BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 37 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Looneys playing in the Naptown Challenge?

Nope. Season is over after the MM "2023 Championship" the weekend after next.

A good number of the Looneys kids play for True or Dukes "National" teams that will be competing at Naptown.

True National does not have a team at Naptown unless they are playing as TBA

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has a tough line up this weekend

😂😂😂 ^^^ instead of crab feast, the “elite” looneys is playing in PA

Hey don’t knock it. Another elite team will be there in PA - 91 Maryland. This will crown the true elite champ.

Crabs owner won't let any 91 teams and most Looneys teams in crabfeast regardless of whether they are "elite". He makes exception for Looneys 2020 since they are good enough to bring in college coaches based on their presence. I bet you're the same poster that knocks these teams for playing in Hoco elite.

Looneys 2023 played at Crabfeast last year.

They played Young Guns. He takes any AA or A team in that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has a tough line up this weekend

😂😂😂 ^^^ instead of crab feast, the “elite” looneys is playing in PA

Hey don’t knock it. Another elite team will be there in PA - 91 Maryland. This will crown the true elite champ.

Crabs owner won't let any 91 teams and most Looneys teams in crabfeast regardless of whether they are "elite". He makes exception for Looneys 2020 since they are good enough to bring in college coaches based on their presence. I bet you're the same poster that knocks these teams for playing in Hoco elite.

Looneys 2023 played at Crabfeast last year.

They played Young Guns. He takes any AA or A team in that

After reading the posts on this forum it is very clear who is writing them: Beside the obvious ridicule about the weight of the Crabs coach, no one has posted anything about their loss in the tournament 2 weeks ago! Somehow Looneys who is no competition for the Crabs is being bashed for not being an Elite team or being invite to play in a tournament this weekend. As far as I know, they do not claim to be number one. The line up for Crab Feast however is hardly what I call an elite group of Club Teams. It will come down to Crabs or Hawks.
This brings me to my point...the So called Elite, number 1, best club team around added two kids from Hawks and two kids from IMG to their roster for their first tournament..,, and LOST!!!! This is nowhere to be found on this forum! Hmmmm! How do you lose with that roster, how do you lose?!
“Crabs may not be for everyone, but it might be perfect for you if....
You don’t mind sitting the bench during summer tournaments, while ringers are brought in to take your spot and you still lose!
You are told you are the number one team but in reality stats show you are 7 or maybe 9 now with your previous loss!
You are ok when the lacrosse community laughs at you because you added al of those kids to your roster and you still LOST!!! Yet walk around as if you are number one!
If you are ok with not being able to play with other teams but other kids can
If you confuse loyalty and commitment to Crabs with conformity to their way or no way
When you compromise your integrity for youth sports
Crabs may be perfect for you! Good luck this weekend... you won’t need it, you have no competition!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why should anyone play in crabfeast when you are simply supporting a competitive club organisation. Your dues cover the expenses of a team you are trying to beat. A club that most people hate.

As mentioned above Crabs makes decisions on who gets in based on his own agenda. The Looneys coach prefers to play local. If they were welcome in crab tournament they would likely be there. They played in NAL and will be in Millon, both with high level comp. You never know who might be in a tournament when you sign up 7-8 months in advance. Last year some pretty good philly teams were in Meltdown - Brotherly Love and Freedom. What's your agenda other than to bash?

The Millon tournament also has Saltwater and PLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After reading the posts on this forum it is very clear who is writing them: Beside the obvious ridicule about the weight of the Crabs coach, no one has posted anything about their loss in the tournament 2 weeks ago! Somehow Looneys who is no competition for the Crabs is being bashed for not being an Elite team or being invite to play in a tournament this weekend. As far as I know, they do not claim to be number one. The line up for Crab Feast however is hardly what I call an elite group of Club Teams. It will come down to Crabs or Hawks.
This brings me to my point...the So called Elite, number 1, best club team around added two kids from Hawks and two kids from IMG to their roster for their first tournament..,, and LOST!!!! This is nowhere to be found on this forum! Hmmmm! How do you lose with that roster, how do you lose?!
You don’t mind sitting the bench during summer tournaments, while ringers are brought in to take your spot and you still lose!
You are told you are the number one team but in reality stats show you are 7 or maybe 9 now with your previous loss!
You are ok when the lacrosse community laughs at you because you added al of those kids to your roster and you still LOST!!! Yet walk around as if you are number one!
If you confuse loyalty and commitment to Crabs with conformity to their way or no way
Crabs may be perfect for you! Good luck this weekend... you won’t need it, you have no competition!

[/quote]
I am not a Crab dad but you comment lacks credibility when you claim no competition at Crab Feast. Other than NLF championship this is the best of the summer. Edge, LE (beat Hawks), Freedom, BL, 4H (beat Crabs), 3dNE, Mesa could all play HOCO Elite and add Hawks and FCA and West coast teams always surprise. This event is the best one this weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Crab dad but you comment lacks credibility when you claim no competition at Crab Feast. Other than NLF championship this is the best of the summer. Edge, LE (beat Hawks), Freedom, BL, 4H (beat Crabs), 3dNE, Mesa could all play HOCO Elite and add Hawks and FCA and West coast teams always surprise. This event is the best one this weekend.[/quote]

It’s an anonymous forum; every post lacks credibility!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of a crazy comment because so many club organizations are also Tournament organizations. Hogan/Hawks, Millon/91, Aloha/Breakers, Crabs/Crabfest... Last week Hogan had probably their biggest tournament and Hawks 2023 played in NAL instead of Summer Exposure I guess for better competition. You play where the competition is and where you want to be geographically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Crab dad but you comment lacks credibility when you claim no competition at Crab Feast. Other than NLF championship this is the best of the summer. Edge, LE (beat Hawks), Freedom, BL, 4H (beat Crabs), 3dNE, Mesa could all play HOCO Elite and add Hawks and FCA and West coast teams always surprise. This event is the best one this weekend.

[/quote]

Amen. This forum is a lesson is what's wrong with youth sports today and club lacrosse in particular. A bunch of annonomous "adults" arguing over who have the "best" team, who has the most holdbacks, who have the best/worst coach, etc... like it any of it matters. The only things that matter in this regard are 1)is your son having fun playing lacrosse 2)is he getting better 3)are you happy with the team he's on and the way the team is managed. There are players on every team that can answer "yes" to all 3 and others who can't. Find the right fit and play ball and forget about the adults who are trying to relive the glory days of their youth (and it was probably not all that glorious to begin with)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. This forum is a lesson is what's wrong with youth sports today and club lacrosse in particular. A bunch of annonomous "adults" arguing over who have the "best" team, who has the most holdbacks, who have the best/worst coach, etc... like it any of it matters. The only things that matter in this regard are 1)is your son having fun playing lacrosse 2)is he getting better 3)are you happy with the team he's on and the way the team is managed. There are players on every team that can answer "yes" to all 3 and others who can't. Find the right fit and play ball and forget about the adults who are trying to relive the glory days of their youth (and it was probably not all that glorious to begin with)[/quote]

So why are you on here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen. This forum is a lesson is what's wrong with youth sports today and club lacrosse in particular. A bunch of annonomous "adults" arguing over who have the "best" team, who has the most holdbacks, who have the best/worst coach, etc... like it any of it matters. The only things that matter in this regard are 1)is your son having fun playing lacrosse 2)is he getting better 3)are you happy with the team he's on and the way the team is managed. There are players on every team that can answer "yes" to all 3 and others who can't. Find the right fit and play ball and forget about the adults who are trying to relive the glory days of their youth (and it was probably not all that glorious to begin with)[/quote]

Could not be more on point with that post...unfortunately, the madness will continue. Too many folks think that their two cents about another club's players, schedule, win/losses is so important. As you said, worry about you own kid and enjoy watching them play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Could not be more on point with that post...unfortunately, the madness will continue. Too many folks think that their two cents about another club's players, schedule, win/losses is so important. As you said, worry about you own kid and enjoy watching them play."

Where is the fun in that? Without the trash talking, this site would have zero posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

It is quite funny how the Crabs being held with all that offensive power to three goals was not mentioned here, or the fact they were best by 5 in that game against a young LI team. Strange how that works. Take all the top Maryland players from our team nad others and get out coached and out played in a championship game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is quite funny how the Crabs being held with all that offensive power to three goals was not mentioned here, or the fact they were best by 5 in that game against a young LI team. Strange how that works. Take all the top Maryland players from our team nad others and get out coached and out played in a championship game [/quote]

Which teams did they take top talent from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the Hawks would want to play for Crabs... here’s some food for thought apparently some of the Hawks kids were on this forum the past few days and find it pretty funny/pathetic how the adults are so immature. And I quote “their kids need to teach dad about responsible social media”

Hahaha!!!! Two hawks players are playing with them now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, Hawks attackman #9 and defensemen #11 could beat out the kids on crabs

Are these the two that are jumping ship. Sounds like the hawks will look very different next year.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look the crabs are on a whole other level, they’re not elite they’re above that. The hawks played a great game. They’re just not at the crabs level. From top to bottom the crabs have the best players. Their weakest link is there goalie play. The crabs came out slow and brought the boom in the second half. I would hate to see what they’re capable of if they played 100% from beginning to end. The Hawks might not even beat FCA!!!

Not a single kid from the Hawks would even make the Crabs team. Crabs!!!

You can add DC Dogs to this now. Crabs and DC Dogs are on top. Hawks will not win a tourney this year![/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing time? My son plays on one of the top DC area teams. He comes off the bench. Playing time has been reduced - now he basically he gets one run a quarter which can be really short depending on flow of game. He’s frustrated and unhappy. Curious as to how much nonstarters play on other clubs. Worth switching teams or likely to be worse? Better to move to a weaker club where he’s a “go-to” player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing time? My son plays for a top DC area team. He comes off the bench. His playing time has been significantly reduced. He basically gets one run a quarter which can be really short depending on the flow of the game. He’s frustrated and unhappy. Curious as to how much time other clubs give to non-starters. Worth switching teams? Better to move to a lower caliber team where he’s a “go-to” player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing time? My son plays for a top DC area team. He comes off the bench. His playing time has been significantly reduced. He basically gets one run a quarter which can be really short depending on the flow of the game. He’s frustrated and unhappy. Curious as to how much time other clubs give to non-starters. Worth switching teams? Better to move to a lower caliber team where he’s a “go-to” player?

I would ask your son rather than pay any attention to a post here. Does your son enjoy the team? Maybe he get's reps at practice. Is he getting better? Does he have HS ties to the team? Is there a team he may like better? At a minimum I would be attending multiple try outs in August. However to answer your question, most teams do play a wider number of players later in HS. This is especially true for the top teams that get double digit college recruits. In HS a parent should not complain about playing time it is earned. However club is a different story. Speak with the coach. If later on a college is interested in your son and attending a tournament, be sure to let the coaches know. He should get more run in that game. If you do not get good answers from the coach leave and pick a different team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s really tough to say. Unfortunately some of these teams Know that kids that they pick up won’t play but parents are willing to spend the money for the prestige of being on these top teams. You have to be very careful and honest with yourself and your son about his skill level. These teams love their cash cows. Then you add the fact that politics come into play and parent influences.

The crabs do a great job of developing their players. Once you reach middle school they prepare you for high school ball. They practice a ton and develop you. When it comes to playing time they give your kid every opportunity to prove yourself if you don’t then you don’t play.The big crab has no pity for anybody but you will get your opportunities. And the closer you get to eighth grade if you are not locked into one of the local high schools then you can kiss yourself goodbye.

The Hawks do a really good job of evaluating players in there tryouts. If you make the hawks you know you were one of the best players on the field. Cash cows are a rarity on their first teams. Unless of course players decline offers and they go down the list. But once Hogan releases you to your teams it’s a crapshoot. I hear that team has tons of outside influences primarily the parents. The parents have made that team toxic and you will see it next year most of those players will be off to other teams.

DC dogs. As you already know all they care about is winning. That coach has something to prove and he would do anything and everything to prove it. And unfortunately his practices really do not allow you to develop because he is to focus on the winning and preparing his top lines. Too much to prove.

Hope this helps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. This forum is a lesson is what's wrong with youth sports today and club lacrosse in particular. A bunch of annonomous "adults" arguing over who have the "best" team, who has the most holdbacks, who have the best/worst coach, etc... like it any of it matters. The only things that matter in this regard are 1)is your son having fun playing lacrosse 2)is he getting better 3)are you happy with the team he's on and the way the team is managed. There are players on every team that can answer "yes" to all 3 and others who can't. Find the right fit and play ball and forget about the adults who are trying to relive the glory days of their youth (and it was probably not all that glorious to begin with)

So why are you on here? [/quote]

I can answer that.

What is really interesting to parents with older High School players is the lack of chatter as they get older. I miss the good ole days of 8th grade lacrosse when I had to be on top team . Notice how I said I !!

Look at the 10th. 11th grade threads...Complete Boredom ! Even 9th grade is limited ... I come here for my dose of humor as I watch who is better, what club is terrible/best . Frankly every year it is almost the same enlightening chatter in the 6-8th grade threads. Well done this year I must say !

My days of living thru my younger boys and their friends are over , now my last one is his own person, and him and his HS teammates now laugh about the stunads we parents were just a couple years ago. So my advice is enjoy this total delusional point about who is best/worst/holdbacks/etc/etc and all the other glorious things to argue about....... It wont last long and will be completely gone by beginning of 10th grade.

But luckily for all of us with older players, every year there is a new group coming in to entertain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, Hawks, Dogs are all the same. Accumulate talent...zero development...then charge high fees.
You have never been to one of these teams' practices. They are laughable from day one to day 100.
The most important thing at:
Crabs- take the best players from other clubs after they repeat, charge different amounts for different kids- some pay $500 while others $2000. Less than 50% of their starters were on the team in 6th grade.
Hawks- Your last name and private school are most important, they have cut the core of this team over the last two years
Dogs- Come' on, they are the most honest organization. The backup goalie doesn't even put a helmet on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why are you on here?

I can answer that.

What is really interesting to parents with older High School players is the lack of chatter as they get older. I miss the good ole days of 8th grade lacrosse when I had to be on top team . Notice how I said I !!

Look at the 10th. 11th grade threads...Complete Boredom ! Even 9th grade is limited ... I come here for my dose of humor as I watch who is better, what club is terrible/best . Frankly every year it is almost the same enlightening chatter in the 6-8th grade threads. Well done this year I must say !

My days of living thru my younger boys and their friends are over , now my last one is his own person, and him and his HS teammates now laugh about the stunads we parents were just a couple years ago. So my advice is enjoy this total delusional point about who is best/worst/holdbacks/etc/etc and all the other glorious things to argue about....... It wont last long and will be completely gone by beginning of 10th grade.

But luckily for all of us with older players, every year there is a new group coming in to entertain.

[/quote]

Are you the guy in the white van with tinted windows handing out candy at HoCo games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is quite funny how the Crabs being held with all that offensive power to three goals was not mentioned here, or the fact they were best by 5 in that game against a young LI team. Strange how that works. Take all the top Maryland players from our team nad others and get out coached and out played in a championship game [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally different and lighter subject....all of a sudden Green Turtle has a revived 2023 team? Tryouts invite only, come on. Did they take over another team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally different and lighter subject....all of a sudden Green Turtle has a revived 2023 team? Tryouts invite only, come on. Did they take over another team?

Right. More like want a 2023 team, embarrassed to have another open tryout that no one attends. By invites they can try to put together a team in the shadows. Who would do that going into 9th grade unless the infamous dad coach who burns bridges has landed there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why are you on here?

I can answer that.

Are you the guy in the white van with tinted windows handing out candy at HoCo games?

Easy there ... Is funny tho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old lax world coach? Mix of Breakers B, Looney’s B and old lax world players. Dicey going into high school. What tournaments will they get into?? Mediocrity at it’s finest....again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, Hawks, Dogs are all the same. Accumulate talent...zero development...then charge high fees.
You have never been to one of these teams' practices. They are laughable from day one to day 100.
Crabs- take the best players from other clubs after they repeat, charge different amounts for different kids- some pay $500 while others $2000. Less than 50% of their starters were on the team in 6th grade.
Hawks- Your last name and private school are most important, they have cut the core of this team over the last two years
Dogs- Come' on, they are the most honest organization. The backup goalie doesn't even put a helmet on.

Hawks picked up a FOGO from NY, must not liked to sit the bench up there..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime lost to Laxachusetts Black 12-2. Yikes! Shore 2 Shore looked decent this weekend despite two losses to Express Hashemite. Also, seems as though 91 Warriors took a huge leap back as they got blown out in every game. Primetime also beat Igloo by 1. However, Bandits beat Igloo by 10 yesterday. True State Illinois seems like a great team who still are looking to prove themselves. Lot of teams currently in flux seems as though for the teams in the normal NLF circuit, Bandits are first, Crabs are second, and the rest in just a big mess. Feel free to leave your thoughts though. I am just reporting some scores (and a little of my own opinions) from the TriStar Express tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And half of True National.... all to beat the crabs. LOve it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 8. Crabs 7. Crab feast championship game today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is awesome is that hawks picked up a fogo after their regular fogo had to take the summer off due to injury. But. Perhaps you didn’t know that because well. You don’t know much. Further. Hawks roster has been the same 17 kids through middle school Fact. Adding kids during tryouts like is normally done. Hawks crabs today was a great game. And. Going in, despite hawks being the number 1 seed, most people would have put money on crabs. As hawks lost to them twice during HOCO. Also of note is all parents of both teams were positive and appropriate on the sidelines. Before. During. And after. Nice bonus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only impact player that was picked up was the FOGO. Everybody else is just for depth. Same Hawks out there. Shocked they beat the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only impact player that was picked up was the FOGO. Everybody else is just for depth. Same Hawks out there. Shocked they beat the Crabs.

That’s an impressive turnaround. Crabs beat you by double digits in HOCO and twice in the fall as well. But the only major change was the FOGO...... interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s an impressive turnaround. Crabs beat you by double digits in HOCO and twice in the fall as well. But the only major change was the FOGO...... interesting!

I'm just commenting on what I saw. Not a Hawks or Crabs parent.... so drop the "you."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Hawks only beat Looneys by a goal last week. Do True National guest just for one week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Hawks only beat Looneys by a goal last week. Do True National guest just for one week?

you do realize that half of the true national atlantic team are Hawks players, that have always played for Hawks.
Crabs did put a beating on Hawks in the Spring - lost both games by 8 - not double digits; the fall was without several players due to football. It is possible that they learned something from those losses and made necessary defensive changes. Putting into perspective the toss up between Dogs, Crabs and Hawks during the Spring.

Crabs had guest players when they played in LI, seems like a double standard to call out someone else for it.

maybe it was just a good game with one team coming out on top, that's definitely the way I saw it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must be noted that the Crabs added at least 4 players to the roster for this tournament (some even had odd color helmets), they also did the same thing in Long Island (taking 2 of the Hawks best players) and lost there as well. So don’t make excuses. The crabs were beaten in their tournament fair and square please no excuses!!!!

Page 32 of 37 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard