BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 36 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They left last year and are up to their usual tricks. Last year it was political, this year, it's not enough. Good luck to their team.

Funny, right? Count how many teams those Turtle kids have been on over the last 4 years. I don’t think any of them have made it to year two with any club. Now there was not enough practice/tourneys? Laughable! Weren’t they all playing 5-6 days a week with school? Time for them to recognize that the real problem is them. They are ruining their children.

How would you know who was on what team and for how long? Kids leave teams because of bad coaches.

Everybody knows. The parents are all annoying and have bothered, trash talked, and destroyed sideline chemistry on all of the teams they’ve played on. And no, it’s not because of bad coaching. It’s because their kids don’t start or play as much as they want. And do you know why that is? Because the other kids on the team are better mainly because they’ve worked hard and developed with the team over several years. It takes a rare talent to move to a team and start right away. Kids should be taught to work hard and earn their minutes. Not be fed excuses of bad coaching and favoritism or nepotism.

You hit the nail on the head. That's why the "daddy crew" are unhappy and looking to leave their present team and merge with the formed Empire coach. Daddy coach will get what he wants from him.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warriors can’t even make it to the finals of a B tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^ Don't have anything to say about the Warriors, but it was a huge haul $$$$$ tournament for 91, as a B tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^ Don't have anything to say about the Warriors, but it was a huge haul $$$$$ tournament for 91, as a B tourney.

What happened to the Rebels?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is the team to beat this weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes they are very good at beating B teams. very sad though that they need ninth graders to beat up on 2023's. bet u thought nobody knew about your illegal players. SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 9th graders did STS play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes they are very good at beating B teams. very sad though that they need ninth graders to beat up on 2023's. bet u thought nobody knew about your illegal players. SMH

Fake news. S2S doesn't have any 9th graders on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are fast approaching, any constructive thoughts?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s cute...you must be a politician, of course they wouldn’t be on the roster so technically you are telling the truth, but perhaps there were 9th graders nonetheless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm constructive thoughts here? Highly unlikely but the opinions of stunands! Unlimited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm constructive thoughts here? Highly unlikely but the opinions of stunands! Unlimited!

Take your pick, plenty to chose from. Kinda hard, kids going into 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your full of ...it. No 9t graders on S2S. 8th graders playing up on Jv maybe for their school, LI plays grade not AGE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They left last year and are up to their usual tricks. Last year it was political, this year, it's not enough. Good luck to their team.

Funny, right? Count how many teams those Turtle kids have been on over the last 4 years. I don’t think any of them have made it to year two with any club. Now there was not enough practice/tourneys? Laughable! Weren’t they all playing 5-6 days a week with school? Time for them to recognize that the real problem is them. They are ruining their children.

How would you know who was on what team and for how long? Kids leave teams because of bad coaches.

Everybody knows. The parents are all annoying and have bothered, trash talked, and destroyed sideline chemistry on all of the teams they’ve played on. And no, it’s not because of bad coaching. It’s because their kids don’t start or play as much as they want. And do you know why that is? Because the other kids on the team are better mainly because they’ve worked hard and developed with the team over several years. It takes a rare talent to move to a team and start right away. Kids should be taught to work hard and earn their minutes. Not be fed excuses of bad coaching and favoritism or nepotism.

You hit the nail on the head. That's why the "daddy crew" are unhappy and looking to leave their present team and merge with the formed Empire coach. Daddy coach will get what he wants from him.

Wait, didn’t they leave Empire because they didn’t think the coach was any good?? Now they are going back?? That’s comical! After all the trash talk about that guy and getting everyone to quit the team, suddenly he’s the savior! For the record, I think the Empire coach is talented. He should run as fast as he can away! And he should run backwards so it’s harder for them to stab him in the back again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, didn’t they leave Empire because they didn’t think the coach was any good?? Now they are going back?? That’s comical! After all the trash talk about that guy and getting everyone to quit the team, suddenly he’s the savior! For the record, I think the Empire coach is talented. He should run as fast as he can away! And he should run backwards so it’s harder for them to stab him in the back again.

I think he (Empire coach) left the team last year. Prior to that, some of his players joined Igloo. Fast forward, the coach is now looking to coach again. I don't know about him being talented, but maybe he has a few dedicated to the limited talents he does posses, maybe his style fits those, who knows. Many parents give some of these guys tooooo much credit for what they do. And sell their kid(s) out to anyone that comes along with unattainable promises. Some may be giving this guy a little to much credit, but it all boils down to the parents ego. Just think; most likely, some of the unhappy Igloo parents that left the team last year are still paying off, to this day the debt they accrued while playing for the team (WSYL) they hated being on last year. People stop and think. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Rebels?

They belong in the "B" bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S has zero 9th graders. Stop with the bullsh*t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
need some feedback on the turtles. heard so many good things about them but haven't seen them at any tourneys. have they played yet? which tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
need some feedback on the turtles. heard so many good things about them but haven't seen them at any tourneys. have they played yet? which tourneys?

lol! I’m sure you’re joking, but in case you’re not read back on this thread. They are a disaster. No tourneys. No practice. Awful parents. Terrible parents. Cancerous parents. Nice shiny helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol! I’m sure you’re joking, but in case you’re not read back on this thread. They are a disaster. No tourneys. No practice. Awful parents. Terrible parents. Cancerous parents. Nice shiny helmets.

what do parents have to do with a team playing in tourneys? usually your team plays in at least 4 tourneys. are they playing in any upcoming tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what do parents have to do with a team playing in tourneys? usually your team plays in at least 4 tourneys. are they playing in any upcoming tourneys?

They are playing at tristar this weekend. I think they have a great chance to win!

They are playing at tristar this weekend. I think they could win it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None yet. They’re playing this weekend though. Easiest schedule in the tourney. After that is a mystery. Save your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a disgruntled parent who needs therapy with this amount of anger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re correct about the disgruntled part. The therapy may be next. I was sold a bill of good that was never even close to delivered. Travel lax is not cheap and my son deserved more. Compound that with the group of parents who went there own way and this has been a completely wasted season. Stay as far away as you can. This team is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be anymore disastrous, awful, terrible, cancerous, than the person you see every morning when you open your eyes and rub that bald head!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re correct about the disgruntled part. The therapy may be next. I was sold a bill of good that was never even close to delivered. Travel lax is not cheap and my son deserved more. Compound that with the group of parents who went there own way and this has been a completely wasted season. Stay as far away as you can. This team is a joke.

I guarantee, all these people talking garbage about any particular club, are the ones running to their tryouts. Pick a team, Outlaws, Rebels, rebels, 91, Express, Turtles, Legacy, the list goes on and on and you will find parents on those teams who aren't satisfied. Entire teams become dissatisfied with the Parent Organization and go their own way. Look at the Mighty Ducks. Oh, we were treated like a red headed step child, blah, blah, blah. The point is, at the end they couldn't draw the kids in and why do you think? People will have something to say anywhere you go. I see it every year at tryouts, so many kids wearing different club helmets and we only take 2 to 3 of those kids. I bet all the people talking garbage, have no clue about what's going on within a particular club. it's only gossip. But sometimes it's very funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they brought in a few guests this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guarantee, all these people talking garbage about any particular club, are the ones running to their tryouts. Pick a team, Outlaws, Rebels, rebels, 91, Express, Turtles, Legacy, the list goes on and on and you will find parents on those teams who aren't satisfied. Entire teams become dissatisfied with the Parent Organization and go their own way. Look at the Mighty Ducks. Oh, we were treated like a red headed step child, blah, blah, blah. The point is, at the end they couldn't draw the kids in and why do you think? People will have something to say anywhere you go. I see it every year at tryouts, so many kids wearing different club helmets and we only take 2 to 3 of those kids. I bet all the people talking garbage, have no clue about what's going on within a particular club. it's only gossip. But sometimes it's very funny.

Yes in deed. The same trash talker is a cancer at his own current club and all the parents hate him. He will be at our tryouts trying to get his mighty Jr Rabil on the team by trying to scare away existing players. The only thing is he doesn't know everyone gets along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like someone said, the teams mentioned will only back fill with 3-4 new players max. All this talk about organizations not providing enough,
" No tourneys. No practice. Awful parents. Terrible parents. Cancerous parents. Nice shiny helmets." it's all smoke & mirrors. Maybe 3,4 families leave. Mighty Jr. Rabil and his 2-3 sidekicks maybe, but the rest are content laughing at all the BS posted. But if they don't leave, eventually all of them will fall inline. Funny, a lot of people are curious about what one particular club is doing. Know what, it's too late, you had your chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
I guarantee, all these people talking garbage about any particular club, are the ones running to their tryouts. Pick a team, Outlaws, Rebels, rebels, 91, Express, Turtles, Legacy, the list goes on and on and you will find parents on those teams who aren't satisfied. Entire teams become dissatisfied with the Parent Organization and go their own way. Look at the Mighty Ducks. Oh, we were treated like a red headed step child, blah, blah, blah. The point is, at the end they couldn't draw the kids in and why do you think? People will have something to say anywhere you go. I see it every year at tryouts, so many kids wearing different club helmets and we only take 2 to 3 of those kids. I bet all the people talking garbage, have no clue about what's going on within a particular club. it's only gossip. But sometimes it's very funny. [/quote]

Why wouldn't parents bring their kids to other clubs tryouts? It would be notIntelligent to put all your eggs in 1 basket. Some reasons to shop other teams are and not limited to:

- Maybe your kid isn't good enough on current team to get playing time so why would you spend thousands to stay there and have them watch other kids play and practice? Find a team where they might get some playing time or even reps in practice for the $$$ parents are spending. Move from AA team to B or C so at least your 13 year old gets to develop. Your not going to get any better watching other kids play. You can watch pros on ESPN for free. If coaches think at 8th or 9th grade its too late to develop in lacrosse then they don't know anything about sports and those are not the coaches you want.
- Maybe you don't make your current club because new players come in better than your kid. If you don't go to other tryouts now you have no team to play on.
- Location. Maybe parents are tired of driving 45 minutes to practice and would like to find something closer.
- Promises not kept by current club. As we have seen above some clubs promise to do one thing and don't deliver. It's too expensive to hope that things will change at current club.
- Politics - If you are on a team full of coaches kids then those spots are closed. Also town associations. Many teams are full of kids from that town where coaches have a vested interested in developing them for High School. If your not from that town you are SOL even if you are good enough to play.
- Money - Move to another team and save enough money to take the family on a weekend getaway. Crazy that club lacrosse is so expensive that you can actually do that.

At the end of the day there are many reasons to look for or switch new teams and its not always because parents are jerks or crazy. And believe it or not most parents are realistic about their kids ability. Its usually because they are spending thousands of dollars and their kid is getting nothing out of it despite what was promised in tryouts. If you don't see any improvement in a 13 year old from the start of the season to the end then why stay? Your paying for a service which is to make kids better lacrosse players. Some parents like myself don't really care how many tournaments we win. I want to see my kid leaving practice and games with a smile on his face and throughout the year see my kid doing a new dodge or a better shot or better footwork on defense or some other kind of improvement.

If I don't like the food at one restaurant I decide not to go back there and spend my money elsewhere. Same thing with SOME lacrosse clubs it seems. They are serving bad food and then after a couple years consumers stop going there and they shut down. Don't blame it on the customers, its usually the food.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like someone said, the teams mentioned will only back fill with 3-4 new players max. All this talk about organizations not providing enough,
" No tourneys. No practice. Awful parents. Terrible parents. Cancerous parents. Nice shiny helmets." it's all smoke & mirrors. Maybe 3,4 families leave. Mighty Jr. Rabil and his 2-3 sidekicks maybe, but the rest are content laughing at all the BS posted. But if they don't leave, eventually all of them will fall inline. Funny, a lot of people are curious about what one particular club is doing. Know what, it's too late, you had your chance.

Lol! Nice attempt at reverse psychology! No one is going to that disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guarantee, all these people talking garbage about any particular club, are the ones running to their tryouts. Pick a team, Outlaws, Rebels, rebels, 91, Express, Turtles, Legacy, the list goes on and on and you will find parents on those teams who aren't satisfied. Entire teams become dissatisfied with the Parent Organization and go their own way. Look at the Mighty Ducks. Oh, we were treated like a red headed step child, blah, blah, blah. The point is, at the end they couldn't draw the kids in and why do you think? People will have something to say anywhere you go. I see it every year at tryouts, so many kids wearing different club helmets and we only take 2 to 3 of those kids. I bet all the people talking garbage, have no clue about what's going on within a particular club. it's only gossip. But sometimes it's very funny. [/quote]

Why wouldn't parents bring their kids to other clubs tryouts? It would be notIntelligent to put all your eggs in 1 basket. Some reasons to shop other teams are and not limited to:

- Maybe your kid isn't good enough on current team to get playing time so why would you spend thousands to stay there and have them watch other kids play and practice? Find a team where they might get some playing time or even reps in practice for the $$$ parents are spending. Move from AA team to B or C so at least your 13 year old gets to develop. Your not going to get any better watching other kids play. You can watch pros on ESPN for free. If coaches think at 8th or 9th grade its too late to develop in lacrosse then they don't know anything about sports and those are not the coaches you want.
- Maybe you don't make your current club because new players come in better than your kid. If you don't go to other tryouts now you have no team to play on.
- Location. Maybe parents are tired of driving 45 minutes to practice and would like to find something closer.
- Promises not kept by current club. As we have seen above some clubs promise to do one thing and don't deliver. It's too expensive to hope that things will change at current club.
- Politics - If you are on a team full of coaches kids then those spots are closed. Also town associations. Many teams are full of kids from that town where coaches have a vested interested in developing them for High School. If your not from that town you are SOL even if you are good enough to play.
- Money - Move to another team and save enough money to take the family on a weekend getaway. Crazy that club lacrosse is so expensive that you can actually do that.

At the end of the day there are many reasons to look for or switch new teams and its not always because parents are jerks or crazy. And believe it or not most parents are realistic about their kids ability. Its usually because they are spending thousands of dollars and their kid is getting nothing out of it despite what was promised in tryouts. If you don't see any improvement in a 13 year old from the start of the season to the end then why stay? Your paying for a service which is to make kids better lacrosse players. Some parents like myself don't really care how many tournaments we win. I want to see my kid leaving practice and games with a smile on his face and throughout the year see my kid doing a new dodge or a better shot or better footwork on defense or some other kind of improvement.

If I don't like the food at one restaurant I decide not to go back there and spend my money elsewhere. Same thing with SOME lacrosse clubs it seems. They are serving bad food and then after a couple years consumers stop going there and they shut down. Don't blame it on the customers, its usually the food.

[/quote]
Very well stated.

If your kid is not getting playing time or the coaches don’t show up or cancel practice often, it’s time to look for another program, in the long run playing time and good coaching is much more important that T-shirts.

On the other hand some people are never happy, and it might not be every team that is the problem, you might be the problem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after all the typing, where will your kid be trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right back at you. See you at tryouts for our team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right back at you. See you at tryouts for our team.

I’ll stick with my current team, but thanks. We are having a much more pleasant season since our troublemakers went back east! We literally wouldn’t go there if the team was free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know anything about the teams from outside Long Island coming to TriStar this weekend for 2023? Good, not good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

L
Anybody know anything about the teams from outside Long Island coming to TriStar this weekend for 2023? Good, not good?

Laxachussets always have good teams. Tough hardworking kids. Usually big, not accusing holdbacks, just big and physical. But they are bringing 3 so I am assuming one of them is a true B/C team much like most of the 3rd teams in the age bracket around here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

L

Laxachussets always have good teams. Tough hardworking kids. Usually big, not accusing holdbacks, just big and physical. But they are bringing 3 so I am assuming one of them is a true B/C team much like most of the 3rd teams in the age bracket around here.

Dukes National 2023 should be good If all their kids show up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good to see Spallina taking care of this son and teammates at UA. When will UA learn??

Page 30 of 36 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard