04/04/19 01:58 PM
04/04/19 01:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The idea that anyone is joining FCA for anything other than winning and possibly playing for Calvert Hall is hilarious.
But when they get a couple losses, the Bibles come out.
Coach loses his cool after a tough loss and you want to crucify him (pun intended) and roast the major booster for the club. That Catholic guilt is too funny.
Him saying what he said is no different than the horrible things the parents are saying about their own kids and teammates during the game.
And I’m tired of hearing he is their coach, and he shouldn’t act like that. They are their parents and they act the same way. The double standard is laughable.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282616
04/04/19 02:34 PM
04/04/19 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The idea that anyone is joining FCA for anything other than winning and possibly playing for Calvert Hall is hilarious.
Coach loses his cool after a tough loss and you want to crucify him (pun intended) and roast the major booster for the club. That Catholic guilt is too funny.
Him saying what he said is no different than the horrible things the parents are saying about their own kids and teammates during the game.
And I’m tired of hearing he is their coach, and he shouldn’t act like that. They are their parents and they act the same way. The double standard is laughable.

Wow !! Between him , MM among others...I am surprised that anyone is still playing Lacrosse in MD.

You would think by this time some people would be nailed to the cross ! : ) Pun intended

Last edited by 1026ME; 04/04/19 02:49 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282617
04/04/19 02:43 PM
04/04/19 02:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is someone who knows nothing about FCA and what the club offers and many of the kids that play for FCA are attending other HS. I love the fact that people make assumptions without truly knowing what they are talking about. That's laughable!

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282633
04/04/19 04:47 PM
04/04/19 04:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow !! Between him , MM among others...I am surprised that anyone is still playing Lacrosse in MD.

You would think by this time some people would be nailed to the cross ! : ) Pun intended

Who is MM?

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282640
04/04/19 06:50 PM
04/04/19 06:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is MM?

Mary Magdeline - check your fca athlete bible

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282673
04/05/19 11:30 AM
04/05/19 11:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Maybe this is not the forum for this topic"

BINGO!

This is the exact topic for this forum. Where else should people show their distate for the actions of those on the FCA sideline? This kind of behavior goes on with a lot of other parents and coaches but FCA stands out because FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Those in the organization should be the standard for good sportsmanship and not the symbol for bad youth sports behavior.

I thought FCA stood for Future Calvert Hall Athlete. Maybe I am confused

“Thou shall not steal”, unless you and your kids are on the board....then take whatever you want. The city has tons on money and the hospitals have no obligation to help the city residents.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282682
04/05/19 12:47 PM
04/05/19 12:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

This is the exact topic for this forum. Where else should people show their distate for the actions of those on the FCA sideline? This kind of behavior goes on with a lot of other parents and coaches but FCA stands out because FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Those in the organization should be the standard for good sportsmanship and not the symbol for bad youth sports behavior.

“Thou shall not steal”, unless you and your kids are on the board....then take whatever you want. The city has tons on money and the hospitals have no obligation to help the city residents.

To be honest, while the conflict of interest optics are disturbing, no one can make the leap you have without knowing the details involved. For all we know, the Company in question provided great services to the hospitals in question at a fair and competitive market price. If it comes out that the services awarded were priced at a high premium to market then I would agree with you but without that information your conclusions are premature and frankly hurtful. False accusations (see Duke lacrosse) can ruin folks. Let's hope the powers to be give a fair and balanced analysis of the bids awarded to date and the truth isn't obfuscated like it often is.... The Mayor is currently working hard to negotiate a no jail time deal in exchange for a quick resignation. If that happens, this will only confirm Baltimore's and for that matter Maryland's reputation as a "banana republic" state.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282763
04/07/19 09:28 AM
04/07/19 09:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

To be honest, while the conflict of interest optics are disturbing, no one can make the leap you have without knowing the details involved. For all we know, the Company in question provided great services to the hospitals in question at a fair and competitive market price. If it comes out that the services awarded were priced at a high premium to market then I would agree with you but without that information your conclusions are premature and frankly hurtful. False accusations (see Duke lacrosse) can ruin folks. Let's hope the powers to be give a fair and balanced analysis of the bids awarded to date and the truth isn't obfuscated like it often is.... The Mayor is currently working hard to negotiate a no jail time deal in exchange for a quick resignation. If that happens, this will only confirm Baltimore's and for that matter Maryland's reputation as a "banana republic" state.

Yes, you are correct. Perhaps they Kelly’s recused themselves from any UMMS business decision regarding insurance.
Perhaps the decision was made by a committee that was blind to the names of the insurance companies and awards were based solely on merit.
Perhaps the Kellys provided the insurance at cost as any good Christian would to to heal the sick. As Mathew writes “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282770
04/07/19 02:02 PM
04/07/19 02:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO!

Yes, you are correct. Perhaps they Kelly’s recused themselves from any UMMS business decision regarding insurance.
Perhaps the decision was made by a committee that was blind to the names of the insurance companies and awards were based solely on merit.
Perhaps the Kellys provided the insurance at cost as any good Christian would to to heal the sick. As Mathew writes “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”

Come on, no one expects a for profit company to work for free. The question really is was Kelly Insurance the best vendor (some mix of quality and cost) to bid. Unless you're an expert in the services provided, you don't know. Do the optics look bad, yes but like a coach giving his relatives starting spots, sometimes that's actually the correct call for the Program. Sometimes the coach's kids or nephews are the best players available. My only point is every situation should be evaluated on its own, that's all. Hopefully we won't get another single party state whitewashed investigation by a so called "unbiased" agency or investigator. This State is already a halfway to being a "Banana Republic".

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #284935
05/16/19 05:48 PM
05/16/19 05:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We always laugh at the various FCA pop-ups around the country. No team we have played at the youth level (middle school) has cursed on the field more than FCA Maryland, and its not even close. I have no bone to pick with the organization and am a Christian, but either enforce what you preach or stop preaching it. Locally, a guy just started his own chapter for one team...I watched him get flagged for cursing at a ref in his 5th grade game and then absolutely berating his fifth graders...and now he's opening a new FCA branch. Umm, okay. Guess his "faith journey" had a bump in the road.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #286812
06/17/19 09:50 AM
06/17/19 09:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was the FCA team at Baltimore Summer Kickoff the same one that won at NAL this weekend?

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #286853
06/17/19 01:19 PM
06/17/19 01:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was the FCA team at Baltimore Summer Kickoff the same one that won at NAL this weekend?

They combine blue and white rosters. Each tournament will have some combo. BSK and more white and NAL had more blue - thus the results

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #286882
06/17/19 04:05 PM
06/17/19 04:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one is going to Crabfeast?

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #286890
06/17/19 05:18 PM
06/17/19 05:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one is going to Crabfeast?

The one that was at NAL minus a few players due to US U19 tryouts

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #286894
06/17/19 06:22 PM
06/17/19 06:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having coached against and watched several FCA teams across different age groups and locations I can say they in no way represent any values whatsoever attributed to Christ. Parents and coaches exhibit zero sportsmanship and do nothing but yell at refs and players on both sides. Should rebrand as FWTA. Fellowship of White Trash Athletics.

Reply Quote
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification