT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really?

You have such a tough schedule why say such things to make it harder. But go ahead, who else aint you losing to. Looks like it may be tough to get a win in April.

It will certainly determine who is better out of those two teams. Not sure what else it will show. Ward Melville already lost to Sayville and Northport aint losing to them this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously you take comments meant to support a weaker team and turn it into a rant about the runts of the league. Maybe those runts are running the score up because that is what they have learned from your precious WM teams that are too good to play the runts.IGNORANT

Calling someone ignorant is a feeble attempt to deflect from the fact. The lesser teams are using Copiague as an esteem booster. Many of these teams are one or two players away of being Copiague; so why act as you are a powerhouse? Especially if you are a less than .500 and are 0-fer in league play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sage:

Thanks for the in-game update. Eventually, one team in Suffolk will rise above the noise and do the right thing. Again, this is not about $6000.00 stipends nor wins-and-losses. This is about helping a community join the ranks of girls lacrosse programs.

If US Lacrosse on Long Island can help launch New [lacrosse] City lacrosse programs to help the game grow, wouldn't you think that Suffolk County's programs and Section XI in general would take up this challenge to do the right thing?

Longwood does get somewhat of a pass. As the coach gave his two collegiate bound players limited minutes and cleared his bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow...so now we give credit to teams NOY playing well...is this secretly an MSNBC left wing liberal blog in disguise???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling someone ignorant is a feeble attempt to deflect from the fact. The lesser teams are using Copiague as an esteem booster. Many of these teams are one or two players away of being Copiague; so why act as you are a powerhouse? Especially if you are a less than .500 and are 0-fer in league play.

Are you really this challenged. Your so called powerhouse teams run it up on teams every year yet you continue to have an attitude toward the struggling teams. You sound like someone who's kid is on one of these powerhouse teams but is definately a bench warmer so you get jealous because some kids who you consider lesser than yours get playing time.Many of these powerhouse teams are a couple players away from being middle of the road at best and ride on the backs of their one or two superstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really this challenged. Your so called powerhouse teams run it up on teams every year yet you continue to have an attitude toward the struggling teams. You sound like someone who's kid is on one of these powerhouse teams but is definately a bench warmer so you get jealous because some kids who you consider lesser than yours get playing time.Many of these powerhouse teams are a couple players away from being middle of the road at best and ride on the backs of their one or two superstars.

Hilarious! Not falling for that bait. You are the one who is literally challenged. I actually feel for the struggling teams. This isn't D1 football or basketball; where six figure checks are cut for cupcake games. There is always going to be large gap between the good and not so good teams. But to be a not so good team and beat up on Copiague is disgraceful. That's my point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport vs. Ward Melville, both teams played excellent yesterday. Melville dominated the first half running all over Northport. Good thing for them they did, Northport took advantage of early second half turnoers by Melville in their offensive end and dominated the half. Melville finally regroups with about eight minutes left. Both Goalies played great in the second half, the Northport goalie made some big stops, but the Melville goalie came up big as well. Stopping three point blank shots by 15 and 22 of Northport in a three minute span. Northport made great adjustments after the first half and almost came back to win. Both teams are very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't blame the Copiague MS, JV and varsity coaches or the A.D. The root cause for having a very week girls lacrosse program is the lack of a youth league plain and simple. They can't compete against other high schools that have a well run youth program, which also feeds the travel programs. Even with a youth program, if the majority of girls don't play travel, then it's hard to compete against the NP, WM, and Bayshore teams that have 12 plus girls who all have been playing since 1st or 2nd grade and also play travel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious! Not falling for that bait. You are the one who is literally challenged. I actually feel for the struggling teams. This isn't D1 football or basketball; where six figure checks are cut for cupcake games. There is always going to be large gap between the good and not so good teams. But to be a not so good team and beat up on Copiague is disgraceful. That's my point.

What your density will not let you understand is it's wrong when a team is clearly overmatched yet the better team runs the score up regardless of the strength of the better team.You clearly seem to think that it's more disgraceful when in your words a runt of the league runs the score up compared to one of your so called powerhouse teams.Get off your high horse and you may realize it's equally disgraceful.Your attitude calling teams runts of the league is the same attitude that makes these teams run the score up.That's my point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two big games yesterday, Melville over Northport and Bay Shore over West Islip. Bay Shore had West Islip 6-1 at half. Always a fun battle to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at lindy, 4 - 0 wow,, they beat some top teams, floyd, riverhead, brentwood, pat med, to bad they wont make the playoffs again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip overated, they will lose atleast 6 games, bayshore, northport, E islip, hauppauge, ward melville, sachem east,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so I had to see what all this talk about Copiague was about and I was quite surprised at how well they played, listening to the talk on this board you would think they were physically challenged. The Copiague goalie was awesome!!she let up 16 or 17 nut had as many amazing saves. Copiague is a few players short of changing peoples opinions. They need to play as a team number 12 is good but really needs to rely on team mates when there is a 3 on 1, 2 players are open. it was nice to actually hear parents that I believe were from Smithtown W. actually congratulate the (COP) goalie for a great game. Even the Smithtown coaches recognized her talent. This team has talent but they need to be a team. I wish tem well for the rest of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think West Islip is overrated, I think they have some good talent. They need to get out with a strong start so they can play WI lacrosse. East Islip is a very good team and I would not be surprised to see them take out Northport again and Ward Melville. The next week some things will shake out. Some great match ups next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem East??? No. Fluke last year, and easy to figure out.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, April 11th Results

Great Neck North edges Malverne/East Rockaway, 14-13
Wantagh over Port Washington, 16-6
Oceanside over Long Island Lutheran, 10-8
Garden City over Manhasset, 10-9, Overtime
Valley Stream District over West Hempstead, 13-8
Massapequa edges Plainedge, 11-10
Wheatley over Hempstead, 15-3
Cold Spring Harbor over North Shore, 11-8
Lynbrook over Plainview JFK, 13-7
Our Lady of Mercy over St. Dominic, 17-5
Carey over Sewanhaka, 16-11
Smithtown West over Copiague, 16-2

Highlights

Massapequa 11, Plainedge 10: Hayley Burke scored the game- winning goal with 5:30 left in the second half. Kristin Yevoli and Danielle Doherty both scored four goals for Massapequa (2-2) in Conference I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC over Manhasset 10-9 in OT. Great game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
GC over Manhasset 10-9 in OT. Great game.
Manhasset led 6-5 at the half and the game was knotted at eight heading to the overtime sessions.

Final Score : Garden City 10, Manhasset 9: Garden City (3-0) in Conference I.

Scoring Report
Garden City -- Haley O'Hanlon, 4 goals/1 assists; Tara DeAngelo, 3 goals/1 assists; Kerry Defliese, 1 goals; Lily Schmitt, 1 goals; Jackie Jahelka, 1 goals/1 assists; Krista Dampman, 1 assists.
Manhasset -- Julia Glynn, 2 goals/1 assists; Sarah Phillips, 2 goals; Lindsey Ronbeck, 2 goals/1 assists; Sarah Barcia, 1 goals; Maddy Molinari, 1 goals; Natalie Stefan, 1 goals/1 assists; Cara DePippo, 1 assists.

Goalies
Garden City -- Taylor Carpentier, 14 saves.
Manhasset -- Kelsey Quackenbush, 5 saves.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
NIKE/US Lacrosse Top 25 Girls Programs - April 9th Rankings

The top 25, with teams, record, point total (first-place votes) and next game noted:

1. McDonogh School (Md.), 11-0, 200 (8), April 9: St. Mary's
2. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.), 11-0, 192, April 10: at No. 3 Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
3. Georgetown Visitation (D.C.), 9-0, 182, April 10: No. 2 St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)
4. Manhasset (N.Y.), 3-0, 176, April 11: No. 7 Garden City (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.), 4-0, 161, April 9: at Massapequa (N.Y.)

6. Moorestown (N.J.), 4-0, 160, April 15: Northern Burlington (N.J.)
7. C.M. Wright (Md.), 5-0, 128, April 11: Fallston (Md.)
8. Farmingdale (N.Y.), 2-0, 122, April 9: at North Shore (N.Y.)
9. Bryn Mawr (Md.), 4-2, 119, April 9: No. 15 St. Paul's
10. Notre Dame Academy (Mass.), 3-0, 119, April 9: Norwell (Mass.)

11. Northport (N.Y.), 4-0, 116, April 10: at Ward Melville (N.Y.)
12. Maryvale Prep (Md.), 5-1, 104, April 9: Garrison Forest (Md.)
13. St. Paul's (Md.), 5-2, 97, April 9: at No. 10 Bryn Mawr (Md.)
14. St. Anthony's (N.Y.), 2-1, 83, April 15: Notre Dame Academy (Mass.)
15. Century (Md.), 5-1, 81, April 9: Walkersville (Md.)

16. Milton (Ga.), 8-3, 68, April 12: Kent Denver (Colo.)
17. Mount Hebron (Md.), 4-1, 68, April 9: Long Reach (Md.)
18. Chatham (N.J.), 2-1, 67, April 10: Glen Ridge (N.J.)
19. West Genesee (N.Y.), 3-0, 60, April 9: Fayetteville-Manlius (N.Y.)
20. Radnor (Pa.), 4-1, 54, April 9: at Upper Darby (Pa.)

21. Vero Beach (Fla.), 12-4, 44, April 11: at Benjamin (Fla.)
22. Garnet Valley (Pa.), 3-2, 42, April 9: Penncrest (Pa.)
23. Conestoga (Pa.), 4-0, 31, April 9: at No. 25 Springfield-Delco (Pa.)
24. Canandaigua Academy (N.Y.), 3-2, 28, April 13: No. 19 West Genesee (N.Y.)
25. Springfield-Delco (Pa.), 6-0, 28, April 9: No. 23 Conestoga (Pa.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 25, with teams, record, point total (first-place votes) and next game noted:

2. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.), 11-0, 192, April 10: at No. 3 Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
3. Georgetown Visitation (D.C.), 9-0, 182, April 10: No. 2 St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)

How many games do the Md. and Fla. teams play in a season? the Md teams already have 11 games complete and the Fla. team has played 16... could they play over 20 in a season?? if so that goes a long way in building a program and continued success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This list isn't worth the paper it's written on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two big games yesterday, Melville over Northport and Bay Shore over West Islip. Bay Shore had West Islip 6-1 at half. Always a fun battle to watch.

High school game results for today?? Did rain postpone a lot of games?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, April 12th Results

St. Anthony's over Bryn Mawr (Maryland), 5-3, in Maryland
Connetquot over Riverhead, 11-6
Babylon over Rocky Point, 18-13
Middle County over West Islip, 17-15, Overtime
Herricks over Roslyn, 15-8
Bay Shore over Commack, 15-2
Mount Sinai over Westhampton, 17-6
MacArthur over Bellmore JFK, 14-6

Highlights

St. Anthony's 5, Bryn Mawr (Md.) 3: After a scoreless first half, Maggie Bill broke a 2-2 deadlock and Charlotte Campbell made 14 saves to lead St. Anthony's (3-1) in non-league.

Middle Country 17, West Islip 15: Middle Country netted two in the overtime period for the win. Nikki Ortega (six goals, four assists) scored the game winner with :33.8 seconds remaining in overtime and Gabrielle Redding had two goals and four assists to lead Middle Country (4-1) in Division I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore starting to roll. Delcore and Arnold back, offense starting to fire on all cylinders. Cox and Harney getting it done. Big games this coming week against Middle Country, Northport and Wantagh.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Saturday, April 13th Results

Long Island Lutheran over Poly Prep, 19-12
Lindenhurst over Longwood, 13-4 (10-1 Halftime)
Smithtown East over Brentwood, 18-3
Harborfields over Bellport, 19-6
Kings Park over Deer Park, 11-9
Northport over Floyd, 24-4 (14-0 Halftime)

Highlights

Smithtown East outscored Brentwood 12-0 in the second half after going to the break with the score at 6-3.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard