BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 54 of 220 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MY Daughter Played On TheLuck Of Irish Team At ShamrocK. The Team Had 14 Players. Twelve Were 6Th Grade, One Was Fifth Grade And One Was A 12 Yr Old 7Th Grader Who By Birthdate Is Really More Of A 6Th Grader. She Played Bec She Was Friends With The Girls And She WaS The Same Age As Most.of The Team.. No Matter How You Look At It That Was A 6Th GrAde Travel Team That Properly Played In The 7Th Grade Division. That Team Clearly Played Within The Rules Of The Tournament.

Way to justify your cheating.

Oh Please just because you use one illegal player doesn't make you a cheater I think in the rules it states you can use as many as 3 illegal players before it's actually considered cheating. Lol

sounds like the one "illegal" player was the only girl playing in the correct age group if I am following this correctly (and don't give me travel vs town procedure). Maybe you should give this guy your daughters championship tee shirt. That's all that is at stake here in this elite tournament. Goes to show you the caliber of tournaments here on the island for girls, no travel teams play up at the real tournys. Tournaments should be town or travel, not try to mix the two. But what tournament director would do that, after all it is all about the $$$$.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practice Schedules are posted - now what are you people going to whine about?

Are you kidding? Did anybody stop to look when the practices are? On sundays. I'm pretty sure about 90 % of the girls from 2020 to 2017 still play on SCGL town teams. This creates nightmare conflicts for every single one of them as they play games on Sunday. This is a huge drop of the ball on TG. Must be the Hofstra commitment. Good for SS, bad for everyone else. Hopefully they recognize this major oversight and fix it. Anyone on the fence between TG and YJ, this is a game changer going into next year.

If you were truly concerned, the right thing to do would be to contact the directors directly. Why post it on a message board?

I can see why you wouldn't, the squeky wheel gets the bench then the boot. These clubs want your money, not your headaches. So both YJs and TGs practice on sundays, seems like they are spitting in the face of the town teams. Did everyone know going in that practices were on Sunday and that this conflict existed? Doesn't sound like it, TG anyway. So when conflict arises, what do you do? Play town games and blow off travel practice that you paid top $ for, or blow off the town team and have coach, teammates and parents get pissed at you. And what if your the coach of that town team, which is often the case. No win situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding? Did anybody stop to look when the practices are? On sundays. I'm pretty sure about 90 % of the girls from 2020 to 2017 still play on SCGL town teams. This creates nightmare conflicts for every single one of them as they play games on Sunday. This is a huge drop of the ball on TG. Must be the Hofstra commitment. Good for SS, bad for everyone else. Hopefully they recognize this major oversight and fix it. Anyone on the fence between TG and YJ, this is a game changer going into next year.

If you were truly concerned, the right thing to do would be to contact the directors directly. Why post it on a message board?

I can see why you wouldn't, the squeky wheel gets the bench then the boot. These clubs want your money, not your headaches. So both YJs and TGs practice on sundays, seems like they are spitting in the face of the town teams. Did everyone know going in that practices were on Sunday and that this conflict existed? Doesn't sound like it, TG anyway. So when conflict arises, what do you do? Play town games and blow off travel practice that you paid top $ for, or blow off the town team and have coach, teammates and parents get pissed at you. And what if your the coach of that town team, which is often the case. No win situation.

Did you ever think in part that varsity and JV play on Saturdays? Games and practices. With a lot of girls playing up that's 2017-2013 age groups alone that need free Saturdays. In addition, a lot of these travel coaches are high school coaches who need Saturdays free!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Everyone else figures it out. You will, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you ever think in part that varsity and JV play on Saturdays? Games and practices. With a lot of girls playing up that's 2017-2013 age groups alone that need free Saturdays. In addition, a lot of these travel coaches are high school coaches who need Saturdays free!!!

2017 to 2013 are not part of conversation. There is no SCGL for those age groups.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You both got beat by a town team anyway!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year 5th n 6 th grade practiced on Saturdays and all other teams on Sundays

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elephant in the room , could this move have been to block any in the younger age groups from taking advantage of the Stony Brook clinics. Certain people do not want any kids seeing how good a coach Spallina is and wondering if the grass would not be greener when paying big bucks for sub par coaching.Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Elephant in the room , could this move have been to block any in the younger age groups from taking advantage of the Stony Brook clinics. Certain people do not want any kids seeing how good a coach Spallina is and wondering if the grass would not be greener when paying big bucks for sub par coaching.Just saying.

I'm rolling my eyes. Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow powder your input on all this has been just so insightful, original thought ever?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point!
Possibly TG is using subliminal messaging on their website and emails telling people to STAY AWAY FROM SPALLINA! Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Wow powder your input on all this has been just so insightful, original thought ever?

Well if you were registered we could see how insightful your posts are. My guess is they are not.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

never saw any info for these Stony Brook Clinics, what ages are they running? Any info out there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding, and I admit this is second hand info, is that Spallina was going to run clinics and games on Sunday mornings for the 6-7-8 th grade group. I believe it was by invitation only and was mainly TG kids and some YJ kids and they were trying to keep it to the so called more competitive kids.Even though I am not a registered user yet I also heard that the big kahoona did not like the idea and felt they were possibly going to be tempted to jump ship so a practice day switch may have been made in this age group.Again all second hand info but that is what I was hearing and am now a little ticked because it sounded like a great idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding, and I admit this is second hand info, is that Spallina was going to run clinics and games on Sunday mornings for the 6-7-8 th grade group. I believe it was by invitation only and was mainly TG kids and some YJ kids and they were trying to keep it to the so called more competitive kids.Even though I am not a registered user yet I also heard that the big kahoona did not like the idea and felt they were possibly going to be tempted to jump ship so a practice day switch may have been made in this age group.Again all second hand info but that is what I was hearing and am now a little ticked because it sounded like a great idea.

Does anyone really believe that any of these clinincs are worth the time and money? Maybe if you're a HS kid looking to play for SB, but otherwise they're all fund raisers, especially for the younger age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are ticked off over rumors you admitted are second hand and possibly untrue? Hmmm sounds like your entire post is Bull Sh!*.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone really believe that any of these clinincs are worth the time and money? Maybe if you're a HS kid looking to play for SB, but otherwise they're all fund raisers, especially for the younger age groups.

Well said and quite true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are ticked off over rumors you admitted are second hand and possibly untrue? Hmmm sounds like your entire post is Bull Sh!*.

Actually my kid was invited to attend ,how it all came about and exactly how it was going to be done was not completely clear but it sounded like a great opportunity to learn from a proven coach and play with some talented kids. In my opinion the more time with a lacrosse stick in their hand the better.I would say I am dissappointed it may not happen and admimit I have no idea if BS changed the day of practice in response to this. that being said you seem a little sensitive ,could it be your kid was not asked or one of those control freak TG daddys that could not control this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save your money. My girls used to do the Just 4 Girls Camp over the summer, but we stopped because they were only reviewing basic skills, things kids at the travel level should already know. For them, the highlight of the camp was lunch and the pool. I’d rater spend $500 on a weekend at Hershey or something similar. The only ones that benefit from these kinds of camps are the guys that run them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save your money. My girls used to do the Just 4 Girls Camp over the summer, but we stopped because they were only reviewing basic skills, things kids at the travel level should already know. For them, the highlight of the camp was lunch and the pool. I’d rater spend $500 on a weekend at Hershey or something similar. The only ones that benefit from these kinds of camps are the guys that run them.
I think a lot of people attend these camps because they feel if they don’t, the coaches will be upset and their kid will be put on the coaches shi* list. Attend my camp or else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

never saw any info for these Stony Brook Clinics, what ages are they running? Any info out there?
I think it's a TG Daddy team special. Sort of like the YJ friends and family plan.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Actually my kid was invited to attend ,how it all came about and exactly how it was going to be done was not completely clear but it sounded like a great opportunity to learn from a proven coach and play with some talented kids.

What? Your kid was invited but no details were provided? Who did the inviting? Every camp or clinic invitation I have ever seen provides all the details.

Secondly, no guarantee of "talented kids." What you are guaranteed are "kids whose parents are willing to ante up." They may be talented or they may not. Especially at the younger ages, you get a lot of social joining because "that's what my friends are doing."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calm down powder, no one said no details and the invitation was verbal from someone involved. In this case there was a guarantee of talented kids in that I knew many of the other kids who were going .Not sure why this annoys so many .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that Spallina is starting a high school travel team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Actually my kid was invited to attend ,how it all came about and exactly how it was going to be done was not completely clear but it sounded like a great opportunity to learn from a proven coach and play with some talented kids.

What? Your kid was invited but no details were provided? Who did the inviting? Every camp or clinic invitation I have ever seen provides all the details.

Secondly, no guarantee of "talented kids." What you are guaranteed are "kids whose parents are willing to ante up." They may be talented or they may not. Especially at the younger ages, you get a lot of social joining because "that's what my friends are doing."
You would never see this with the YJ group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a lot of people attend these camps because they feel if they don’t, the coaches will be upset and their kid will be put on the coaches shi* list. Attend my camp or else.

That's called YJ's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's called YJ's!

Yjs don't run a summer camp. But hey SS as 2of them,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Your post proves that advertising on BOTC works.

As for your Yellow Jackets comment, are you sure about that, Chief? We certainly have not seen anything cross our desk from the Yellow Jackets director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. I just despise people who not only perpetuate second hand trash but post fictitious stories in an attempt to stir the pot. You my friend are one of those people.

Actually my kid was invited to attend ,how it all came about and exactly how it was going to be done was not completely clear but it sounded like a great opportunity to learn from a proven coach and play with some talented kids. In my opinion the more time with a lacrosse stick in their hand the better.I would say I am dissappointed it may not happen and admimit I have no idea if BS changed the day of practice in response to this. that being said you seem a little sensitive ,could it be your kid was not asked or one of those control freak TG daddys that could not control this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

As for your Yellow Jackets comment, are you sure about that, Chief? We certainly have not seen anything cross our desk from the Yellow Jackets director.

SS has 2 oranizations, hence 2 camps. I have never seen a YJ camp during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ happen to run the BEST CAMP on Long Island. Loaded with college coaches!!.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS has 2 oranizations, hence 2 camps. I have never seen a YJ camp during the summer.

YJ has sleep away team camps up at Syracuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spallina excellent coach, top of the line, best coach on Long Island, hands down , that other coach from hempstead cant carry his shoes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. I just despise people who not only perpetuate second hand trash but post fictitious stories in an attempt to stir the pot. You my friend are one of those people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spallina excellent coach, top of the line, best coach on Long Island, hands down , that other coach from hempstead cant carry his shoes

Signed,
Coach Spallina. Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what camp might that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ has sleep away team camps up at Syracuse.

Nike Cup Team Tournament Camp - Team and Individual Player Registrations are now open!! Here it is. Paid directly to SU camps. Not a YJ run camp.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And what camp might that be?
BOTC strongly recommends the Lacrosse-By-3 Evening Camp (individual camp at the end of June) or the Lacrosse-By-3 Team Camp (end of July) designed for High School Varsity teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nike Cup Team Tournament Camp - Team and Individual Player Registrations are now open!! Here it is. Paid directly to SU camps. Not a YJ run camp.
Traveling to Syracuse for Team Camps is no longer necessary with rhe Lacrosse-By-3 Team Camp at the end of July now in place. With Hofstra University's Shuart Stadium as the setting, top facilities and training will be provided. You can find our more about this program by clicking the Sponsor's Panel Lacrosse-By-3 panel at the top of this page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you don't mean Just 4 Girls.

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 220 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard